Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Can't wait for those sweet Binance patches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Tatsuta Age posted:

the fact that somehow the MLB.tv package doesn't just cover all this is insanity. charge me double for a "no blackouts, every game" package! I'll pay it, I'm an idiot!

Yea I mean look at all the poo poo I subscribe to, I'm obviously dumb as hell and willing to pay a lot to watch my favorite large men hit and throw balls of various shapes and sizes. But even dummies like me have a limit on how many bills I want to deal with.

elentar posted:

Bally going bankrupt is gonna have some weird ripple effects too

For sure, I have no idea what's gonna happen. I got it a few months ago cause it's the only way to watch my local NBA team without getting actual wired cable.

And it's kinda expensive, im basically paying $2 per game im actually able to sit down and watch. But as I already said im really stupid, so they got me. And the more I think about it the more I think $2 is fair enough and if I could simply pay that amount for each game I want to watch I would gladly do it. Way cheaper than physically going to the game!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

As much as Bell and Rogers suck huge rear end and I hate them, at least its easy enough to pay 30 bucks a month for "cable" and watch pretty much every Raptors/Jays/insert canadian nhl team here if you are in market game plus about 50% of the NFL games and a pile of rando NBA games. And since I have the actual cable package, I just gave my parents all the logins and they can watch whatever they want with those as well.

The entire reason I got cable was I was sick of tracking all the different subscriptions for sports that I had.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Popete posted:

Why wont new people watch our game as it becomes increasingly convoluted and expensive to watch??

It must be the pace of play.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1620658736602796032

Booooooo

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

YTTV gave up on getting Marquee Network and as far as I know has never tried again

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

YTTV gave up on getting Marquee Network and as far as I know has never tried again

YouTube TV and Dish Network stopped trying to play ball with Sinclair a long time ago, because Sinclair is intransigent on its per-subscriber fee.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

they did the same thing when they dropped all the bally RSNs, and as far as I can tell they never offer any retention/returner discounts, so I honestly think they're going to hold on to the "we're a cable alternative and definitely not just another version of cable" mantra until they bleed it dry

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

We got YTTV right before the pandemic hit and it was like $35/mo. Now it's $65/mo with fewer channels.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Does MLB.tv still work with a VPN? I remember back in like 2012 I didn't even need a VPN, I could just spoof my phone's GPS to say I was in the middle of the ocean, but I imagine they've tamped down on stuff like that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

We got YTTV right before the pandemic hit and it was like $35/mo. Now it's $65/mo with fewer channels.

I think this is where it was when I dropped it a couple years ago. Pretty sure it would cost me less than half that to just bundle my internet with cable now (probably the same back then but I was still happy with YTTV before).

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Greatest two sport athlete of all time

https://twitter.com/greggdoyelstar/status/1620793342001823745?s=46&t=cSh6x2TVIIAfPhuprMkgYw

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Lester Shy posted:

Does MLB.tv still work with a VPN? I remember back in like 2012 I didn't even need a VPN, I could just spoof my phone's GPS to say I was in the middle of the ocean, but I imagine they've tamped down on stuff like that.

It does but if they catch you they'll ban your account

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Sounds like he'll probably have a pro bowling career after he retires from baseball, pretty neat.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He's probably cheating at bowling like he cheated at baseball smh

e: I'll throw on a :v: as well in case anyone thinks I'm being serious

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 1, 2023

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Popete posted:

Sounds like he'll probably have a pro bowling career after he retires from baseball, pretty neat.

but he already has a pro bowling career

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

maffew buildings posted:

but he already has a pro bowling career

Yeah but like a full time one.

quote:

Betts could’ve bowled his way here on his own, but we’ll never know. He received an exemption into the main draw because the U.S. Bowling Congress, which runs the U.S. Open, knows a good a story when it hears one.

Not to say he doesn't deserve it, he clearly is good enough to play at that level.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's kind of surreal to see a post from someone who was banned literally minutes ago.

It's like the death rattle of an user account.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Absolute king
https://twitter.com/nut_history/status/1620800605672607744?s=20&t=1caN8tZPLNh6P8f2HGookw

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Kirios posted:

It's kind of surreal to see a post from someone who was banned literally minutes ago.

It's like the death rattle of an user account.

lol you'd think after 22 years here he'd know which thread tags get you an autoban.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Hekk posted:

lol you'd think after 22 years here he'd know which thread tags get you an autoban.

reading rules or paying attention or doing anything that is conscientious is the antithesis of everything i believe in as a poster

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
maffew....

Hekk posted:

lmao

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

on the one hand it should be easy to just disable those thread tags for non-mods, but on the other hand it's very funny when someone accidentally autobans

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

maffew buildings posted:

reading rules or paying attention or doing anything that is conscientious is the antithesis of everything i believe in as a poster

Welcome to the accidental autoban club, brother

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

accidental autobans remain one of the funniest parts of the forums experience

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The illustrious club that includes people like Bust Rodd

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'll admit I did not know there were autoban tags.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Popete posted:

there's a message on the post thread page that says not to use them

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Popete posted:

There must be other radium-created autoban triggers as well, I never used one of those tags and still got slapped

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The illustrious club that includes people like Bust Rodd

is bust rodd still around

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I got banned with an old account for posting a thread with one of those tags when Joel Quennville got canned from the avalanche

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

uggy posted:

is bust rodd still around

he was banned for posting about a sex scene in cyberpunk 2077, rap sheet basically says "if you talkk about sex again you will get a perma" and he has not reregged

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

in my defense I am incredibly dumb

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/BaseballandLaw/status/1620611268926390272

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If I ever got auto banned for unknowingly breaking some dumb rule I might not even bother coming back. Luckily I already barely wander outside half a dozen threads.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

autobanning should be left back in the days of post in this thread to get banned and other such quick buck lowtax tactics where it belongs

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

This made me wonder what would actually happen if MLB lost the antitrust exemption

https://www.pitcherlist.com/what-if-mlb-lost-its-antitrust-exemption/
https://theathletic.com/2534907/2021/04/23/its-very-valuable-what-would-change-if-mlb-lost-its-antitrust-exemption/

Minor leaguers would get paid more, mlb.tv blackouts might end, relocation would be easier (the A's could move to San Jose), the Cubs wouldn't have been allowed to block those rooftop seats with a scoreboard... I dunno, seems like it would be a good thing overall?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

autobanning should be left back in the days of post in this thread to get banned and other such quick buck lowtax tactics where it belongs

This forum has a lot of very weird anachronisms but I'll admit it's also kind of funny when something like this happens.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Pussy Boss posted:

This made me wonder what would actually happen if MLB lost the antitrust exemption

https://www.pitcherlist.com/what-if-mlb-lost-its-antitrust-exemption/
https://theathletic.com/2534907/2021/04/23/its-very-valuable-what-would-change-if-mlb-lost-its-antitrust-exemption/

Minor leaguers would get paid more, mlb.tv blackouts might end, relocation would be easier (the A's could move to San Jose), the Cubs wouldn't have been allowed to block those rooftop seats with a scoreboard... I dunno, seems like it would be a good thing overall?
It would only be bad for MLB owners

MLB gets a lot of legal leeway in things that other leagues don't get because of the antitrust exemption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The FedBall antitrust exemption is so patently dumb because it rules MLB is not interstate commerce, which is objectively not true at all