Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

Sadly, it's probably the smart move to make. Wouldn't shock me down the road if YT started demonetizing videos for having ANY curse words

Lets face it. If Youtube could get away with it (and they oft do because of the odious realities of video hosting) they would demonetise content creators for use of the letter "e".

It's an absolute poo poo hole. The Best thing I ever did was use a third party client and YT-DLP for youtube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The move is having a funny quick sound effect over your curses, it's what Max Dood does.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Do like Metalocalypse and replace the swears with guitar licks

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
There's a War Thunder Youtuber I watch once in a while who covers up his swears with the sound of a minigun firing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Hi Fi Rush is so good. Pat's been musing it, and I agree, this feels like one of the less intensive Platinum games, but way more Clover. I'm only on the third mission/chapter/Chorus, but there's been a few encounters where I'm just deeply in the zone.

Hi Fi Rush, Resident Evil 4, Final Fantasy 16, Grandblue Fantasy Re:Link, and Spider-man 2. What a blessed year for action games.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah, as soon as he got to the first 2d section I was like "that's Viewtiful Joe" and then he said "Viewtiful Joe!" right after. It just has that feel

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Hi Fi rush is so cool I'm excited to see woolie play it six months from now.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

Hi Fi rush is so cool I'm excited to see woolie play it six months from now.

People on the subreddit are betting he'll avoid it like the plague because everyone is hyping it up so much, despite it being a game made specifically for him.

Which would be loving hilarious.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Hi Fi rush is so cool I'm excited to see woolie play it six years from now.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The world roaring about Hi Fi Rush, Woolie raises the volume on his headphones so he can better re-read a lore entry on the reapers just in case it did update this time.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Has Woolie talked about playing Crypt of the Necrodancer or Cadence of Hyrule? I remember him having a hard time with the karaoke minigame in Yakuza 7, and I wonder if he'll have trouble getting into the rhythmic combat in Hi-Fi Rush.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
wow! color me surprised!

https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1620315328302714880?s=20

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hell yeah

I got like ten minutes into pat playing it before going "oh this is a VIDEO GAME" and immediately buying it

This is also literally the game I've always wanted to make if I ever made a game, a game where you fight to the beat, and they've done an immaculate job here

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Woolie had an open slot because his first choice was Front Mission 3 (lol 200 part lp), followed by ff9 (there's a possible remake in the future), so now HI-fi rush took the spot since it's *relatively* short

I say relatively, to the guy that made ff6 100 parts

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This is just the Fooly Cooly game I always wanted them to make huh

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Holy poo poo lmao at the little opening animation for Pat's Dead Space lp.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

cowards, give us Reggie playing Dark Souls 2

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

A good poster posted:

Has Woolie talked about playing Crypt of the Necrodancer or Cadence of Hyrule? I remember him having a hard time with the karaoke minigame in Yakuza 7, and I wonder if he'll have trouble getting into the rhythmic combat in Hi-Fi Rush.

tbf the Yakuza 7 karaoke timing is so late that it’s near offbeat, I can’t blame anyone for having trouble with it. I haven’t played Hi-Fi Rush, but if the timing on that is proper then he probably won’t have issues.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

mistermojo posted:

cowards, give us Reggie playing Dark Souls 2

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The cost of Hi Fi Rush for Woolie was too great
https://twitter.com/Rumbleverse/status/1620528426670239746

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

wow its going down already? must have really been nobody playing, i guess? like once a game is done it can't be that expensive to just keep it running + collect income, unless it was just costing more than it made. Like why issue refunds for everyone instead of just.. keeping it open?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I imagine there's probably enough of a cost in keeping the servers running and some engineers around with knowledge to keep poo poo from breaking. Might be some other good business reasons why it's more trouble then it's worth, and probably some dumb ones like "if you trash you work its a tax write-off" or some crap.

It's developed by Iron Galaxy who seems pretty small, but published by Epic, makes me wonder who's decision it was.

Probably doesn't help a lot of games are expected to see continued post-launch support, and the probably set up for that exact expectation, so that might weigh on this particularly decision. It's a shame that it can't just be a standalone thing people could launch and organize on their own. Sort of sucks we're really in an era of games where preservation is a total nightmare.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It must've been a sudden Epic decision. poo poo was apparently rated for Switch last week, and in the presser Iron Galaxy sounds hopeful that they can relaunch the game somehow sometime.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Was nice of those devs to spend years and millions of dollars developing a game from their favorite podcast bit from 8yrs ago

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Reggie's playthrough of ME3 just took a loving wild left turn

He accidentally romanced Cortez

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Froghammer posted:

Reggie's playthrough of ME3 just took a loving wild left turn

He accidentally romanced Cortez
hahahahahahahahaha

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Does anyone have the infamous post from the goon who was extremely upset that he mistakenly specced into the Gay perk in Fallout

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Lol how did that happen again? He saw 'Confirmed Bachelor' and thought "that's me, a sexy eligible bachelor" or something?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Dabir posted:

Lol how did that happen again? He saw 'Confirmed Bachelor' and thought "that's me, a sexy eligible bachelor" or something?

He was always picking the nicest options for Cortez including supportive paragon interrupts. I was starting to wonder if he knew that was a romance option at all. Guess that answers that question. :v:

To be fair the romance lock-ins in ME3 are super early compared to 1 and 2. You can be set on a romance path with someone before you even get to Rannoch and see Tali again.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I meant the Fallout thing. But gj Reggie for accidentally putting enough nice guy tokens into the sex vending machine

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Dabir posted:

Don’t know the thread, but this is the post

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Ugato posted:

Don’t know the thread, but this is the post

sick of all the thinly veilied homoerotiticism when im sucking and loving men i met on grindr

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh my god

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

He was always picking the nicest options for Cortez including supportive paragon interrupts. I was starting to wonder if he knew that was a romance option at all. Guess that answers that question. :v:

To be fair the romance lock-ins in ME3 are super early compared to 1 and 2. You can be set on a romance path with someone before you even get to Rannoch and see Tali again.

Yes, but I think the lock happened when Shepard meets Cortez in the nightclub and I think it's made very clear there that the options that Reggie chose wre the romance options.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Red Shepard's intergalactic game of gently caress/marry/kill has entered into bonus round :unsmigghh:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Wait I already saw him do the Liara's bartender dad stuff, he was actively working Liara again, so what actually happens now???

I've never seen someone tried to jump ship in THREE

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

A couple of podcasts back Pat and Woolie were talking about a switch joycon that was like a GameCube controller. Anyone remember what specific kind it was?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

A couple of podcasts back Pat and Woolie were talking about a switch joycon that was like a GameCube controller. Anyone remember what specific kind it was?

https://nyxigaming.com/products/nyxi-wizard-wirleless-joy-pad-for-switch-switch-oled

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
Maybe this one?

https://twitter.com/stopmrdomino/status/1620515428106928140

e;fb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Thank you!

Edit: oh, it not good? Darn 😔