Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

pentyne posted:

Does it mean anything if a business isn't BBB accredited?

https://www.bbb.org/us/ny/new-york/profile/internet-service/handy-0121-143222

Oh, and shocker Handy is being sued by the state of CA for labor violations.

bbb is an extortion-based corporation that gets treated like a govt agency an insane amount because they got that bureau in the name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

bob dobbs is dead posted:

bbb is an extortion-based corporation that gets treated like a govt agency an insane amount because they got that bureau in the name

Well, yeah, but sometimes they get results. :shrug:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
The BBB is just a scam, but it seems to have some sort of clout with the older generations that actually believe it's some sort of official organization. They just charge you money to do absolutely nothing but provide a plaque and a website that you want to stay off of, including being able to pay money in order to remove yourself from the website.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
BBB is Yelp for boomers. Mixing those two is like mixing bleach and ammonia

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Grabbed some of this elote dip that just dropped. It tastes like taco flavored yogurt but in a good way. Not what I expected but it’s a winner.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

i got me some of that cinnamon sugar bread or whatever. loving good stuff that i can't have in my house. this is why i only go to costco every 3-4 weeks.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ShowTime posted:

The BBB is just a scam, but it seems to have some sort of clout with the older generations that actually believe it's some sort of official organization. They just charge you money to do absolutely nothing but provide a plaque and a website that you want to stay off of, including being able to pay money in order to remove yourself from the website.

canyoneer posted:

BBB is Yelp for boomers. Mixing those two is like mixing bleach and ammonia

Just in the last 3 years going through the BBB was the only thing that made Best Buy finally do anything about the issue I had with them. Like I said, some companies actually do pay attention to it - the BBB is not completely useless but it is highly dependent on the company involved.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Costco baguettes are pretty good

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

I've never had a Costco rewards card but just curious, how does it work if you like spend a few grand on a mattress and bed set, get reward cash for the year, then be a bastard and return everything in a year or two? Do you not get any rewards that year you returned a few $K worth of stuff?

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Just in the last 3 years going through the BBB was the only thing that made Best Buy finally do anything about the issue I had with them. Like I said, some companies actually do pay attention to it - the BBB is not completely useless but it is highly dependent on the company involved.

I think they were talking about the BBB from the business point of view, not the consumer point of view.

I think you've just discovered a new get-rich-quick scheme. I'll avoid quoting the text in this post, to give you the opportunity to edit your post so your brilliant idea can safely live in obscurity.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Just maxed out my credit cards buying $90,000 of Murphy beds, will report results.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Costco baguettes are pretty good

this

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bird with big dick posted:

Just maxed out my credit cards buying $90,000 of Murphy beds, will report results.

You're supporting a racist :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jDHRW6fngg

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Turns out their cranberry walnut bread is only seasonal though! They said they stopped baking it after the holidays and now there’s only baguettes and multigrain.

Add that to the good stuff graveyard with Nonni’s Biscotti and Stroopwafels that they inexplicably stop carrying the moment I get a taste.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Bitchin' Sauce sampler? Hell yea.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SirPablo posted:

Saw them yesterday. They had a crew handing out samples as well.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

SirPablo posted:

Bitchin Sauce had a roadshow at my local Costco years ago and that was fun.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

SirPablo posted:

Bombay is a great one. I also like heat.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Chinatown posted:

Saw them yesterday. They had a crew handing out samples as well.

Yea there were samples but I shun samples, they're for the slow moving masses. I already know it'll be good.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Samples destroy faith and without faith Costco is nothing. They are a test sent by Sam’s Club to tempt the weak.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Just grilled some Kirkland dogs and put Bombay sauce on as a condiment.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

what in the...

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Costco hits dofferent

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Can't wait for Starry on tap at the Costco

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Yoooo I got that kimchi and it loving rules

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Had some pork buns that I did in the instant pot with a steaming rack. Pretty good Costco you win this round.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I was at my Costco yesterday and verified that they do indeed have the kimchi with 2 gs. I did not purchase any, however.

I did buy some cheap nicotine, though.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

SirPablo posted:

Yea there were samples but I shun samples, they're for the slow moving masses. I already know it'll be good.

I hate samples because it makes people absolutely lose their minds more than normal and bring their carts to a screeching half haphazardly just to get a bite of Aidells sausage or something.

Pausing samples early in the pandemic was one of the best silver linings.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I was at my Costco yesterday and verified that they do indeed have the kimchi with 2 gs. I did not purchase any, however.

I did buy some cheap nicotine, though.

Classic mod move

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Went to Costco today and the checkout line stretched across the entire store, all the way to tbe dairy section. They did have eggs, which is good because the trader joes I went to first did not have any left.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Smugworth posted:

Classic mod move

I am an engine which runs on nicotine and spite.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
The Thai Red Curry with Chicken loving rules, goddamn. This stuff https://snapdragonfood.com/products/thai-red-curry-15-oz

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Propaganda Hour posted:

The Thai Red Curry with Chicken loving rules, goddamn. This stuff https://snapdragonfood.com/products/thai-red-curry-15-oz

oh poo poo i just picked up one yesterday. on the menu this week.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I hate samples because it makes people absolutely lose their minds more than normal and bring their carts to a screeching half haphazardly just to get a bite of Aidells sausage or something.

Pausing samples early in the pandemic was one of the best silver linings.

I love Costco samples. After my gym coach touched my butthole he would take me for samples. It was our Wednesday tradition.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Propaganda Hour posted:

Yea it's really good. Put it on some cauliflower rice for a nice healthy meal.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Bought a big rear end Monstera today on a total whim. PBUC for giving me the opportunity

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I'm very thankful I never had a Costco membership when I was a soda drinker. Passing by pallets of Dr. Pepper would have done me in.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Only morons buy soda at Costco, it is way overpriced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asobu
Sep 16, 2007

My guitar is in my BUTT!
Soiled Meat
Finally got a membership. I walk in, get a $5 chicken and leave.

The money I’ve saved on chicken has already paid for the membership.

I will only buy chicken here. Nothing else.