Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

:dafuq:

Oh, hurtling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

credburn posted:

Every rootin tootin red blooded american yeehaw knows how to cook bacon pew pew

the ironic thing is that they probably just slap it in a pan and go to town which is the worst way to do it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TK-42-1 posted:

the ironic thing is that they probably just slap it in a pan and go to town which is the worst way to do it

:jerkbag:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

TK-42-1 posted:

?

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

TK-42-1 posted:

Everyone knows you have to weave it in to a giant blanket that you wrap around your epic mealtime super deluxe ultra cheesy bussy burger.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You've clearly never had to fight back the need to swear or have an aneurysm because the person who asked for help isn't retaining a single thing you've explained to them, insists it's "TOO HAAAARD!" and is clearly hoping you'll do it for them step-by-step rather than show any initiative of their own.

Or even easier, playing dumb to get out of extra work because you *know* accepting will get said work permanently assigned to you forever

TK-42-1 posted:

Baking sheet, 425 in the oven for 18-20 minutes, with some brown sugar sprinkled on top

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Baking sheet, 425 in the oven for 18-20 minutes, with some brown sugar sprinkled on top

Even better if you do it on a cooling rack so the fat renders out instead of frying it

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I fry it in a pan so I can later pan-fry my burgers in bacon fat

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Cooling rack over a lipped baking sheet so you can strain all the liquid fat into a container to use for cooking other things

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

uh, you fools, you're supposed to Bake it! Its literally got the instructions right in the name!

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

PainterofCrap posted:

I fry it in a pan on a griddle so I can later pan-fry my burgers in bacon fat

^^
Also toast the buns in bacon fat.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Atticus_1354 posted:

Everyone knows you have to weave it in to a giant blanket that you wrap around your epic mealtime super deluxe ultra cheesy bussy burger.

People remember the Meatship in this forum, right?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
this thread isn't kosher

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Well thanks for the Jon Secada Rabbit whole. Who knew that man was cuban and that Gloria Estefan sung back up vocals. The more you know.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You've clearly never had to fight back the need to swear or have an aneurysm because the person who asked for help isn't retaining a single thing you've explained to them, insists it's "TOO HAAAARD!" and is clearly hoping you'll do it for them step-by-step rather than show any initiative of their own.

I used to be very pedagogical and always showed my coworkers how to do [task], but since no one seems to be able to retain knowledge about even the most basic stuff, in the long run it's faster for me to do it as fast as I can, because I *will* have to do it again and again and again even if I try to explain.

I call this "the grandma theorem".

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Pedagogical is showing them how to do it, Androgogical is letting it not get done

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Grassy Knowles posted:

Pedagogical is showing them how to do it, Androgogical is letting it not get done

Ephebogogical is being a libertarian

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Data Graham posted:

:dafuq:

Oh, hurtling

I assumed they were from New England.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

captainOrbital posted:

I assumed they were from New England.

New England isn't real

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

TK-42-1 posted:

ok, the second worst way to do it

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Kheldarn posted:

New England isn't real

Tell me about it: It's been hundreds of years! Call it something more accurate, like England Jr, or Old as Balls England

marshmallow creep has a new favorite as of 19:26 on Jan 27, 2023

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
When we get another new England New England will become England and England will be Old England. After that, though, we get Neo England, Post England, and 3ngLanD before the next shift.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Lobok posted:

A cicada is fine every day except Saturday.
A Secada is fine as hell every day but it's just another day without youuu

I keep kosher, so Iiii’m freeeee to bathe in G-d’s light

Wait, how much hot sauce is that now? It’s not 2/3 cups…

root beer has a new favorite as of 19:53 on Jan 27, 2023

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Mindless posted:

When we get another new England New England will become England and England will be Old England. After that, though, we get Neo England, Post England, and 3ngLanD before the next shift.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

It's a floating point precision thing. Computers are not actually as good with numbers as we're led to believe.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I think there has to be some floating point fuckery, possibly combined with signed values and formatting that strips the sign. Basically an amateur hour hat trick.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
not as bad as pokemon calculator, though

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah, it's more likely -0.66666668653488 cups

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Even with 32 bit arithmetic you should get more accuracy than that, right?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

If it's a buffalo sauce that seems like the right amount of Franks.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

i slurp down cold slimy bacon strips uncooked

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The recipe calls for

--------------------------

cups of hot sauce.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It was trying to calculate 9.625 cubic inches of hot sauce and got mixed up

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

koshmar posted:

If it's a buffalo sauce that seems like the right amount of Franks.

Yeah what the gently caress it's a god dang wing sauce what else would you use?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Mindless posted:

*laughing in NSWish*

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

obligatory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOBhf8f7cXM&t=130s

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Soul Dentist posted:

Yeah what the gently caress it's a god dang wing sauce what else would you use?

Even if I’m using my own peppers for a sauce, if it’s going on any kind of wing it still gets Franks.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

PainterofCrap posted:

I fry it in a pan so I can later pan-fry my burgers in bacon fat

Best tip I ever learned for this (if you like it crispy) is cover it in water and let the fat render and then just cook as normal when the water boils off.

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

Soul Dentist posted:

Oh you mean St. Louis cut:

This isn't "St. Louis cut" bagels. It's one restaurant that does this by request (Panera a.k.a. Saint Louis Bread Co.), cutting bagels this way to serve at offices/workplaces with a variety of flavored cream cheeses.

And St. Louis style pizza is delicious, idk why we get such vitriol when there's things like tomato pie out there. poo poo I would even enjoy tomato pie bc I appreciate all pizzas instead of being a loving whiny hater :colbert:

new boot goofin has a new favorite as of 03:06 on Jan 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
We can all agree that the absolute worst is from Pennsylvania: either Pittsburgh cold cheese pizza or Altoona pizza