Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

I got an email from citi saying that since I had more than $300 in cash back I could do direct deposit instead of using it at a warehouse. Which is good, but also that's a lot of money spent :sweatdrop:

:same:

Just got mine too. $374.22. With over $300 you can go to the citi site/app and request direct deposit that way. That's pretty awesome. I don't like walking out of there with a $300+ cash in my wallet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Citi breakin me off over $600 :grin:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
That's such a great option. I'll be taking them up on it for my undisclosed amount greater than 300. Takes the pain off the mattress purchase.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Just air fried some of the bacon wrapped cheese jalapenos I got for a party from a few months back and froze.

I'm glad I forgot to serve them, they are no bueno.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Smugworth posted:

Just air fried some of the bacon wrapped cheese jalapenos I got for a party from a few months back and froze.

I'm glad I forgot to serve them, they are no bueno.

Agreed.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I thought they were fine but cooked them for like twice as long in a cast iron skillet in the oven until they were crispy for real. Definitely not good enough to buy instead of just making them

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I don’t know wtf I did last year but mines gonna be over $400, I remember previous years being in the 200s

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Food prices doubled

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
well when you put it that way it takes all the fun out of it

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I barely break even. I'm not as worthy as y'all.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i bought a casper costco matress yesterday purely because i knew i could take it back if it sucked

PokeJoe fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 27, 2023

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

thanks to the bed returner here for giving me the confidence to buy whatever and not give a poo poo

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

PokeJoe posted:

thanks to the bed returner here for giving me the confidence to buy whatever and not give a poo poo

I speak for both of us when I say you're welcome.

On that topic at a different Costco they had a display of various mattresses and I felt them, the one I liked and my wife said was too hard (Novaform) felt significantly softer in the small format. Even if we had felt it I bet she still would have been disappointed.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'm sorry your wife would have been disappointed no matter how hard it got

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

strangehamster posted:

Food prices doubled

Shan’t speculate

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
update on the tv install, costco takes no responsiblity because they contract with the third party, and the company Handy says since I didn't report it 72 hours after install I'm not eligible for a refund.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Soul Dentist posted:

I'm sorry your wife would have been disappointed no matter how hard it got

Something something small format also

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

pentyne posted:

update on the tv install, costco takes no responsiblity because they contract with the third party, and the company Handy says since I didn't report it 72 hours after install I'm not eligible for a refund.

Sorry or hear it OP. That’s android level customer satisfaction. Only a 43 incher too you weren’t exactly doing numbers. and they couldn’t be bothered to refund it. Chalking this up as a Costco fail

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

pentyne posted:

You waited three days to report a problem?

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Gaius Marius posted:

People are busy. This is a Costco mega fail and they should take responsibility

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wrong.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

The install was in March, it ripped out of the wall a few weeks ago.

Their rule is you have 72 hours after install to report an issue, and then nothing.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

3 days isn't very long that's too tight a timeline

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

pentyne posted:

Their rule is you have 72 hours after install to report an issue, and then nothing.

Which credit card did you use?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I didn't pay you for a 3 day warranty. If that's all your work is worth you didn't do poo poo come fix it you grifter

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

strangehamster posted:

Which credit card did you use?

just a personal card

Lesson learned, Handy as a company is basically 100% great job or 0% trash because they just throw out the gigs to whoever they can find as quickly as possible. Sometimes it's someone who's put up hundreds of TVs, others it'll be a guy who shows up without the correct tools to even to it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

pentyne posted:

I'm lookin' at your posts, so they didn't push it in the studs and months latter it crashed and hosed up your TV? Keep hounding the Install place, Costco can't will install places into existence and must use whatever exists in a region, but they obviously shouldn't have hosed up that bad. A literal child could've understood that the Mount needs to be in the studs to maintain stablity. Chargeback your card if you can, they might scoff at a single person but Citi or MC is a whole different ballgame for a business.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Costco says they specifically do not refund a TV for any physical damage.

It's a poo poo situation but I'm lucky it was only $300 and not like $2k for a 4k OLED and had this happened.

Gonna keep calling up the companies and complain as much as I can, see how escalated it gets. There's no way Costco doesn't deal with complaints from people with Handy installs on a regular basis, there's literally a 1:1 rate of 5 star and 1 star reviews.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 27, 2023

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Credit cards usually have damage insurance, I’ve used it on my Chase cards.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Anyone try this?

https://old.reddit.com/r/Costco/comments/10dnjnd/the_costco_hot_dog_chicken_bake_an_experience/

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

It’s not an experience until you wrap a pizza around that :colbert:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

If you look at my rear end in a top hat a little it will wink and you can taste it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gape that bake

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Last year I cleared $875 in rebate cash after using it for all my new appliances and virtually all spending at any store on it.

Thought I dialed way back this year but apparently I’m getting $850 this year.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Looks like I'm getting about 65 bucks again this year. I'm a membership pays for itself kinda guy. :)

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

This very thread came up with that idea like a year or two ago! :mad:

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

FCKGW posted:

This very thread came up with that idea like a year or two ago! :mad:

My bad. I only started following this topic recently.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Thanks for joining us tonight in sunny Los Anngullis C A for your new favorite daytime celebrity trivia prank show:

Chinatown posted:

Gape! That! Bake!

Our first contestant is Richard from Big Fort Bottom, Missouri, and Boy! does he look excited to be here with us today. Tell us Dick, for $1.50 and a free refill, how you would:

Chinatown posted:

Gape! That! Bake!

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

I got an email from citi saying that since I had more than $300 in cash back I could do direct deposit instead of using it at a warehouse. Which is good, but also that's a lot of money spent :sweatdrop:

Yeah I just got that email too. Is this a new thing this year? This is the first time I’ve received over $300 in rewards.

In any case, I’m glad I don’t have to redeem the rewards in cash. PBUC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
In 2020 I had a sizable rebate check and had it in cash at the end of February. I ended up with like $600 in my wallet until like, 2021.