Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Remulak posted:

cheese pizza is boring, especially in pieces that big.

Cheese pizza is the platonic ideal of pizza. :colbert:

Also it's pretty much the only vegetarian choice that's savory, at the Costco food court.

Also why the hell did they add sesame seeds to the hot dog buns? My husband is allergic to sesame and can't get his $1.50 communion anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

those white rabbit pops are good as hell

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Also it's pretty much the only vegetarian choice that's savory, at the Costco food court.

Also why the hell did they add sesame seeds to the hot dog buns? My husband is allergic to sesame and can't get his $1.50 communion anymore.

They've always had sesame seeds.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

StormDrain posted:

new mandela effect

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I actually searched my photos and I have photographic proof that at my local they have had sesame seeds at least back to 2020.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

StormDrain posted:

Not the ones in the Seattle area. Different areas have different bun suppliers.

Edit: not my picture but from 5 years ago, from Costco #1, it had cornmeal on top.

Involuntary Sparkle fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 24, 2023

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Bought a shepherds pie for me and my two insane children. trip report: it is taking a long time to cook

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

StormDrain posted:

Liquor at:
Lone Tree, Littleton, Colorado Springs West, Fort Collins, Eagle, Thornton, Parker

Confirmed no INSIDE liquor at
Arvada, Superior, Aurora, Sheridan, CoS East, Westminster

The difference between outside and inside liquor is the outside liquor stores do not sell Kirkland liquor (since they're not Costcos) and they are all generally market pricing. The inside liquor is below market pricing.

So there's 7/8 Costcos in Colorado using the liquor licenses available.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

i must compose posted:

Bought a shepherds pie for me and my two insane children. trip report: it is taking a long time to cook

Yeah I always have to give it an extra 15 minutes. I also have to cover the top with foil so the crust edges don't burn.

I got one of them for yesterday. It was my kid's birthday party so the immediate family came over after the party to hang out and open all the gifts. Threw in the pie when we got home and easiest dinner for 8 in history.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
My family's probably sick of my poo poo because everyone time I hear someone say the word "Costco" I come Kramering in and yell COSTCO BAYBEEEEEEEEEEEE

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sesame seeds weed out the weak and undeserving

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

Mons Hubris posted:

I'm in Raleigh but I haven't seen those even with the CNY stuff they've had out lately. I'll keep an eye out, maybe they'll make their way down here but I think we have a bigger South Asian community than East Asian.

I wish we could get Kirkland liquor!

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

They've always had sesame at mine; I, too, must have a slice instead of proper communion because of sesame allergy.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
The food court pic has seeds on the bun at the 4 Costco’s I’ve visited in my area but not a single one had any on it when I’ve ordered.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I look at the buns actually behind the counter too.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
thinking about that turkey pesto sandwich. it was just delightful. :sigh:

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

I'm always looking at buns

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Chinatown posted:

thinking about that turkey pesto sandwich. it was just delightful. :sigh:

drat I loved that thing. Never dry like the chicken bake can be. And it was huge.

I guess it had to be made by hand?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It was very relaxing making them, probably my favorite item we sold

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ror posted:

drat I loved that thing. Never dry like the chicken bake can be. And it was huge.

I guess it had to be made by hand?

iirc they had to assemble them yeah.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

craptown posted:

Costco had white rabbit ice cream the other day and I got 2 boxes. May need to get some more, it might have been for lunar new year but I wish they stocked this permanently

The Chinese supermarket stocks that too. My bf got it because he loves the white rabbit candies, but he didn't like the pops as much as the Boba pops.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

There isn't a Kirkland signature frozen pizza anymore is there?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Chronojam posted:

There isn't a Kirkland signature frozen pizza anymore is there?

sure there is

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004
The Bounty Advanced paper towels now smell like rear end, just like the Kirkland ones do. Specifically when wet. Smells like musty old wet paper.

Costco is slipping.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Zero VGS posted:

The Chinese supermarket stocks that too. My bf got it because he loves the white rabbit candies, but he didn't like the pops as much as the Boba pops.

Yeah, the pops are good but they don’t live up to the candy.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Woodsy Owl posted:

The Bounty Advanced paper towels now smell like rear end, just like the Kirkland ones do. Specifically when wet. Smells like musty old wet paper.

Costco is slipping.

stop using paper towels to wipe your rear end

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Woodsy Owl posted:

Costco is slipping.

I think your Costco has sprung a leak

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Johnny Truant posted:

sure there is

I haven't seen it in forever

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
Still waiting for Kirkland lube to come back in stock.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Woodsy Owl posted:

Costco is slipping.

how often are you smelling wet paper towels

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Costco doesn't carry the good paper towels so that's one thing I usually buy elsewhere, like Target.

My Mom gets hers from Costco and I don't remember them smelling like anything other than mediocre paper towels, which is appropriate.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Defenistrator posted:

Still waiting for Kirkland lube to come back in stock.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

sexy tiger boobs posted:

I'm always looking at buns

Same

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Same

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Momma Mia!

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Costco doesn't carry the good paper towels so that's one thing I usually buy elsewhere, like Target.

My Mom gets hers from Costco and I don't remember them smelling like anything other than mediocre paper towels, which is appropriate.

As a PSA for everyone if you’re looking for CostCo paper towel alternatives, Trader Joe paper towels are TERRIBLE. Like, horrendous - the layers immediately delaminate.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
stopping by to mention the yakisoba chicken fried rice kicks rear end if you have it at your costco

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Probably a warehouse by warehouse thing. That being said, with allergen label laws changing to list sesame as an allergen some manufacturers have found it easier to add it to products and label it rather than deal with cross contamination concerns: https://apnews.com/article/sesame-allergies-label-b28f8eb3dc846f2a19d87b03440848f1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Woodsy Owl posted:

Costco is slipping.

Interesting observation. I don't have any issue with the Kirkland paper towels in Colorado. Do they smell like school paper towels? The natural colored non absorbant ones?