Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Antonymous posted:

Best Picture goes to the producer of the film and best foreign film is awarded to the country, not any of the film makers. not a lot of people kno that

I knew the first one cause they mention it in Wag the Dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Some Guy TT posted:

gendered bigotry being crudely mishmashed so that completely different prejudices and perpetrators of prejudice are coalesced into a nonsensical strawman with no internal coherence? what an absurd idea now if youll excuse me i need to go write an article for the atlantic about how incels are ruining online dating by insisting on choking their partners during sex

something tells me you've got at least a rough draft already

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Mr. Beast vs LA Beast: Rumble in the Jungle 2023: two beasts enter one beast leaves. Who will rule the animal kingdom?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Antonymous posted:

Best Picture goes to the producer of the film and best foreign film is awarded to the country, not any of the film makers. not a lot of people kno that

wait what, who gets the trophy then

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I found it really disturbing that this Mr. Beast dude had a bunch of pseudo restaurants open up over night during the pandemic.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

indigi posted:

wait what, who gets the trophy then
the country, like a tiny statue of liberty

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Nichael posted:

I found it really disturbing that this Mr. Beast dude had a bunch of pseudo restaurants open up over night during the pandemic.

ghost kitchens with celebrity branding were popping up all over during the beginning of the pandemic. the disturbing part was that his burgers were McDonald's tier at best

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

indigi posted:

ghost kitchens with celebrity branding were popping up all over during the beginning of the pandemic. the disturbing part was that his burgers were McDonald's tier at best

all of it is weird as hell

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Antonymous posted:

The year is 2040, Mr. Beast begins his first term as president.

Mr.Beast: *Today we are EMPTYING the treasury to buy every single American a home! That means there will be no more money for the military, so now every man, woman, child and nonbinary are conscripted into my satanic army!*

you: drat I hate this youtube poo poo

idiocracy is a documentary

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

christmas boots posted:

Mr. Beast vs LA Beast: Rumble in the Jungle 2023: two beasts enter one beast leaves. Who will rule the animal kingdom?

:pray:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

christmas boots posted:

LA Beast is to Mr. Beast as a random toddler is to Jake Paul.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Academy very mad that somebody might have improperly campaigned for an award in the same year they nominated the first asian best actress in literally their entire history

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

America is 0.8% chinese-american and 6% asian-american and considering hollywood's incredible racial bias it might not be entirely the academy award's fault

edit: and going back in time america is less and less asian

Antonymous has issued a correction as of 22:44 on Jan 30, 2023

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

LA Beast is Bruce Willis in Unbreakable, just scraping his way through life completely oblivious to the fact that he's a superhero

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
re-watching duckman and hell I recommend you all do the same.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

God Hole posted:

LA Beast is Bruce Willis in Invincible, just scraping his way through life completely oblivious to the fact that he's a superhero

invincible is the one where marky mark wears a cape and plays footbal

unbreakable is the one where Bruce Willis is bald.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

re-watching duckman and hell I recommend you all do the same.

always tentative of rewatching this and the Critic because I'm a little afraid they wont hold up and I dont have the loving time but I kinda suspect they hold up?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

The Critic definitely holds up as funny

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

indigi posted:

it stinks! it stinks! it stinks! it stinks!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Cuttlefush posted:

always tentative of rewatching this and the Critic because I'm a little afraid they wont hold up and I dont have the loving time but I kinda suspect they hold up?

the pilot itself is interesting when you consider that it's trying desperately to differentiate itself from the simpsons by basically saying "what if Homer being an absolute piece of poo poo gently caress-up had real consequences?"

I'm sure a lot of it is going to be awkward but I'll ride that bus for a bit.

oh: also re-watching Daria

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

invincible is the one where marky mark wears a cape and plays footbal

unbreakable is the one where Bruce Willis is bald.

heh I just gave you the old Shyamalan twist

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

theres an easy way to tell the two apart, *mister* beast is the domesticated nice guy grifter, *LA* beast is the tough guy from the mean streets of LA

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

indigi posted:

The Franklin parts do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZGLlw1DFM0

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

God Hole posted:

heh I just gave you the old Shyamalan twist

sir, please leave my village

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

loquacius posted:

Just remembered that this is the unedited "Early Life" section from Joanna Newsom's Wikipedia entry

and lol'ed all over again because it is pretty on-the-nose for what I would come up with if I had to make up what Joanna Newsom's childhood was probably like for a shitpost or something

who cares, she makes good music

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Antonymous posted:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Antonymous posted:

America is 0.8% chinese-american and 6% asian-american and considering hollywood's incredible racial bias it might not be entirely the academy award's fault

edit: and going back in time america is less and less asian

iirc some weirdo once did the math on twitter and the only significantly underrepresented minority in getting academy awards, if their population demographs are factored into it, are Latinos.

Every other visible minority (that the author used in their metrics, anyway), was either overrepresented in awards or fairly close to parity.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
That's true as well. Hollywood loves Latin folks behind the camera but seldom in front. Only the palest passing folks generally get work, after a name change, with few exceptions.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

tristeham posted:

it's funny

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

tristeham posted:

:hai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Mj3wKU-wg

plays in my head at least once a day

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

that's hosed up if it's true

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Nichael posted:

I really hope the new Hogwarts game is funny bad, as opposed to boring bad or actually good.

It will launch as a mess at least six months before it is ready, as is the custom for video games these days

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

paramount+ bought showtime and is probably gonna kill everything lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1620210861221744640?t=rA6UlDFUjjy-Sev-Vek7oA&s=19

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i say swears online posted:

paramount+ bought showtime and is probably gonna kill everything lol

they keep on buying shows that i want to watch, i swear at one point twin peaks was on hbo and now is only on paramount+

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i will never buy paramount+

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

did anyone watch the halo show

if so why

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i will never buy paramount+

good luck getting reruns of Star Trek Enterprise, nerd

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

DoombatINC posted:

hell yeah dude i was just thinking fondly of the shot on video works of Todd Jason Cook earlier and found that youtube's got his first feature Demon Dolls (1993) and his anthology film Horrorscope (1994) (warning: i think one or both of them have boobs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxeZMgFEayM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3xtYYBH928

a while ago i binged a bunch of Todd Jason Cook's horror movies and man this dude never learns what a plot is, it's actually kind of remarkable. like if you watch something from the Polonia Brothers or Chester Novell Turner you can mostly follow whats happening, every aspect is incompetent but you get the idea that these people have seen a movie and know the nuts and bolts of how they work. in Cook's movies one scene barely feels like it should follow another, things seem to happen without motivation, insane poo poo happens and then is quickly forgotten, everything has a dreamlike cadence - and while that would be frustrating with a real movie, its that extra little piquancy that elevates Cook's works to something interesting.

Ty for these I'll put them on my pile to watch!