Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Walla posted:

Yeah, maybe I should drop Beast and just do a bounce deck with him and Falcon. Mind posting 1 of your decks? I've never been able to get Dino to feel effective.

I did put together a Sera deck with a Lady Sif-Ghost Rider-Infinaut combo. It's pretty fun. I also have a Magneto deck that I just unlocked Polaris for. Now I just need Aero for the full set.

Sure -- this is a very generic one, honestly threw it together just because I got that sick ghost rider demonic Quinjet variant. I really think you want Quinjet in any deck that goes all in on card generation -- it's more support than Devil Dino actually needs, and Collector isn't a good enough payoff on his own -- Quinjet is nice because you can drop it well after T1 and still benefit. Thinking about running Sera too because lowering a card's cost by 2 is IMO more than twice as good as lowering it by 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Adding Sera to that deck gives you a free Sentinel on T6 w/Quinjet which can be quite helpful, especially if you get both Collector and Dino Buddy out on the field.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
This was pure loving chaos. Lots of Cloak shenanigans. Got Sera on turn 6 after it was too late but didn't even need her.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
Just lost 8 cubes for trying to outsmart a bot. Had the location where you can only play 4, 5, 6 cost cards. Turn 6. Lane is empty on both sides, bot had priority. Since they can't play small creatures, I throw down Shang-Chi in the hopes they play America or Hulk or something big enough to explode.

Instead, the bot played Iron Man. Into an empty lane.

...that had Mr. Fantastic in the next lane. Doubles that 2, and four beats Shang-Chi's three. just fukcing, god drat it

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
the bots are the most rage inducing thing about this game lmao

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

If you snap on me on turn 6, I will retreat. Don't be greedy at the last minute.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

My Second Re-Reg posted:

To me it's a big problem. How you play a match vs human vs bot is completely different. Yet as a player at the beginning of a match we are figuring out which we are playing against.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Joink posted:

To me it's a big problem. How you play a match vs human vs bot is completely different. Yet as a player at the beginning of a match we are figuring out which we are playing against.

If I get the sense I'm up against a bot in full Akira mode I'll just retreat around turn 3 or 4; losing a cube to ditch the game early and reroll for a "real match" is frankly a better investment of my time/sanity.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

My Second Re-Reg posted:

The fact the game has input reading bots that are disguised as normal players is ridiculous. The fact that players defend the practice is insane.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I just had what I believe to be a bot, play Scarlet Witch, and only Scarlet Witch, into a lane to change it to Bar With No Name. On turn 6. After my only single card was put there (Dino).

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Walla posted:

If you snap on me on turn 6, I will retreat. Don't be greedy at the last minute.

Snapping on turn 6 does make sense if you know for certain that the end result is a true coinflip. For example, "I need this white tiger to leap onto a certain lane". It can scare your opponent into retreat and turn the expected value of your gained cubes from zero to a positive number.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I've been trying to go for the 8+ kill combo, and it's just too hard to make the stars align 😔.

https://i.imgur.com/A06yEGb.mp4

Oh well, time to move onto a new deck

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

PJOmega posted:

The fact the game has input reading bots that are disguised as normal players is ridiculous. The fact that players defend the practice is insane.

Not just input reading, but omniscient. The bots know the outcome of any RNG when they make plays. Like where each Ironheart buff will land, what card Jubilee will pull, or...

Artelier posted:

I just had what I believe to be a bot, play Scarlet Witch, and only Scarlet Witch, into a lane to change it to Bar With No Name. On turn 6. After my only single card was put there (Dino).

What locations will turn into.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

^^^ I think it's worse than that. I think the cheatbots actively select the results of RNG. Their Korgs always put the Rock on top of your deck; their Thors always put Mjolnir on top of theirs.

PJOmega posted:

It's necessary to have bots to inject cubes into what is otherwise a zero-sum economy. What isn't necessary, and is in fact counterproductive to that goal, is to have cheating bots that appear when your MMR gets too high to stop you leveling too fast. Those bots do nothing but take cubes out of the economy - and incidentally, cockblock players from getting the rewards for higher ranks. What's especially bad is that they turn up in high enough numbers that good players at low ranks cannot level further at all; even after losing four or five matches in a row, winning a single match can bump your MMR back up high enough that you'll start losing again.

This game needs rank floors at 30 and 60 in addition to the existing ones at 10 and 100. Do that, and maybe you could even remove the bots.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jan 21, 2023

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
Isn't the entire point of bots to inject cubes into the ecosystem? Why would they be playing against people and making impossible plays just to beat up players, what would be the point in that

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

If your ladder system requires bots to function, then it is a failure. Start over and build something that works.

cinnamon rollout posted:

Isn't the entire point of bots to inject cubes into the ecosystem? Why would they be playing against people and making impossible plays just to beat up players, what would be the point in that

On balance, they still add a lot of cubes. Even the cheater bots are pretty stupid and not too hard to beat up. The issue is when one makes what looks like an impossible play. It leaves the player feeling cheated because, well, they were cheated.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jan 21, 2023

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

I've always felt like the bots are there to hide low player count in the future because using bots on the ladder to give people vibes does seem like the worst and least fun way to do it

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Walla posted:

But I snap on turn 6 to warn my fellow player! Let's climb this crazy ladder together.

As for bots and population, I have been wondering about that. We're 8 days into the current event, with 9 days left, and the EU server is at 64% health left. Not quite the result you want to see. Maybe they went with a harder balancing to see if they could push more engagement.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The events just suck in general. They're tucked out of the way and your individual contribution feels so tiny that there's no reason to do it. I usually only even remember to click on it every few days.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Just pulled Shanna the She-Devil.
No idea what to do with her.
I'm assuming she's supposed to pair with Kazar, but otherwise I can't think of a use for her.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

goferchan posted:

You know about the "show all variants" filter right? It's on by default but if you uncheck it only the ones you've marked as Favorite show up. You have to reenable it at relaunch though

Bolded is part of the issue, as is the red notification that's still there regardless.

I just want to banish variants I don't care about from all notifications.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

the_steve posted:

Just pulled Shanna the She-Devil.
No idea what to do with her.
I'm assuming she's supposed to pair with Kazar, but otherwise I can't think of a use for her.

Would pair nicely with ebony maw, basically used like a budget or alternative to Doom.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

BoldFace posted:

Snapping on turn 6 does make sense if you know for certain that the end result is a true coinflip. For example, "I need this white tiger to leap onto a certain lane". It can scare your opponent into retreat and turn the expected value of your gained cubes from zero to a positive number.

It's making me itchy for battle mode. Most of the time I'm happy to play out a game even if I'm losing, but when they snap on 6 I'm out. They would actually win more from me by not snapping at the last second.

cgeq posted:

But I snap on turn 6 to warn my fellow player! Let's climb this crazy ladder together.

But I don't care about climbing the ladder, I just want to play with new decks. I do care about keeping my current rank rewards next season though, since that will give me more cards to play with.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

My very last cache is coming up, and then I'll be in the reserves.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Tender Bender posted:

The events just suck in general. They're tucked out of the way and your individual contribution feels so tiny that there's no reason to do it. I usually only even remember to click on it every few days.

I would click the thing if it was active on the Windows client.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Does clash Royale and hearthstone use bots? Never heard of boys until playing this game or I guess I was naive

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
This game consciously uses bots to introduce cubes into an otherwise zero sum betting situation. So we see more bots.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Accidentally got logged out on my ipad and then clicked "sign in with apple" instead of "sign in with google" and it jumped right into the tutorials. Any way to skip them so I can log in correctly or should I just reinstall the game?

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

goferchan posted:

Accidentally got logged out on my ipad and then clicked "sign in with apple" instead of "sign in with google" and it jumped right into the tutorials. Any way to skip them so I can log in correctly or should I just reinstall the game?

I did this too and if I recall you only have to suffer through the first one or maybe two parts of the tutorial before you can get into the settings and log out to log back in with your actual account

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I started playing recently, I'm around collection level 100, and have been having fun. It feels like I've only been playing against bots so far though. They love to over commit to a lane that they're already winning. I wish there were more human players at my level so I can see if I'm improving at all.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I started playing recently, I'm around collection level 100, and have been having fun. It feels like I've only been playing against bots so far though. They love to over commit to a lane that they're already winning. I wish there were more human players at my level so I can see if I'm improving at all.

Just keep grinding. You'll see plenty of humans in about another 400 cl. :)

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

You start playing against humans around rank 30 IIRC. You'll know when it happens because you'll start losing 50% of your games instead of 10%.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Been messing around with this deck a little. I had Gamora in there, but I took her out for Scarlet Witch because there's too many locations that need to be changed.

# (1) The Hood
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Viper
# (3) Rogue
# (3) Kingpin
# (3) Polaris
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Professor X
# (6) Magneto
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWFnbmV0byJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFyZWRldmlsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQcm9mZXNzb3JYIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2luZ3BpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUm9ndWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhvYmdvYmxpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9vZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmlwZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlBvbGFyaXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5pZ2h0Y3Jhd2xlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NhcmxldFdpdGNoIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Setec_Astronomy posted:

You start playing against humans around rank 30 IIRC. You'll know when it happens because you'll start losing 50% of your games instead of 10%.

Idk if this is true outside of the first timean account plays. After season resets I've definitely seen humans sub rank 30.

For instance I had to report some accounts for their names being violent or racist.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Piggy Smalls posted:

Does clash Royale and hearthstone use bots? Never heard of boys until playing this game or I guess I was naive

Don't know about Clash, but Hearthstone has bonus stars up to a certain level (depending on your last season's rank). So you're effectively getting 2-10 "wins" per win at the start of each season.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Double post but I just finally pulled Electro and can play some ramp. Anyone have a list that doesn't use Galactus?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

If you send Electro over with Viper does his ongoing trigger for your opponent?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Walla posted:

If you send Electro over with Viper does his ongoing trigger for your opponent?

Yes. It’s dastardly.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Devo posted:

Double post but I just finally pulled Electro and can play some ramp. Anyone have a list that doesn't use Galactus?

quote:

# (1) Sunspot
# (2) Psylocke
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Armor
# (3) Electro
# (3) Wave
# (5) Captain Marvel
# (5) Aero
# (6) Leader
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Odin
# (6) Magneto
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRWxlY3RybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV2F2ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGVhZGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEckRvb20ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9kaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ25ldG8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFlcm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcHRhaW5NYXJ2ZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlBzeWxvY2tlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTY29ycGlvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJtb3IifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

The specific big cards are really up to collection and taste.

The main thing is Wave lets you go 6-5-6 where Electro enables 5-6-6. You almost never play Psylocke but she can rescue a moment that the other two don’t appear and go ugh-6-6 or 5-5-6.

Doom and Captain Marvel to deal with the various “can’t play here” locations but Vision would be good or even Ultron. Sunspot for if you have to skip a turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

JackDarko posted:

Yes. It’s dastardly.

Now I'm glad I have Viper in my current deck in case someone tries it on me.