Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

hatty posted:

Better than the Bear.

Mascot power ranking
Aigis>>>Morgana>>>>>Teddie

Koromaru>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Aigis>>>Morgana>>>>>Teddie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

hatty posted:

Aigis has cool gun hands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UlE9PS2oEI

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i think i hosed up the werewolf skip on my new BB character

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

verbal enema posted:

i think i hosed up the werewolf skip on my new BB character

screaming rn

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Barbie Boutique is a lot different from how I remember it.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I need to get back to Bloodborne at some point. I never actually beat it and I haven't played since the Old Hunters came out.

Jesus, that was a bit over 7 years ago.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what comes after werewolf that's good enough to warrant skipping right to it

is it therewolf

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Hwurmp posted:

what comes after werewolf that's good enough to warrant skipping right to it

is it therewolf

sequence breaking and stuff i wouldnt be able to get until later

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Teddie went Bearzerk and I laughed at it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Teddie is fail.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

hatty posted:

Better than the Bear.

Mascot power ranking
Aigis>>>Morgana>>>>>Teddie

Yeah teddie loving sucks

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Bought all the devil may cry games on steam, only played the first one back in the day so looking forward to having a lot of character action to mash my way through

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

big fan of the Fire Emblem Engage battle preparation theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiWUt_y4TLQ

Radiant Dawn was the first FE I played and I just got Micaiah's emblem ring so the game is officially good

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Bought all the devil may cry games on steam, only played the first one back in the day so looking forward to having a lot of character action to mash my way through

Should have got them on switch, switch DMC3 has the style switch system from 4 and 5

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

wuggles posted:

Morgana is on the short list of tattoos I would get

Let’s get matching tattoos

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Let’s get matching tattoos

:thunk:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/NintenDaan/status/1616988999419035648?s=20&t=HJxGqdWF5_U2lb3qRF4abg

Oh man it's even worse than the trailer

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Forspoken is a PS+ game waiting to happen

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I swear I've heard dialog like "that is something I do now" half a dozen times in fantasy/superhero stuff in the past five years, and it's not something anyone would say. It's the type of language that appears in comment sections a lot, maybe in reference to some Internet video of a predator like a shark doing something terrifyingly clever, but it's not anyone would actually say when meeting said shark because they'd be more preoccupied with said shark.

oh now I remember where

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/they-fly-now

No one interrupts people that much, either, they do it more than in movies most of the time, because you want to be able to understand what the characters are saying, but when movies and video games do it on purpose like this, it sounds fake.

I wouldn't be that expressive if someone told me I won the lottery, either, I'd just say "wow, this is great and solves a lot of my problems" but maybe that's just me, because I'd be turning my attention real soon to how to use it to solve those problems. Real people are more focused on what to do next and survival strategy than meta like that, and this kind of writing is all about the meta

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 23, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Critic reviews for Forspoken drop tomorrow morning, so i'll see how those pan out, but I see myself just waiting until the game is really cheap. I'll at least absolutely be buying Dead Space Remake on release day though.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Forspoken seems like a cool concept that's going to be held back by sloppy writing

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Forspoken seems like a cool concept that's going to be held back by sloppy writing

i got the demo because i really like the environments at least, but it's a full action rpg on the FFXV engine, which means the writing is only the start of its problems

you feel like the air is made of treacle trying to move around

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 23, 2023

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

They seem really into triangles for their aesthetic for some reason

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Critic reviews for Forspoken drop tomorrow morning, so i'll see how those pan out, but I see myself just waiting until the game is really cheap. I'll at least absolutely be buying Dead Space Remake on release day though.

DS1R is the only real game on my radar for a while now aside from wo long, which is a shame, although it does look pretty loving dope at least

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Nier ending B I loving knew there wasn't anybody on the moon.

Also ending T. Doing the credits super fast is fun, but I feel like it would have been much better if they had played the credits in their full. Ideally unskippable.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Recoiling from this like a vampire from a crucifix

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Forspoken is a PS+ game waiting to happen

https://twitter.com/b0tster/status/1617197448551620608

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

presumably that's just in cutscenes, right? She doesn't have incidental dialogue?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Gripweed posted:

presumably that's just in cutscenes, right? She doesn't have incidental dialogue?

There's a verbosity option in the menu for barks during gameplay

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Evil tristrat portraits (cont.)

I’m very happy with how extraordinarily xp gains scale. Like most srpgs your guys only gain xp when they perform an action, but if they’re below the map’s “recommended” level they’ll gain substantially more than the regular 10% of a level for each action (the opposite is true if you’re above the recommended level). Like, at least 50% more for being one level beneath the recommendation, up to 1000% more if you’re far below it (basically a level up every action)

So this goes a long way towards a common srpg issue I’ve always had, the “ok well might as well throw a rock at my ally’s head, for the xp” problem. It’s still KINDA there, since you still only get xp from performing actions, but ending a turn without doing anything no longer always feels like a missed opportunity.

Now, whether or not the game needed xp at all is a different question

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Gripweed posted:

Nier ending B I loving knew there wasn't anybody on the moon.

Also ending T. Doing the credits super fast is fun, but I feel like it would have been much better if they had played the credits in their full. Ideally unskippable.

Route C is when the story kicks it up a notch, I love a late title card

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the art in tristrat is so good

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

you're legally not allowed to call yourself an SRPG if you don't have EXP in your game. them's the rules

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i was not aware Tristrat takes place in an Evil Vizier Convention

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

it’s a story of three countries: the evil viziers, the evil merchants, and the evil Sephiroths

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Clearly if you have a moustache you're evil

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
three houses, all alike in dickery

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
If I can’t stand the anime amounts in fire emblem three houses, should I bother with triangle strategy?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
define "anime"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In about 15 hours the only real anime trope I’ve experienced is a cutscene where two Powerful Warriors were fighting and they each did a move that involved jumping up in the sky and powering up their attack