Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
I know I'm late to the party on this one, but I finally worked my way through my last package of pre-2020 blue sponges, and bought a new pack, and these newies are half the weight of the old ones: 3M is stomping their poo poo harder than Stringer Bell, and it shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I still miss the italian sausage. Used to see the workers grilling them up early in the morning outside before opening, provided a delicious scent in the air when filling up the tank early in the morning.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Paper towels and toilet paper I've bought from church have both been good

I'll admit I typed great but walked it back to good, so

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jackwitthausla/status/1617678126699655168

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

add hot dog chute

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Tiny Timbs posted:

add hot dog chute

Pneumatic hot dog tubes connected straight to residents' mouths

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
The Costco I went to as a kid had the pneumatic tubes at the registers. If they're still there they really oughta sling hot dogs through those

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

You should be able to add a hotdog to your regular check out.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

david_a posted:

As a PSA for everyone if you’re looking for CostCo paper towel alternatives, Trader Joe paper towels are TERRIBLE. Like, horrendous - the layers immediately delaminate.

As far as I'm concerned Viva Signature Cloth are the benchmark by which all other paper towels are judged, and they are judged harshly. They cost more up front but last so much longer, especially now they have half-sheet perforations. I'd be willing to bet they actually work out to be more budget friendly than cheaper paper towels because a single sheet of Viva is worth like 3 of regular paper towels.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

:hmmyes:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Glizzy tubes

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

CaptainSarcastic posted:

As far as I'm concerned Viva Signature Cloth are the benchmark by which all other paper towels are judged, and they are judged harshly. They cost more up front but last so much longer, especially now they have half-sheet perforations. I'd be willing to bet they actually work out to be more budget friendly than cheaper paper towels because a single sheet of Viva is worth like 3 of regular paper towels.
It's unbelievable how much better those are, although I don't really agree with the the value part except in rare cases.

When I know I was stable financially I started buying Viva paper towels every drat time.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Fashionably Great posted:

Probably a warehouse by warehouse thing. That being said, with allergen label laws changing to list sesame as an allergen some manufacturers have found it easier to add it to products and label it rather than deal with cross contamination concerns: https://apnews.com/article/sesame-allergies-label-b28f8eb3dc846f2a19d87b03440848f1

I definitely have seen this - I'm a food scientist and work with manufacturing plants and I think it's laziness to go this route and is going to end up potentially killing people or causing severe illness in people who previously had "safe foods." It makes me really mad.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Mons Hubris posted:

Pneumatic hot dog tubes connected straight to residents' mouths

I didn't know your mom had already signed a lease

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Remulak posted:

It's unbelievable how much better those are, although I don't really agree with the the value part except in rare cases.

When I know I was stable financially I started buying Viva paper towels every drat time.

Yeah, I haven't run the numbers, so the value thing could be off or specific to my use case. They are so much better than other paper towels it's not even funny, though.

dms666
Oct 17, 2005

It's Playoff Beard Time! Go Pens!

Chronojam posted:

There isn't a Kirkland signature frozen pizza anymore is there?

They do a supreme on cauliflower crust and it's amazing and the closest thing I'm able to eat to the original now that I have to be GF.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

dms666 posted:

They do a supreme on cauliflower crust and it's amazing and the closest thing I'm able to eat to the original now that I have to be GF.

Hey, you don't have to change yourself just because you're in a relationship now!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Their cauliflower crust is like indistinguishable from Tombstone (or what it used to be anyways). Good stuff!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I assume cauliflower pizzas are good because of the rice flour more than anything

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I assume cauliflower pizzas are good because of the rice flour more than anything

Also when they have a lot of low moisture cheese like parmesan or Romano as a binder.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I tried doing this by ordering at the food court kiosk and then running into the store proper to shop.

The first time it synced perfectly so that my hot dog was ready the moment I left checkout. The second time they apparently gave it to someone else / tossed it and had to start all over.

So I have a better idea. Those people who check your receipt when you are leaving, they should makes themselves useful and have a stack of hotdogs to hand one to each person as they check the receipt.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Zero VGS posted:

I tried doing this by ordering at the food court kiosk and then running into the store proper to shop.

So the plan was to have a 20 minute old hotdog waiting for you? That's a bad plan. They'll just have to toss it on the used mattress and furniture pile before you get through the meat department.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
finding the books at church to be a little questionable tbh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
costco

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

StormDrain posted:

So the plan was to have a 20 minute old hotdog waiting for you? That's a bad plan. They'll just have to toss it on the used mattress and furniture pile before you get through the meat department.

No I mean, they actually called my number as I was leaving checkout, the first time, just because of how long they take to work through it all when they're swamped. Was like a 15 minute wait, which I was able to anticipate because my order number was like 70 behind the number being called when I was at the food kiosk.

Sometimes it's a a super long wait and sometimes they just hand the order to me on the spot. I'm blaming the customers for not load-balancing themselves.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Going with the wife and having her place a pizza order while I work down the first half of the store usually works for us on fridays. Pizza comes out right as we finish paying most times.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Also why the hell did they add sesame seeds to the hot dog buns? My husband is allergic to sesame and can't get his $1.50 communion anymore.

Aren’t they explicitly adding sesame to more things since cross-contamination is an issue and just putting “processed on assembly that may also contain <thing>” was recently ruled as an ineffective legal hedge. So they just put sesame on to 100% guarantee it will hurt sesame allergy sufferers. Fun with rule making. Sorry.

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos

God I wish that was me.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Yeah, I haven't run the numbers, so the value thing could be off or specific to my use case. They are so much better than other paper towels it's not even funny, though.

They seem to sell smaller rolls of like 6 for 8 bucks at Walmart I'll give them try for cleaning up food spills and such. I worked as a server for a catering company decades ago and we had the most amazingly thick cloth like paper towels that would clean up anything

Sometimes they're worth it and the laundry

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

They should put peanuts on the bun.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Wendigee posted:

They seem to sell smaller rolls of like 6 for 8 bucks at Walmart I'll give them try for cleaning up food spills and such. I worked as a server for a catering company decades ago and we had the most amazingly thick cloth like paper towels that would clean up anything

Sometimes they're worth it and the laundry

The closest thing I can think of to Viva are those blue shop paper towels some mechanics and workshops use - really thick and cloth-like. But Viva are softer than the shop towels.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

They changed the shape of the 4 tofu packs at my church, I'm shook

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The closest thing I can think of to Viva are those blue shop paper towels some mechanics and workshops use - really thick and cloth-like. But Viva are softer than the shop towels.

There are Wypalls, heavy duty paper towels, I've bought them for my lab before and have a box at home but yeah they're nowhere near as soft as Vivas.

Incidentally, when we moved last year we found a roll of Vivas that had been in a storage box from years before and the texture definitely has changed over time, less soft and absorbent.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Johnny Truant posted:

They changed the shape of the 4 tofu packs at my church, I'm shook

Where is the tofu? I looked all over for it and decided they just don't carry tofu. I do assume they don't have tempeh though.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Where is the tofu? I looked all over for it and decided they just don't carry tofu. I do assume they don't have tempeh though.

It's in the refrigerated section where they keep the fancier cheeses, dips, hummus, that kinda thing

Used to be a square box of 4 tofu blocks, now they changed it to be all tofu blocks on their side. Long Tofu!

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Hell yeah

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Has CostCo ever sold that shelf stable tofu that comes in little bricks? I usually get that because the amount of tofu in one package is more appropriate for how I use it. Would be nice to buy a 6 or 12 pack.

Edit: I think the brand I buy is Mori-Nu

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

david_a posted:

Has CostCo ever sold that shelf stable tofu that comes in little bricks? I usually get that because the amount of tofu in one package is more appropriate for how I use it. Would be nice to buy a 6 or 12 pack.

Edit: I think the brand I buy is Mori-Nu

This is the brand my costco carries.

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/house-foods-organic-tofu%2C-firm%2C-16-oz%2C-4-ct.product.100343530.html

They also have the soft ones by the same brand.
Not shelf stable though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

If you're looking for cloth-like paper towels there's this other awesome product you should check out. They're called towels, made of cloth. You can wash em and reuse them too!