Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Quote is not edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Lol snapping on weird world is so dumb. Yes I’ll accept your snap when you clearly just drew my ace/ combo piece

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Vulpes posted:

You should, it will teach you how to counter-play against Leader, and that he's a dead card a lot of the time.

Please share your mystic wisdom with us mere mortals.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Also sorry for this very basic observation but if you’re dumb like me, paying attention to WHEN the opponent snaps give you so much good info man lol

I have asked Snap? Legitimately a few times when outplayed or the opponent got the drop on me with galactus. Thanks for not wanting guaranteed two cubes I guess

Electro snap? Galactus
Psylock - negative and they drew well or galactus
White queen? Professor or leader (sometimes)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

New Leaf posted:

Right now I'm playing a Ghost Rider deck. Leader doesn't do anything unless they also discard something. Surfer also barely cares about Leader because they usually don't have a lot of 3 drops. I've won more against Leader then I've lost.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
The problem is they usually have two of your three drops along with surfer which is typically enough if their ahead on priority correctly

So if you don’t read it and the opponent doesn’t make it obvious with snapping you just lose.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

New Leaf posted:

you should stop playing when you're on tilt

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Fair enough. I haven't played Surfer in a couple of weeks, but my last turn plays I usually went second in priority. Leader doesn't get your buffed cards if they go first.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

New Leaf posted:

I give up. I'm just going to make a deck that bides my time and then Leader at the end. gently caress strategy or playing for myself when I can just Leader.

This post confirms that you don't understand leader.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
like i said upthread, knowing when to retreat is a skill. you can usually guess that your opponent is on leader (especially if they've played leech), and winning with leader generally requires being ahead on two lanes by turn 6 -- retreat if you're confident that you're not turning it around. when everyone was playing leech leader this was even more immediately obvious, and there were very few players I saw who correctly snapped before leech even came down

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

the_american_dream posted:

The problem is they usually have two of your three drops along with surfer which is typically enough if their ahead on priority correctly

So if you don’t read it and the opponent doesn’t make it obvious with snapping you just lose.

They want to be behind on priority so that they copy the buffed cards. The counter to leader is some specific interactions that don't buff, or just getting more power out faster. When I was playing Zabu "poo poo load of points on board", Drax and Crossbones usually dunked a leader.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

I dont mind this location that much but it is incredibly annoying if it's the last revealed

Has anyone tested if you Storm/Magik/Rhino the location before opponent skips a turn? curious if they can still pass to clear

hmm guy just forfeited as soon as I rhino'd so im assuming maybe. Also just realized that storm is OP in that situation

Ok confirmed. I managed to do this. I also lost. Im bad at the game idk what to tell you

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I dont mind this location that much but it is incredibly annoying if it's the last revealed

Has anyone tested if you Storm/Magik/Rhino the location before opponent skips a turn? curious if they can still pass to clear

hmm guy just forfeited as soon as I rhino'd so im assuming maybe. Also just realized that storm is OP in that situation

Card reveals first, then location effects happen, so yea they will prevent the rock clears.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

This post confirms that you don't understand leader.

I understand that I hate him.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
More than fair

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

New Leaf posted:

I understand that I hate him.

I get it. A couple of weeks ago Wong was kicking my rear end so much I started retreating every time I saw him.

One piece of advice, start playing disruption and control. If you fill your opponent's lanes, there won't be any room for Leader to copy.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Got a win against a Zabu deck that thought it was more important getting Zabu out turn 3 rather than skipping to clear the mine so of course I Armor'd that poo poo. Not clearing puts someone at such a disadvantage, even if you're counting on Killmongering later.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Ego, take the wheel.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
I had Ego put two Devil Dinos in my hand with Moon Girl and then play neither of them. Stupid rock.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

buffalo all day posted:

Another deck doing serious work today. Spider-Man and absorbing man combo is just a 2-cube earning machine. Just nasty.

# (1) Sunspot
# (3) Zabu
# (3) Lady Sif
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Absorbing Man
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Spider-Man
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) The Infinaut
# (9) Death
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW5maW5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcGlkZXJNYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyYWN1bGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlphYnUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxhZHlTaWYifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikdob3N0UmlkZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFic29yYmluZ01hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSnViaWxlZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVhdGgifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

This is a good, well thought out deck. I am running a stupid one. It has Wong, so I can drop Black Widow and Scorpion or Moon Girl on Wong. Tonight, it finally all came together:

Poor guy snapped on me before T4 reveal, and probably thought I was a bot when I snapped back and the reveal was me filling a lane by dropping Moongirl on a Wong. Then passing T5. Then 78 points onto the board bottom of T6.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 26, 2023

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Maneck posted:

This is a good, well thought out deck. I am running a stupid one. It has Wong, so I can drop Black Widow and Scorpion or Moon Girl on Wong. Tonight, it finally all came together:

Poor guy snapped on me before T4 reveal, and probably thought I was a bot when I snapped back and my when the reveal was me filling a lane by dropping Moongirl on a Wong. Then passing T5. Then 78 points onto the board bottom of T6.

Whoaaaaa...

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Not today, Leaderbot.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Sometimes Scarlet Witch can absolutely own so hard.

Project Pegasus was the first location so yeah, I'm gonna drop Sera first and get some cheap rear end cards for the rest of the match. They played Maximus so I was half ready for a Leech play on 5. I wanted to Armor/Sentinel Necrosha but they Jugg'd me over. When they played Storm I figured I was not done with that location since I might need to push power to it if there's a Leech play coming so I figured whatever it could be stood a better shot of being useful than what it would become so I Witch'd it. Reveal first. Turns to Knowhere. Goblin doesn't do poo poo. Immediate retreat.

Hell, I would've been frustrated but would've taken the Goblin. I probably still could've won the other two lanes w/o a Leech play. Just incredible luck here.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I play Leader and will admit I’m not a genius at the game. Leader is my primary win condition. I need to be winning in two lanes into turn six, or I lose. I’m looking to drop Leader in my losing lane so I can copy your cards into my contested lanes that I care about.

What I’ve always found difficult about Leader is that I don’t see him coming. That being said, I’ve noticed the patterns of players who use him more. They almost always snap turn five if they’re ahead in two lanes. That’s usually a sign to retreat, and it’s satisfying to punish their greed. Enjoy the single cube.

An easy counterplay that you can bake into always doing on turn six is if the order you play your cards doesn’t matter, play them in order of weakest to strongest.

I sometimes do YOLO drop Leader into turn six when I’m only winning a single lane, and I almost always lose those. I genuinely win more games off of Leech, however most people retreat if you actually screwed them.

Leader really punishes decks that want to pop off on turn six.

Ongoing is also an awful matchup for me. You likely have poo poo buffing your cards that I don’t.

Hope this helps!

JackDarko fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 26, 2023

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
It's kind of laughable how much nobody gives a poo poo about the Nian challenge.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

CitizenKeen posted:

It's kind of laughable how much nobody gives a poo poo about the Nian challenge.

It doesn't help that it doesn't show up in the main menu on PC like it does on mobile.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I just unlocked Cerebro sooo… what do Cerebro decks look like?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I just unlocked Cerebro sooo… what do Cerebro decks look like?

a miserable pile of tears

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Bottom Liner posted:

a miserable pile of tears

Pretty much this. Locations will screw you every time so you need at least Rhino if not probably Magik for consistency of location switching. Scarlet Witch can work in a pinch but you're dealing with more rng for her. Valkyrie's also probably dearly needed to just straight wipe a lane.

Even then, an opponent dropping something like Red Skull will absolutely gently caress you hard, same with a single Scorpion.

It pushes out a lot of power but it's incredibly easy to disrupt.

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
I made this Cerebro 2 deck a few days ago and I'm having a blast. Storm can usually take care of annoying locations, but I retreat if Monster World shows up. I have Daredevil in mine since I don't have Goose, but might swap him for Beast or something more helpful.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

CitizenKeen posted:

It takes too long to load, and the rewards are trash. If they want us to give a poo poo about events, then they need to offer more value than, like, half a day's worth of credits and gold.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Not sure if I flustered someone or they legit did not see the play coming but they put Patriot and Mystique in the same lane so yeah, I snapped on that poo poo with Enchantress and Killmonger in hand. They dropped Cosmo on the lane and snapped back but lol, that's now 3 cards in that lane and the rest of the board widddddeeee open. With one turn left, I think they realized they were screwed. They drop Ultron, I drop Killmonger with enough just raw body points to steal the Patriot/Mystique/Cosmo lane (just needed 5 lol) and 8 cubes are mine.

I still like my Late Kazoo but man if Sera Control isn't just doing work for me. My biggest tilts right now are when I have to switch decks to get my dailies or because of featured/hot location bullshit.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

wyoak posted:

you're sorta right, but I like that it makes you mix up and construct decks that you might not otherwise, or play your standard decks in a different way, which is fun. Or you don't have to, some of the time it'll be a normal game and some percentage of the remaining your opponent hasn't done anything special to their deck either so you're in the same boat.

I disagree with point 2 though - the randomness of the locations means that certain decks and cards DO become dominant.

That said I do think they last a little too long and way too many of the locations recently are Death-centric (which probably points to more of a problem with Death)

Well you have to take into consideration that the people in charge don't really care about balancing their game, it's secondary to making you want to buy more stuff. There are dominant decks and cards in normal play but it becomes much more exacerbated during Featured Locations. I do like some of them but often it's just "you're playing a different, harder game if you're not running these cards" which sucks.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CitizenKeen posted:

Like I’m gonna grind that much for a profile pic!!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Got enough credits to open some caches. Hoped for some of the cards I'm desperately missing to complete meta decks. Got.. an Agent 13 icon and a title that simply says "The Fourth". Cool cool cool.. :suicide:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

New Leaf posted:

Got enough credits to open some caches. Hoped for some of the cards I'm desperately missing to complete meta decks. Got.. an Agent 13 icon and a title that simply says "The Fourth". Cool cool cool.. :suicide:

I don't remember if Caches work this way but once you get to Reserves, unlocking cards becomes pretty deterministic. 1 in 4 reserves gives you a new card, every single time-- there's no "getting unlucky" and getting a title instead (there's also no "getting lucky" and opening up extra cards)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

JackDarko posted:

I play Leader and will admit I’m not a genius at the game. Leader is my primary win condition. I need to be winning in two lanes into turn six, or I lose. I’m looking to drop Leader in my losing lane so I can copy your cards into my contested lanes that I care about.

What deck are you running? I think my current Leader deck has lost some of its lustre now that Surfer and Patriot are all over.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Pretty high chance a Leader change will be in the patch on the 31st so maybe don't put all your eggs into that basket.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Dravs posted:

Pretty high chance a Leader change will be in the patch on the 31st so maybe don't put all your eggs into that basket.

Where are people hearing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Jeff Hoogland seems pretty convinced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiNYUEiHWHg