Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you

Gologle posted:

You know one of these days I'm going to make a level 200+ dude who can just do everything so I can switch weapons and builds at will. drat this game is fun as hell, but it's starting to get exhausting making a new character to a certain level and trying out different builds.

Better plan: make a level 1 +3 weapons guy who has run through the whole game to grab all the items, spells, etc. and then get max rune stacks dropped. If you back up your save, you now have any build at any level ready to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

WoodrowSkillson posted:

looking forward you posting in the bloodborne thread, good hunter

Any word Bluepoint might port it to pc?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Lmao no

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Katamari Democracy posted:

We can only pray they won't

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Katamari Democracy posted:

Why speak such an evil into the world.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

We’re going to get six the last of us and HZD rereleases before bloodborne is ever seen again.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

if you're close enough to one of their data centers (maybe 30-40ms max), PS now'll let you play bloodborne on PC without too much degradation in performance

i tried it out a couple years back and was pretty impressed for what it was capable of at the time, and i imagine it's gotten better since then

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Vermain posted:

if you're close enough to one of their data centers (maybe 30-40ms max), PS now'll let you play bloodborne on PC without too much degradation in performance

i tried it out a couple years back and was pretty impressed for what it was capable of at the time, and i imagine it's gotten better since then

A big reason people want a port is not being stuck at 30 (or less) FPS.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Really looking forward to playing Bloodborne in 4k/60fps on PC when PS4 emulation hits the big leagues

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I don't mind 30fps but my problem with Bloodborne is that it wasn't a consistent 30fps, which likely had more to do with the ancient and creaking PS4 I was given for free than the game itself given how many have beaten and enjoyed it with the exact same setup. An old and wheezing console will also provide a soundtrack to any game it plays, which is a real savings

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

I don't mind 30fps but my problem with Bloodborne is that it wasn't a consistent 30fps, which likely had more to do with the ancient and creaking PS4 I was given for free than the game itself given how many have beaten and enjoyed it with the exact same setup. An old and wheezing console will also provide a soundtrack to any game it plays, which is a real savings

It’s not your console, the game just has bad frame pacing which means it looks choppy and inconsistent even when it’s not actually dropping below 30 FPS (although it does also do that on a base PS4 in some cases).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

No Dignity posted:

Really looking forward to playing Bloodborne in 4k/60fps on PC when PS4 emulation hits the big leagues

Then we can finally turn off the bad chromatic aberration!!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

kecske posted:

until you get to the dragon burnt ruins chest and step over all the warnings because pff who's going to fall for that again

That one was quite a ride.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
A friend hooked me up with a second golden axe, drip secured.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Paracelsus posted:

Large Doot is nowhere near as good as Medium Doot.

:yeah:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3xxBQtzAvE

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
so my level is in the low 60's with vigor around 35, dex around 30, that's where all my points have gone except a couple to get Str high enough to 1 hand Bloodhound Fang

Should I start adding points to something else? I've been messing around with Katanas and picked up Moonveil somewhere along the way, seems like it'd be fun to dual wield with Uchigatana, but it'd require quite a few int points to become usable. Does dex/int have good use outside of what I'm picturing? Is it worth straying from just dex (and vigor)?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Some guy in Lurnia is trying to convince me the horrible Eldrich finger monster I'm working for is actually evil. but he seems creepy so I'm not sure his alternative is better. It's probably an even freakier toe monster or something

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

FreudianSlippers posted:

Some guy in Lurnia is trying to convince me the horrible Eldrich finger monster I'm working for is actually evil. but he seems creepy so I'm not sure his alternative is better. It's probably an even freakier toe monster or something

everybody in the lands between is a master manipulator that need you to do your poo poo for them :colbert: they should all be turned into poop imho

edit: yes even the eye eating lady and the pot man!!! :mad:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Crab man is free of sin while also being by far the sexiest person in the Land's Between, and I say this as a straight man

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

If you hurt Blackguard Big Boggart you go to hell

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
He has an appreciation for Marika's tits, and hell, same

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"You 'ungry for some crab?"

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

you gonna try and tell me a literal divinity does NOT have great knockers?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

you gonna try and tell me a literal divinity does NOT have great knockers?

Consider: what if divinity means transcending knockers?

In Marika's case, this appears to be literally true.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Gotta go see Rennala to respec out of my godlike bazongas

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

skasion posted:

Gotta go see Rennala to respec out of my godlike bazongas

So that's why Ragadon married Rennala.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

not dead yet posted:

everybody in the lands between is a master manipulator that need you to do your poo poo for them :colbert: they should all be turned into poop imho

edit: yes even the eye eating lady and the pot man!!! :mad:

Excuse me but 🐢 :catholic: is pure and clean.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
hiding a magic seal in a rock! nice trick dicks i was only running around for a full hour lmao

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you

wyoak posted:

so my level is in the low 60's with vigor around 35, dex around 30, that's where all my points have gone except a couple to get Str high enough to 1 hand Bloodhound Fang

Should I start adding points to something else? I've been messing around with Katanas and picked up Moonveil somewhere along the way, seems like it'd be fun to dual wield with Uchigatana, but it'd require quite a few int points to become usable. Does dex/int have good use outside of what I'm picturing? Is it worth straying from just dex (and vigor)?

IIRC Moonveil is still quite powerful even at the minimum int requirement with your other points going into dex. Having dex/int will get you a lot of spells that you can mix in with your melee attacks, if that appeals to you. There’s also clayman’s harpoon, which can be pretty nasty when frost infused and dual wielded.

Ultimately I wouldn’t wouldn’t worry about spreading your damage stats a bit to try more weapons at mid level - you don’t get much return on damage stat investment until your weapons are at higher upgrade levels. As long as you’re keeping your vigor leveled you should be just fine. Once you’ve tried some things out and figured out what you like you can respec to be more optimized if you feel like it.

With that said, if you do want to keep your build more focused don’t neglect throwing some points into end. Being able to equip more armor and swing more is always useful.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Today was the last of my prep work some friends have guided me to do. I was using +0 Health and stamina talismans and we can most definitely improve on that. I obtained the Dragoncrest Greatshield Talisman, Green Turtle Talisman, Claw Talisman, and finally the Rotton Winged Sword Insignia.

With this and a calm heart. I decided to once again face Melania, Blade of Miquella. And after a solid 4 attempts and finally learning how to evade (Somewhat) her rude flurry attack. This happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQPfe8h9Xu8
Total Attempts: 31

My brother was able to defeat her before going into the final area, so now I will be exploring areas I have not discovered to get as much as I can before moving onto NG+. Myself, my brother, and another friend are all wanting to start a New character with mods to play online at the same time and try to beat the game like that. So once we get that ball rolling I will not mind sharing my adventures.

But yeah. That's it! I can't believe I have done it. Beating Elden Ring and stomping the optional bosses was not something I thought I would enjoy but here we are. I am looking forward to continue to play this amazing game. Wow, what a ride.

Thank you again Goons for your help. It did not go unread. And you guys are great for rooting newer players and providing help. I will pass this along here as well and I am looking forward to helping people get the same powerful brain chemical release as I have with this game.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Now do it again only this time without ash summons, or craftable items, and on a rockband controller.

War Wizard fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 1, 2023

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

War Wizard posted:

Now do it again only this time without ash summons, or craftable items, and on a rockband controller.

I am proud that I was able to beat the game without ever discovering the Mimic Tear summon but I have heard that was broken as poo poo. Craftable items I never really done and yet I am inclined to get the recipies! My brother rubs it in my face when he shows me how he was able to beat a boss using crafting stuff and I was always trying to figure out how to powerhouse and move forward with the game.

I saw someone beat the game with a DDR pad and as someone who plays a game similar to it called Pump it Up! I am feeling a bit leaning on that! But I think the fun for me will be making a new character and online teaming up using mods. We all agreed and it would be something all of us would be happy to do and have highlights shared online.

While I have beaten Elden Ring; my brother has not, and he is very close to doing so. We both root each other on and provide information and he is moving forward with the ending provided nothing else is discoverable. Once he is done beating the game all three of us will be deciding if its worth our time to do this mod or progress into NG+.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i found two turtles on sorcerer's isle when i find the last im hitting it with a nuke

e: i did it

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 1, 2023

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

verbal enema posted:

i found two turtles on sorcerer's isle when i find the last im hitting it with a nuke

I was just there! Don't hurt them! Inside that hidden area is a talisman that is great if you want to recover stamina faster! Wish I had it early on.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

"You 'ungry for some crab?"

crawdadbod

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
if you wear the Navy Hood with the Exile Armor it has the Navy Hood swapped to have the left side also pushed down the back and that owns

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Commander Niles was no loving joke. Had a spirit summon and the NPC summon and still it was basically me racing to kill all the adds before my friends died. Stormhawk Dean really sucked it up, died hella easy. Third attempt, everything was dead except for an extra mosquito that aggroed from outside the arena (that was fun to deal with while fighting the three heavy axe guys, already feeling pressure because the NPC summon was almost dead) so I kited Niles around for probably a full minute throwing Kukris until he died. Christ, what an rear end in a top hat

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i have found the hand area

i am leaving the hand area

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

verbal enema posted:

i have found the hand area

i am leaving the hand area

Give them a fist bump with a fist made of fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Mustached Demon posted:

Give them a fist bump with a fist made of fire.

well considering faith is my tied highest stat at 30 with vigor i just might. havent found any super cool fire spells yet just have dogshit fire fart average fireball and awesome evil eyes but hey its better than my non leveled ranged weapons (i keep the confessor crossbow cuz it looks awesome) also dont tell me where the cool fire spells are i think i have an idea