Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Dave's not gonna top doing a tiny wave and peacing out as an exit. It's perfect as it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

dromal phrenia posted:

Wouldn't Roman have stayed doublechamp anyway? Or is the belief that they were going to have him drop the title(s) to Dwayne?

Drop to Dwayne? No. He'd go over him to prove once and for all that Roman Reigns is the greatest of all time.

I'm honestly surprised they haven't figured out ways for Roman to beat Bret Hart and Hulk Hogan too.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

MancXVI posted:

Hey remember when Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel was working on a Vince episode

Remember when Dark Side of The Ring was still around?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

dromal phrenia posted:

Wouldn't Roman have stayed doublechamp anyway? Or is the belief that they were going to have him drop the title(s) to Dwayne?

no but I assumed they wanted him to still be champ while beating Rock

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Anyone have the gif of the most recent time Austin stunnered Vince?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Starting to think The Fed doesn’t have a lot of faith in the Rollercodester. Sad

Cody enters the Rumble and immediately gets tossed, setting a new record of some made up number like 1.69 seconds.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Armitage posted:

Cody enters the Rumble and immediately gets tossed, setting a new record of some made up number like 1.69 seconds.

I'd LOVE it, Paul would be booker of the year

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Jiro posted:

Remember when Dark Side of The Ring was still around?

According to Jim Cornette they’re filming a new season

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Davros1 posted:

Drop to Dwayne? No. He'd go over him to prove once and for all that Roman Reigns is the greatest of all time.

I'm honestly surprised they haven't figured out ways for Roman to beat Bret Hart and Hulk Hogan too.

Hogan will be at RAW so maybe they can pitch him a Roman match then

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If they go with Stone Cold over Cody or Sami to headline WrestleMania, Roman's gonna break Bruno Sammartino's record. They're just gonna keep holding off for the Rock until they can make that happen and use part-time legends to fill the gaps if he doesn't come through.

39: Stone Cold
40: The Undertaker
41: Triple H
42: Brock Lesnar, it's been a while since we've done this one
43: John Cena, it's been a while since we've done this one
44: Daniel Bryan (Title vs. Career, squash match)
45: Randy Orton coming back from a few years of injury retirement
46: "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt (first match since being re-hired in 2028)

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Anyone have the gif of the most recent time Austin stunnered Vince?

https://i.imgur.com/ki18ngh.mp4

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

xbilkis posted:

If they go with Stone Cold over Cody or Sami to headline WrestleMania, Roman's gonna break Bruno Sammartino's record. They're just gonna keep holding off for the Rock until they can make that happen and use part-time legends to fill the gaps if he doesn't come through.

39: Stone Cold
40: The Undertaker
41: Triple H
42: Brock Lesnar, it's been a while since we've done this one
43: John Cena, it's been a while since we've done this one
44: Daniel Bryan (Title vs. Career, squash match)
45: Randy Orton coming back from a few years of injury retirement
46: "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt (first match since being re-hired in 2028)

could be Vince for 39. I've had this feeling since he got himself involved again that he's somehow booking himself to win the Royal Rumble.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
If it's Roman and Cody I truly don't see a universe (even the Codyverse) where Cody wins.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Cody will shoot.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Thank you penguin friend.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I don't know how you gently caress this up so badly. Cody is white meat babyface material after beating Seth in HIAC with a broken freakin pec! His whole motivation is wanting to hold the title that his father never had. If you can't get that over, I don't know what will...

To put the cherry on top of the Wrestlemania poo poo sunday, you don't even need Cody to end the Universal Championship streak. He just needs to challenge for the one title he wants, and it doesn't feel like he's not challenging for both because of dumb reasons. You then logically break up the titles, Cody is the champ on Raw, Roman is the Champ on Smackdown with his at 945 days into his reign.

55 more days takes the guy to 1,000 days on Saturday, May 27, 2023. That Friday Smackdown you build to some huge title match where you basically see if Roman is going to hit 1,000 days as champion to create some intrigue. Maybe they somehow get an overrun to cut into Live Rampage because it's DoN weekend

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I haven’t watched WWE even once for like three years but when it comes to obvious layups the WWE should go with but won’t, Cody is the man in the meme talking very fast while Sami Zayn is slow moving greyscaled images

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

Astro7x posted:

I don't know how you gently caress this up so badly. Cody is white meat babyface material after beating Seth in HIAC with a broken freakin pec! His whole motivation is wanting to hold the title that his father never had. If you can't get that over, I don't know what will...

This has been said one million times but they really have no idea how to create stars anymore. When they made Austin and Rock they used the young talent they had to get them over at huge stars. Vince outright refused to use old talent at that point in time, getting rid of all the stars that led to WCW having its moment. Now they have nothing but old stars to make their events seem big. Begging Austin to come back again. Hoping Rock can make time in his schedule for a match. Outside of that, they don't have anything and they've been building Roman up for seemingly nothing. This could be Cody's moment but I just don't see them pulling that trigger.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I hope WWE eliminates Cody from the rumble right away because watching them do really dumb things is the only way I can enjoy their shows these days

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

With just over a day to go (January 24th, midnight Eastern), I'm making a final push for any last Top Ten lists for the Punch Sport Pagoda Top Ten Favorite Active Wrestlers of 2022 Thread. If you haven't already submitted a Top Ten, please do!

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Needs the audio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNQPpnwO8wg

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

- Tribal Court for the Trial of Sami Zayn

- Tag Titles: Usos vs. Judgment Day

- LA Knight In Ring Promo

- Steel Cage: Becky Lynch vs. Bayley

- Seth Rollins & Street Profits vs. Imperium

- Charlotte Flair In-Ring promo

- Bianca Belair vs. Sonya Deville

- Miz promo

- Royal Rumble package

- US Title: Bobby Lashley vs. Austin Theory

- Last week was a pitch for Bray Wyatt and The Undertaker to be involved in the LA Knight promo

- Kurt Angle is scheduled to be the special guest ref for Imperium vs. Rollins & Street Profits

- As of this weekend, there was a "poker tournament" planned that involved APA, IRS, Ted Dibiase and others.

- There will be many backstage segments not listed.

- Judgment Day's team is slated to be comprised of Dominik Mysterio and Damian Priest.

- WWE were hopeful Brock Lesnar would be involved in tonight's show.

- There were elements of different Undertaker characters discussed for tonight, but they did deliver his coat and hat to the show. We were told this was pitched as a passing of the torch

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the passing of the torch to uncle howdy

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Raw is Turdy

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Digital Jedi posted:

- There were elements of different Undertaker characters discussed for tonight, but they did deliver his coat and hat to the show. We were told this was pitched as a passing of the torch

Perfect timing here. Not the Wrestlemania match they had nine years ago - here. Now.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the passing of the torch to uncle howdy

bo wyatt's wrestlemania streak starts tonight

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/DisneyPrimePlus/status/1617708211842473985?s=20&t=J1vPiMAauqrLJZ3nsAfs6w

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Vince doesn't know how to book anymore because he doesn't have to know how to book. His decisions never actually bite him in the rear end and the quality of the content is irrelevant.
So he can just do stupid poo poo like have Roman try to beat Bruno's record because he wants that record to belong to his guy. Or make Roman the most popular guy in the company by making everybody else in the company look like a chump and driving away all the naysayers.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1617703287268179968?s=20

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Big yikes

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Came from his fuckin knees

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Undertaker was born in 1936.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
lmao love the cut to the confused crowd after the american badass logo shows up

and then he uses his feet to push himself around the corners like a true badass

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

An audible had to be called during WWE Raw 30.

The originally planned Becky Lynch vs. Bayley steel cage match was very abrupt, leading many to wonder if it had changed. Fightful Select has confirmed that the match and entrances were supposed to get two segments. However, the opening segment with the Bloodline trial ended up going long and several segments needed trimmed.

We're told this affected the Bayley vs. Becky Lynch cage match the most, and they either could work an angle to set up to a full on match, or end up doing a cage match that lasted a minute or two. The end result was the angle that we saw.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

lmao of course it's loving Kid Rock.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That was what they decided to cut out of all the other stuff so far on the show?

I mean at least they didn't go with the "give them a minute" option but come on

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

First off, lol that the caller predicting SCSA would beat Roman for the title might actually have a shot at being right.

Second, lol at the American Badass UT returning but not to Rollin'

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Love how the crowd goes dead silent the moment they realize they're getting Bikertaker. The look of 'well now I didn't ask for this' on everyone's face is wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

To add onto this, they had Ric Flair and Charlotte show up to cut a promo about...how great Charlotte is and how all of your favorites suck compared to "the most decorated women's champion in history (Charlotte)" which in turn led to Sonya vs Bianca match number 284012. But not before Bianca had to talk about how great Charlotte was.