Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

I had to go to bed before the title match. What happened in the Roman-Owens match?

Back and forth, ref bump, KO gets a visual pin, Sami delays throwing in a chair so Roman eats a stunner, 2-count, Roman brutalizes KO, Roman wins, Bloodline gangs up on KO, Sami given a chair, Sami instead hits Roman, Bloodline gangs up on Sami, Jey walks out on Bloodline.

Took way too long but the crowd was white-hot for it, Sami hitting Roman was the loudest WWE pop in who knows how long. Also some deafening gently caress YOU ROMANs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Digital Jedi posted:

Fully in support of this. That show ruled so hard.

Excellent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1NuAr5Phww

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

D.N. Nation posted:

Back and forth, ref bump, KO gets a visual pin, Sami delays throwing in a chair so Roman eats a stunner, 2-count, Roman brutalizes KO, Roman wins, Bloodline gangs up on KO, Sami given a chair, Sami instead hits Roman, Bloodline gangs up on Sami, Jey walks out on Bloodline.

Took way too long but the crowd was white-hot for it, Sami hitting Roman was the loudest WWE pop in who knows how long. Also some deafening gently caress YOU ROMANs

Thanks

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

I'll watch anything with Timothy Omundson. Big Psych watcher back in the day and it was sad when he couldn't be in the first Psych movie due to health issues.

And it's so great they did a musical number for the season 2 annoucement that they didn't expect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ9NUqKblrI

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Nice touches with the funhouse avatars along the rail during Bray's entrance. The lantern light just barely defining them. Relatively subtle as far as wrestling goes.

Bray's face paint dur>ng the entrance came off as super smokey eyes, but then the black lights came on and the UV paint design popped across his face, arms, and chest. Really otherworldly feel with the contacts, paint, glowing ring ropes, barricade display and the lowered green "ceiling" at the start.

Figures it was a black-lite match with all the eye-tearing UV lighting work they've been doing with NXT.

Moving on, the bowl of light-up communion wafers (or whatever) scattering diring the announce table spots was a fun visual, as was the day-glo kendo stick.

Character wise it was OG Bray selling up until the end where he went full Fiend, no-selling the kendo shots like Fiend do.

Howdy off the scaffold worked from the wide angle, and thats all you need with this sort of segment. Angles and body parts didn't line-up exactly, but the folks looking that close aren't in it to be entertained anyways, so they can have the sour grapes.

Loved the Funhouse characters popping-up over the scaffolding edge too. Nice touch.

Whether you like the match or not I guess is if you like the wide-angle cinematic approach to wrestling or the mat-wrestling based style of everything else on the card. I think it all worked for what it is and didn't expect anything "normal" from a Wyatt match by now. Good luck getting a star rating from a set piece.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

SpeakSlow posted:

Howdy off the scaffold worked from the wide angle, and thats all you need with this sort of segment. Angles and body parts didn't line-up exactly, but the folks looking that close aren't in it to be entertained anyways, so they can have the sour grapes.

he missed by a mile and it looked awful lmao

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Fentry posted:

Pretty sure this is Brock last year which they might not want to remind people about

Edit: actually how long was Vince in, either way lovely answer

Guess that depends on in-ring time or in-match time.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Digital Jedi posted:

I'll watch anything with Timothy Omundson.

Richard's journey from cowardly shithead villain to brave and valiant hero (with a dragon) was a joy to watch :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82frdZkVLMM

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i popped when zelina hit juris v-trigger activation pose on the apron.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

SpeakSlow posted:

Nice touches with the funhouse avatars along the rail during Bray's entrance. The lantern light just barely defining them. Relatively subtle as far as wrestling goes.

Bray's face paint dur>ng the entrance came off as super smokey eyes, but then the black lights came on and the UV paint design popped across his face, arms, and chest. Really otherworldly feel with the contacts, paint, glowing ring ropes, barricade display and the lowered green "ceiling" at the start.

Figures it was a black-lite match with all the eye-tearing UV lighting work they've been doing with NXT.

Moving on, the bowl of light-up communion wafers (or whatever) scattering diring the announce table spots was a fun visual, as was the day-glo kendo stick.

Character wise it was OG Bray selling up until the end where he went full Fiend, no-selling the kendo shots like Fiend do.

Loved the Funhouse characters popping-up over the scaffolding edge too. Nice touch.

Whether you like the match or not I guess is if you like the wide-angle cinematic approach to wrestling or the mat-wrestling based style of everything else on the card. I think it all worked for what it is and didn't expect anything "normal" from a Wyatt match by now. Good luck getting a star rating from a set piece.

Alternate take: it sucked poo poo

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I will agree that there was some fun visual stuff in that Bray Wyatt match but holy poo poo was the wrestling ever lame and the Uncle Howdy spot absolutely did not work.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Is that a copypasta from Reddit or some poo poo lmao

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Jiro posted:

Watching the rumble now, what the gently caress did they do to Gargano's theme??? :argh:

All CFO$ themes are getting phased out. Basically they went from Jim Johnston to using CFO$. Then sometime in mid 2019 CFO$ had a disagreement with their publisher, where CFO$ wanted more money. The publisher refused, and even refused letting WWE buy out CFO$ deal so that they could work in house with WWE. Their publisher than had a non-compete clause prevented CFO$ from leaving their publisher and working directly to WWE. So WWE brought in this new group Def Rebel, which has largely sucked. They have made some bangers (like Io Shirai's theme), but I feel like I can count the truely great themes on one hand.

I know people criticized CFO$ for making very long songs (like I am sure Alister Black didn't't need a 6 minute theme with lyrics), but the largest problem with these Def Rebel themes is that they have like 3-4 false starts and have no melody that you can hum. It's like they are designed to be synced to an overly choreographed entrance, and for the rumble they start them all at the begining when they sprint out to the ring.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
People didn't like CFO$? I thought they produced a ton of bangers

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Rarity posted:

Richard's journey from cowardly shithead villain to brave and valiant hero (with a dragon) was a joy to watch :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82frdZkVLMM

Such a great show.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vandar posted:

WWE fan twitter likes to work themselves up about things that are never going to happen, and you can blame a lot of it on Xero News, an account that's literally never gotten anything right that they've leaked but for some reason the WWE fanbase keeps thinking knows what they're talking about.

https://twitter.com/WRESTLECringe/status/1619695838896472071?s=20&t=8WzZPJEExdOKrFc4RRGfOA

QAnon for the absolute dumbest wrestling fans (WWE fans)

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

is pepsi ok posted:

he missed by a mile and it looked awful lmao

Meh. Stunts are hard. He was close enough.

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Alternate take: it sucked poo poo

Hmmm, yes. Erudite commentary.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Dominik's still working on that mask, got a few threads loose this morning

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Looking at the positions of the Rumble winners for the past few years.

2020:
Charlotte Flair (17)
Drew McIntyre (16)

2021:
Bianca Belair (3)
Edge (1)

2022:
Ronda Rousey (28)
Brock Lesnar (30)

2023:
Cody Rhodes (30)
Rhea Ripley (1)

That's a lot of 30s and 1s... It's like one extreme or the other for the past 3 years.

This also means the updated Lucky Numbers With The Most Wins
5 wins (1) = #30
4 wins (3) = #1, #27, #28
3 wins (1) = #24
2 wins (7) = #2, #3, #19, #22, #23, #25, #29
1 win (10) = #5, #8, #10, #13, #14, #16, #17, #18, #38, #41

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Personally don't think it's good when the best thing you can say about a wrestling match is that it was visually interesting and that if anybody notices the wrestling was bad, they just weren't trying to be entertained.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

SpeakSlow posted:

Hmmm, yes. Erudite commentary.

Sorry I didn’t write 600 words on the lovely Mountain Dew match dude lol

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I did not expect Galavant talk here. I miss it a lot.

I’m thinking about the report that Vince and Hunter not seeing Sami as the face of WWE. Eden is that were true, that should not eliminate him from being the champ in a rational world, right?

Has Roman broken the record for longest reigning champion yet because if that record is in “danger” when Sami get his shot, I can’t see Sami winning.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the mountain dew pitch black match ruled because it was just the wwe trying to extract as much value from the blacklight setup they had for naomi's entrance as they can now that's she's gone lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Alaois posted:

the mountain dew pitch black match ruled because it was just the wwe trying to extract as much value from the blacklight setup they had for naomi's entrance as they can now that's she's gone lol

lol I think you nailed it - that's a good observation that I didn't think about

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TV Zombie posted:

I did not expect Galavant talk here. I miss it a lot.

I’m thinking about the report that Vince and Hunter not seeing Sami as the face of WWE. Eden is that were true, that should not eliminate him from being the champ in a rational world, right?

Has Roman broken the record for longest reigning champion yet because if that record is in “danger” when Sami get his shot, I can’t see Sami winning.

Roman's got a few more years before he beats Backlund, Hogan, and both of Sammartino's reigns.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Roman as champ. Then. Now. Forever.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Look, some of us enjoy when the light tubes blink on and off and some of us enjoy when they're snapped in half and jammed into someone's neck. Let's be happy that wrestling provides for both.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

SpeakSlow posted:

Erudite commentary.

I don’t think the show had that either

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

SpeakSlow posted:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I'm sick of Roman as Champ. I would rather it be Brock

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/1619530843369902082

didn't get all of it lol

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Pictured: close enough.

It's usually a great sign when the people who paid like a hundred bucks to attend your premium live event are laughing out loud and going "what the gently caress is this poo poo", right?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

p sure Uncle Howdy wasnt supposed to jump and it was a shoot suicide attempt from Bo to escape this lovely story

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

No but the part where they have to keep going to Saudi sure does

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Zelina doing the Malakai foot lift taunt but being too short for it was very funny

Beef Jerky Robot fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 29, 2023

bartok
May 10, 2006

I assume Jay White showed up at the Rumble. Lots of people on Twitter saying it was a done deal since 2020.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SpeakSlow posted:

It was a commercial to sell soda hope this helps.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I was at the rumble live and the best part about the Mountain Dew pitch black match was how everyone was quiet and we couldn’t see anything.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Didn't watch the match but "close enough" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, as I recall; so it's not really a good defense of someone (from what I've read thus far) apparently missing their mark by a mile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

AND IVE GOT A MESSSAGE FOR YOU SON, MY SOUL IS AS BLACK AS THIS REFRESHING AND FLAVORFUL MOUNTAIN DEW PITCH BLACK TM