Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

canyonero posted:

The "Only 6s can be played here" place is going to be great because people can't Storm, Rhino, Scarlett Witch, or Magik it.
But they can leader it. yippee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Thanos is great fun, Galactus is boring 1 dimensional playstyle that is simply a bad card design likely to be changed at some point.

Pretty sure a Thanos lockjaw deck is my most played deck.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

No Wave posted:

Yeah, I was thinking this too. it's basically a free "throw leader on this location because your opponent can't fill it"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

No Wave posted:

Destroyer wins again!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I dont mind this location that much but it is incredibly annoying if it's the last revealed

Has anyone tested if you Storm/Magik/Rhino the location before opponent skips a turn? curious if they can still pass to clear

hmm guy just forfeited as soon as I rhino'd so im assuming maybe. Also just realized that storm is OP in that situation

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 25, 2023

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

the_american_dream posted:

I dont mind this location that much but it is incredibly annoying if it's the last revealed

Has anyone tested if you Storm/Magik/Rhino the location before opponent skips a turn? curious if they can still pass to clear

This happened to me. I wanted to play on 3 and opponent skipped to clear. Opponent played Storm on 4 and I got stuck with rocks.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

cgeq posted:

Just had Thanos appear in my token shop. I was hoping to wait for Galactus since he's official OP, but maybe I should settle for Thanos?

As leader of the thanos fan club I think you should get it if you like decks with lots of decisions. The stones are legit good cards and are super powerful, you just never are going to have a super tight streamlined deck because of them. The Thanos ongoing deck is crazy fun and I’m really hoping I can finish this infinite climb and go back to it. That said I don’t think anyone has actually made infinite playing thanos.

Basically:

Dravs posted:

Thanos is great fun, Galactus is boring 1 dimensional playstyle that is simply a bad card design likely to be changed at some point.

Pretty sure a Thanos lockjaw deck is my most played deck.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Push El Burrito posted:

So if you skip a turn with this location is destroys all rocks on your side, not just on the location. Heads up to Debrii players.

Yeah, other than this location sucking rear end this part makes no sense. None at all.

Most Wednesdays and Thursdays I don't play the game much. Good game design.

edit: I think I found a way to articulate my feelings. A lot of these locations lately are like when your boss forces you to have "fun" at a "teambuilding event" and your boss is basically the only one having fun and thinks everyone else just doesn't get it. And on top of that you can't get your regular work done for two days.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 25, 2023

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I once dropped Destroyer on Sinister Bar thinking I was a genius. For some reason I thought he had the same keywords as Colossus along with the destroy all cards.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

JackDarko posted:

I once dropped Destroyer on Sinister Bar thinking I was a genius. For some reason I thought he had the same keywords as Colossus along with the destroy all cards.

To be fair, it is big, shiny, and silver

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

RevKrule posted:

The thing that really absolutely unnerves me about featured locations is 9 times out of 10, it's a location that sucks poo poo and would be fine if it showed up once in a while but in 40% of games it's just exhausting to deal with, especially for 2 days. I literally have gotten to the point where I do my dailies on wednesday and thursday and don't really play much else.

Yeah, it sabotages one of the key success points of the game, which is:
1) Deck sizes are small enough that you can reliably execute some form of your plan in most games
BUT
2) The randomness of locations messes with gameplans enough to prevent most cards and decks from being oppressive.

The Featured Locations remove point 2, meaning any location that significantly impacts the round just means you're in a hyper optimized meta for the duration it's featured. Especially when they basically break a card like Death, it's both boring and frustrating.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

buffalo all day posted:

As leader of the thanos fan club I think you should get it if you like decks with lots of decisions.

I'll keep him pinned for now. I do enjoy that part of the game and I'm a sucker for fun but I also like winning

I did unbox Leader last week. Haven't used him much cause he's icky but a location where you can only play a 6 cost card... seems like Leader is a no-brainer? I feel like this game is a version of prisoner's dilemma sometimes...

AloePieceOfShit
Jan 26, 2020

canyonero posted:

The "Only 6s can be played here" place is going to be great because people can't Storm, Rhino, Scarlett Witch, or Magik it.

It's worded as "cost 6", so you can't play She-Hulk (or Death) on it unless she's actually at 6 energy.

That seems like a great location for Magneto. Just go hard on the other 2 locations and throw anything opp played on castle.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

are variants from climbing collector level weighted towards cards you already own because boy would i have liked these to be a card in that pool i'd actually use

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

flatluigi posted:

are variants from climbing collector level weighted towards cards you already own because boy would i have liked these to be a card in that pool i'd actually use

You can't get variants for cards you don't own from CL.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Quackles posted:

You can't get variants for cards you don't own from CL.

or at all, outside of bundles, I think

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Sandwolf posted:

I got a winter variant Rogue before I owned the base card! I forget if it was from a collector's reserve or what.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah, it sabotages one of the key success points of the game, which is:
1) Deck sizes are small enough that you can reliably execute some form of your plan in most games
BUT
2) The randomness of locations messes with gameplans enough to prevent most cards and decks from being oppressive.

The Featured Locations remove point 2, meaning any location that significantly impacts the round just means you're in a hyper optimized meta for the duration it's featured. Especially when they basically break a card like Death, it's both boring and frustrating.
you're sorta right, but I like that it makes you mix up and construct decks that you might not otherwise, or play your standard decks in a different way, which is fun. Or you don't have to, some of the time it'll be a normal game and some percentage of the remaining your opponent hasn't done anything special to their deck either so you're in the same boat.

I disagree with point 2 though - the randomness of the locations means that certain decks and cards DO become dominant.

That said I do think they last a little too long and way too many of the locations recently are Death-centric (which probably points to more of a problem with Death)

wyoak fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 25, 2023

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Sandwolf posted:

I got that signed Nick Fury card before I got the regular one from a box. Was real disappointed in that.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Speaking of variants, I barely spend my gold and I have a ton. The game has (possibly randomly or maybe in a targeted fashion) been offering me a solid stream of nice variants for cards I actually use lately.

edit: just realized they're all POC; nice

The Sean fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 25, 2023

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Push El Burrito posted:

I got that signed Nick Fury card before I got the regular one from a box. Was real disappointed in that.

I got Nick Fury from a cache the day before they gave him out for free. And my first p4/5 card was Mbaku. gently caress!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

The Sean posted:

Speaking of variants, I barely spend my gold and I have a ton. The game has (possibly randomly or maybe in a targeted fashion) been offering me a solid stream of nice variants for cards I actually use lately.

I want all of these. drat

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Push El Burrito posted:

Funny, I just pulled regular Nick Fury today.

I was a tad disappointed, too.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

That Luke cage one is sick

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I've definitely gotten variants for cards that I don't have the base card for, but I can't remember which ones or whether those were from event rewards

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Variants you get from caches/reserves are only for cards you own with one exception and that's special events like the winter ones where they're limited time for how long they're available.

The Nick Fury variant was a limited giveaway from Second Dinner as an xmas thank you.

Bundle variants also get you access to the card early but I don't think you can get other variants until you unlock the base card (i could be wrong about this).

Otherwise if you're opening boxes or looking in the shop, you'll only get/see variants from cards you own already.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Another deck doing serious work today. Spider-Man and absorbing man combo is just a 2-cube earning machine. Just nasty.

# (1) Sunspot
# (3) Zabu
# (3) Lady Sif
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Absorbing Man
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Spider-Man
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) The Infinaut
# (9) Death
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW5maW5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcGlkZXJNYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyYWN1bGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlphYnUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxhZHlTaWYifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikdob3N0UmlkZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFic29yYmluZ01hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSnViaWxlZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVhdGgifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Btw https://snap.fan game tracker has now also become a deck tracker. It shows a bit more stats than the https://untapped.gg one but doesn't have an overlay yet.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I’ve seen a lot of cool variants in the shop but I’m holding strong for a token bundle again, maybe, someday.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Kaddish posted:

I’ve seen a lot of cool variants in the shop but I’m holding strong for a token bundle again, maybe, someday.

They’ll datamine all the bundles they can when the patch comes out

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Thanks, wanda

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Bottom Liner posted:

I got Nick Fury from a cache the day before they gave him out for free. And my first p4/5 card was Mbaku. gently caress!

Feels like poo poo getting Fury after to be honest.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

JackDarko posted:

Feels like poo poo getting Fury after to be honest.

Yeah, remember that the Holiday Nick was a variant so you were going to get the normal version as some point no matter what.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Get loving knelt, Mr Ongoing spam deck.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Jedit posted:

One enormous benefit of playing the zabu deck with Spider-Man is absolutely crushing the dreams of galactus players after they snap. It rules.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Jedit posted:

Galactus decks are not allowed to gloat. It's in the rule book.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
# (1) Sunspot
# (2) Cable
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Zabu
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Spider-Man
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (6) She-Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BpZGVyTWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9vbkdpcmwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IldoaXRlUXVlZW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRldmlsRGlub3NhdXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN1bnNwb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0aXF1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSmVzc2ljYUpvbmVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJaYWJ1In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGVIdWxrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYWJsZSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

This deck is a lot of fun. Zabu package into Double Dino via Moon Girl or Mystique + She-Hulk on T6. Cable can be swapped for Scorpion/Ironman/Agent but I find the info he gives about your opponents deck to be really powerful for placing enchantress and Shang.

You can even go more aggressive with setting doubling if you swap Spider out for Crystal, letting you drop her and Moon on 4 if you don’t have Dino or She-Hulk.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I give up. I'm just going to make a deck that bides my time and then Leader at the end. gently caress strategy or playing for myself when I can just Leader.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

kaschei posted:

The end of November patch notes had "Better communication when you have all of the Infinity Split combinations for a card."

I assume there are some whales out there who really like their pixels
How many of these are Agatha?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

New Leaf posted:

I give up. I'm just going to make a deck that bides my time and then Leader at the end. gently caress strategy or playing for myself when I can just Leader.

You should, it will teach you how to counter-play against Leader, and that he's a dead card a lot of the time.