Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
For some odd reason, Etie has been one of my consistent carry characters. Considering the game blesses you with a Longbow early, she’s been strong enough to destroy fliers and dragons and also provide long distance poke. She’s just really solid and if you get her in pillars or somewhere with high avoid, good luck hitting her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

RevolverDivider posted:

Etie’s cool and has a good design I just hate Alfred and want to stuff him in a locker.

:yeah:

I wish my Etie would get any speed at all though. I slapped Marth on her immediately which has helped and having a melee option for her and second sword user is really helpful in the early game. But she's gonna end up falling off pretty hard if she keeps getting bad levels.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
"I'm Marth. Emblem Marth, to be clear" is an extremely normal line. what are you all even talking about. It's completely reasonable.

people are getting upset over the most innocuous things in this game

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

we should kill him. kill emblem marth, to be clear.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

we are going to violent attack the emblem known as marth until he dies, which is the crime known as murder

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Pick up your Emblem... and Marth!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh riiiiight, Emblem Marth, the Emblem that is Marth, the Emblem that is specifically representing Marth, Marth Emblem.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i think it's just a little goofy that they use emblem as a title like that but it's weird that anyone's hung up on it

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Divine One

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Just got my first master seal. Should I promote immediately at level 10, or is this one of the FE's where you wait until 20 (or second seal then promote at 10 like in Awakening)

Louis is my only level 10 unit rn. I'd like to make him more busted.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Endorph posted:

we are going to violent attack the emblem known as marth until he dies, which is the crime known as murder

with this emblem i protect the lesbians

the trans lesbians, to be clear

e: alternatively, "dimitri kills women. murders women, to be clear"

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

PizzaProwler posted:

Just got my first master seal. Should I promote immediately at level 10, or is this one of the FE's where you wait until 20 (or second seal then promote at 10 like in Awakening)

Louis is my only level 10 unit rn. I'd like to make him more busted.

You can buy them in the item shop for cheap soon. go for it

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Barreft posted:

You can buy them in the item shop for cheap soon. go for it

I guess my question is more about level cap. Would promoting reset the level to 1 (assuming a cap of 20) or is it like Three Houses where you just have a level independent of class.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
he's not using it as a title, he's using it as a distinction; this is Emblem Marth, who is a separate character from Shadow Dragon Marth, who is alive and well or regular dead over in Achanea and not canonically trapped in a mcguffin where he has been staring vacantly at a sleeping child for a whole-rear end millenium

like it's a bit goofy because it's conveying information to the player rather than the characters, but it is the most reasonable way to phrase that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PizzaProwler posted:

I guess my question is more about level cap. Would promoting reset the level to 1 (assuming a cap of 20) or is it like Three Houses where you just have a level independent of class.
promoting resets to level 1, and you have a cap of 20. second sealing resets your level to 1, but i believe your internal level stays the same. if you second seal vander down to an unpromoted class he seems to still get smaller amounts of exp (though not as small)

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The Emblem Marth line is there to clarify that he is a separate version of Math that you need to spend 2,000 dollars in the mobile game to have a chance at collecting.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
So how gay can I make my army? Any confirmed characters or do they just allude to it?

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

smdh if you don't immediately put the shades on Our Friend

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Andrew_1985 posted:

So how gay can I make my army? Any confirmed characters or do they just allude to it?
every character has a paired ending with alear regardless of gender, most of which are romantic (again, regardless of gender) sadly no non-alear paired endings, but there's several a supports that read as pretty romantic.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Man they just could not think of any better way to introduce Amber, huh.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Endorph posted:

promoting resets to level 1, and you have a cap of 20. second sealing resets your level to 1, but i believe your internal level stays the same. if you second seal vander down to an unpromoted class he seems to still get smaller amounts of exp (though not as small)

dumb question here, Yunaka has a Thief class that requires lvl 40 to second seal. I'm not even sure my question, what's the point I guess. Do I get anything special leveling her Thief from 23 -> 40 change to this thief?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Hellioning posted:

Man they just could not think of any better way to introduce Amber, huh.

Amber is uhhh, really weird. What til you have him make you a meal.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
my first level for alear gave her strength and res, and spellcaster got +2 strength. i hope this isn't precedent for hard mode.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Barreft posted:

dumb question here, Yunaka has a Thief class that requires lvl 40 to second seal. I'm not even sure my question, what's the point I guess. Do I get anything special leveling her Thief from 23 -> 40 change to this thief?

All classes require you to be at max level in order to Second Seal them into the same class and Thief (and Dancer) has a level cap of 40. You can freely Second Seal into a different class at any time, though.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

oh hell yeah the amiibos unlock some great music

Just changed my combat music too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZqWUyh1ugw

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
So, the Marth in Super Smash Bros, is it the real Marth? Or Emblem Marth?

Or is it a second, separate emblem Marth, and they are blissfully unaware of each other’s existence?

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Endorph posted:

Thank you. I was really struggling to get my question across for some reason (and google was of no help either because I couldn't get the phrasing right)

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Deltasquid posted:

So, the Marth in Super Smash Bros, is it the real Marth? Or Emblem Marth?

Or is it a second, separate emblem Marth, and they are blissfully unaware of each other’s existence?

smash marth is a figurine brought to life by the power of a child's imagination, the lore is quite clear on this

also he should eat the eggs

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
This game seems kinda corny so far but I was pretty hype at Chapter 1 when everything started going to poo poo and I did a magical girl transformation with Marth Fire Emblem and the banging theme music kicked in, so it might also be rad?

Also I’m like 95% sure they got Deku’s voice actor from My Hero Academia to voice this green mage kid who’s a really big fan of the Divine One which makes me smile a little.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Jon Irenicus posted:

smdh if you don't immediately put the shades on Our Friend

:hai:
tho the eyebrows were a pretty good option too

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
Story is trash and I'm loving it. Every cutscene is like I'm a teenager tearing open another bag of Doritos. And then I can go into a battle and have my Armor Knight charge 10 squares across the field and get swarmed by every enemy and live. It really is Final Fantasy V in Fire Emblem form

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Mr. Trampoline posted:

Story is trash and I'm loving it. Every cutscene is like I'm a teenager tearing open another bag of Doritos. And then I can go into a battle and have my Armor Knight charge 10 squares across the field and get swarmed by every enemy and live. It really is Final Fantasy V in Fire Emblem form

100%. it's great. I love 3H though. Definitely two different games

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
one thing that actually bothers me is Siggerd and Leaf.

like okay sometimes non-English pronunciation is hard but these are basic-rear end names containing only phonemes that also exist in English!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Every page 4-7 people say how the story and dialogue is causing them physical pain but screenshots of anything are rarer than a Res level up in Shadows of Valentina. So I simply must ask the audience chants in unison: How, Bad Is It!?

Are we talking RWBY or Simpsons for the last 5 years? Or 8 years. Or 16 years. Or 19 years
Or the Walking Dead after season 5?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

RareAcumen posted:

Every page 4-7 people say how the story and dialogue is causing them physical pain but screenshots of anything are rarer than a Res level up in Shadows of Valentina. So I simply must ask the audience chants in unison: How, Bad Is It!?

Are we talking RWBY or Simpsons for the last 5 years? Or 8 years. Or 16 years. Or 19 years
Or the Walking Dead after season 5?

it isn't as bad as Three Houses's

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Its completely normal and they're mad over nothing. It's not deep, but anyone saying it's actively awful is being melodramatic

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm glad engage has freed the people pretending to like three houses to just rip on it, remove the mask

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Tae posted:

I'm glad engage has freed the people pretending to like three houses to just rip on it, remove the mask

3H rules

The whole game is like this, it's fun and dumb. Gameplay rules

Barreft fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 21, 2023

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

3H is neat but is also kind of a bad game.

Engage is dorky sometimes but is also an extremely good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Its very good. 3H I mean. Engage too probably, but i'm only a few hours in.