Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Vanecek turning into Ullmark in January was not on my bingo card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Golden Knights are bad without Mark Stone.

Which is a shame because his back is hosed.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I can sympathize. My back is also hosed. And I basically just walk around.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Koopa Kid posted:

Speaking of medical staff, I’m sorry but Vancouver was letting Ilya Mikheyev play on a torn ACL? What the gently caress?

Last week someone like Bourne or Charron was posting video about how much slower Mikheyev was looking this year compared to last year and, well, I guess we have our answer.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

Speaking of medical staff, I’m sorry but Vancouver was letting Ilya Mikheyev play on a torn ACL? What the gently caress?

That's the Nux baby!

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/nhlnetwork/status/1619121953578565634?s=46&t=0uNJxLCwOiO7CMOBDutcCA

It feels like they only tweeted this as a setup for other teams fans to dunk on them, Devils especially because Hughes almost has more points than all 3 combined lol

But ya, they’re alright

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

the kids are okay, I guess?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

"The Vitek" sitting at 21-5-2, 2.29 / .917. He has been so so much better than expected

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/nhlnetwork/status/1619121953578565634?s=46&t=0uNJxLCwOiO7CMOBDutcCA

It feels like they only tweeted this as a setup for other teams fans to dunk on them, Devils especially because Hughes almost has more points than all 3 combined lol

But ya, they’re alright

6 goals from Laf in a season with this much offense is pretty concerning, why are they highlighting that

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

DancingMachine posted:

hosed up that Myers was neither fined nor suspended. Apparently you can just headhunt your rival's star player and take them out for multiple games for the low low price of a 2 minute minor. :waycool: NHL.

I see you too are 'new' to this NHL thing. You can and are both in couraged and rewarded for dangerous play that injures opponents, yes. It's a time honored tradition.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

fawning deference posted:

6 goals from Laf in a season with this much offense is pretty concerning, why are they highlighting that

Fun Fact: on a per 60 minute basis Laf is out producing Kakko both at 5v5 and all situations. Although the players are nearly identical is production. The difference in goal scoring between the 2 is that Kakko is shooting 11% and Laf is at 7. Down from his career average of 17. Kakko's 11% is in line with his career average.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

The Dirty Burger posted:

But ya, they’re alright

https://twitter.com/moneypuckdotcom/status/1619332214113865728?s=46&t=a8JP2YR0OYSZzZP2zpO2Dw

They're borderline spectacular and if Gallant wants to keep his job he will use them as the second line for the rest of the season and not break them up.

Devils fans can chirp all they want. Laf will come around Kakko is our second best 2 way player next to Mika, and what else can I say about Chytil that hasn't been said.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Matt Zerella posted:

Kakko is our second best 2 way player next to Mika

I'm as high on the kid as anyone and hate Kreider but I think that big rear end in a top hat still technically holds that crown.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Fun Fact: on a per 60 minute basis Laf is out producing Kakko both at 5v5 and all situations. Although the players are nearly identical is production. The difference in goal scoring between the 2 is that Kakko is shooting 11% and Laf is at 7. Down from his career average of 17. Kakko's 11% is in line with his career average.

This is fair but Kakko does a lot of things away from the puck extremely well and looks a lot less lost in the game than Laf does. Laf has a great shot and therefore finishes as a high rate but he has taken a concerning step back this year, while Kakko has gotten better.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Also I'm very skeptical of that chart because it doesn't have any lines from the Bruins, Lightning, or Devils. That's suspicious.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'm as high on the kid as anyone and hate Kreider but I think that big rear end in a top hat still technically holds that crown.

It's close for sure but to me it's Kakko but I'm not going to argue Kreider doesn't deserve that title either.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Also I'm very skeptical of that chart because it doesn't have any lines from the Bruins, Lightning, or Devils. That's suspicious.

Kakko is on it twice :smuggo:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
The Canucks game was fun. It was pretty empty and quiet though. I enjoyed Crazy Pete's energy though.

Also the stadium was cool as hell. The monuments to the jersey retired jerseys and the store with game used equipment ruled. Every single stick was taller than me though and I'm 5 11. These fuckers are tall and or use huge sticks

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Boston’s lines have shuffled a lot. Marchand started injured, Krecji missed games, Debrusk got hurt.

crashlanding
Dec 11, 2006

Leading the offense for a fraction of the cost

Matt Zerella posted:

Kakko is on it twice :smuggo:

Kid Line has 51% xGF, definition of mid

e: For reference, drop it to 150 mins and Bastian-McLeod-Wood is the best line in the NHL

crashlanding fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jan 28, 2023

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

It has a Lightning line 7th and Bruins line 14th, right in the embedded preview??

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Matt Zerella posted:

and what else can I say about Chytil that hasn't been said.

Can we talk about who the Rangers need to buyout to afford his next contract? Or likely trade destinations?

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

https://twitter.com/moneypuckdotcom/status/1619332214113865728?s=46&t=a8JP2YR0OYSZzZP2zpO2Dw

They're borderline spectacular and if Gallant wants to keep his job he will use them as the second line for the rest of the season and not break them up.

Devils fans can chirp all they want. Laf will come around Kakko is our second best 2 way player next to Mika, and what else can I say about Chytil that hasn't been said.

Well if they are together roughly as good as Andrew Cogliano, JT Compher, and Logan O'Connor, then that's something

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

T-Bone posted:

Can we talk about who the Rangers need to buyout to afford his next contract? Or likely trade destinations?

It's a really big problem and that Trocheck contract gets worse as time goes on. Drury is a loving moron for not letting Chytil take over 2C.

They're also going to have problems with Kakko and Miller. They quickly went from "great contract situation" to capfucked in the span of 2 years. Goodrow and Trouba should be the candidates to get away from but I don't see that happening. My first guess is Lindgren is going to get traded which causes another problem.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Matt Zerella posted:

It's a really big problem and that Trocheck contract gets worse as time goes on. Drury is a loving moron for not letting Chytil take over 2C.

They're also going to have problems with Kakko and Miller. They quickly went from "great contract situation" to capfucked in the span of 2 years. Goodrow and Trouba should be the candidates to get away from but I don't see that happening. My first guess is Lindgren is going to get traded which causes another problem.

Lindgren is one of those defensemen that gets a little underappreciated because he doesn’t play a flashy game or put up points, but is a perfect partner to a top offensive d like Fox.

Reminds me a bit of Dylan Demelo, he was perfect for Chabot and then Pierre flipped him for a 3rd to Winnipeg where he is playing 22+ mins a night with Morrissey now.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Comparing lines with 200 minutes to lines with 400+ is in fact dumb.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
The Pacific garbage patch is turning into a pretty interesting divisional race, 5 teams with 5 points of each other... all terribly inconsistent with various holes in the lineup, currently being lead by a team with a negative goal differential (yeah yeah games played).

It's not really who wants it more rather who can poo poo the bed less

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

The Dirty Burger posted:

Lindgren is one of those defensemen that gets a little underappreciated because he doesn’t play a flashy game or put up points, but is a perfect partner to a top offensive d like Fox.

Reminds me a bit of Dylan Demelo, he was perfect for Chabot and then Pierre flipped him for a 3rd to Winnipeg where he is playing 22+ mins a night with Morrissey now.

I fully appreciate him. It's pretty clear the defense completely falls apart whenever he misses time. And this year if that happens it means Harpur gets moved up which is really bad.

But he's probably the most movable asset they have if they can't figure something out this off-season. This is all moot if Drury goes full moron and decides to trade Chytil.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Matt Zerella posted:

Devils are absolutely going to do this too I bet. The Palat deal is going to be bad in like two years, and we'll see what behemoths Bratt and Meier get. Fitz was already trying to throw like 10m at Johnny Hockey, although I suppose that was when his job was at stake.

e: Although honestly, Palat is really the only bad contract on the books. Maybe Dougie if he falls to pieces towards the end of his deal. The best thing about getting Meier would be that it takes the decision of whether to overpay for Miles Wood or Ryan Graves out of a NHL GM's hands

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 28, 2023

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

fermun posted:

Well if they are together roughly as good as Andrew Cogliano, JT Compher, and Logan O'Connor, then that's something

I think O'Connor is on like a 30 game goalless steak. He can definitely play on the kid line.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I see you too are 'new' to this NHL thing. You can and are both in couraged and rewarded for dangerous play that injures opponents, yes. It's a time honored tradition.
That's a bummer OP. It hurts overall competitiveness and quality of play. The NFL figured this out like 2 decades ago and is more popular than ever.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

DancingMachine posted:

That's a bummer OP. It hurts overall competitiveness and quality of play. The NFL figured this out like 2 decades ago and is more popular than ever.

The NHL is by far the most poorly run and least forward thinking league out of the big 4 of NFL, NBA and MLB, although I guess I should say I hear the MLB is pretty dumb but I rarely follow baseball.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The NHL is an atavistic league, it’s obsessed with “returning” to some idealized state of the game that nobody wants and was objectively worse and less entertaining. Progress is actively opposed and resented.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

...Eh, most of the viewers probably want that.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Lmao at the NFL being forward thinking

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Misanthrope posted:

The Pacific garbage patch is turning into a pretty interesting divisional race, 5 teams with 5 points of each other... all terribly inconsistent with various holes in the lineup, currently being lead by a team with a negative goal differential (yeah yeah games played).

It's not really who wants it more rather who can poo poo the bed less

I love how the Flames can’t win against the freaking Blackhawk’s but can somehow pull out a win against the Kraken? It’s like they all decided to play like poo poo when Markstrom is in net. Is he some sort of mega-chud?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Lmao at the NFL being forward thinking

Ok, I should probably clarify I am not saying the others are forward thinking (obviously NBA is different ), the point is to the NHL is that incompetent and ignorant.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

The Black Stones posted:

I love how the Flames can’t win against the freaking Blackhawk’s but can somehow pull out a win against the Kraken? It’s like they all decided to play like poo poo when Markstrom is in net. Is he some sort of mega-chud?

They haven't been able to get all the Canucks' stink off of Markstrom yet. It's contagious.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

RC Cola posted:

The Canucks game was fun. It was pretty empty and quiet though. I enjoyed Crazy Pete's energy though.

My favourite Crazy Pete moment was last season at the first round of "Fire Benning" Chants. He tried *so hard* to turn into the usual "Go Canucks Go" chant and got visibly pissed off when the Benning chants just got louder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Koopa Kid posted:

The NHL is an atavistic league, it’s obsessed with “returning” to some idealized state of the game that nobody wants and was objectively worse and less entertaining. Progress is actively opposed and resented.

Toronto wants it - if we went back to the original six our chances of winning a cup go WAY up.