Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Boy with everyone talking about Death I sure would like to put her into some decks!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Why am I seeing so much Doc Ock? People forgetting to swap their last featured location decks? Ive won against every one ive seen so its fine

Oh Dazzler

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

Why am I seeing so much Doc Ock? People forgetting to swap their last featured location decks? Ive won against every one ive seen so its fine

Oh Dazzler

I love Doc Ock, pretty much every time someone plays him it feels like this:

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Doc Ock might actually be my favorite card in the whole game AND I have the Superior variant.
He bad though

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Doc Ock is really good against certain types of deck and in certain types of deck. Turn 3 Electro, turn 4 Doc Ock empties your hand, turn 5 KNEEL BEFORE GALACTUS has won more than a few games.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice
Crashed the game vs a bot because I played Scarlet Witch on Collapsed Mine while their rocks were up. Came back to a swapped clear location for them and a loss soon to follow. Cool game remains cool.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
turn 1 location reveal: Elysium. I play Cable, draw their Galactus, they play nothing

turn 2 location reveal: Central Park. Opponent immediately quits

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Devo posted:

Boy with everyone talking about Death I sure would like to put her into some decks!!!

That’s a brutal list of uncollected cards. I don’t think anyone should be playing a deck without death right now.

Now I’m just missing electro, Thor and quake. And the non winter variant of patriot, it’s gonna feel real bad when I pull that.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Devo posted:

That's brutal. The worst part is that they'll probably nerf (fix) Leader just when you get him too. I'm also in that club.

buffalo all day posted:

That’s a brutal list of uncollected cards. I don’t think anyone should be playing a deck without death right now.

Now I’m just missing electro, Thor and quake. And the non winter variant of patriot, it’s gonna feel real bad when I pull that.

And the "have winter patriot, now anxious about a future wasted pull" one too. Jealous that you managed to leave quake to the end though. Pulling her last to exit Pool 3 is probably the only good way to do that.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Is it possible to max out the boosters for a card, like you’ve got all the variants maxed out. Do they just stop giving boosters for that or does it keep piling up pointlessly?

That would take a hell of a long time though unless someone just hoarded all credits for upgrading one card.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

priznat posted:

Is it possible to max out the boosters for a card, like you’ve got all the variants maxed out. Do they just stop giving boosters for that or does it keep piling up pointlessly?

That would take a hell of a long time though unless someone just hoarded all credits for upgrading one card.

You continue to accumulate boosters for that card. During beta, when there were fewer split variations, a few players maxed out their agatha.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Just lost to a bot that dropped Shang Chi turn 6 on a location I had three cards, none of which were 9+ power to win because I played shuri off loc into white queen on it. I think I'm done for a bit

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
FYI some players are armoring the rocks if they clear theirs and you dont so something to consider

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

priznat posted:

The end of November patch notes had "Better communication when you have all of the Infinity Split combinations for a card."

I assume there are some whales out there who really like their pixels

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

FYI some players are armoring the rocks if they clear theirs and you dont so something to consider

some fool and I armored our 3rd lane, I played turn 3 patriot and they left. What was their plan??

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Zodack posted:

Just lost to a bot that dropped Shang Chi turn 6 on a location I had three cards, none of which were 9+ power to win because I played shuri off loc into white queen on it. I think I'm done for a bit
Earlier this morning I had two people in a row drop Shang-Chi on T6. One of those I won and the other I lost. I just find it odd that this is becoming a thing all of a sudden, or maybe it’s bots

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's not an awful hail Mary if you have a good idea of your opponent's deck and can guess what's the only thing that'll gently caress up your win

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

The other day I opened Destroyer and tried to put together a Spectrum Destroyer deck, but I wasn't really happy with it. Part of the problem was that I was trying to make Mojo work in it, and he really does not. So last night I decided to try and make a deck that he does work in, and here's what I came up with:

# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (2) Angela
# (2) Black Widow
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Mojo
# (2) Cloak
# (3) Green Goblin
# (3) Debrii
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (5) Aero
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW50TWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbGFja1dpZG93In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNb2pvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHcmVlbkdvYmxpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVicmlpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIb2Jnb2JsaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFlcm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNsb2FrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbHVlTWFydmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbmdlbGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNxdWlycmVsR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFyZWRldmlsIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

This deck is rude as gently caress, but it's actually really fun to pilot, and surprisingly flexible. You kind of just lose to destroy decks most of the time, which is especially a problem right now, but otherwise I've been getting some solid results with it.

Psikotik posted:

Crashed the game vs a bot because I played Scarlet Witch on Collapsed Mine while their rocks were up. Came back to a swapped clear location for them and a loss soon to follow. Cool game remains cool.

Someone tried to do this against me earlier, except Scarlet Witch turned it into Hala. It was incredibly funny.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Doom Wong is fun when it works

Nothing crazy I just liked it. I lost/retreated on something like 8 games in a row last night so I'm just happy I won one finally. I think I need to stop building so many decks and hunker down on one or two and really learn them.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

FlamingLiberal posted:

Earlier this morning I had two people in a row drop Shang-Chi on T6. One of those I won and the other I lost. I just find it odd that this is becoming a thing all of a sudden, or maybe it’s bots

I basically only drop Shang chi t6 unless I think leech is coming, if you drop it earlier they can adjust their plan or retreat.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Tender Bender posted:

I love Doc Ock, pretty much every time someone plays him it feels like this:

hahaha yea pretty much. He is a fun card though for sure when he works

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm not at a point where I care as much, but I powered through 63 and have just been getting curbstomped today.. Not sure what the problem is but I'm just having terrible RNG with my decks, I'll get to round 5 and realize I have nothing noteworthy fielded and wonder what I've done the whole game.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

buffalo all day posted:

Maneck posted:

That's brutal. The worst part is that they'll probably nerf (fix) Leader just when you get him too. I'm also in that club.

I finally pulled Aero from a box today and I have Death in the shop. Getting closer to pool 3 complete.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Oh? Switching Decks? It'd be a real shame if we match you with someone your last deck counters perfectly

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Also been trying movement decks since I pulled Torch yesterday and Aero today. Killmonger sure is a card, eh?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

New Leaf posted:

I'm not at a point where I care as much, but I powered through 63 and have just been getting curbstomped today.. Not sure what the problem is but I'm just having terrible RNG with my decks, I'll get to round 5 and realize I have nothing noteworthy fielded and wonder what I've done the whole game.

a huge part of the game is just dealing with variance, whether that's from your draws or the locations you hit. see if there's things about your deck construction that can make your gameplan a bit more resilient to bad draws, and never forget that knowing when to retreat from a match isn't giving up but is instead just as much of a thing to get good at while playing

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

flatluigi posted:

a huge part of the game is just dealing with variance, whether that's from your draws or the locations you hit. see if there's things about your deck construction that can make your gameplan a bit more resilient to bad draws, and never forget that knowing when to retreat from a match isn't giving up but is instead just as much of a thing to get good at while playing

Exactly. Like if T1 they get an infinaut dropped on their side and you get an antman, just leave. Especially if they snap. Don’t stick around for 4 draws hoping you get a Shang chi (and have to spend 4 energy wiping out something they got for free). That’s an extreme example but if they get a huge break or are clearly hitting their draws, just leave as soon as you have to put in more cubes.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I felt real smart the first time I did this until they played patriot

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This location has been a good time to run a Patriot-focused deck

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
It's pretty good eatin' for a Hazmat/Ironheart setup too.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok begrudging respect for the Leader player I just emoted a few times for emoting right back then a fist bump

rear end in a top hat move but I only emote Leader guys and Control decks that forget to put actual points on the board

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The thing that really absolutely unnerves me about featured locations is 9 times out of 10, it's a location that sucks poo poo and would be fine if it showed up once in a while but in 40% of games it's just exhausting to deal with, especially for 2 days. I literally have gotten to the point where I do my dailies on wednesday and thursday and don't really play much else.

It doesn't help that every loving time, without fail, when I try and have a deck going for the location, it repeatedly just gets absolutely curb stomped by every element of rng or opponent play possible.

Also gently caress this location, it's bad and Ben Brode should feel bad for introducing it to us. It feels like it ALWAYS shows up as location 3 which is just the absolute worst location for it to be in.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

They really do need to have a month or two of somewhat relatively neutral locations. Or up the likelihood that Ruins shows up as a natural location.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
Just had Thanos appear in my token shop. I was hoping to wait for Galactus since he's official OP, but maybe I should settle for Thanos?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

RevKrule posted:

The thing that really absolutely unnerves me about featured locations is 9 times out of 10, it's a location that sucks poo poo and would be fine if it showed up once in a while but in 40% of games it's just exhausting to deal with, especially for 2 days. I literally have gotten to the point where I do my dailies on wednesday and thursday and don't really play much else.

While I can't say I'm a fan of the recent round of locations, all new locations are Featured when they're introduced to the game. It's done so that nobody can get blindsided by a brand new location.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
So if you skip a turn with this location is destroys all rocks on your side, not just on the location. Heads up to Debrii players.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

cgeq posted:

Just had Thanos appear in my token shop. I was hoping to wait for Galactus since he's official OP, but maybe I should settle for Thanos?

Buffalo is the only one Ive seen that likes Thanos iirc

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Jedit posted:

While I can't say I'm a fan of the recent round of locations, all new locations are Featured when they're introduced to the game. It's done so that nobody can get blindsided by a brand new location.

I suppose most of my annoyance is the new locations all seem "fun" on paper in reality kinda suck. The "only 6 cost cards can be played here" one coming up also sucks badly so I can't wait to get upset about that location probably next week.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
The "Only 6s can be played here" place is going to be great because people can't Storm, Rhino, Scarlett Witch, or Magik it.

It's worded as "cost 6", so you can't play She-Hulk (or Death) on it unless she's actually at 6 energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

cgeq posted:

Galactus is a lot more useful