Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

my costco had a 1.6kg block of paneer - vac sealed up one singular rectangle of 3 and half pounds of paneer - $20 Canadian.

I was not prepared to take the leap and buy 1.6kg of paneer that needs breaking down like a chicken lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

This is the brand my costco carries.

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/house-foods-organic-tofu%2C-firm%2C-16-oz%2C-4-ct.product.100343530.html

They also have the soft ones by the same brand.
Not shelf stable though

Same for mine, curious if there are regional variations or if they’ve ever carried the shelf stable ones

sexy tiger boobs posted:

If you're looking for cloth-like paper towels there's this other awesome product you should check out. They're called towels, made of cloth. You can wash em and reuse them too!

As a Swede I must point out that that you barbaric Americans (I’m now one too, I’m allowed to say that) need to learn about sponge cloths. I hate using towels for wiping up stuff because they get saturated and you just end up pushing water around. Sponge cloths are vastly superior because you can just wring them out and keep going.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

david_a posted:

Same for mine, curious if there are regional variations or if they’ve ever carried the shelf stable ones

As a Swede I must point out that that you barbaric Americans (I’m now one too, I’m allowed to say that) need to learn about sponge cloths. I hate using towels for wiping up stuff because they get saturated and you just end up pushing water around. Sponge cloths are vastly superior because you can just wring them out and keep going.

Hey everybody it's Vince here to the Shamwow!

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

david_a posted:

We have all of the above: Swedish dish cloths, kitchen towels, cloth napkins, Viva paper towels, and Wypalls, it just depends on the use. If I'm wiping up some wood stain then I'm using something disposable because I don't want to put that through my washer.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

That's too many kinds of towels, you need an intervention.

dms666
Oct 17, 2005

It's Playoff Beard Time! Go Pens!

david_a posted:

Has CostCo ever sold that shelf stable tofu that comes in little bricks? I usually get that because the amount of tofu in one package is more appropriate for how I use it. Would be nice to buy a 6 or 12 pack.

Edit: I think the brand I buy is Mori-Nu

I started to cube and freeze tofu so I always have it on hand, especially after buying the Costco 4-pack. It gives it a firmer texture with a more sponge-like structure.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

This is the brand my costco carries.

https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/house-foods-organic-tofu%2C-firm%2C-16-oz%2C-4-ct.product.100343530.html

They also have the soft ones by the same brand.
Not shelf stable though

Nope, mine carries nasoya tofu

Air frying tofu is the loving way to go tho

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

There are Wypalls, heavy duty paper towels, I've bought them for my lab before and have a box at home but yeah they're nowhere near as soft as Vivas.

Incidentally, when we moved last year we found a roll of Vivas that had been in a storage box from years before and the texture definitely has changed over time, less soft and absorbent.

Cool - that matches my memory of them, so it's nice to have validation. They're still pretty soft, to the point I will use them to clean my monitors and such, which I generally am too paranoid to do with regular paper towels.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

The Kirkland beach towels are good. They're huge and durable.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

sexy tiger boobs posted:

That's too many kinds of towels, you need an intervention.

Oh I also have microfiber towels.

That's not even counting the bathroom towels, the beach towels, the travel PackTowels...

I mean, remember what the Hitchhiker's guide says

“A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have”

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

david_a posted:

Has CostCo ever sold that shelf stable tofu that comes in little bricks? I usually get that because the amount of tofu in one package is more appropriate for how I use it. Would be nice to buy a 6 or 12 pack.

Edit: I think the brand I buy is Mori-Nu

I saw them once in Costco about a year ago and not since. The little sealed cardboard boxes? They were nice but insanely hard for me to open without damaging the tofu block.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

StormDrain posted:

Hey everybody it's Vince here to the Shamwow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zrm9tXifok

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

pentyne posted:

I saw them once in Costco about a year ago and not since. The little sealed cardboard boxes? They were nice but insanely hard for me to open without damaging the tofu block.

You have to follow their instructions very carefully, and even then there’s always a sliver that sticks to the package.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
The 4505 Chili Chicharrones are back in my store, and on sale ($5/bag). That's hard to beat. But has anyone that has gotten this fresh batch noticed that they are a little less seasoned? They are fresh, light, not all broken up yet, but there is noticeably less seasoning on them. They seem to be going pretty fast so I might stock up on a few bags.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

I didn't care for him wringing it out.

Well my work brought me by the same Costco where I bought shop lights last year so I popped in. I hadn't seen any at my local in a while that were simple chain pull plug in and this one had them last year, but not any more. Just those screw in expanding ones. Real disappointed, if they had them, I would have bought about 6 two packs.

SuicidalSmurf
Feb 12, 2002

After lurking this thread a long minute, picked myself up some Jongga kimchi on my last trip. Enjoying some delicious kimchi fried rice for dinner. I am a believer.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

SuicidalSmurf posted:

After lurking this thread a long minute, picked myself up some Jongga kimchi on my last trip. Enjoying some delicious kimchi fried rice for dinner. I am a believer.

:worship:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

And where do they keep the kimchi? That's another thing I haven't seen.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's in the refrigerated standing shelves. There's like the cheeses, the deli meats, your perogies, then the kimchi. Somewhere around there.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

So it's near the tofu I also couldn't find. I guess I didn't check that section as well as I thought.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Just means next time you go you're gonna have a bountiful harvest :yum:

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
kirkland almond milk tastes like something from The Giver

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Head Bee Guy posted:

kirkland almond milk tastes like something from The Giver

I would like you to elaborate on this.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

StormDrain posted:

I would like you to elaborate on this.

Either they mean the book, in which case it is an eye opening revelation after living a shuttered and insulated life, or they mean the person who had sex with Goatse Man, in which case they feel like the almond milk was produced from an exaggeratedly large penis.

teamdest
Jul 1, 2007
Gray, presumably? Devoid of love? Deeply symbolic?

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
Gray, drab, soulless

This: but as a drink

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

kntfkr posted:

It's in the refrigerated standing shelves. There's like the cheeses, the deli meats, your perogies, then the kimchi. Somewhere around there.

At my store it's closer to the meat, like where they have the Aidell's sausages and stuff

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Head Bee Guy posted:

Gray, drab, soulless

This: but as a drink

That's what I initially thought but maybe considered it was third eye opening.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It’s not consistently stocked from Costco to Costco. Of the several that I get to pick from based on whatever traffic is least lovely for the day only two of them regularly have kimchi.

On lucky days I get to visit the one that has both double-g kimchi and Vicolo corn meal pizza. Those days are rare though because the god of this world is a hateful god.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Head Bee Guy posted:

Gray, drab, soulless

I hate to be the one to keep breaking this to goons, but all almond milk is like 2 almonds per gallon, and the rest is chalk dust and gums to thicken it up.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

if it works it works

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I got an email from citi saying that since I had more than $300 in cash back I could do direct deposit instead of using it at a warehouse. Which is good, but also that's a lot of money spent :sweatdrop:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Cheaper than Disneyland with eight times the thrills and a shorter line to boot :colbert:

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

https://twitter.com/jackwitthausla/status/1617678126699655168

I used to live a couple blocks from a Costco (and across a busy street so not walkable), but this would be amazing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I used to live a couple blocks from a Costco (and across a busy street so not walkable), but this would be amazing.

This is actually a pretty good place for a Costco because it’s a pretty dead zone as far as costcos co in LA.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

You could introduce so much mixed-use housing density across the US with a trojan horse like this

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Dumb waiter glizzy

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

You could introduce so much mixed-use housing density across the US with a trojan horse like this

I'm a high quality person who lives above a Costco, not like that degenerate who lives above the Sams Club

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I lived on top of a QFC (Kroger) for 10 years and miss it *so loving much* now that the grocery store is a 10 minute walk away.

Mixed use housing everywhere please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Dumb waiter glizzy

:haibrower: