Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

doingitwrong posted:

The specific big cards are really up to collection and taste.

The main thing is Wave lets you go 6-5-6 where Electro enables 5-6-6. You almost never play Psylocke but she can rescue a moment that the other two don’t appear and go ugh-6-6 or 5-5-6.

Doom and Captain Marvel to deal with the various “can’t play here” locations but Vision would be good or even Ultron. Sunspot for if you have to skip a turn.

Thanks, I'll play around with this (no Psylocke or Aero). I kind of like the Viper idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I love Viper so much because they don’t expect her. They often Armor in my Hood lane.

I wish I had Sentry or that there were more cards I wanted to donate.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Pulled off an Electro-Viper in the very first game into a Death-Wave. Fun times.

There is a visual bug where your hand is electrified even after you donate the Electro.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Devo posted:

Pulled off an Electro-Viper in the very first game into a Death-Wave. Fun times.

There is a visual bug where your hand is electrified even after you donate the Electro.

The same thing happens if Sandman is silenced, so be wary.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

doingitwrong posted:

This game consciously uses bots to introduce cubes into an otherwise zero sum betting situation. So we see more bots.

Then why omniscient, prescient bots that cannot be beaten turn 6, only forced to retreat on five for 2 cubes?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Just had a match where I used Zabu to have 6 omega reds in the board. In my head he’s still a marvel vs Capcom 2 character so I like using hm

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
does anyone elses cards keep getting unpinned from the shop randomly, I'm certain I'm not doing it myself and I've lost both my chance at Death and Rockslide now because of it :(

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Tiger Millionaire posted:

does anyone elses cards keep getting unpinned from the shop randomly, I'm certain I'm not doing it myself and I've lost both my chance at Death and Rockslide now because of it :(
It is a bug with leaving the menu on windows client, I think hitting escape causes it to clear the pin and change to the main screen.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
Turn 5 Hobgoblin on Bar Sinister is pretty great, and I think as long as you flip first, it can't backfire by the other player filling their side first.

I got stuck with one Hobgoblin vs the four that went over the line, that gave me room for 3x Turn-6 Spectrums to tie up the middle lane.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Walla posted:

If you send Electro over with Viper does his ongoing trigger for your opponent?

You can also do this with Oscorp Tower. Pretty fun.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

That Magneto deck I posted earlier doesn't win a lot, but it does force many retreats. Especially if they White Queen and I'm holding Hobgoblin and Daredevil is down. :D

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

h_double posted:

Turn 5 Hobgoblin on Bar Sinister is pretty great, and I think as long as you flip first, it can't backfire by the other player filling their side first.

I got stuck with one Hobgoblin vs the four that went over the line, that gave me room for 3x Turn-6 Spectrums to tie up the middle lane.

Not playing anything turn six was a bigger flex

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Artelier posted:

I just had what I believe to be a bot, play Scarlet Witch, and only Scarlet Witch, into a lane to change it to Bar With No Name. On turn 6. After my only single card was put there (Dino).

That sounds like a prescient bot, all right.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Man, I exclusively am running into Sera Surfer decks now and I really wish I had Brood because that seems to be a fairly necessary card to play with it.

Edit: Just realized I have been playing for a half hour and haven't finished my "Win twice" daily mission.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

PJOmega posted:

Then why omniscient, prescient bots that cannot be beaten turn 6, only forced to retreat on five for 2 cubes?

Do bots ever retreat? I thought they didn’t?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah brood is more important than sera in surfer decks.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bottom Liner posted:

Hell, it wouldn't be wrong to have Moon Girl for 2 Broods. Or 2 Surfers.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

This one snapped on me turn 4 when he dropped double Green Goblins on me. Little did he know my Cable stole his Spiderman. :D

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

doingitwrong posted:

Do bots ever retreat? I thought they didn’t?

Bots can retreat, yeah.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Hit my goal for the season: 80. :toot:

I think this deck is identical to what I posted earlier.

quote:

# (1) The Hood
# (2) Angela
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Viper
# (3) Zabu
# (4) Absorbing Man
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Spider-Man
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) Drax
# (6) She-Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyYXgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlZpcGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FybmFnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hlSHVsayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9vbkdpcmwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikhvb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFuZ2VsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWJzb3JiaW5nTWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcGlkZXJNYW4ifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I really like this deck and this style of play. I’ve never enjoyed playing surfer even though I know it’s powerful because it’s not very interactive. Surfer seems to just be about knowing howmuch power you can pump out and have a good idea of what they can do.

This deck is extremely interactive since most of the best interactive cards cost 4 and Zabu allows you to play a lot of them. All at once.

Moon Girl has been amazing for setting up a lot of unexpected double plays in all kinds of situations. Even without Zabu, Moon Girl into skip 5 into 2x She Hulk + a 4 or even Moon Girl on 5 into Double Demon + a 4 is pretty good. A big trick I’ve had to learn is hand management so that I get 2 of the good cards. Sometimes the correct play is throwing something away alongside Moon Girl to put the good stuff to the front of the line. One trick I’ve learned is you can throw away Enchantress or Shang Chi but if Absorbing Man is in hand you can still get their effect next turn if you order plays correctly.

I’ve also had to get better at knowing when to skip 5 so I can fall behind so that Enchantress or Shang Chi hits on 6 once opponent’s revealed. This has become a great way to surprise kill various Surfer beneficiaries.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I guess it was only a matter of time since I had less than 10 series 3 cards left, but I unlocked Electro and Sera back to back.

I can ramp! I can finally loving ramp!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Hmm, might buy Patriot since he's in my store and I gots this Ultron.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
This is where I’d put my absorbing man. If I had one.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

kaschei posted:

Not playing anything turn six was a bigger flex

?? Not sure what you mean. I played Spectrum on T6, other player Dr Doom'd.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

The prescient bots will retreat if they've got no winning play. What's even more annoying is they have an artificial delay of about half a turn.

So you're getting roped by an algorithm.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

h_double posted:

?? Not sure what you mean. I played Spectrum on T6, other player Dr Doom'd.

You would have still won if you played nothing. You gave 6 power to Armor, but Sun would have gained 6 from a full pass as well.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm trying to make this work but it's not very consistent. It's basically a Sera control deck with a Lady Sif + Ghost Rider discard combo. Beast is just there for fun, but I should probably put Angela back in. Any advice?

# (1) Nova
# (2) Beast
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Lady Sif
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Sera
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NhcmxldFdpdGNoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VudGluZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxhZHlTaWYifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikdob3N0UmlkZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5vdmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkluZmluYXV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmVhc3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJpc2hvcCJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Walla posted:

I'm trying to make this work but it's not very consistent. It's basically a Sera control deck with a Lady Sif + Ghost Rider discard combo. Beast is just there for fun, but I should probably put Angela back in. Any advice?

# (1) Nova
# (2) Beast
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Lady Sif
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Sera
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NhcmxldFdpdGNoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VudGluZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxhZHlTaWYifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikdob3N0UmlkZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5vdmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkluZmluYXV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmVhc3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJpc2hvcCJ9XX0=
#

I tried making a list like this. It only really got consistent-feeling when I put in Wave (for early Sera) and Lockjaw (for backup).

It was still kinda janky, but it was a lot more fun, then.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Walla posted:

# (1) Nova
# (2) Beast
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Lady Sif
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Sera
# (6) The Infinaut
#
#
I think these days these kinds of decks should add zabu, cut sera. Boring answer but in any case three four drops = add zabu.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Quackles posted:

I tried making a list like this. It only really got consistent-feeling when I put in Wave (for early Sera) and Lockjaw (for backup).

It was still kinda janky, but it was a lot more fun, then.

I don't have Wave. drat.

I've got a similar list with a Bucky + Carnage combo that works a little better.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I'm mid pool 3 and I'm really enjoying the destroy deck. It's simple but still able to buff some very good combs if the stars align.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

No Wave posted:

I think these days these kinds of decks should add zabu, cut sera. Boring answer but in any case three four drops = add zabu.

I could, but 2 of those are tech cards that don't always need to be played. Maybe I'll try it and put in another 4 drop, probably Rescue.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

That combo relies on 3 specific cards with no backup. If you want to do something like cheat out big cards, you need to go all in. Jubilee, Lockjaw, Wave, more than one big 6 drop, Dracula to double up, etc.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Push El Burrito posted:

Hmm, might buy Patriot since he's in my store and I gots this Ultron.
Patriot is very useful yeah, I have him in a few decks

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
PatriUltron is S tier for "win a lane with 4 units".

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

No Wave posted:

PatriUltron is S tier for "win a lane with 4 units".
Yeah I have one of those and then also a PatriotSurfer

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

Bottom Liner posted:

You would have still won if you played nothing. You gave 6 power to Armor, but Sun would have gained 6 from a full pass as well.

Ah true, good catch. :cool:

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Walla posted:

I think with the Sif / Ghost Rider combo you want to commit a bit more to the bit since if you don’t have all the cards in the right order, then they are just kind of bad. Maybe Dracula for when you miss Sif or Rider?

Bishop seems kind of weak? How big does he typically get?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bottom Liner posted:

That combo relies on 3 specific cards with no backup. If you want to do something like cheat out big cards, you need to go all in. Jubilee, Lockjaw, Wave, more than one big 6 drop, Dracula to double up, etc.

Yeah, just trying to get it to work. I used to have a list similar to this that did okay, but I recently remade the majority of my decks. I'm not sure if I want Dracula here since he's only consistent in a dump deck and I have 1 of those, and I don't have Lockjaw or Wave. Jubilee is a decent idea.

doingitwrong posted:

I think with the Sif / Ghost Rider combo you want to commit a bit more to the bit since if you don’t have all the cards in the right order, then they are just kind of bad. Maybe Dracula for when you miss Sif or Rider?

Bishop seems kind of weak? How big does he typically get?

Bishop is pretty weak here without Sera. Either I need her here as well or I just need to replace Bishop with Wolfsbane. I can usually get Bishop to around 4 or so.

Here's the current deck:

# (1) Ant Man
# (2) Medusa
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Zabu
# (3) Lady Sif
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Rescue
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NhcmxldFdpdGNoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VudGluZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxhZHlTaWYifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikdob3N0UmlkZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkluZmluYXV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmlzaG9wIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJaYWJ1In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJSZXNjdWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFudE1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWVkdXNhIn1dfQ==
#

I put in Ant Man and Medusa because it felt a little top heavy with all of the 3 and 4 drops. If I replace Bishop with Wolfsbane I could just make the middle an Ant-Medusa-Wolf lane.

Maybe I should just look at my old posts to see if I have the old deck in here, but I'm trying to move away from netdecking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I’m getting bored with the sera surfer decks, movement hasn’t had new cards for that in ages, and I don’t have hela yet to make a discard deck worthwhile. Need a good option that has red skull and/or mysterio as they’re my newest cards.