Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Hell on earth is good. Anyone going to the launch party?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Hell on Earth is very good so far

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Hell on Earth is very good so far

Matt Christman's Blowback

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I am really enjoying Hell on Earth. I end up listening to each episode a few times. I actually find Chris less annoying in this format, maybe in part because I think he's aping Patrick Wyman and I've grown comfortable with that style.

The discussion of Showtime prestige makes me want them to review Your Honour, another exceptionally dumb but maybe good show.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Did Santos do an “actually inconveniences a rich person” crime, and that’s why he seems so shunned by other Republican congressmen? Otherwise yeah, he owned the libs and is a warm body to fill the seat for Republicans, and that’s all he needs to do for them, so what’s their problem? Too late for Democrats to cry about it, maybe you should have had a midterm message other than “Tucker Carlson may say NYC is a crime-infested hell, but it’s actually worse.”

Scary as hell how instead of using automation to free us from tedium to free us from tedious work for more creative pursuits, we’re using it to free us from creativity so we have more time to spend on tedious work. Even freakier in its own way are the non-rich shitheads I occasionally see on Twitter actually crowing about AI putting uppity creatives in their place. They actually come up with their derogatory terms for them like drawcels

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 20, 2023

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dr Christmas posted:

Did Santos do an “actually inconveniences a rich person” crime, and that’s why he seems so shunned by other Republican congressmen?

I think it's a combination of lying way too many times in really weird ways and doing drag.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
He comes across like the gay conman who murdered Pete Campbell's mom. So he doesn't fit in with the establishment Republicans and he doesn't fit in with the fascist kulturkampf wingnut Republicans.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Even if a Republican never harms rich people if they become embarrassing enough they still get cut loose

Like that one pedophile judge in Louisiana who met his wife at age 17 while looking for teens at the mall while he was 40, Roy something

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Had my plus one bail tonight for the hell on earth launch party - if anyone wants to take their ticket and join, shoot me a DM (will be driving for a bit).

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Can't be there but cleave a couple Zwinglianists for me

Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009

selec posted:

If you are digging Hell On Earth I strongly recommend the CV Wedgewood book. And then you can say you finally read a book written by a woman, too.

Seconding this, it’s a good book|

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
wrong thread.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 21, 2023

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Wolfsheim posted:

Even if a Republican never harms rich people if they become embarrassing enough they still get cut loose

Like that one pedophile judge in Louisiana who met his wife at age 17 while looking for teens at the mall while he was 40, Roy something
Roy Moore might be the last Republican politician who gets his career derailed by a scandal, the way this is going

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Eric Cantonese posted:

https://time.com/6172625/tim-kaine-long-covid/

While his wife’s symptoms resolved within a couple weeks, Kaine is still feeling the effects of his infection more than two years later. Kaine says he experiences near-constant nerve tingling, like “every nerve ending has had five cups of coffee,” as well as intermittent hot sensations on his skin. In a more recent development, everything he eats now tastes both a little metallic and a little sweet—the latter, he jokes, is appropriate for an optimist.
Tim Kaine in the membrane

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Roy Moore might be the last Republican politician who gets his career derailed by a scandal, the way this is going

Jim Jordan covered up ACTUAL molestation and none of the satanic panic 2.0 crew give a gently caress lol

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

The current crop of psychos has me thinking about Steve King

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

COPE 27 posted:

Jim Jordan covered up ACTUAL molestation and none of the satanic panic 2.0 crew give a gently caress lol
Not a surprise considering they still talk about Dennis Hastert

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
https://twitter.com/roddreher/status/1616558193383014400?s=12

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

that doesn’t seem very Traditional

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

*m'gays, stupid autocorrect

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Dr Christmas posted:

Did Santos do an “actually inconveniences a rich person” crime, and that’s why he seems so shunned by other Republican congressmen? Otherwise yeah, he owned the libs and is a warm body to fill the seat for Republicans, and that’s all he needs to do for them, so what’s their problem?

He lied about his identity/background to such an severe extent that you can't really dismiss it, and it wasn't financial/sexual/political stuff that they're all lying about so there's no rhetorical benefit to defending. Sticking your neck out for him would actually make you look bad.

Groovelord Neato posted:

I think it's a combination of lying way too many times in really weird ways and doing drag.

In addition to dressing in drag hes tried to recruit trans people to the republican party in the past (when youre supposed to demonize them to solidify your base). Dude is not in the club and does not know how the game is played.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

little munchkin posted:

He lied about his identity/background to such an severe extent that you can't really dismiss it, and it wasn't financial/sexual/political stuff that they're all lying about so there's no rhetorical benefit to defending. Sticking your neck out for him would actually make you look bad.

In addition to dressing in drag hes tried to recruit trans people to the republican party in the past (when youre supposed to demonize them to solidify your base). Dude is not in the club and does not know how the game is played.

Yup Biden's lying and misquoting could be pretty easily explained away (ignore that it kept happening thanks) in individual moments. I misremembered, my staffer wrote that, etc

This guy was multiple different people

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1616943814824034305?t=VpJOxS32ceiBbjE3LbPmXw&s=19

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
He’s still got it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Seams posted:

He’s still got it
Oh it gets better

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1616953581306789888?s=20&t=jvEgVZ9mGGM1WjnMNOLVZA

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
lmao god drat

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

lmao

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Whomst among us

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

George R Word Martin is a great line

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

FlamingLiberal posted:

George R Word Martin is a great line

I could’ve sworn that was a Cumtown bit, but maybe that was George Hard R Martin

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I love this so much

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Hell on earth is good but the stark shift from just reading a paper to actually conversing is pretty glaring every time it happens. Both of them are very stiff when reading.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Does anyone have the article about cops and 911-call analysis they read? Holy poo poo, it's insane.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Sephyr posted:

Does anyone have the article about cops and 911-call analysis they read? Holy poo poo, it's insane.

I read it a couple of weeks ago and it was positively enraging. Props to them for being able to laugh at the dumber parts of it.

https://www.propublica.org/article/911-call-analysis-fbi-police-courts

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

3 hours is too long for a funeral

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

“Dr. Cap Jackson” is one of the funniest names available

matureaudiencesonly
May 6, 2009

i think the SVU episode was fun even as someone who has never seen an episode of SVU but i kept thinking that katherine and will's entire relationship must just be exchanging "you know"s back and forth together forever

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Remember when this podcast was about the politics!!?!?!?!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Politics ended, they had to pivot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Gonzo McFee posted:

Remember when this podcast was about the politics!!?!?!?!

A lot of Boomers vote, and they all watch SVU.