Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
ghost rider isn't worth tokens imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

New Leaf posted:

Is Ghost Rider a worthwhile pull with tokens? I only have 1100 so not like I'm going to be able to afford something expensive soon.

what s3 cards are you missing? this tier list is reasonable, it has ghost rider as a b tier right next to debrii which is fair imo

https://marvelsnapzone.com/marvel-snap-pool-3-card-tier-list/

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

should I pin Hela?

big time pool 3 I'm missing:
cerebro
daredevil
electro
leader
mister negative
patriot
polaris
spider-man
taskmaster
wave
zero

only pool 4 I've got is Attuma

EDIT: also saw that amazing Mysterio head variant and couldn't resist

EDIT: holding out for patriot then

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Buying random cards with tokens won't do anything except make you token poor. Figure out the cards you need for the decks you want to play and buy those.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

buffalo all day posted:

what s3 cards are you missing? this tier list is reasonable, it has ghost rider as a b tier right next to debrii which is fair imo

https://marvelsnapzone.com/marvel-snap-pool-3-card-tier-list/

Uhh I'm missing more than I have from the look of that list. Also, is Dazzler really meant to be unobtainable? Because I totally have her..

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

New Leaf posted:

Uhh I'm missing more than I have from the look of that list. Also, is Dazzler really meant to be unobtainable? Because I totally have her..

Dazzler's the new Pool 5 card. She's hard to get now but in 2 months she should be in pool 3.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

RevKrule posted:

Dazzler's the new Pool 5 card. She's hard to get now but in 2 months she should be in pool 3.

Ahh okay I guess I got "lucky".

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

buffalo all day posted:

just tried the second list, its very stupid but you definitely get a max-strength dino and a pretty good mystique at the end, also the carrier dropping like groot and bucky barnes in my hand was pretty funny

update, i took opponent's darkhawk with cable, then played it on 4, then dino on 5, then mystique + sif on 6 (discarding helicarrier) to give dino and mystique +6 each and win the game. this deck rules.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I wonder if it will be possible to make a decent deck that is all characters on a team, like I don't think there are 12 SHIELD or Guardians characters but it's pretty close. You could probably do 12 all mutants.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

New Leaf posted:

Ahh okay I guess I got "lucky".

If it makes you feel better, my first reserve after they launched the Pool 4/5 initial cards was Super Skrull who seemed incredibly OP at the time but....has seen like zero usage once I realized I really don't want to steal a lot of ongoing effects.

Been a while since I played Sera/Surfer deck and switched to it, feels good to play again. Also a turn 6 play of a 3 cost on reveal followed by Surfer and then dropping Cosmo on the same location with priority is a hella good play, especially if you're pinned into one or two lanes. Just stopped an Ironheart to Tiger to Odin play with it.

Sometimes when you play a deck too long it begins to feel bad because you know it so well and spend too much time overthinking things.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

When you think about it sif+helicarrier is like running a second coulson. Which isnt the worst thing I like Coulson.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

New Leaf posted:

If I hit a season milesone and drop below that, it doesn't matter for next season, right? Will it still place me as though I was at the milestone?

No. If you hit 61 and drop to 59, you will start the next season at 20. 20-30 is all bots though, I dropped to 20 this month and got back to 60 easily enough.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

priznat posted:

I wonder if it will be possible to make a decent deck that is all characters on a team, like I don't think there are 12 SHIELD or Guardians characters but it's pretty close. You could probably do 12 all mutants.

I think they really missed an opportunity here for good design and themeing with teams like that having built in synergy or at least a consistent theme like they did with the Guardians gimmick. Xmen, Avengers, Sinister 6, there are countless teams they could build around. It could make for good easy to get into decks for casual players and more interesting deck building by having similar effects across the power and cost scale.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Shield has a common gimmick too, but yeah there should be more

Avengers and X-Men are probably too big though since like 90% of the Marvel Universe has been in one or the other or both of those groups

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Finally got my first Series 4 card 8-)

It was Helicarrier 8-)

Lol this was my first Series 4 as well. I actually get some mileage out of it recently with a Hela deck, it can be nice to keep my hand from running empty and run some extra interference to prevent Hela from being discarded. Very circumstantial but eh.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

I hope they make a big shield payoff card someday like put into play X number of cards that didn't start in your deck or something.

Too bad Moongirl is the real benefactor if they ever do something like that.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Gonna try that Darkhawk/Dino/Helicarrier deck after work. I love grab bag cards with a deck that can use them plus other wincons.

With the introduction to Battle Mode tomorrow, I wonder how long it'll be before we start to see a competitive scene for Snap.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

RevKrule posted:

If it makes you feel better, my first reserve after they launched the Pool 4/5 initial cards was Super Skrull who seemed incredibly OP at the time but....has seen like zero usage once I realized I really don't want to steal a lot of ongoing effects.

Onslaught's Citadel is the featured location Feb 5 - 6. I plan to bust out my Super Skrull for that. Gotta make that mistake of 6000 tokens count for something.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Waffleopolis posted:

With the introduction to Battle Mode tomorrow, I wonder how long it'll be before we start to see a competitive scene for Snap.

I would bet it goes the Hearthstone way of "bring 3 decks, matches are best of 3" or something. Sideboarding would be incredibly one note with Cosmo and Enchantress being 100% picks.

Matches being a best of 3/race to 10 cubes is inherently way more interesting than the default best of 1 mode though. That should be the format for competitive ranked and B01 should be no-stakes casual (but still let you progress quests and such).

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm just gonna make a bug deck.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Push El Burrito posted:

it’s missing batman

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Push El Burrito posted:

For some reason looking at this deck made me realize what a good 1 cost card Ant Man is for Surfer decks. Toss him and Brood out on T4 and then come T6 it's an easy 20 lane.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

buffalo all day posted:

it’s missing batman

I appreciate this post

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

Lol I saw Mary and thought "Typhoid Mary? she's not bug-theme-ohhhhhhh" :haw:

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

buffalo all day posted:

it’s missing batman
love it

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

RevKrule posted:

For some reason looking at this deck made me realize what a good 1 cost card Ant Man is for Surfer decks. Toss him and Brood out on T4 and then come T6 it's an easy 20 lane.

Cap is better because he isn't vulnerable to Elektra or Warmonger and benefits from Surfer's buff.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I had a dream last night that they changed Leader to a 5/0 'Copy the last card your opponent played'. An anti-Taskmaster, if you will. I'm awake now but I still think it might work.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

buffalo all day posted:

it’s missing batman

*class all stands up*

BATMAN ISN'T MARVEL

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

New Leaf posted:

Cap is better because he isn't vulnerable to Elektra or Warmonger and benefits from Surfer's buff.

I usually run Punisher rather than Cap in my Surfer deck. I feel like it makes people question what the hell I'm doing. My 1 cost in the deck right now is Iceman so It's not like I'm giving up much to replace him.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Fate Accomplice posted:

should I pin Hela?

guess who just got Hela from a reserve

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Cosy youtuber guy just had a vid ranking the 1 costs and sunspot, iceman and bast were all S tier, makes sense.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

priznat posted:

Cosy youtuber guy just had a vid ranking the 1 costs and sunspot, iceman and bast were all S tier, makes sense.

Uatu or Elektra at the bottom?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

Uatu or Elektra at the bottom?

Uatu yes, Elektra C tier. I basically just skipped to the chart, lol

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

Fate Accomplice posted:

guess who just got Hela from a reserve

Nice it definitely feels good to not have to spend tokens

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I just got Leader right now and I.. don't want to be evil

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

priznat posted:

I just got Leader right now and I.. don't want to be evil

I refuse to use him unless it comes from my opponent's deck.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
as someone who plays a lot of mtg: arena let me tell you the best way to understand archetypes that make you mad is to play them yourself and see how other people get around the gameplan you thought was unbeatable

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

priznat posted:

Uatu yes, Elektra C tier. I basically just skipped to the chart, lol

These kind of charts don't make any sense to me. Half of them are a measure of how strong the archetype they fit into is and there are also random goodstuff ones in there. Yondu and Zero are not "good in any deck", that's an insane assertion (but it's what the tier list says).

Is the measure like, how much does your winrate improve if you draw this on the correct turn in its archetype? I guess it kind of works that way.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 30, 2023

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

flatluigi posted:

as someone who plays a lot of mtg: arena let me tell you the best way to understand archetypes that make you mad is to play them yourself and see how other people get around the gameplan you thought was unbeatable

Yeah. For the past like week or two I've been playing almost solidly Control Sera and switching to another deck and playing against it feels incredibly powerful because I know pretty much what cards they're looking for, as well as when and where they're gonna look to put things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

They should buff Angel to jump from deck or hand if a destruction occurs