Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

If my posts bother you so much, there's an "Ignore" feature. Feel free to use it.

buffalo all day posted:

:dafuq:

to take this easy example...sometimes they draw the nuts. against cerebro2 they can put 28 points in two lanes and 14 in another if they max out and you just sit there. mostly they don't do this, and mostly (with surfer for example) you beat their face in because you play better cards and screw around with them using storm+juggernaut to deny them a lane, polaris to block brood or sinister, killmonger to kill their one drops, cosmo on the mystique lane, etc. but yeah, it's a card game and you lose because of variance sometimes. it's not the deck though, your deck is just better than theirs.

I'm with you, it just feels like sometimes people are outguessing me or their stuff is going to activate before mine and give them priority at a key moment. I just have random poo poo beating me and its frustrating. I was playing just now against what looked like standard Sera and they pulled a Devil Dino out of their rear end and beat me by 1 point. I'm not like snapping and burning cubes out of hubris, I retreat if I don't feel like I have it locked down and I'm incredibly risk averse so I rarely if ever snap myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

wyoak posted:

what's the fix for zabu? reduce 4 costs to 3 instead? Make Zabu himself cost 4?

Make him On Reveal so it only hits cards in hand? Same with Sera too.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

priznat posted:

Make him On Reveal so it only hits cards in hand? Same with Sera too.

I kinda like this idea but don’t make it an On Reveal. Cosmo does not need more market share.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

I kinda like this idea but don’t make it an On Reveal. Cosmo does not need more market share.

Yeah that's very true. I really hate it when I get bunged up by Cosmo. Maybe change it so he blocks 1 on reveal and then fizzles out.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

New Leaf posted:

I haven't gotten a new card in I don't know how long. I'm the proud owner of a new Rhino icon though. So that's.. neat. I do nothing but face decks I want to play but I'm lacking 2-3 vital cards. Discard looks so fun to me but I don't have Hela or Dracula or Ghost Rider, only loving Morbius..

I got ghost rider and put him in a Zabu deck with sif and infinaut. It doesn’t all trigger often but thankfully Zabu is ridiculous anyway

When it does I cannot imagine the rage of turn 5 sif > ghost rider throwing 30 power of poo poo on the board with 0 setup

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

wyoak posted:

I'm not a game designer, but I would nuke him pretty hard. The fairest nerf is probably make him cost 4. He does a sort of similar thing to Mr Negative weirdly enough, so at 4 Zabu decks would be playable if you are willing to run Psylocke too. Having said that for the health of the game id just make him cost 5 (and be pretty unplayable as a result), making him reduce to 3 just makes him a goofy Sera.

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 30, 2023

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
https://twitter.com/MARVELSNAP/status/1620130774925312001?t=wuLlFbWIl2VUaMgFR1SDTQ&s=19

I want the Iron Squirrel card...

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
just made a galaxy brained move where I countered their movement turn 6 by playing Shang Chi where their Kraven wound up and killed it, but then unnecessarily also played Debri which filled their Mojoworld back up and give them the lane

im very good at this game

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Is it wrong to snap on someone you're pretty sure is going to time out?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GarudaPrime posted:

I'm not a game designer, but I would nuke him pretty hard. The fairest nerf is probably make him cost 4. He does a sort of similar thing to Mr Negative weirdly enough, so at 4 Zabu decks would be playable if you are willing to run Psylocke too. Having said that for the health of the game id just make him cost 5 (and be pretty unplayable as a result), making him reduce to 3 just makes him a goofy Sera.

It’d be a bad look from them to nuke the card they just released as a season pass card. Just from a “community trust” POV.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Just played quite possibly the most bullshit bot ever. Played Quinjet first turn.

Second location was "replace deck with random cards".

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
The strongest things Zabu makes work (Knull, Spider/Absorb) wouldn't be harmed much by setting him to 4. He's really a design hole they've put themselves in of having to be very careful with any and all 4 drops going forward. Nerfing it to only -1 cost or hand-only would be just dumpstering the card.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
see idk why people automatically assume that's a bot, it's just good luck for your opponent

if you're playing a deck with Quinjet you always play Quinjet first and yeah sometimes things work out like that.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Sandwolf posted:

It’d be a bad look from them to nuke the card they just released as a season pass card. Just from a “community trust” POV.
I see this sentiment a lot but I think it glosses over just how dumb surfer and zabu are. Every leaked card cant hold a candle to them, it will just be this month over and over until they get nerfed except new players won't even be able to buy zabu.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

Just played quite possibly the most bullshit bot ever. Played Quinjet first turn.

Second location was "replace deck with random cards".

I think the cheating bot speculation is getting a bit out there. You think that the bots are programmed to what? Alter the locations based on the deck? Because I play a lot of quinjet and sometimes you just get lucky with District X or Weirdworld.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

RevKrule posted:

Is it wrong to snap on someone you're pretty sure is going to time out?

Sometimes I am thinking about a play and someone snaps because of this or to get me to hurry up and I usually just retreat. Extremely rude!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
They should add blitz mode with 10 second turn timers.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I mean, I assume it was a bot because it had the name of a Marvel character and generally those tend to be bots. It could just be one weird guy I guess?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I still wonder who had the username 'Tony Stank'.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Smiling Knight posted:

I think the cheating bot speculation is getting a bit out there. You think that the bots are programmed to what? Alter the locations based on the deck? Because I play a lot of quinjet and sometimes you just get lucky with District X or Weirdworld.

people in this thread have said they believe the bots actively make favorable cards appear in their deck, the speculation is incredibly rampant

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

priznat posted:

Sometimes I am thinking about a play and someone snaps because of this or to get me to hurry up and I usually just retreat. Extremely rude!

This was a case where it took half the time to connect to the match initially and the first move was about to time out

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I like Sera Surfer not only because a +3 to 3 drops is fantastic, but because I love the flexibility of the cards I can jam in there.
- Storm can change a location.
- Mr Fantastic can reach locations where I'm not able to play. It's also something to play on turn 3 without thinking about it (outside of Bar With No Name).
- Brood besides being Surfer's best buddy also can drop its litter on Luke's Bar/Death's Domain/Altar of Death.
- Killmonger does not like 1 drops as you probably know.
- Cosmo is Cosmo. Also, every time I had priority on turn 6, played Surfer before Cosmo at a location and then blocked something? An amazing feeling.
- Sometimes it is hard to predict what Polaris will pull, but it definitely has lead to things that decided the game. Pulling Armor to the lane Destroyer was then played in for example.
- Rogue is so weak at just 1 point of damage (by default) and might just be replaced by Juggernaut whenever I get him. But I just love those times I nab the Patriots, Wongs, Dinosaurs and Darkhawks of the world.

If I didn't play Sera Surfer I'd definitely be playing a(nother) control deck. I don't know why I never considered playing Leech too TBH, that kind of non-fun is up my alley.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 30, 2023

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
What if they made Zabu made both players 4-cost cards cost 2 less? Fair!

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

New Leaf posted:

They don't feel high tier meta if I'm hitting walls of Hela and Dracula and Ghost Rider over and over. I keep hitting Mystique copying Cerebro or Absorbing Man doubling bonuses or people dropping Arnim Zola and one threat into two. I don't have any of that. I'm not coming across anyone else playing my "high tier meta" so it can't be that great.

The reason you are not coming across anyone else playing your high tier meta is that they are at higher ranks than you.

Hela Discard is not a great deck. Cerebro (any of them) is not a great deck. Absorbing Man does not have a place in any of the highest ranked decks. Arnim Zola shows up in Shuri lists but is hardly a must-have.

Meanwhile Sera/Surfer is one of the top 4 decks available.

Take a look: https://marvelsnapzone.com/tier-list/ Maybe some of the play tips will help you, if you want to improve and not just complain. If you do want to just complain, enjoy your ranting, but don't be surprised when people point out that your assessment of deck power is almost perfectly backwards.

doingitwrong fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jan 30, 2023

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

doingitwrong posted:

if you want to improve and not just complain. If you do want to just complain

The person you are responding to has explicitly and emphatically stated that they use this thread to complain. Complaining is why they are here. (also +1'ing "lol at cerebro being overpowered")

Elsewise, you are giving good advice.

In more positive discussion, at the end of last week I decided to try climbing again versus just using completely goofy decks for fun. I started at about 29 and am up to 66 as of this writing. I'll see how far I can go with one week left. Honestly, I really want the credits and gold more than I want the rank recognition.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 30, 2023

Granstein
May 22, 2006

Accuse children card game celebrities of adultery and I will not shut the fuck up about it. LSV did not cheat on his wife. He found love in another woman's vagina like Garfield intended.

wyoak posted:

I think if you change his ability he's completely wrecked, so I'm guessing they'll go after his power before anything else. Make him a 3/0 or 3/1 and see if that helps.

I still think Surfer is a far worse offender than Zabu when it comes to balancing issues. Zabu is putting up better results at the moment, but I think that's mostly because it's judged by cubes won/lost as opposed to games won/lost. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing sera/surfer has a better win/loss rate than any zabu variant except maybe the darkhawk version that almost no one can run. Zabu can comfortably snap on turn one a lot of the time though, and most other decks can't do that.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yeah, I stopped caring about the climb early last week and it's done wonders for both my blood pressure and enjoyment of the game. If I feel myself getting tilted, I just play a few matches with my weird Collector deck or a bounce deck or try out a new deck just because. Mostly I just clear my dailies because I'm trying to buy/pull specific cards.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The Sean posted:

The person you are responding to has explicitly and emphatically stated that they use this thread to complain. Complaining is why they are here. (also +1'ing "lol at cerebro being overpowered")

Elsewise, you are giving good advice.

In more positive discussion, at the end of last week I decided to try climbing again versus just using completely goofy decks for fun. I started at about 29 and am up to 67 as of this writing. I'll see how far I can go with one week left. Honestly, I really want the credits and gold more than I want the rank recognition.

Like everyone else doesn't bitch in this thread.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Surfer is only a problem because Brood.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Push El Burrito posted:

I mean sure but where does that leave us? Surfer was added to a game that has brood in it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Push El Burrito posted:

If they nerf Brood to get to Surfer that’s really hosed up though. Just nerf Surfer.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
make Brood 3/1 maybe?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Sandwolf posted:

If they nerf Brood to get to Surfer that’s really hosed up though. Just nerf Surfer.

I mean, you could just make each of Brood's others a 0/2 card and it would still be Brood, wouldn't get triple buff from Surfer, Surfer would still be strong, and Brood wouldn't get killed by, like, a Killmonger or something.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

fellow helicarrier havers rejoice (although lol at the first deck, you just crammed it into a darkhawk zabu deck, that doesnt count)

https://twitter.com/elfabicrack/status/1620149746345345024?s=20&t=_JhROZHG-mchDtF4B6JOlA

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If you nerf Brood purely to nerf Surfer you’re betraying an extremely bad design philosophy going forward. Nerf the card that’s the actual problem, not the one that benefits from that problem. Why ruin Brood for Patriot decks or some future theoretical *buff base Brood so the broods he produces are stronger* deck in the future.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Push El Burrito posted:

I mean, you could just make each of Brood's others a 0/2 card and it would still be Brood, wouldn't get triple buff from Surfer, Surfer would still be strong, and Brood wouldn't get killed by, like, a Killmonger or something.
this is a solid idea

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

buffalo all day posted:

fellow helicarrier havers rejoice (although lol at the first deck, you just crammed it into a darkhawk zabu deck, that doesnt count)

https://twitter.com/elfabicrack/status/1620149746345345024?s=20&t=_JhROZHG-mchDtF4B6JOlA

lol that looks awesome. I can't wait for helicarrier.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Re: Zabu, what if you just Wave him? "Next turn, your/all 4 cost cards cost 2". Still inables garbage but less of a swing

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Is Ghost Rider a worthwhile pull with tokens? I only have 1100 so not like I'm going to be able to afford something expensive soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

The Sean posted:

lol that looks awesome. I can't wait for helicarrier.

just tried the second list, its very stupid but you definitely get a max-strength dino and a pretty good mystique at the end, also the carrier dropping like groot and bucky barnes in my hand was pretty funny