Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Robo Reagan posted:

three of the guns from this dude were used to try an kill politicians and two were successful lol
but NONE were accidental discharges!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
I heard on NPR they plan to release the body cam footage tomorrow night.

Even though the cops have been arrested, I don’t think they thought through releasing the footage on a Friday afternoon/evening.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
What do you mean? The cops get weekend overtime and maybe a little bit of property damage to get some increased budget next year sounds good.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chief McHeath posted:

I heard on NPR they plan to release the body cam footage tomorrow night.

Even though the cops have been arrested, I don’t think they thought through releasing the footage on a Friday afternoon/evening.

That oughta be fun.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

About 12 years ago, I was leaving my second job in the next town over and just before city limits where it turns to 55mph, a cop from my town pulled out of a bank in front of me. Nothing seemed odd until he took off like a bat out of hell as soon as the limit changed. It was just after they got the updated Chargers in 2011 so I don't know if he was just seeing what it would do or what, but for the entire 10-mile stretch, I paced him from about 3 car lengths at 100-110mph (110-120 indicated) on my Triumph and it was loving awesome. I'm really glad he didn't do this.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Maybe this time… things will change

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
all pigs are violent psychopaths

APAVP

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ok that’s two things we gotta do:

1) Law Enforcment reform movement
2) Land reform movement

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

i really wanted to play devils advocate here and say that the motorcycle wasn’t keeping enough room between himself and the pig but gently caress that the cop clearly acted like he was changing lanes

tbqh cops tailgate me all the time and I’m not afraid to lightly brake check them. like just enough to piss them off

Bouillon Rube fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jan 27, 2023

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The Tyre Nichols video is getting released Friday at 7 pm ET and apparently it’s horrific how the cops beat him to death.

Joe Biden will give the police more money and keep licking their assholes. Very normal country!

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

They need more money, how else can they afford to train them not to beat people to death?

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Yeah, lovely places with the more lovely cops will have them get in front of motorcycles to pull them over because it's easier to make them crash into you than to PIT them, also they will never outperform a decent motorcycle and will inevitably wreck when trying to outstunt a two-wheeler.

Still, biker didn't even hit brake, or he would have been launched off the ride and onto copcar. It sucks when lovely motorcycle riders do things like this, but also kind of expected; which is why I'm not inclined to ride anymore.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

"I really wish we could renovate the community center and build a new complex to help the homeless here."

"Sorry, we have to pay millions of dollars in lawsuits because of murderous cops and millions more for security and the national guard when people get pissed at said cops"

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mistle posted:

Yeah, lovely places with the more lovely cops will have them get in front of motorcycles to pull them over because it's easier to make them crash into you than to PIT them, also they will never outperform a decent motorcycle and will inevitably wreck when trying to outstunt a two-wheeler.

Still, biker didn't even hit brake, or he would have been launched off the ride and onto copcar. It sucks when lovely motorcycle riders do things like this, but also kind of expected; which is why I'm not inclined to ride anymore.

Looks like he brakes at around 10 seconds, I dunno if that's the maximum braking he could've done, I don't trust anything with two wheels.

quote:

Jury acquits Pawtucket police officer in shooting of teen driver

WARWICK - After a week of testimony, a jury took about three hours Thursday to acquit off-duty Pawtucket police officer Daniel Dolan of all charges that he unjustly shot a teenager outside a West Greenwich pizzeria in 2021.

Dolan faced three felony counts of assault with a deadly weapon and a fourth count of discharging a gun while committing a crime following his encounter with Vincent and two friends outside the Wicked Good Pizza shop on Nooseneck Hill Road on a Wednesday evening in June.

Minutes earlier that night, Vincent, then 18, was behind the wheel of a black Audi that screamed passed Dolan on his way home to Coventry on nearby Interstate 95, the car using the breakdown lane to pass other vehicles.

Vincent, heading to the pizzeria with two friends to pick up a pre-ordered "meat-lovers" pie before it closed, was traveling between 108 and 126 mph on one highway section, according to a state police review of highway video.

Dolan testified he only pursued the car after he turned off the highway at his usual exit, Nooseneck Hill Road, and saw the car again in the distance.

Earlier in the week he took the stand in his own defense and said he wanted to have a “fatherly chat” with the occupants about their dangerous driving.

But the encounter immediately escalated when Vincent wouldn’t obey orders to stop from this man approaching them, dressed in street clothes and holding a badge of some kind. Vincent said he didn't know Dolan was a police officer or if the badge he held was real.
It evolved into a matter of self-defense, Dolan testified, after Vincent backed away from him and then “bumped” him with the front of the car. That’s when Dolan shot Vincent with his .40 caliber pistol through the driver’s window, smashing his upper arm.

Last March, Coventry police also arrested Dolan on domestic disorderly and vandalism charges. They charged that he grabbed his 10-year-old son by the neck and pushed him outside to get to school, then with the family in a car, threw a toy hard enough to break the windshield. Prosecutors dropped the charges days later.
https://turnto10.com/news/local/jur...lan-jan-26-2023

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

mobby_6kl posted:

Looks like he brakes at around 10 seconds, I dunno if that's the maximum braking he could've done, I don't trust anything with two wheels.

https://turnto10.com/news/local/jur...lan-jan-26-2023

quote:

Earlier in the week he took the stand in his own defense and said he wanted to have a “fatherly chat” with the occupants about their dangerous driving.

quote:

Last March, Coventry police also arrested Dolan on domestic disorderly and vandalism charges. They charged that he grabbed his 10-year-old son by the neck
HMMM

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

mobby_6kl posted:

My guess is you don't want a hard brake going 65-75 because, you know, physics.
If you keep an eye on the video, guy starts decelerating and was doing about 40-50 right before the crash.

He was easing into a brake trying to figure what the car was doing when the car just stopped.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

drat, I didn't know the speed limit was over 80 in some places.

40-0 in a split second could definitely gently caress you up for good.

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jan 27, 2023

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Bikes will always kill you given the opportunity. That's why they're cool.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Doctor Butts posted:

to be fair 80 on a speedometer is probably like 72-74 mph in real life depending on the bike

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Mistle posted:

Are you serious? It's a Yamaha R3 without huge double disc fronts, he did ease into braking because he couldn't figure out that he was about to be brake checked into oblivion (note that the cop car appears to be moving back into the right lane when the sirens go on); absolutely an intentional crash by the pig and no use of the words "lovely motorcycle rider" are fair here. That cop created the situation 100%.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Doctor Butts posted:

Pretty sure 70 is the highest interstate speed in Florida. And he didn't slow down until the brake and siren lights turn on.

Drive defensive and especially if you suspect the poo poo driver is a cop.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

FoolyCharged posted:

As much as I dislike cops, trying to justify lower salaries for people because they can work an ungodly amount of overtime is kind of lovely. If you're working that many hours over 40 a week you should be compensated for it. Their pay is still way too high, but overtime shouldn't be a factor in that because that's just shooting yourself in the foot when you should be getting that deal too.
Cops are not workers, they are the goons of capital. HTH

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Phuzun posted:

Pretty sure 70 is the highest interstate speed in Florida. And he didn't slow down until the brake and siren lights turn on.

Drive defensive and especially if you suspect the poo poo driver is a cop.

once again 80 is probably like 72 because speedo's are built to read high. cop changes lane, brake checks biker and then accelerates and THEN fake changes lane and emergency stops. he's actively trying to kill someone.

even if speedo is accurate it's not ok to try to commit murder over 10mph speeding lol. that's like send a ticket in the post offence at best.

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 27, 2023

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

cat botherer posted:

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

cat botherer posted:

Well why do they have a union then?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

cat botherer posted:

cops are workers and all workers should have the same rights as they do

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

InsertPotPun posted:

nah

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Well why do they have a union then?

So they can get away with murdering actual workers

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Union orgs told the cops to gently caress all the way off in the early days of their concerted unionization efforts.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

InsertPotPun posted:

what cops are is a systemic plague that needs to end

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
As an example of how systemically slimy cops are worldwide, here in Ontario (not the USA but barely) they're legally prohibited from forming a union.

So they called it an 'Association' instead.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So about the 6-year-old that brought a gun to school.

No. The other one. The father was charged with child neglect.

quote:

Homestead Kindergarten student found with gun in backpack, father facing felony charge

A South Florida father is facing a felony charge after his 6-year-old daughter brought a gun to school.

According to Homestead police, officers responded to the Keys Gate Charter School, located at 2000 SE 28th Ave. after administrators were alerted about a student who was found with a gun.

Police said it was a Kindergarten student and that the firearm was found in the child’s backpack.

Investigators determined the father of the child, 39-year-old Reginald McCoy, put the gun in the backpack and forgot it was in there when the student was brought to school, police said.
https://www.local10.com/news/local/...k&ICID=ref_fark

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Whoops, haha! Gun, sandwich, I get them mixed up all the time I mean who doesn't

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

If you think THAT'S easy, don't even ask how easy it is to mix up with a Knuckle Sandwich!

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
sometimes the kitchen counter gun goes in the lunch box just like sometimes I stick my shower gun in my rear end while bathing. oops!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

cat botherer posted:

That's my point. There are plenty of reasons to lambast them without treating overtime pay as a baseline. Anyone that logs a fair bit more than 40 per week should be doing well cash wise and lambasting the cops for it just harms everyone else's ability to fight for the right not to slave away in the workplace for most of their lives.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Look, it's easy to joke about, but making sure that you always have a gun within arms reach takes a lot of effort. I mean, what are you going to do - let yourself be in a situation where you don't have a gun available every minute of every day? Madness!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Look, it's easy to joke about, but making sure that you always have a gun within arms reach takes a lot of effort. I mean, what are you going to do - let yourself be in a situation where you don't have a gun available every minute of every day? Madness!

Right? You never know when you might need to just start blasting

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You can never tell when urban crime will strike out here on the farm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

mobby_6kl posted:

Right? You never know when you might need to just start blasting

Frank Reynolds is THE true American.