Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is Wolf Knight Yunaka worth trading away the Covert type for the extra move and second weapon? My gut says stick with Thief but maybe Yunaka could do some good with a Killer weapon thanks to her personal skill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Harrow posted:

Is Wolf Knight Yunaka worth trading away the Covert type for the extra move and second weapon? My gut says stick with Thief but maybe Yunaka could do some good with a Killer weapon thanks to her personal skill?

Just give Yunaka your boots, then she has the extra move without losing covert.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Sydin posted:

Kinda cheesy but I ended up beating it by having Louis engaged with Sigurd just march down by himself tanking ballista shots (he took 1-2 damage per) until they ran out of ammo or he killed the marksman, then move everybody else up. You also don't need to deal with the last ballista if you don't want to: get somebody in range of Leif and he will run out and away from his group of friends to solo you, at which point you can dogpile him before the next enemy phase.

I managed to do it through a mixture of Astra Storm and my Paladin Goldmary with Sigurd either running down at the seige weapons or tanking it alongside Panette + Ike. Paladin Goldmary and Sigurd are turning out to be extremely absurd as with the Starsphere on her, Goldmary has gotten multiple levels where she gains every stat but two. I had to go down to my last time rewind for Leif but I managed. Him and Eirika definitely have some of the hardest paralogues.

I’m unsure if I should reclass Panette into Warrior or keep her in Berserker. S rank axes seem cool but she’s already hit caps in Dex and Defense and she probably could be getting more levels elsewhere. She’s already nearing level 20 in Berserker so I don’t know.

EDIT: I forgot to include this tweet:

https://twitter.com/branmci/status/1618744655851700225?s=46&t=VP_VYnKlyoRkDIhfGe31rQ

Alear do be suffering.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Eimi posted:

Just give Yunaka your boots, then she has the extra move without losing covert.

True, though the ability to give her a Killer weapon as a Wolf Knight is the main draw

I did already get Canter on her so her mobility isn't really a huge concern as it is :v:

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

jimmydalad posted:

I managed to do it through a mixture of Astra Storm and my Paladin Goldmary with Sigurd either running down at the seige weapons or tanking it alongside Panette + Ike. Paladin Goldmary and Sigurd are turning out to be extremely absurd as with the Starsphere on her, Goldmary has gotten multiple levels where she gains every stat but two. I had to go down to my last time rewind for Leif but I managed. Him and Eirika definitely have some of the hardest paralogues.

I’m unsure if I should reclass Panette into Warrior or keep her in Berserker. S rank axes seem cool but she’s already hit caps in Dex and Defense and she probably could be getting more levels elsewhere. She’s already nearing level 20 in Berserker so I don’t know.

I just unlocked the S Rank axe and it's like, fine, but I don't think it's better than a fully forged Killer Axe and going for max crits. And especially if paired with Ike, Urvan is stronger than the S Rank.

Dave Matthews Big Fan!
Nov 10, 2009
I personally could never give up covert on yunaka, pairing with corrin and getting the avoid bonus anywhere on the map is kinda insane. she can aggro half the map and hold them at a chokepoint like no one else

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I managed to beat Leif's paralogue by using Ivy/Celica to Warp Ragnarok to the ballista by him, and then aggroing his mage knights with my flying squadron and retreating. Once aggroed, he'd plod across the map to the upper left corner where the rest of my army was waiting, after taking one ballista hit and noping the gently caress out. I missed out on some of the loot, but it was worth it because I started attacking the fort once he was close enough to my main front, which caused him to blow up the bridge he had just crossed, trapping him on my side.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

RuBisCO posted:

I just unlocked the S Rank axe and it's like, fine, but I don't think it's better than a fully forged Killer Axe and going for max crits. And especially if paired with Ike, Urvan is stronger than the S Rank.

Coolio, changing her into a Warrior then. Thanks for the heads up~

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I just beat the Leif paralogue by tanking each individual balista one by one. I lost most of the items (the speedwing especially hurt) but eh.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

lmao but also this is a thing that Gamestop has been doing since basically forever, like they pulled this poo poo on me back in 2005 with KH2. They will never not take a pre-order because it's revenue, and since their inventory system is unified the excuse is usually that oh well we can just look up other stores in the area that do still have stock and transfer your pre-order there.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I truly live up to my username sometimes. I finished the game. Yunaka got 19 mvps, and then during the character card outros I wanted a short pause but hit the + button instead of home and it skipped everything and force closed the software
My last save is the pre battle autosave... I guess i'll redo the battle tomorrow.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

The Chapter 10 track (Tear Streaked) is an all-time banger for sure.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Finally finished the game, I really didn't want it to end. I made fun of the story/chars so much when I started but goddamn it won me over. Chapters 20+ especially are so good map/strategy wise. A+ game will definitely be in my top 10.

Kale
May 14, 2010

You gotta love how Nintendo has the Japanese video game market so on lockdown that the only thing that can drop a major Nintendo game release out of the #1 bestseller slot after weeks is another major Nintendo release. Their brand conciousness on overdrive culture really creates some unique charts between regions in basically all media. Japan it just seems like Nintendo then a drop then Square Enix then a drop then maybe some specific Capcom and Sega franchise then a massive drop than basically everything else.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

This was try #2, and the previous attempt was about as long.

When did Tiki become British

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ajkalan posted:

When did Tiki become British

the instant she got a voice actor, in awakening

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

the instant she got a voice actor, in awakening

Checked a Youtube video and I'll be damned, I don't remember that at all.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

So this game looks really nice from a graphics/gameplay perspective, I watched the first 20 minutes or so and the writing and character voices were pretty intolerable. I immediately understand what the comparisons to a Saturday Morning Cartoon were based in.

Now that the game's been out for a week, do folks generally feel like the gameplay is good enough to make up for that? The thread seems pretty positive so far. I liked Awakenings well enough, and Three Houses up until the Academy got too repetitive and the plot floundered

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the plot/writing is good. the initial cast of characters are just kind of some of the weaker ones. they do a good job integrating the gameplay and plot together and as it goes on it becomes a pretty fun adventure story. i mean it still never get deep but it doesnt stay at that intro tone.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Tender Bender posted:

So this game looks really nice from a graphics/gameplay perspective, I watched the first 20 minutes or so and the writing and character voices were pretty intolerable. I immediately understand what the comparisons to a Saturday Morning Cartoon were based in.

Now that the game's been out for a week, do folks generally feel like the gameplay is good enough to make up for that? The thread seems pretty positive so far. I liked Awakenings well enough, and Three Houses up until the Academy got too repetitive and the plot floundered

I sincerely think the gameplay is the best it's ever been.

Also the I like the character voices (Eng) but I think the "grating" ones are a bit front loaded. I more or less like everyone though. Also the writing is fine but I'm not going in expecting high fantasy writing or something.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Tender Bender posted:

Just made this post 30 mins ago

Barreft posted:

Finally finished the game, I really didn't want it to end. I made fun of the story/chars so much when I started but goddamn it won me over. Chapters 20+ especially are so good map/strategy wise. A+ game will definitely be in my top 10.

Gameplay is great, story is okay but really gets better towards the end. even if better is still a saturday morning cartoon

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Thank you! Was looking for an excuse to buy this and now I have one. Time to Engage!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and also yeah the gameplay imo is the best its been since fe10. i wasnt a fan of pair-up even in fates and echoes and 3h had their own, uh, foibles. this game made me feel like i was playing a new game from the fe6-fe10 era.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

The Engages add so much customization to the game it's almost overwhelming, but so good. Can't wait to replay this with knowledge of the game and get to know the other people not in my crew from this first playthrough

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Engage is the best Fire Emblem game since at least Path of Radiance imo. Clearly better if you dock points from PoR from how godawful slow (and hideously ugly) all the animations are.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Tender Bender posted:

Thank you! Was looking for an excuse to buy this and now I have one. Time to Engage!

Also make sure you keep Yunaka
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nihvKf_5RE

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah like I am the game's biggest detractor pre-launch, I'm glad I kept up with spoilers and gave it a shot. The game is good. As others have said all the worst stuff is at the front of the game, you can ditch those losers, the game throws powerful prepromotes at you, and once you get to Brodia the characters are good. Also nthing keeping Yunaka, she's by far the best early member of the cast aside from Alear themself.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Eimi posted:

Yeah like I am the game's biggest detractor pre-launch, I'm glad I kept up with spoilers and gave it a shot. The game is good. As others have said all the worst stuff is at the front of the game, you can ditch those losers, the game throws powerful prepromotes at you, and once you get to Brodia the characters are good. Also nthing keeping Yunaka, she's by far the best early member of the cast aside from Alear themself.

Nice welcome to the club. Was sad reading how negative you were at first

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
i thought lapis was one of the only normal characters, only for her Rank 10 bond conversation with leif to be. this.

lapis you cant just accidentally admit to eating grass!!! there is a limit to resourcefulness!!!! why are you like this!!!

the cast of this game really is the biggest collection of freaks and weirdos, isn't it

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I think Alcryst may be the only person on the Somniel who doesn't believe he's the only normal one.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Blaziken386 posted:

i thought lapis was one of the only normal characters, only for her Rank 10 bond conversation with leif to be. this.

lapis you cant just accidentally admit to eating grass!!! there is a limit to resourcefulness!!!! why are you like this!!!

the cast of this game really is the biggest collection of freaks and weirdos, isn't it

Yep lol. I'm hoping someone will compile the comments from everyone when you give them horse poo poo as a gift, etc. Those plus wakeups, etc. there's so much I never saw

I just realized I beat the game and never bought any of the gifts in the trading post thing. Do those do anything besides raise the persons bond like in 3H?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
When everyone's weird... nobody is.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Blaziken386 posted:

When you go to Elusia Lapis comments that the grass should still be edible if you thaw it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Blaziken386 posted:

Lapis was very happy to think Lyn ate grass like she did

Dave Matthews Big Fan!
Nov 10, 2009

I love lapis

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

I am full of regrets for immediately benching her when I saw the much better unit in the chapter right after getting her lol

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

I am full of regrets for immediately benching her when I saw the much better unit in the chapter right after getting her lol

same :negative:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

each new batch of recruits is even more deranged than the last and it owns

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Hellioning posted:

When you go to Elusia Lapis comments that the grass should still be edible if you thaw it.

Tae posted:

Lapis was very happy to think Lyn ate grass like she did
loving deranged woman, absolutely exceptional, ten out of ten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Augus posted:

each new batch of recruits is even more deranged than the last and it owns

It's the best part of the game imo