Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

ch 22 is a very fun but hard map geez.

Still 50 hours in my char tier ranking hasn't changed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Okay, cleared chapter 9 without much problem besides some bad positioning at times. Gonna go do now the Tiki paralogue, hope a promoted Framme can bully those dragon reinforcements to the ground.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Okay, cleared chapter 9 without much problem besides some bad positioning at times. Gonna go do now the Tiki paralogue, hope a promoted Framme can bully those dragon reinforcements to the ground.

Archers can do it just fine.

Also my Clanne is really good and I’m terrified he’s going to stop hitting his Mag growths any second now. :ohdear:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Dire Thunder is certainly cool and powerful but I don’t think I’ll ever bother with that kind of real life time investment on subsequent playthroughs. I really don’t like how Bond Rings were implemented at all.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

ROFL Octopus posted:

Dire Thunder is certainly cool and powerful but I don’t think I’ll ever bother with that kind of real life time investment on subsequent playthroughs. I really don’t like how Bond Rings were implemented at all.

Funny you say that, I literally just got it from spamming Leif Bond Rings :v:

The big issue is it cost me 5000 bond for it to drop... I did get a second S rank ring in the process so I could at least reset and get it on another Emblem to see if I get a skill and create Olwen on the 5th one...

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

My Boucheron has gotten at least strength and speed every level. Don’t know how yours are all turning out bad.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Not gaining str at all. More like Doucheron.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Nanomashoes posted:

My Boucheron has gotten at least strength and speed every level. Don’t know how yours are all turning out bad.

The Bouche is loose

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
My Clanne and Framme are powered up now to the point where they can reliably beat Vander’s rear end in the arena

All of the supports I’ve seen with them so far has been Vander yelling at them for messing up small tasks so I like to imagine he’s just being petty now the he knows his subordinates could easily murder him

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
For reference, I don't think you need as much str in previous games. I have a lot of characters with 14 str nearly at chapter 20 and it's been fine, especially once Byleth comes into the picture.

So I think future runs benefit Boucheran more since his best solution is to just use better weapons since weight isn't a problem for him.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
ike having an actually good voice actor now is once again making me wish for a hyptothetical FE9&10 HD remake that bundles both games together

you know you want to do it, intsys. you put him and micaiah in the game (and apparently have soren planned as DLC), you clearly like the tellius cast as much as anyone else

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The one time I played Path of Radiance my Ike got Strength screwed so severely that it's kind of amusing to see everyone talk about how strong he is in Engage. In my game he had noodle arms.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Like, for people who did get and used the Olwen ring, would you say is worth it 5000 bond if I can also get another S ring?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Like, for people who did get and used the Olwen ring, would you say is worth it 5000 bond if I can also get another S ring?

I don't know how I would be defeating a lot of the bosses without my dire thunder ring. It's extremely good. 5000 fragments to guarantee it is very much worth it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Blaziken386 posted:

ike having an actually good voice actor now is once again making me wish for a hyptothetical FE9&10 HD remake that bundles both games together

you know you want to do it, intsys. you put him and micaiah in the game (and apparently have soren planned as DLC), you clearly like the tellius cast as much as anyone else

Counterpoint, they should do an FE9/FE10 HD remake but bring back every original English VA to reprise their roles because they were all hilarious.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

why is seadall so low, he's a Dancer, dancers are always A-tier at minimum because action economy fuckery is amazing

Notty
Jun 4, 2010
Yeah this is a game where you can dance for someone then dance for your dancer so they can also dance again.

s-tier minimum imo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Not sure thats a 100% objective gameplay tier list gang

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Junpei posted:

why is seadall so low, he's a Dancer, dancers are always A-tier at minimum because action economy fuckery is amazing

Not good enough for my team of crazy badasses

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I ran out of time crystals on hard chapter 5 and Vander died. I'm bad at this I think. Weird I never had issues with hard 3h.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Endorph posted:

Not sure thats a 100% objective gameplay tier list gang

oh yeah forgot the original post text context:

Barreft posted:

imho without the spoiler chars

This is based on nothing but feels and how much they die/massacre the other team

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

JBP posted:

I ran out of time crystals on hard chapter 5 and Vander died. I'm bad at this I think. Weird I never had issues with hard 3h.
This games hard is a fair bit harder than 3h hard (hard)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Endorph posted:

This games hard is a fair bit harder than 3h hard (hard)

What's the strategy. Just pick your way forward with the big armour guy? There are no enemy wizards but that seems slow and boring.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
random mental image that popped into my head: Alear sleeping on a hoard made entirely of consumables. Staves, elixirs, stat up items, etc. Alear is a dragon, after all.

JBP posted:

What's the strategy. Just pick your way forward with the big armour guy? There are no enemy wizards but that seems slow and boring.

Louis is the people's hero and you'd better get used to this new reality.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

JBP posted:

I basically had Louis engage with Sigurd and solo the whole left side of the map while the rest of the team stuck together and picked apart the guys closer to the start.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAJURvCCemg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMzFAMXwuT8

Barreft fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 26, 2023

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yunaka ftw

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

fun fact i learned in chapter 16 - is your Ike ring on a unit who can't quite reach the enemy due to those pesky tiles that restrict movement? Worry not! Great Aether can be activated right before you have an ally warp you into enemy territory!!

anyways i know Panette is the current favorite for Ike because lol wrath, but I'm having a lot of fun sticking him on Diamant and letting the guy smash the poo poo out of the enemy. He's a walking tank of doom.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Blaziken386 posted:

fun fact i learned in chapter 16 - is your Ike ring on a unit who can't quite reach the enemy due to those pesky tiles that restrict movement? Worry not! Great Aether can be activated right before you have an ally warp you into enemy territory!!

anyways i know Panette is the current favorite for Ike because lol wrath, but I'm having a lot of fun sticking him on Diamant and letting the guy smash the poo poo out of the enemy. He's a walking tank of doom.

Diamant hasn't left my party since I got him. he's a goddamn monster along with Kagetsu and Yunaka

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Finished 17 and boy that was easier when you knew who not to pull. Game continues to be good.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I knew it was coming, but i still laughed
https://twitter.com/DemilyPyro/status/1618411396315901952
(chapter 10 spoilers)

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Blaziken386 posted:

I knew it was coming, but i still laughed
https://twitter.com/DemilyPyro/status/1618411396315901952
(chapter 10 spoilers)

lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i've seen some clips from late in the game where people were able to get insanely long chain attacks going and it is very funny

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Having only spent one chapter with Alcryst and Diamant I really appreciate the fact that everything that makes Alcryst neurotic is also everything that makes him apparently his father's favorite, for completely logical reasons.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Has anyone said “Boucheron? More like Doucheron” yet? Because I think it every time I see him.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
I do understand why they didn't use a Conquest map for Corrin's Paralogue, but come on, Conquest 10! Would've been amazing. Byleth's was fun, at least.

Blaziken386 posted:

Panette should get Lyn. Go mow down some random enemies and lose at least 1 HP to activate her personal and gain Speedtaker stacks, then send her at anything that really needs to die and use Alacrity to double them from complete safety. You can't get the +Spd and Speedtaker and Alacrity all at once when you only have two inherit slots, so she's got to get the actual ring. Inheriting Wrath is totally an option, though.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So the new Nat20 tech.

If you have the DLC then the Houses Emblem gives you the Lineage skill, which increases your EXP gain by 20%.

Byleth in this game has a skill called mentorship which increases your EXP gain by 20% in an AoE around the holder and for the holder as well.

These stack.

Lineage is 150 SP, Mentorship is 250 SP.

Additionally exp increase also directly increase SP generation.

Pictured:

Anna with no skills

Anna with Lineage

Anna with Mentorship + Lineage

So for the low low price of 400 SP you can increase your EXP generation by 1.4 and SP generation by 1.4 (divided by two if you're using a basic ring)

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 26, 2023

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
messing around in the skirmish music menu and i see that the enemy phase theme from chapter 2 where you fight lumera is called 'The Goddess and her Puppets'. that is definitely a turn of phrase, game.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I'm in Chapter 17 so there's presumably plenty of game left to make it or break it, but I actually think this might be my new favorite Fire Emblem game. Prior to this it was Awakening. The gameplay is just so, so good. Hard mode is perfect difficulty. Very satisfying after Three Houses Hard was a snoozefest while Maddening sucked out the fun. The story is fine and the characters are cute. The Lyn paralogue was insane, and Ike scared me too.

Etie is usually average to bad I guess, but mine is insane. She has the gains. Only Panette has more strength.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What exactly are you supposed to do against enemies that can't be moved and parked on an unbreak tile? Just spam draconic hex and hope for the best?