Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

dumb crypto stuff aside, I really loved Dex.

That 2016 team sure got the best seasons out of like 15 guys, huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Darren O'Day also called it quits.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Also gonna post the Fowler homer everyone forgot about because it happened IMMEDIATELY after Montero just hit a grand slam to break the tie late. People were still buzzing over Montero's homer when Fowler jacked one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL4ThUvOo1Q

A Blantonian home run!

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

i saw this yesterday and meant to post it. he had some very thoughtful words about nick adenhart and how he had the number 34 written under his cap for the rest of his career

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

If I had Musk money I’d buy the Toronto Blue Jays and hire you all to various front office positions

Toronto trades its entire 40-man for Christopher Morel and Matt Mervis

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Also gonna post the Fowler homer everyone forgot about because it happened IMMEDIATELY after Montero just hit a grand slam to break the tie late. People were still buzzing over Montero's homer when Fowler jacked one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL4ThUvOo1Q

A Blantonian home run!

there were at least 3 Dex Moments in 2016 that made me think "holy poo poo, this might actually be it" -- the spring training surprise, this dong (really the montero dong but this was all just Part Of It) and the leadoff dong in game 7.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Julio Cruz posted:

Toronto trades its entire 40-man for Christopher Morel and Matt Mervis

What no Hosmer?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Dex you own, please give up on the crypto poo poo.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I went to see a lot of Orioles games when O'Day was in Baltimore, and we got in the habit of singing 'O'Day' to the tune of 'Ole Ole Ole'.

Edit: We also tried 'Jamie on the Walker' to 'Smoke on the Water' but not as good

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Red posted:

I went to see a lot of Orioles games when O'Day was in Baltimore, and we got in the habit of singing 'O'Day' to the tune of 'Ole Ole Ole'.

Edit: We also tried 'Jamie on the Walker' to 'Smoke on the Water' but not as good

I got one of those O'Day giveaway T-shirts

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Fare thee well Dex, that 2016 of yours was insane and I will never forget it. Sorry it took Joe so long to realize he needed to stop batting Heyward second and you spent like two months getting on base every other AB only to immediately get erased by a ground ball directly to 2B.

Also for the love of god give up the crypto thing you dolt.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1620109479873507336

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://twitter.com/ShiDavidi/status/1620493685350866945?s=20&t=Jg3MIhUzpxA5awEH0d2p2g

Sure, why not?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

That seems fine? He won't be around til the all-star break tho.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

camoseven posted:

I got one of those O'Day giveaway T-shirts

I'm trying to remember if I kept any decent Orioles' giveaways, and all I can think of is a crappy Sammy Sosa bobblehead. The t-shirt giveaways were fine, and I think I have a Markakis shirt somewhere.

Can't believe they didn't give anything large bee-related for Larry Bigbie

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Apparently Darren O'day's birthname was Odechowski

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This sucks. He was really good for a few years and then started giving up big homers a lot and then his arm fell off. The Yankees couldn't bring him back for 4mm a year? That is nothing lol

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

mcmagic posted:

This sucks. He was really good for a few years and then started giving up big homers a lot and then his arm fell off. The Yankees couldn't bring him back for 4mm a year? That is nothing lol

They probably coulda had him for cheaper even, Toronto always has to pay extra for guys

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I'm fine with not having to watch Chad Green give up homeruns all the time and make the same stupid face every time

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Not that this is the biggest issue for them in 2023 but they really haven't gotten any better in the bullpen and if King doesn't come back close to what he was in 2022 it's a pretty bad pen.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Gerblederp posted:

They probably coulda had him for cheaper even, Toronto always has to pay extra for guys

I would like to see evidence of this because I really don't believe this. Toronto has to pay the most for a specific player they want just like every team has to because players almost always sign with the team that offers the most actual money.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I would like to see evidence of this because I really don't believe this. Toronto has to pay the most for a specific player they want just like every team has to because players almost always sign with the team that offers the most actual money.

I was always under the impression the good old boys hate having to cross the border but it’s hard to tell what’s true and what is Sportsnet bullshit.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Not that this is the biggest issue for them in 2023 but they really haven't gotten any better in the bullpen and if King doesn't come back close to what he was in 2022 it's a pretty bad pen.

Given their track record of finding relief pitchers I am far less worried about that than whoever is going to play LF

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nodoze posted:

Given their track record of finding relief pitchers I am far less worried about that than whoever is going to play LF

The lineup is literally EXACTLY THE SAME as the team that got completely poo poo all over by the Astros LMAO

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Gerblederp posted:

I was always under the impression the good old boys hate having to cross the border but it’s hard to tell what’s true and what is Sportsnet bullshit.

The Jays have never had a problem signing players when they've wanted to spend money.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

mcmagic posted:

The lineup is literally EXACTLY THE SAME as the team that got completely poo poo all over by the Astros LMAO

Nah IKF isn't starting anymore, we swear

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

quote:

Hi Tatsuta Age,

‌We have been working hard to renew our deal with the MLB Network to continue carrying their content on YouTube TV. However, we have been unable to reach an agreement, and starting today, January 31, 2023, MLB Network content will no longer be available on YouTube TV. You will also lose access to any previous Library recordings from this channel. Members will be able to continue watching select national MLB games via coverage on FOX, ESPN, and TBS through our Base Plan. We also provide the flexibility to pause or cancel your membership anytime.

‌We apologize for the news and will continue conversations with the MLB to advocate on your behalf, in the hope of restoring their content on YouTube TV.

‌As always, thank you for being a YouTube TV member, and for your patience and understanding.

‌Sincerely,
The YouTube TV team

loving lame

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Lmao I just posted about that... in the fishing thread! Cause this thread also has the fishing thread icon and they are right next to each other in my bookmarks.

Anyway, gently caress all sports leagues and broadcasters. Figure this poo poo out!!!

I have YouTube TV, MLB.tv, ESPN+, Peacock, and Bally Sports Plus, and I still find poo poo I can't watch sometimes. Insane.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Tatsuta Age posted:

loving lame

Yep just got this too. loving stupid

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
there's a fishing thread????????

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Johnny Bravo posted:

there's a fishing thread????????

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3933162&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

There's also a discord !

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

oh hell yes, ive done 6 fishing trips already since getting my 2023 license

thanks!!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

at least the Dodgers avoided an arb hearing with the cat man

https://twitter.com/FabianArdaya/status/1620580506218954754

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Why wont new people watch our game as it becomes increasingly convoluted and expensive to watch??

It must be the pace of play.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tatsuta Age posted:

loving lame

don't worry though they didn't decrease your monthly subscription fee to account for the loss of a service

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Is MLB still doing ads on the back of the mounds in 2023? I realize that this is probably a weird hangup but I've always watched the pitcher's hands and their release point and a big loving ad right at their feet is really distracting and ruins the viewing experience for me.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

camoseven posted:

Lmao I just posted about that... in the fishing thread! Cause this thread also has the fishing thread icon and they are right next to each other in my bookmarks.

Anyway, gently caress all sports leagues and broadcasters. Figure this poo poo out!!!

I have YouTube TV, MLB.tv, ESPN+, Peacock, and Bally Sports Plus, and I still find poo poo I can't watch sometimes. Insane.

the fact that somehow the MLB.tv package doesn't just cover all this is insanity. charge me double for a "no blackouts, every game" package! I'll pay it, I'm an idiot!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

camoseven posted:

Bally going bankrupt is gonna have some weird ripple effects too

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
In 2017 (I think) shortly before the playoffs my friend and I were listening to an Effectively Wild podcast at work where one of the guys referred to Chad Green as the Yankees secret weapon for the playoffs. So ever since then we exclusively called him secret weapon Chad Green. Welcome to the Jays, secret weapon!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Hekk posted:

Is MLB still doing ads on the back of the mounds in 2023? I realize that this is probably a weird hangup but I've always watched the pitcher's hands and their release point and a big loving ad right at their feet is really distracting and ruins the viewing experience for me.

Hell yeah they are, and there's going to be ads on uniforms this season, too! It's the worst!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

maffew buildings posted:

Hell yeah they are, and there's going to be ads on uniforms this season, too! It's the worst!

Kyle Hendrick's rear end, brought to you by Binnys Beverage Depot.