Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

happyhippy posted:

Neil Hamilton was paid just £2k to get a question to be answered in parliament.

Imagine, Neil loving Nazi Hamilton had more decency to resign when caught.

those unseen huge army of chinese spies are the real problem, not those patriots who will sell out anything on this island for a quick pittance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

https://twitter.com/redfieldwilton/status/1618266248286015496

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Perfect time for a relaunch

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Is there any picture of Starmer where he doesn't look frightened and moist?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

cat botherer posted:

Is there any picture of Starmer where he doesn't look frightened and moist?

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

The guy who has been told to stop hanging around the school gates.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol at 'everything', 'gender', and all the littler ones

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol clegg

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1618368904157339648?s=20

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

:clegg:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

you joke but he’s spent months carefully crafting this exact result

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
some people actually believe he is in favor of strikes, a fact that undoubtedly horrifies him during his rare moments of sobriety.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

keep punching joe posted:

Catholic restoration by stealth watch England start a loving war.

Will this mean we get monarchs beheaded again? :neckbeard:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

@calvinrobinson
Twat

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Consent manufacturing going into overdrive

https://twitter.com/NewStatesman/status/1618512058630242304?t=JUr5SdajHPyOiQ5mvnC5Hw&s=19

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
The New Statesman (the state is Pinochet's Chile)

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Do not become addicted to pensions

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol liz truss

https://twitter.com/GeorgeWParker/status/1618383097728499712

New Found Power
Aug 18, 2005

As in atom bomb... As in nuclear fission.. As in the end of the world.

the sex ghost posted:

Do not become addicted to pensions

Luckily the piss-poor ongoing response to covid has already started lowering life expectancies. UK PLC playing the long game, see

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Wait Liz Truss still exists? She wasn't scrapped for parts for the next animatronic?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'd say theyw ere going to ban alcohol because people enjoy it if they weren't all alcoholics

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1618542895585189889?s=20

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Jose posted:

i'd say theyw ere going to ban alcohol because people enjoy it if they weren't all alcoholics

https://twitter.com/sloanefragment/status/1618545773188374528

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Well that's that then

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1618639371401297920?t=7XjDyk1QMOY9JMWlN20nsQ&s=19

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Jose posted:

ffs

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Liberals have never met a single thing they didn't want to means test. gently caress off

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

god this is embarrassing

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Yeah because the lazy scroungers are spending all their money on whippets and spray paint.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Toynbee isn't very good.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
He never misses.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I'm happy for him, getting to do whatever that is

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

This guy seems cool.

E: the new years resolution was to weigh himself and take his blood pressure each day, and he did it for nine continuous days then wrote a column about it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

projecthalaxy posted:

This guy seems cool.

E: the new years resolution was to weigh himself and take his blood pressure each day, and he did it for nine continuous days then wrote a column about it

who has the time of day to read this tedious rear end in a top hat

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
heres 500 words on how i brushed my teeth this morning

Raskolnikov38 has issued a correction as of 20:28 on Jan 26, 2023

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

heres 500 words on how i brushed my teeth is morning

Just before Christmas I stumbled on a random but interesting fact about something. I felt certain that said fact wasn’t widely known, and so everybody – apart from the cleverest of clever dicks – would find it diverting. I was in a hurry to share; such a hurry, in fact, that I found it frustrating to conform to conversational norms. You know, finding a way of steering the subject matter into the right area so you can lob in your fact-bomb all casual-like.

I resolved instead to just drop it in, apropos of nothing at all, whenever it suited me. My inspiration for this was my dad, who is only too happy to come out with random stuff completely out of the blue. For example: “Did you know that UHT milk is much improved? It now tastes like normal milk, so there’s no point buying normal milk any more.” At first I found this kind of thing from him amusing, then annoying. But ultimately I felt envious. How liberating just to be able to come right out with it.

Oh yes, my fact: Americans eat hardly any lamb. Who knew? Not a lot of people, I can tell you. Apart from Americans, obviously. Being new to the art of just coming out with random stuff, it took a while to get the hang of it. Just wanging it in there, in the middle of an unrelated conversation about, say, West Brom’s ownership or the traffic on the M6, really didn’t work. I’ve found the best way is to wait for a lull in the conversation and then strike. “Here’s a thing,” I’ll say – a little phrase like that helps. “Did you know that Americans hardly eat any lamb?” OK, there was the odd “Eh?” or “So what?” But in general this new approach works like a dream. I feel so free!

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

projecthalaxy posted:

Just before Christmas I stumbled on a random but interesting fact about something. I felt certain that said fact wasn’t widely known, and so everybody – apart from the cleverest of clever dicks – would find it diverting. I was in a hurry to share; such a hurry, in fact, that I found it frustrating to conform to conversational norms. You know, finding a way of steering the subject matter into the right area so you can lob in your fact-bomb all casual-like.

I resolved instead to just drop it in, apropos of nothing at all, whenever it suited me. My inspiration for this was my dad, who is only too happy to come out with random stuff completely out of the blue. For example: “Did you know that UHT milk is much improved? It now tastes like normal milk, so there’s no point buying normal milk any more.” At first I found this kind of thing from him amusing, then annoying. But ultimately I felt envious. How liberating just to be able to come right out with it.

Oh yes, my fact: Americans eat hardly any lamb. Who knew? Not a lot of people, I can tell you. Apart from Americans, obviously. Being new to the art of just coming out with random stuff, it took a while to get the hang of it. Just wanging it in there, in the middle of an unrelated conversation about, say, West Brom’s ownership or the traffic on the M6, really didn’t work. I’ve found the best way is to wait for a lull in the conversation and then strike. “Here’s a thing,” I’ll say – a little phrase like that helps. “Did you know that Americans hardly eat any lamb?” OK, there was the odd “Eh?” or “So what?” But in general this new approach works like a dream. I feel so free!

Is this ChatGTP?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Is this ChatGTP?

This is the multiple time award winning cream of the English press, the new Dickens, the new Byron, the new Chaucer.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He never misses.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

who has the time of day to read this tedious rear end in a top hat

Adrian Chiles is dating the editor of the guardian and as such gets paid more for his columns about things he saw on the bus than the nutters who want means testing for food banks. He is a king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

means test hollibobs to tuscany