Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkMatt
Nov 3, 2010
At T16 and haven't done challenge rifts or set dungeons at all. Are those worth doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

DarkMatt posted:

I also dunno how you get the double primal drops and my best guess is "you gotta collect them all!"

It's got to be having them all as there's only 29 unlock conditions listed. Also whose idea was it to label the potions AA/AB/AC like an excel spreadsheet :goonsay:

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I wonder how early you can access it, it would be nice to have 0 level requirements so I can level up faster without having to ask for a powerlevel.

Assuming it's even available before level 70 you'd have to have a flawless diamond to unlock a second power, so somewhere in the 20s. Which is pretty good compared to 40+ for the usual -req legendary fishing. A third power requires DBs that don't drop until 61+ and GR Keys that are 70 exclusive, so no help there.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

quote:

At the Blacksmith, you can now salvage a Primal Item for 55 Primordial Ashes. We have also added a Primal Item recipe to Kanai’s Cube—it will cost 100 Primordial Ashes and any non-crafted Legendary Item.

Daaaaaamn.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

DarkMatt posted:

At T16 and haven't done challenge rifts or set dungeons at all. Are those worth doing?
The challenge rift is a thing you can do weekly for some bounty mats and other stuff; it's particularly useful at season start since you can cube a couple powers immediately.

Set dungeons are only worth doing for the season journey step unless you really want the cosmetic rewards for doing all of them. They vary in difficulty, but are generally actually harder with T16-caliber gear because they don't scale.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
sometimes i imagine what d3 would have become if they'd just kept adding content to it like 4 years ago

also lowkey this seems like a bunch of reused stuff from a scrapped premium pass that got made into an event or something, particularly the pet autopickup/autosalvage stuff. whatever the case, cool to see D3 getting new stuff

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 27, 2023

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Herstory Begins Now posted:

sometimes i imagine what d3 would have become if they'd just kept adding content to it like 4 years ago

also lowkey this seems like a bunch of reused stuff from a scrapped premium pass that got made into an event or something, particularly the pet autopickup/autosalvage stuff. whatever the case, cool to see D3 getting new stuff
The real problem with this stuff is that I'm going to want it for forever.

...although I guess this season will probably last until D4 comes out, at which point D3 likely never receives another meaningful update.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

bio347 posted:

Eyeballing it, trap DH is just gonna use 2pc Shadow and be another Strafe build, which seems lame.

What advantage would a trap DH have to using Strafe.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Agreed. Makes sense to change nat's because it didn't really make sense since GoD came out and make it look even worse. Also thematically Nat was an assassin in D2 so it's perfect for being a trap set. I'm interested to try it. I wish they would let you start with a level 70 on ptr, it's kinda silly they haven't changed that ever. Why should I have to level up for an hour or two just to test stuff for you? C'mon dummies.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

You can import your level 70 characters to PTR. They won't be seasonal so you can't check out the artifact weapons primordial ashes but you can still experiment with the set and item changes.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

What advantage would a trap DH have to using Strafe.
Mostly it's one of the few skills you can use with S2 and hits rapidly to set and trigger the traps.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It all depends on how Nat's 2pc actually interacts with traps but I think the play will probably be to do something like runing Custom Trigger with S2 and Bolas/Grenades plus Hunter's Wrath. Then in your mainhand you wear uhhh Echoing Fury? Doesn't really matter. If each Hellcat Waistguard bounce lays a trap then that would be bonkers, too. My feeling is that Strafe won't be that great for putting out traps without the pierce rune and the seasonal crucible effect. Chances are they just find a way to make you use bows, though.

exquisite tea fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jan 27, 2023

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Looked at the notes again. What does this mean?

Gain passability.

Walk through enemies and objects without collision?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Suburban Dad posted:

Looked at the notes again. What does this mean?

Gain passability.

Walk through enemies and objects without collision?

And wallers walls

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

big cummers ONLY posted:

Hmm the prospect of being able to craft a full set of literally perfect primal gear might get me back in... maybe. I don't know what the gently caress they can do for me after that without deciding to actually make more real content, which is not a reasonable expectation, even if it was a company that was not on fire all the time

Bad news: you can't do this. You can only wear one of the crafted ones, makes it sanctified kinda like the current season. This is probably fine IMO. Still I think it'll be cool if you can get double primal drops by filling out everything.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
I think this will bring me back for the season. I wonder if this will be the last season update before D4 releases, which would make sense since they seem to be going whole hog on this update.

Either way, hyped if for no other reason than Natalya's is finally maybe going to be good to play.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

drat, that looks like a fun season. Lots of unlocks to work towards for improving QoL and helping with progression.

poo poo like "Pets collect DBs and progression orbs" should have been in the game for years, but they'll probably keep some of the things for future seasons, like they did with the ashes. It'll suck to lose them otherwise.

Having pets disenchant sub-legendaries on the go is awesome as well.

Sounds super interesting for sure.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Suburban Dad posted:

Bad news: you can't do this. You can only wear one of the crafted ones, makes it sanctified kinda like the current season. This is probably fine IMO. Still I think it'll be cool if you can get double primal drops by filling out everything.

Well it was fun to think about

Lycentia
Jul 30, 2009

It's the suit.
Pets autocollecting more things is great, now make all jewelry drop with a socket, and make every door destructible by damage so spin barb never has to stop for anything.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
drat, that's more than I was expecting for a new season. Would be a fine send-off before they switch to maintenance mode for real, even.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah it's a surprising amount of content, that one intern must have been busy!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

D3 is Blizzard’s only remaining property that hasn’t turned into a total trashfire so giving it any more attention could only make it worse.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Blizzard has been total rear end the past few years so them not messing with D3 too much is alright with me

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
This season looks cool as hell! Now watch them assign the worst Conquests.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Field Mousepad posted:

Blizzard has been total rear end the past few years so them not messing with D3 too much is alright with me

I enjoyed leveling and some light gearing in the new WoW expansion. Dragon riding is p cool. Just not enough to renew this month, but still

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

D2R has delivered too. They've added an interesting feature that breaks immunities along with a rotating zone that scales to character level. Was a really nifty season for a 20 year old game.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

I enjoyed leveling and some light gearing in the new WoW expansion. Dragon riding is p cool. Just not enough to renew this month, but still

I was about to resub but it looked kinda meh. I started playing Star wars the old Republic and it's scratching that itch for me

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If they were smart, they'd do one more Season after this, and it would have ALL the Seasonal stuff. Extra slot in the Cube, Sanctified gear, free RORG effect, OP Inna Pets, all of it.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Bit that diablo levelling was hard but +200 damage plus no level reqs plus whatever else seems insane for alts if you don't just plevel them

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

If they were smart, they'd do one more Season after this, and it would have ALL the Seasonal stuff. Extra slot in the Cube, Sanctified gear, free RORG effect, OP Inna Pets, all of it.

There are enough fun seasonal concepts that they could keep rotating around the best 9-10 ideas every few months into perpetuity from now on.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

exquisite tea posted:

There are enough fun seasonal concepts that they could keep rotating around the best 9-10 ideas every few months into perpetuity from now on.

I think that's what is going to happen. Easy peasy and satisfies those who aren't interested in D4.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

idk, Blizzard seems to be much more desperate for money now. I don't think Diablo 3 will stay available for long once Diablo 4 comes out. I think if they forced people to upgrade or not play at all, enough people would just upgrade. They did that with Overwatch after all.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
blizzard's just a total mess in general. who wouldn't just take an offer to work at riot instead - and you know it's bad when riot appears like a more attractive workplace

i'm not a riot fan, but they seem to have their business model sorted out without any looming acquisition rumours. oh, and they're working on their own arpg, so i'm sure they got some serious talent for that as well

hopefully the survival game blizzard's working on turns out to be good; employees at the company seem to love it. hopefully it'll be set in its own world, because blizzard don't seem to know what to do with any of their established universes and characters

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I suppose I could setting for an arpg with up to 30% less sexual assault involved in making it.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

A Moose posted:

idk, Blizzard seems to be much more desperate for money now. I don't think Diablo 3 will stay available for long once Diablo 4 comes out. I think if they forced people to upgrade or not play at all, enough people would just upgrade. They did that with Overwatch after all.

Pretty sure the original (not d2r) servers are still going. No way they shut it down but no longer doing content I can see and just rotating themes.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Heroes of the Storm is still running and has been in maintenance mode since last year.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
i got a friend who is hyped for d4, says it looks real good. I'm not sure how to come to any conclusion about it based on the stuff that's released other then: sounds like it has been a rough ride for its development and part of me hopes it's another nail in the coffin for the sexual assault company

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
I downloaded D3, might give it a go still but my motivation was severely dampened by no one in Australia playing the game lmao. There were 3 or 4 people playing adventure mode or whatever. They really hosed that game and no matter how good it is now, path of exile is just there

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
99.9% of all players are level 70 and in Torment 16. That's true of any region.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Are presents gone? We just did 2 dozen ancient Vaults and noone got a single gift in a group of 4 on the switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
RNG man. RNG.