Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/thefourthperiod/status/1616889135608004610?s=46&t=DeWUNdQ0UiPOoH1cx03P7g

This is so wild lol, just fire him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

T-Bone posted:

Honestly I'd rather have Garland.

Boeser is a sad one for me, I was really high on him after that rookie year (I guess most everyone was), he looked like a sure bet to pop in 30 a year on Pete's wing, and he just...never took that next step. And now he seems to be going backwards fast at 25.

Boeser was never the same after the back injury he received at the end of his rookie season. His shot was drastically worse afterwards. Boeser still has decent offensive instincts, but he's a middle of the road skater and playmaker otherwise.

Also he constantly gets injured.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

grack posted:

Boeser was never the same after the back injury he received at the end of his rookie season. His shot was drastically worse afterwards. Boeser still has decent offensive instincts, but he's a middle of the road skater and playmaker otherwise.

Also he constantly gets injured.

Wow, he sounds like a Pittsburgh Penguin already.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Welp. Sabres are back within 4 points of a playoff spot. No games in hand this time.

The 1st and 2nd line have gone pretty cold the last 10 games. 3rd line has gotten hot.

I'm hoping Tage awakens from his slumber soon.

Would be a pretty good team with more consistent play out of the top 3 lines.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Well hopefully the Oilers kick the poo poo out of the Canucks tonight as punishment.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T-Bone posted:

Honestly I'd rather have Garland.

You can also have him for free

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Surreal to see this go down this way :rubby:

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

If you need 5 on 5 help, Garlands a good choice. Recently as last season he was putting up strong numbers, but doesn’t really move the needle on either special team. Not sure how many contending teams have 5 mill in cap tho.

Kuzmenko should be the most valuable asset though, simply as he’s still on his ELC and can fit into anyone’s cap maths.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/passittobulis/status/1616945918049419264?t=kKcjwGC-67tPXN3I1GGLsg&s=19

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

God drat it Habs. Welcome to Rem Pitlick, newest first liner.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Well hopefully the Oilers kick the poo poo out of the Canucks tonight as punishment.

no no, the Canucks should play their most complete game kicking the poo poo out of Edmonton tonight for Bruce and then completely poo poo the bed against Tocchet’s first opponent… Chicago on Tuesday

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Yeah but he was an assistant coach for the Penguins on their cup winning teams so JR knows him and that's all that matters

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
It is completely absurd that Arizona traded away Conor Timmins for an AHL player. At least when the Avs traded him away they got what became their cup-winning goalie in return and that's a trade any GM would make, but what the hell was Arizona thinking

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

fermun posted:

It is completely absurd that Arizona traded away Conor Timmins for an AHL player. At least when the Avs traded him away they got what became their cup-winning goalie in return and that's a trade any GM would make, but what the hell was Arizona thinking

Curtis Douglas is 6'9". Can't teach that.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

th3t00t posted:

Welp. Sabres are back within 4 points of a playoff spot. No games in hand this time.

The 1st and 2nd line have gone pretty cold the last 10 games. 3rd line has gotten hot.

I'm hoping Tage awakens from his slumber soon.

They still have three games in hand on Washington and play them two more times, but Washington would have to decline hard to drop out tbh. The Sabres proved on Thursday that they could play a complete game, if they played that way against lesser teams with bad goalies they could win every night.

Idk what happened to the Sabres’ Power Play but it got terrible again. They scored today against the Ducks but the Ducks are pathetic. Maybe putting all their eggs in one basket would be a mistake, but if they moved Olofsson to the first PP unit and Cozens to PP2, it could make the first unit harder to read. The it wouldn’t just be Dahlin feeding Tage one-timers, he could also feed one to Olofsson if he’s left too open. But then PP2 might suck, so who knows.

Tage has been pretty bad the past seven games, he had that sick goal vs Chicago and a few assists but not much else going for him. Gotta wonder what happened there!

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

fermun posted:

I think he was perpetually broken in Arizona, somehow even more than he was in Colorado.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Bard Maddox posted:

no no, the Canucks should play their most complete game kicking the poo poo out of Edmonton tonight for Bruce and then completely poo poo the bed against Tocchet’s first opponent… Chicago on Tuesday

Amusing now that the story line is if the Canucks win it’s the players for Bruce, if they lose it’s the players having checked out because of the org’s dirty laundry being aired.

The org can’t win (deservedly so).

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/sekeresandprice/status/1616978090315649025?s=20&t=gQYKVyRp7iByF1P3ORp7bQ

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
I don’t care for the Canucks in general, but this is just cruel and completely undeserving of a pro hockey team. I want to dislike a team befitting my dislike, not a dumpster fire. Just like no one can hate Arizona, they just feel sorry for them.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

th3t00t posted:

Most would, yes.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bruce will probably come back to DC and join the Caps pregame and postgame shows again.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
hiring gonchar would be sick

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

The Canucks problems are primarily not coaching, but the exception to that might be the PK, as I’d like to think even a well coached AHL PK unit would be above 65%.. so if either of them have run a great pk unit then great. If not.. meh.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

MononcQc posted:

God drat it Habs. Welcome to Rem Pitlick, newest first liner.

well he scored the OT winner and the Habs with 8 forwards missing beats Toronto anyway?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lol leafs

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

MononcQc posted:

well he scored the OT winner and the Habs with 8 forwards missing beats Toronto anyway?

Producing like a first liner!

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Hopefully Adam Foote can bring the kind of one-on-one personal coaching that has made his kids successful in the NHL.

Sorry for the sarcasm

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Obviously can’t win the majority of games you enter the 3rd period trailing, but lol

https://twitter.com/senscentral/status/1616986615804751872?s=46&t=ziGKQS_wJvLzDMunCujHDA

Get a new owner so you can fire this jabroni already

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Dirty Burger posted:

Obviously can’t win the majority of games you enter the 3rd period trailing, but lol

https://twitter.com/senscentral/status/1616986615804751872?s=46&t=ziGKQS_wJvLzDMunCujHDA

Get a new owner so you can fire this jabroni already

Hire Bruce

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Chad Sexington posted:

Most would, yes.

Each line has been hot at some point this season but almost never at the same time. I think they were firing on all cylinders for a couple of weeks in December.

With their win today they’re 5-5-1 in January so far which is not great! They have a tough road trip coming up against Dallas, St Louis, Winnipeg and Minnesota. They could still salvage this lovely month by going 9-5-1!

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

what a stupid team, what a stupid sport

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/tommykippes2/status/1617036103667834880

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Well I'm glad just how thoughtless and cruel our ownership and management is was revealed on national television. No hiding behind anything now. Just a putrid organization from top to bottom.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

ThinkTank posted:

Well I'm glad just how thoughtless and cruel our ownership and management is was revealed on national television. No hiding behind anything now. Just a putrid organization from top to bottom.

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1617050503611052034?s=46&t=0FvhbqYzoJdSmq41gQsiRg

Insane way to run a team

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1617034983025119233?s=20&t=nz2TFXLbyfOo7zex0XmpJg

The maniacs actually managed to make an era darker than the Messier years. Rock bottom, there it is.

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jan 22, 2023

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I hope Elias and Hughes demand trades

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

They even brought back the skate as a regular jersey to try and make people happy and no one cares. Instead it'll be forever associated with a the video of a guy the fans love openly crying on the bench because of how badly he was treated by his bosses.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Chad Sexington posted:

Most would, yes.
I know that it was an obvious thing to say.

But it's the first time this has been true for the Sabres in a decade +. Being part of the middle of the pack, even if we're at the back of the middle, is an exciting change for us.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

They even brought back the skate as a regular jersey to try and make people happy and no one cares. Instead it'll be forever associated with a the video of a guy the fans love openly crying on the bench because of how badly he was treated by his bosses.

I am not a sports team owner but going from a beloved player coach to a notorious hard-rear end guaranteed to be less successful on a team full of already disgruntled players seems like it's not going to be a wise move

but I am interested to see how it plays out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

ThinkTank posted:

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1617034983025119233?s=20&t=nz2TFXLbyfOo7zex0XmpJg

The maniacs actually managed to make an era darker than the Messier years. Rock bottom, there it is.

gently caress me thats brutal and amazing. A+ job by the fans there.