Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Dravs posted:

Jeff Hoogland seems pretty convinced

Hoogland is a clickbaiter. Brode has said that Leader will be looked at in more detail, but that's as far as it's gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Is there an effective counter to Dracula/Infinaut/Ghost Rider/Death decks? They're all the rage right now and I don't have any of those cards

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Jedit posted:

Hoogland is a clickbaiter. Brode has said that Leader will be looked at in more detail, but that's as far as it's gone.

Yeah, when you say it will be in the next patch I am expecting tweets or Discord screenshots from somebody on the dev team. Otherwise it's just speculation and hearsay.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hobo Clown posted:

Is there an effective counter to Dracula/Infinaut/Ghost Rider/Death decks? They're all the rage right now and I don't have any of those cards

Winning the other two lanes usually works.

Tongue in cheek aside, Moon Knight and Maximus are both fair counters to Dracula. MK takes away the card he was holding, and Maximus adds cards to reduce the chance of Dracula hitting the Infinaut.

The other, slightly more complex counter to Dracula is Invisible Woman. If you put her and Shang-Chi in his Dracula lane, Shang will reveal after Dracula discards.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Jedit posted:

Winning the other two lanes usually works.

Tongue in cheek aside, Moon Knight and Maximus are both fair counters to Dracula. MK takes away the card he was holding, and Maximus adds cards to reduce the chance of Dracula hitting the Infinaut.

The other, slightly more complex counter to Dracula is Invisible Woman. If you put her and Shang-Chi in his Dracula lane, Shang will reveal after Dracula discards.

Haha I don't have Moon Knight, Maximus or Invisible Woman either. The matchmaking isn't very kind to new-ish players

I think the winning strategy here is to run away whenever it becomes obvious what they're doing

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hobo Clown posted:

Haha I don't have Moon Knight, Maximus or Invisible Woman either. The matchmaking isn't very kind to new-ish players

I think the winning strategy here is to run away whenever it becomes obvious what they're doing

That too. You really learn when to retreat once you get into series 3.

Infinaut and Death can still be ganked by Shang. It's usually good for Ghost Rider too.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I've been trying Hela decks with Invisible Woman and they feel extremely fragile and draw-dependant, as well as extremely easily counterable in a great variety of ways, including Enchantress, Cosmo or Rogue. I thought I'd enjoy the discard deck archetype but it doesn't feel consistent at all.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Tekopo posted:

I've been trying Hela decks with Invisible Woman and they feel extremely fragile and draw-dependant, as well as extremely easily counterable in a great variety of ways, including Enchantress, Cosmo or Rogue. I thought I'd enjoy the discard deck archetype but it doesn't feel consistent at all.

It's not consistent but it gets high rolls. I've been playing the last couple days and found that instead of only going for "safe" discards behind Invisible Woman, it can help to just clench your butt and let the discards fly. Drop that Blade T1 etc, and accept that sometimes you're gonna have to quickly bail and lose a cube.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I climbed the 50's in one evening with Hela Discard sort of by accident. Just playing games not really looking at rank.

The big thing was how poorly people played snaps. I mean I'm dropping invisible woman, I'm discarding cards left and right... What do people think is going to happen on turn 6?!

I'm sure at higher levels it's less effective because the opponent will just bail if you've got the nuts but it works a treat at lower tiers.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Xguard86 posted:

I climbed the 50's in one evening with Hela Discard sort of by accident. Just playing games not really looking at rank.

The big thing was how poorly people played snaps. I mean I'm dropping invisible woman, I'm discarding cards left and right... What do people think is going to happen on turn 6?!

I'm sure at higher levels it's less effective because the opponent will just bail if you've got the nuts but it works a treat at lower tiers.

You could be bluffing or something? I don't know, sometimes I play it out just to see. I do turn 6 Surfer drops so sometimes the math works in my favor.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Any good Agatha decks going around? I gave her a try now that I have Ghost Rider and it just feels bad? There's so many other ways to cheat out stats, that the chance to drop a 14 point body doesn't seem worth having your deck play itself like a loving idiot for 3-6 turns

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
A good Agatha deck is one run after hitting Infinite.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The basics of any Agatha deck are basically "create a ramp discard deck to get rid of her as quickly as possible and then play the game"

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Hobo Clown posted:

I’ve been running this the last few days in the high 90s (made it to 99.1 this morning before falling back to 98.0 :argh: my thoughts for how I lose:

1) you probably won’t see a lot of games played out against this deck if I don’t draw zabu. If it’s t5 and Zabu’s not in the board, consider snapping. Hopefully you will have a bunch more power on the board than me since I basically do nothing until t3 (or t4 if I miss zabu)

2) if you have a game where drac is on the board, zabu is on the board, and you’ve seen sif discard infinaut or death, consider retreating. This is basically a high roll for me. You can try to play cosmo if you have priority to block my ghost rider, or play aero on t6 to make me fill my lane so ghost rider won’t work. If I have priority of course you can play Shang chi where you think ghost rider is going.

3) I lost most to aero loving with my jubilee or ghost rider, enchantress or rogue wiping my zabu, or decks like ultron/patriot that pumps power across all three lanes without good Shang chi targets.

4) sometimes you’ll just win a coin flip on drac and win. It’s rare that I have one card left in hand and know exactly what I’m getting.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
Nearly back to back orka and m'baku in reserves, what are you doing to me game, ugh

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Orka is probably second worst card in game behind baron mordo. Just a weak card that doesnt work with any of the ongoing payoffs.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

No Wave posted:

Orka is probably second worst card in game behind baron mordo. Just a weak card that doesnt work with any of the ongoing payoffs.

Won't even work with m'baku smdh

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Quackles posted:

What deck are you running? I think my current Leader deck has lost some of its lustre now that Surfer and Patriot are all over.

Here you go!

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Iceman
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Polaris
# (3) Maximus
# (5) Leech
# (5) Aero
# (6) Leader
# (6) She-Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NvcnBpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1heGltdXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxlYWRlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWVybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUG9sYXJpcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV29sZnNiYW5lIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJY2VtYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxlZWNoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMaXphcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFybW9yIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGVIdWxrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdW5zcG90In1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I think the Leech is what saves me from turn six Surfer Shenanigans. I’ve gotten a lot of single cubes from folks who practically skip the first four turns and drop Sera on the fifth. Maximum on 4 and Leech on 5 is dastardly.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

People keep mentioning using Invisible Woman to protect Hela from being discarded but I don't get how it works (I don't have Invisible Woman so I can't try).

Invisible Woman stops a card from being revealed until the end of game, I get how that stops the discard and sets up the On Reveal, but how do you play Hela early on that row?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Because the discards dont happen until after you've played hela. IW -> sword master -> hell cow -> Hela all on the same lane.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Snuffman posted:

People keep mentioning using Invisible Woman to protect Hela from being discarded but I don't get how it works (I don't have Invisible Woman so I can't try).

Invisible Woman stops a card from being revealed until the end of game, I get how that stops the discard and sets up the On Reveal, but how do you play Hela early on that row?

You don't play Hela early, you play it into the Invisible lane on turn 6. Then at end of game, when things go off in played order, the discards go off first and Hela goes off last.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

End of Turn 4, I have one open space in the right lane, opponent has two.

We both Hobgoblin on T5. My Hobgoblin goes over, theirs does NOT. I think this is because pre-flip, there were no open slots on my side? Surprised me they got stuck with both Hobgoblins and retreated.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
You don’t even need to play hela in the IW lane at all if you don’t want to or can’t.

Actually I don’t remember now and I’m phone posting, maybe you do need to.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 26, 2023

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Kaddish posted:

You don’t even need to play hela in the IW lane at all if you don’t want to or can’t.

Actually I don’t remember now and I’m phone posting, maybe you do need to.

You do or it bonks.

Hit 99.1 earlier and just slid down to 96. Need to step away.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

JackDarko posted:

Here you go!

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Iceman
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Polaris
# (3) Maximus
# (5) Leech
# (5) Aero
# (6) Leader
# (6) She-Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2NvcnBpb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1heGltdXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxlYWRlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWVybyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUG9sYXJpcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV29sZnNiYW5lIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJY2VtYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxlZWNoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJMaXphcmQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFybW9yIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGVIdWxrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdW5zcG90In1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I think the Leech is what saves me from turn six Surfer Shenanigans. I’ve gotten a lot of single cubes from folks who practically skip the first four turns and drop Sera on the fifth. Maximum on 4 and Leech on 5 is dastardly.

Ahhh, yeah. Maybe I should put Leech back into my Leader deck.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Tekopo posted:

Also with Aero, Juggernaut, Debrii, Goblin, Hobgoblin, etc. etc.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
What were they thinking with this new location? It's literally "play Death for free"

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

doingitwrong posted:

The specific big cards are really up to collection and taste.

The main thing is Wave lets you go 6-5-6 where Electro enables 5-6-6. You almost never play Psylocke but she can rescue a moment that the other two don’t appear and go ugh-6-6 or 5-5-6.

Doom and Captain Marvel to deal with the various “can’t play here” locations but Vision would be good or even Ultron. Sunspot for if you have to skip a turn.

Yo this deck rules, thanks for posting. I was apoplectic after falling three ranks this morning trying to get a new Negative deck to work. Gave this a try and just busting fools left and right.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

First location reveals....Fisk Tower. Opponent plays Dagger there on turn 2.

I'm thinking, ok, let's see where this goes.

Second location is Xandar and third location is Mirror dimension which on turn 4 turns into....Fisk Tower. Dude's played Vulture and Doctor Strange at this point. Hell yeah I'm gonna snap. No way this is gonna go all 6 turns but if it is, I'm gonna get me 4.

Dude's been playing standard move cards including Kraven in Fisk Tower 1 and I just don't see what they're thinking. Turn 6 they play...Heimdall. Their entire board is loving destroyed in the move. I'm honestly a little dumbfounded at this. I really want to know what they thought would happen.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

RevKrule posted:

First location reveals....Fisk Tower. Opponent plays Dagger there on turn 2.

I'm thinking, ok, let's see where this goes.

Second location is Xandar and third location is Mirror dimension which on turn 4 turns into....Fisk Tower. Dude's played Vulture and Doctor Strange at this point. Hell yeah I'm gonna snap. No way this is gonna go all 6 turns but if it is, I'm gonna get me 4.

Dude's been playing standard move cards including Kraven in Fisk Tower 1 and I just don't see what they're thinking. Turn 6 they play...Heimdall. Their entire board is loving destroyed in the move. I'm honestly a little dumbfounded at this. I really want to know what they thought would happen.

Fisk tower and kingpin are my two favourite things and people always seem to forget or not realize the danger they are in. Kingpin on a T4 with wave on T5 and aero + free death on T6 where she yanks cards for kingpin to smash is my favourite play of all time.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Zodack posted:

What were they thinking with this new location? It's literally "play Death for free"

Are you implying that they generally consider the consequences of their actions?

By the way, I'm salty as gently caress at the company right now. I don't know if anybody recalls my little saga of not being able to play for the first 10 days of January, but in compensation they gave everybody affected a mighty 500 Gold. That's it. 500 gold. Less than $10 in the store. I didn't get any daily rewards, no daily credits, no daily quests, nothing of the sort for TEN FULL DAYS. Plus we were unable to get the Sunspot bundle if we wanted to, our store didn't update for weeks so we couldn't have bought any variants or anything from the collectors set. 500 Gold. And to top it all off, there wasn't even anything officially announced, they're suddenly claiming on Discord after enough of us asked about it that they gave it to us back on January 13th but they didn't decide to tell anybody that they gave it to us on January 13th until over a week later, so as far as I know it's just bullshit just shut us up and we never actually got anything because it was all bundled with whatever cashes we hadn't open previously, so there's absolutely no way for any of us to verify whether or not we got the 500 gold that they're saying we got.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 26, 2023

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

First location, Limbo. Cool. I'll get together some 7 turn scenarios with what I have.

Turn 3 location, this is a 4 turn game.

:smith:

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

New Leaf posted:

Are you implying that they generally consider the consequences of their actions?

By the way, I'm salty as gently caress at the company right now.

Hah, fair point. The thing is, without Death, I think the Destroy locations would be much more interesting, but the way it is why would you not pass up a better synergy for an already strong deck?

Also, that sucks. I read a state of the game they gave recently, and they were asked about your particular issue, and their response did seem pretty... underwhelming. Just a "we fixed it, email us" without directly addressing how disruptive it was.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

New Leaf posted:

By the way, I'm salty as gently caress at the company right now. I don't know if anybody recalls my little saga of not being able to play for the first 10 days of January, but in compensation they gave everybody affected a mighty 500 Gold. That's it. 500 gold. Less than $10 in the store. I didn't get any daily rewards, no daily credits, no daily quests, nothing of the sort for TEN FULL DAYS. Plus we were unable to get the Sunspot bundle if we wanted to, our store didn't update for weeks so we couldn't have bought any variants or anything from the collectors set. 500 Gold. And to top it all off, there wasn't even anything officially announced, they're suddenly claiming on Discord after enough of us asked about it that they gave it to us back on January 13th but they didn't decide to tell anybody that they gave it to us on January 13th until over a week later, so as far as I know it's just bullshit just shut us up and we never actually got anything because it was all bundled with whatever cashes we hadn't open previously, so there's absolutely no way for any of us to verify whether or not we got the 500 gold that they're saying we got.

To be honest 10 days without this game is a blessing, you should have taken the freedom and moved on

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Tender Bender posted:

To be honest 10 days without this game is a blessing, you should have taken the freedom and moved on

:agreed:

I hate that I gotta blast thru the missions as they pop up just need more credits to advance my CL!!!

Like some kind of drug fiend.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Absolutely my favorite move with the new location is if they don't clear it out to Armor it next turn and let it sit there. Sometimes people try to make it work by dropping Ironheart which just makes this even more chef's kiss because turn 6 is Enchantress my Armor then Killmonger as the last card.

8 cubes from someone who thought it was way more important to Iceman my Sentinel than clear out their rocks. They backed themselves into a corner by adding Ebony Maw on top of the Iceman forcing them to have to play Ironheart on the Superflow turn 4. They still thought it was worthwhile to snap back after I dropped Sera turn 4. I just don't get some people's logic in this game.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

New Leaf posted:

By the way, I'm salty as gently caress at the company right now.

I don't know how they handle their customer service but it doesn't help to push the issue. It sucks to have to jump through hoops like that but sometimes companies will give more to people who bother to write out a bit more of how they were impacted. They're just hoping most people will forget about it and keep playing/giving them money.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Zodack posted:

Ben Brode is the only man hornier for Death than Thanos.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Tender Bender posted:

Well, the addiction was fresh, I played in Beta and it didn't hook me, came back in early December and it got me good..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

The last month or so of Snap is really feeling like an excellent argument for not spending any more money on Snap, and this featured location is an exclamation point. gently caress me for not having Death I guess. At least I'm only down the cost of a couple battle passes.