Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The sky was blue and dotted with lustrous clouds. The bustling cacophony of thousands of conversations echoed through the streets. Impatient children wailed to their parents. There was clattering everywhere. Everywhere except in Joe's mind as he walked up the grassy knoll. "An honest day's work for an honest day's pay" is what Joe's father, Joe The Plumber, had said to him back in Hazleton, Pennsylvania. Oh, they'd pay, Joe thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021

more falafel please posted:

it's all about the positions he doesn't play

Add another appreciation quote to the pile.

So good.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

The sky was blue and dotted with lustrous clouds. The bustling cacophony of thousands of conversations echoed through the streets. Impatient children wailed to their parents. There was clattering everywhere. Everywhere except in Joe's mind as he walked up the grassy knoll. "An honest day's work for an honest day's pay" is what Joe's father, Joe The Plumber, had said to him back in Hazleton, Pennsylvania. Oh, they'd pay, Joe thought.

lmao

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

how are you so good at this

Death Vomit Wizard
May 8, 2006
Bottom Feeder
I bought tickets to see Yoenis Céspedes and Jurickson Profar in the Cuba Netherlands WBC game and I'm so pumped

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://twitter.com/ScottyMitchTSN/status/1616800105431973888?s=20&t=O-F-Ah-9S5QOr72YHaVe4A

I'm a bit confused. Wasn't the new bigger outfield the supposed justification of turning Hernandez and Gurriel into Varsho and Kiermeier?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Arent ballparks required to have the OF fence at least 400 feet in one spot?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Arent ballparks required to have the OF fence at least 400 feet in one spot?

From the MLB rulebook:

A bunch of boring stiffs posted:

The rulebook states that parks constructed by professional teams after June 1, 1958, must have a minimum distance of 325 feet between home plate and the nearest fence, stand or other obstruction on the right- and left-field foul lines, and 400 feet between home plate and the nearest fence, stand or other obstruction in center field. However, some clubs have been permitted to construct parks after that date with dimensions shorter than those specified.

They can make it shorter if they request to and since it's 3 feet I doubt MLB objects much.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Death Vomit Wizard posted:

I bought tickets to see Yoenis Céspedes and Jurickson Profar in the Cuba Netherlands WBC game and I'm so pumped

Hell yea have fun!!!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hell yeah you also get to see Robert in one of the 28 healthy games he will play in this year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Hand Knit posted:

https://twitter.com/ScottyMitchTSN/status/1616800105431973888?s=20&t=O-F-Ah-9S5QOr72YHaVe4A

I'm a bit confused. Wasn't the new bigger outfield the supposed justification of turning Hernandez and Gurriel into Varsho and Kiermeier?

Little league.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

The walls are gonna be like 15 feet high now so this being more hitter friendly isn't necessarily true

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Chandler_Rome/status/1616850271124197376

1.Altuve
2.Brantley
3.Bregman
4.Yordan
5.Tucker
6.Abreu
7.Pena
:hmmyes:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

pissdrinker357

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Yeah that dude just wants to jerk off to feet

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

It's funny how they write 1000 words to try to hide something and it's obvious as soon as the word "pictures" is written. That and the user name lol

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

The walls are gonna be like 15 feet high now so this being more hitter friendly isn't necessarily true

Yeah but a tiny outfield with high walls still means less territory that the outfielder has to cover, which lessens the value of the defence-first guys.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Yeah that dude just wants to jerk off to feet
nonono you misunderstand!

Pissdrinker357 posted:

I’m a sports science major and I need this for research

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
MLB Offseason: i need foot pics for sports science

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

bawfuls posted:

nonono you misunderstand!

Feet and piss? Poster would fit right in over in cspam.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Cooperstown upping security at all the cleat displays

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Imagining the What Pros Wear guys but they only ask players about their shoes/socks.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/baseballinpix/status/1616526105489408001

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Mo was just being weird I guess

https://twitter.com/madmaxdial/status/1616796941987217410

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

He's a weird fundy guy. I'm sure it had something to do with that.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Going to Spring Training this year! Thank you Biden for the refund.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Brrrmph posted:

No, Joe! Don’t do it!

Wrong Joe, you're thinking of Joe "Jolly" West

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

Yeah but a tiny outfield with high walls still means less territory that the outfielder has to cover, which lessens the value of the defence-first guys.

Ya this is definitely true.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

rickiep00h posted:

Thread title?

aww poo poo friends this is my first thread title

not gonna lie I was pretty pleased with myself

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021

more falafel please posted:

aww poo poo friends this is my first thread title

not gonna lie I was pretty pleased with myself

Woo hoo! Grats on the thread title. It's a good'un!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I just realized I will likely be in LA for Yankees Dodgers.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Whatup baseball goons, I started a new OOTP "Make a Player" LP over in the LP subforum if any of my bored offseason folks wanna give it ago!

If you're not familiar, you just make a player and I let the OOTP gods randomize their stats, and sim the game and compare the shenanigans of goons as they play, grow, fail, succeed, retire, and maybe even poorly manage in the MLB.

It was a fun offseason activity back in 2016, and now is your chance for redemption if your dude fizzled last time. We had only one goon make it into the Hall of Fame, and a reliever no less, and we'll see if anyone else makes it this time! I'll also never forget the universal non-DH league :911:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

mcmagic posted:

I just realized I will likely be in LA for Yankees Dodgers.

first off, bummer on potentially having to be in LA, second what are all the other LA area people doing? we could have the absolute worst goon meet for a game, or just all sit in different places and not interact with each other and argue online

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbHGgjJp6ng

Hmm thinking about going out for the majors...

Interesting video in kind of an annoying style, but it's cool to hear a current player discuss the perks. I didn't realize service time was calculated by the day. Also if you get 8 years you get an honest to god gold card that lets you walk up to the ticket booth on game day and get 2 of the best tickets still available to any MLB regular season game.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

zoux posted:

Interesting video in kind of an annoying style, but it's cool to hear a current player discuss the perks. I didn't realize service time was calculated by the day. Also if you get 8 years you get an honest to god gold card that lets you walk up to the ticket booth on game day and get 2 of the best tickets still available to any MLB regular season game.

I'm over 1/3 of the way to mine. GIMME

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Poque posted:

I'm over 1/3 of the way to mine. GIMME

:hmmyes:

It's only 8 years in the MLB for a player to get a golden ticket, but it's 25 for front office employees.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
That's a really cool thing and the kind of perk you see all too rarely in the modern day.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Next CBA is going to change it to only Marlins games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Redeye Flight posted:

That's a really cool thing and the kind of perk you see all too rarely in the modern day.

It came up in the discussion of what you'd do with a milestone HR ball (Pujols's 700th or Judge's 62nd) and now it's definitely the one thing I'd ask for if I ever found myself in a position of leverage over MLB or a team. Gimme that golden ticket.