Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

bump

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
haha

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

War has begun

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
[boban voice] he’s bumping it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Draymond swinging his feed around wildly as he goes for a ball:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

there are dudes here that are too scared to post in sas

lol pathetic

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

In Training posted:

still don't understand why there's a basketball thread in the Politics forum

We just talk about Kareem's latest articles here, you can safely ignore all the Sixers stuff

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
who wants to join my anarchism thread in SAS

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Why the NBA is a model for ancap business that can be generalized around the world. In this essay, I will...

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the magic would be a one seed in the west

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
when your team loses to a lottery team:

euphronius posted:

the magic would be a one seed in the west

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
the Magic are 10-10 vs the west, which (comparing records vs the west) would put them 11th (of 16) in the west + magic, tied with the Grizzlies.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

no the sixers beat the nuggets

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
i always sucked at actual basketball but was p. dece at

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

My intuition says that this is a must win game for the Lakers for some reason and that they need to improve to 4 games below .500 rather than drop to 6

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

My intuition says that this is a must win game for the Lakers for some reason and that they need to improve to 4 games below .500 rather than drop to 6

good. i hope they lose.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I enjoyed the Lakers collapse last year but I feel so bad for them at this point that I kind of hope they get it together. I've enjoyed AD's resurgence and Lebron's agelessness

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

I enjoyed the Lakers collapse last year but I feel so bad for them at this point that I kind of hope they get it together. I've enjoyed AD's resurgence and Lebron's agelessness

LeBron is a demigod but I can't stand the rest of the roster. Schroder and Bev are certified jackasses. AD is a great center but he tries to be a versatile forward with his 35% fadeaway midrange game, and only partially makes up for it at the foul line with elite flopping. Westbrook is washed and the discussion about making him sixth man of the year is profoundly sad.

Of course I'd love to see the Lakers duke it out with the Jazz or Thunder in the play-in games, that's just good entertainment.

Hopefully LeBron finds his way to a fun team at some point before retirement.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i will always enjoy the lakers losing

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I like Austin Reeves and Hachimura I guess. I like the Knicks better but I'd like to see the Lakers in the playoffs this year

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i think it would be very funny if the lakers miss the play in by 1 game and everyone starts talking about this specific missed call again at the end of the season

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

Hopefully LeBron finds his way to a fun team at some point before retirement.

lebron moved to LA to make movies, I don't think he's going anywhere. man wants to transition to multimedia

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the bitcoin of weed posted:

lebron moved to LA to make movies, I don't think he's going anywhere. man wants to transition to multimedia

theres always the clippers

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

the bitcoin of weed posted:

He's going to play for the Las Vegas Extraterrestrials in his final year

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

drat Brunson is something

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

fart simpson posted:

i think it would be very funny if the lakers miss the play in by 1 game and everyone starts talking about this specific missed call again at the end of the season

lol I was thinking about that. The West is such a clusterfuck that it could easily happen

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

drat Brunson is something

Randle however is nothing

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Nah, Randle is having a bounce back year. He's much less consistent from game to game than Brunson but he's had more amazing peak performances on the whole. He sucks at the end of games against double teams and with turnovers though

He'll probably never shoot 40% from 3, average 6 assists, and make 2nd team all NBA ever again tbf. 2021 was wild

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Randle's primary claim to fame is being the "best player" on the Knicks. He's a plodding, slow forward who takes more shots than his talent level as a 33% career shooter from range supports. He can bully pretty much anyone in the post but he only actually does that like 20% of the time. He also loves to pound the air out of the ball until there are two seconds left on the clock, particularly in key possessions.

I've also yet to see him attempt much in the way of defense. I think he's too slow to stay in front of most players so he mostly just tries to clog the lane and does the thing where he sticks an arm up from six feet away to "contest" when he's closest to a perimeter shooter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

He's been a pretty drat efficient stretch four this season but he was absolutely terrible last year. He went from 2nd team all NBA to being arguably one of the worst power forwards in the NBA. This season he's closer to how he was the year before last but he does have clear flaws on defense/turnovers