Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Ellaybee posted:

I’m still relatively new to the game, and haven’t quite played a full season yet, but man people weren’t kidding when they said that growth comes to a grinding halt with the transition to Reserves. I know they offer a 1/4 chance if a new card but so far that doesn’t seem to be playing out for me that way. I did land Mystique recently so she’s been fun :toot: I’m looking forward to assembling some of the decks without having to include budget substitutions.

I’ve been inching through the 50s for like a week and just can’t seem to crack 60 with my cheapo Blue Kazoo deck or DoubleDino (thanks to the aforementioned Mystique). Any tips for efficient progression (ie, not throwing money away)?

It’s all throwing money away but in order of efficiency, the welcome bundle, jubilee/lunar new year bundle/and the season pass are all reasonably good deals. Zabu is going to get tweaked next week but you’d still get a full week with him and there are other good rewards on the season pass track. With regard to your deck a mystique/moon girl/dino deck sounds like a pretty reasonable one. Sticking with a deck and working on when to retreat (probably more than you are) and when to snap (ditto) will give you the biggest returns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

RevKrule posted:

You cannot play a card in the location she was played in no matter where it moves to. It's an edge case interaction but yes.

The card says "here" but it should read location.

Yeah, same (but reverse of what you want to do) with Rescue, though with her the animation effect is pretty apparent that it stays with the location she was originally played at.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Ellaybee posted:

I’m still relatively new to the game, and haven’t quite played a full season yet, but man people weren’t kidding when they said that growth comes to a grinding halt with the transition to Reserves. I know they offer a 1/4 chance if a new card but so far that doesn’t seem to be playing out for me that way. I did land Mystique recently so she’s been fun :toot: I’m looking forward to assembling some of the decks without having to include budget substitutions.

1 in 4 is accurate but they can be 7 boxes away from one another because they’re in pools of 4.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Ellaybee posted:

I’ve been inching through the 50s for like a week and just can’t seem to crack 60 with my cheapo Blue Kazoo deck or DoubleDino (thanks to the aforementioned Mystique). Any tips for efficient progression (ie, not throwing money away)?

It's not a 1/4 chance, it's a guarantee.

Every group of 4 reserves has 1 each of these:

-card
-credits
-tokens
-cosmetic

The first group of reserves starts with 1006, 1018, 1030, 1042. It will contain 1 card. The next is 1054, 1066, 1078, 1090. Again, 1 card.

And so on.

Obviously if your first card is in 1006 and the second in 1090, it may seem that you're getting less than 1/4, but in the end you still opened 8 reserves and got 2 cards.

(But yes, progress does slow tremendously.)

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

New Leaf posted:

Meanwhile I get my 4th Jubilee variant..

TBF Jubilee has some absolutely banger variants though. I've got 4 Cable variants and 3 Starlord variants. I'd happily trade for another Jubilee variant.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I was watching this cleanup141 fella do a infinite climb with a series 2 deck and I'll be damned if i didnt go from 40-45 with it finally breaking out. I also got v excited popped Sera which everyone goes gaga over in the thread and I've been using New Leafs sera control deck from like 7 pages ago too but somehow I'm still getting more wins with the s2 deck.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
https://snap.fan/news/january-31st-battle-mode-patch/

This list of upcoming variants has my wallet crying

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

As someone who isn't deep into comics I have to ask: what does Birthpool mean in relation to Deadpool? A birthday? At home delivery with a midwife?

The Sean posted:

In more positive discussion, at the end of last week I decided to try climbing again versus just using completely goofy decks for fun. I started at about 29 and am up to 66 as of this writing. I'll see how far I can go with one week left.

24hrs later and I got to 76. I feel like getting out of the 30s was the hardest part of the journey (so far).

The Sean fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 31, 2023

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Wolverine still just seems like a worse Bucky

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

SweetJahasus posted:

https://snap.fan/news/january-31st-battle-mode-patch/

This list of upcoming variants has my wallet crying

Good lord. That Typhoid Mary rules. All of that rules.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Reek posted:

Hypothetically can't he bounce around multiple times? Plus he can get kicked to areas that are otherwise inaccessible like Sanctum if you're lucky. (Unless they changed all that in the patch)

RevKrule posted:

TBF Jubilee has some absolutely banger variants though. I've got 4 Cable variants and 3 Starlord variants. I'd happily trade for another Jubilee variant.

Oh yeah all her looks are great, but I already had Peach Momoko which is undeniably best.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Wolverine is coded to jump to where he helps the least (if you play him) and where he wins the game (if your opponent plays him).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
They did the meme wolverine skin. Also master mold finally getting released this month is super big for all the ronan fans out there.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Reek posted:

He just got a buff that will make him funny to drop against those big time Gambit destroy decks.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sabretooth still needs a buff real bad. Not even a defectively designed card just too weak at 4 for 3.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

KazigluBey posted:

I'd like to point out that the dev buzz we're getting is not dissimilar to what we got back during Hearthstone's early days, and if the same leads who came over to do Snap still hold to the same principles as back then all we'll get is very irregular nerfs that annihilate cards and no buffs ever. Either a card is left to poison the meta for an insane length of time or action is taken that renders it nigh-on unplayable, no in-between.

I will ofc be happy to be wrong on this.

I'm still bummed about what they did to Warsong Commander. Grim Patron warrior was so fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHP3PyHFWog

No Wave posted:

Sabretooth still needs a buff real bad. Not even a defectively designed card just too weak at 4 for 3.

His secret buff is that you forget he's still in your opponent's hand.

Got a math question:
I know they messed about with how Onslaught and Mystique's doubling ongoing effects work. As I understood it, effects would be additive, and not multiplicative. I thought I understood the change, but my math skills are failing me.
Shouldn't Blue Marvel having his +1 quadrupled twice grant everyone +8 power? 2x2x1+2x2x1 = 8 (originally it would have been 4x4x1)? Why is it +6? The only way I get to 6 is if his +1 gets doubled to +2 (that would be the base effect of Onslaught/Mystique's doubling), and then he gets a +4 because one of the others got doubled (somehow it doesn't care that Mystique and Onslaught are doubling each other)?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Blue Marvel gives +1 base.
Mystique doubles (+2), and changes Onslaught to quadruple (+4)

That's probably the +6 math. Each applies individually.

E: oh right, Onslaught on Mystique. I guess they don't interact together like you guess

Zodack fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 31, 2023

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Quote is not edit

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Quote is not edit. End me

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Re: the 1 in 4 caches having a card, what I have been doing is just wait until you have 2200 credits to upgrade and crack caches. That way I always get 1 card. Each cache takes 600 credits worth of upgrades, you get 4x50 credits along the CL path. You can start at 2100 if you have 4 greys to upgrade. Guarantee a new card every ~3 days.

Have to be at the beginning of a group of 4, which starts here

uXs posted:

The first group of reserves starts with 1006, 1018, 1030, 1042. It will contain 1 card. The next is 1054, 1066, 1078, 1090. Again, 1 card.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Toozler posted:

Re: the 1 in 4 caches having a card, what I have been doing is just wait until you have 2200 credits to upgrade and crack caches. That way I always get 1 card. Each cache takes 600 credits worth of upgrades, you get 4x50 credits along the CL path. You can start at 2100 if you have 4 greys to upgrade. Guarantee a new card every ~3 days.

Have to be at the beginning of a group of 4, which starts here

And I'm pretty sure the first group of 40 (for pool 4 cards) also starts at 1006. And then 1486, 1966, 2446, 2926, 3406, ...

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Looking at the future release cards, to me the best ones appear to be Stature, Nimrod, maybe Snowguard? Not sure how that ability will work. Master Mold seems like it pairs well with Darkhawk (although most people don't have that card yet), and Silk/Ghost-Spider I have no idea. I don't really play move decks often.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Bottom Liner posted:

I would save three tokens unless you want to abuse Absorb Spider combo before the Zabu nerf.

I honestly think Zabu Dracula is the best deck at the moment and that's already built - I'll be fine.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Hope they add multi-player to this eventually! The current single player mode is fun but gets frustrating when the AI is constantly countering my deck perfectly no matter what I play!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Help me figure this one out..

I assumed using Polaris to pull someone over to the bridge would trigger it. It killed Bucky and someone else who was there but then stopped with 2 cards left. I understand that they didn't originate there but shouldn't the location keep killing them since there's more than 1 card there?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

No Wave posted:

They did the meme wolverine skin. Also master mold finally getting released this month is super big for all the ronan fans out there.

One of my favorite decks right now is a Ronan control deck I put together. It's also one of the few I didn't netdeck. Works reasonably well.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

New Leaf posted:

Help me figure this one out..

I assumed using Polaris to pull someone over to the bridge would trigger it. It killed Bucky and someone else who was there but then stopped with 2 cards left. I understand that they didn't originate there but shouldn't the location keep killing them since there's more than 1 card there?

Vibranium can't be destroyed, and I'm assuming Winter Solider was created by Bucky dying at the end of Turn 6, so it exists outside the location checking state? Similar to how Attuma under Invisible Woman can't die after Turn 6 because the game is over.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Rickety Bridge (and everything else) only triggers once per turn

if that game went another turn, Winter Soldier would be killed. Vibranium is immortal though.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
read the text on vibranium lol

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Embarrassingly I didn't realize it was unbreakable before now.. Has it always been that way?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

New Leaf posted:

Embarrassingly I didn't realize it was unbreakable before now.. Has it always been that way?

Yep.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Well, gently caress. I thought I was clever dropping Odin on the same lane as Gambit to kill his Iron Man. Unfortunately, Mystique still copied his ability despite Gambit going/striking first? Sigh.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

New Leaf posted:

Yeah, but let's be honest: no one has ever read Vibranium until exactly this happens and then you remember it forever

Ninurta posted:

Well, gently caress. I thought I was clever dropping Odin on the same lane as Gambit to kill his Iron Man. Unfortunately, Mystique still copied his ability despite Gambit going/striking first? Sigh.

Yeah, nothing about Mystiques ability requires a card to still be on the board. Alive or dead, Iron Man was still "the last card you played". Though, "has" does kind of imply present tense, so I get you.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Ninurta posted:

This also happens with Taskmaster. It's a frustrating interaction when you have them dead bang.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Good time to play combo decks. Not gonna be a ton of Leech around for a while thanks to that Leader nerf.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I'm having a lot of fun going from rank 95 to 70 and below. Its really fun watching silver surfer just fly out of everyones hand turn 6 and easily win the game.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

DurosKlav posted:

I'm having a lot of fun going from rank 95 to 70 and below. Its really fun watching silver surfer just fly out of everyones hand turn 6 and easily win the game.
Oceanmud is one of the only streamers who climbed to infinite this season at high CL without using series 4 or 5. He said it basically wouldn't have been possible without Leech.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DurosKlav posted:

It doesn’t win you game like 50% of the time.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

No Wave posted:

Oceanmud is one of the only streamers who climbed to infinite this season at high CL without using series 4 or 5. He said it basically wouldn't have been possible without Leech.

I've only seen it fail a hand full of times, and even when I yandu him they usually have kazar and ultron to win it for them. Plus every time I start using a deck to counter them I just run into Dracula/Hela decks.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

RevKrule posted:

This also happens with Taskmaster. It's a frustrating interaction when you have them dead bang.

Yet absorbing man needs a card