Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Toebone posted:

Arnim Zola worth buying if I don’t have black Panther?

Got rekt by a deck with Electro -> Dr Doom -> Armin Zola today. Works well with this weeks location too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

They probably need to take a look at their location frequency values. In addition to there now being too many "not allowed to play" locations, the fact that multiple instances can spawn in a game is just bunk.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

hanyolo posted:

Got rekt by a deck with Electro -> Dr Doom -> Armin Zola today. Works well with this weeks location too

I'm a Dino player rn and really don't like the current location

subbed in an America Chavez just for this rip

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I've been a steady Zola player, and he's great with Dino. Don't have Black Panther but if I did I'd probably run him in the same deck too. He can also do work with Venom/Death decks, and if you go full greed like me you can also add Moon Girl for some real spiciness.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Quinjet owns.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
man, beast-move is super fun. i still screw myself over way too often with heimdall in a move deck, but dropping t4 cloak->beast and then t5 cloak again really lets dagger, torch, or vulture ping pong around like mad.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Walla posted:

It's honestly extremely basic. Regular control shell with Polaris, Vision and Magneto. With all the drat locations that don't let you play cards having 9 power you can move on turn 6 is awesome. If I had Rhino I would put him in for Star Lord and Aero might be better than Magneto once Plunder stops being featured.

# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Star-Lord
# (3) Storm
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Polaris
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Gamora
# (5) Vision
# (6) Magneto
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFyZWRldmlsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQcm9mZXNzb3JYIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHYW1vcmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ25ldG8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlBvbGFyaXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0b3JtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdGFybG9yZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5pZ2h0Y3Jhd2xlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmlzaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

What is the intent of Magneto, pulling those cards so you can win the zones they're in, or playing him in a full lane so nothing can be moved?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Broken interaction. If Zola copies the true Mysterio, he does not reveal at the end of the game and stays a zero value card.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

I think I like the buffed Wolverine.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

How do I check s3 progress

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

How do I check s3 progress

AFAIK you have to check it against a checklist: https://marvelsnapzone.com/collection/

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
having a good time with this zone between nightcrawler/vision and then using aero/wave to completely lock them out of the featured location, along with spiderman and storm to muck up their plays some more and juggernaut to protect the storm lane

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

quite stretched out posted:

having a good time with this zone between nightcrawler/vision and then using aero/wave to completely lock them out of the featured location, along with spiderman and storm to muck up their plays some more and juggernaut to protect the storm lane

Can you share your deck? Sounds like a good time.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Just hit Infinity for the first time. I can’t downrank past 100 so can give out cubes like it’s Christmas, right?

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I'm still a baby mid 3 digit CL but i lucked out with a She Hulk drop today and Sunspot She Hulk Infinaut and DevilDino have just skyrocketed me out of the 40s. I tried throwing electro in there but i don't think i have the other cards to really make it work. Running it with Jubilee/Shang Chi for support, with ice man, armor, scorpion, okoye, and then Morph and Elektra. Elektra i have in cause killmonger seems overkill for my current bracket (very few ultrons)i was also using sentinel for a while but morph seemed to give me more value more often rather than not. Any sub options for series 1-3 to improve this deck archetype?

Edit
VvvvV
Hell yeah thank you, I got so caught up on sera and electro and mana curve thinking I forgot about that combo.

OxMan fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Feb 2, 2023

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

OxMan posted:

I'm still a baby mid 3 digit CL but i lucked out with a She Hulk drop today and Sunspot She Hulk Infinaut and DevilDino have just skyrocketed me out of the 40s. I tried throwing electro in there but i don't think i have the other cards to really make it work. Running it with Jubilee/Shang Chi for support, with ice man, armor, scorpion, okoye, and then Morph and Elektra. Elektra i have in cause killmonger seems overkill for my current bracket (very few ultrons)i was also using sentinel for a while but morph seemed to give me more value more often rather than not. Any sub options for series 1-3 to improve this deck archetype?

You haven’t mentioned Moongirl in there, who works well with both She-Hulk (You can skip turn 5 and have a big turn 6 or 2 she-hulks and a 4 drop) and devil Dino (keeps your hand big).

When you have Death and Wave they can make for a massive t6 with Moongirl as dropping Wave t5 can allow you to drop 2 She Hulks, 2 Deaths and potentially another 4 cost card if the stars have all aligned right.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Zola is also great with Knull. One of my favourite things that can happen too is when I anticipate the opponent's Shang Chi and Zola someone out of harm's way

On the flip side, dropping Armor onto a Zola target is great.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I just had a thought, wouldn't it be more thematic for Galactus to destroy the location you play him at rather than the other locations? I mean it's not like he turns up somewhere then goes "watch this" and blows up a couple of different planets offscreen.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Dravs posted:

I just had a thought, wouldn't it be more thematic for Galactus to destroy the location you play him at rather than the other locations? I mean it's not like he turns up somewhere then goes "watch this" and blows up a couple of different planets offscreen.

It'd be great if he just destroyed the player that played him. Like, IRL.

(gently caress Plunder Castle)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Dravs posted:

OK, that'd be cool. You let the opponent concentrate on one location, then blow it to smithereens...

winning the other location(s) on points would be hard, though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Maneck posted:

Broken interaction. If Zola copies the true Mysterio, he does not reveal at the end of the game and stays a zero value card.

That's not a broken interaction, it's quite intentional. Nobody knows who Mysterio is until the end of the game, so Zola copies an Illusion.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

New Leaf posted:

What is the intent of Magneto, pulling those cards so you can win the zones they're in, or playing him in a full lane so nothing can be moved?

Either depending on the situation. He's great for just screwing up someone's turn 6 play and most people don't think to play around him. He's ok against Ultron, and pretty good against Devil Dino. Plus I just really like him. I want to try to squeeze in Hulk for when I just need a big body but I'm not sure who I can afford to drop. Probably Polaris.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I just realized that the Zola-Leader interaction is gone for good.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!

team overhead smash posted:

Just hit Infinity for the first time. I can’t downrank past 100 so can give out cubes like it’s Christmas, right?

Yeah, you won't drop below 100. I'm at 103 now and that was a surprise because I thought it just got "stuck" at 100.

If you want to pump up to 8 and help others that's completely possible.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I've whaled pretty hard on this game but I'm just about done. This last location has broken me. Literally got Plunder Castle, Morag, Sanctum Santorum in a row. Who the gently caress are these locations for? A small handful of them are fine to have in the mix but the amount in standard rotation now is insane. The fact I can get this kind of interaction is absolutely nuts. And that's just the worst example I've gotten so far. I've gotten times where it's some bullshit like Plunder Castle and Death's Domain and another ok location.

I've dropped probably more levels in the past 24 hours from this poo poo than I think I have ever slid in my entire time playing and it's just absolutely destroyed my enjoyment of the game. I know cubes are bullshit and just play the game but ... how. How am I supposed to play the game when the game itself won't let me even put cards down.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!

RevKrule posted:

I've whaled pretty hard on this game but I'm just about done. This last location has broken me. Literally got Plunder Castle, Morag, Sanctum Santorum in a row. Who the gently caress are these locations for? A small handful of them are fine to have in the mix but the amount in standard rotation now is insane. The fact I can get this kind of interaction is absolutely nuts. And that's just the worst example I've gotten so far. I've gotten times where it's some bullshit like Plunder Castle and Death's Domain and another ok location.

I've dropped probably more levels in the past 24 hours from this poo poo than I think I have ever slid in my entire time playing and it's just absolutely destroyed my enjoyment of the game. I know cubes are bullshit and just play the game but ... how. How am I supposed to play the game when the game itself won't let me even put cards down.

This location is perfect for my deck already; I run Electro and have a bunch of 6 drops. On other weeks, though, I just barely play on Wed & Thurs because I don't want to make a deck to tailor to the location.

Other than the Plunder/Sanctum issue of limitation, the location that makes 6 cost cards cost 1 less makes them impossibly to play at Plunder, as well.

I really think they should just stop making the areas appear more when they drop (or at least only for one day). Introduce more locations, sure, but don't make people play them nearly exclusively.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Seems like they just need a categorization system for the locations, and make it so you can’t have more than one “bad” one in a given match, outside of Scarlett Witch and that location that changes into another one on 4.

Or give every location a numerical value and locations should roughly even out. Plunder sucks, but less so with like Tinkerer’s Workshop.

canyonero fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 2, 2023

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
At least it’s not two days of Lamentis ruining your deck every game. That was awful :/

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

At least it’s not two days of Lamentis ruining your deck every game. That was awful :/

At least with loving Lamentis it's kind enough to give you almost all the extra draws you would've gotten for the rest of the game and lets you actually play cards.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

RevKrule posted:

It helps to think "cubes are bullshit" but you still can't escape them. The entire game is built and balanced around betting and retreating, if you just pretend the cubes aren't there you're playing a fundamentally different game than the person sitting across from you. Like even if you don't care about rank, losing a bunch of 4 and 8 cube matches and winning a couple 1 and 2 cube ones you're still cognizant that you're getting owned. If you're blind to snapping you are just missing a significant aspect of every single match.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!

Tender Bender posted:

It helps to think "cubes are bullshit" but you still can't escape them. The entire game is built and balanced around betting and retreating, if you just pretend the cubes aren't there you're playing a fundamentally different game than the person sitting across from you. Like even if you don't care about rank, losing a bunch of 4 and 8 cube matches and winning a couple 1 and 2 cube ones you're still cognizant that you're getting owned. If you're blind to snapping you are just missing a significant aspect of every single match.

It is extremely possible to not give a poo poo. I have played hundreds of games without snapping or caring if the opponent snapped, instead focusing on how I can have fun with the cards. As for retreats when I don't care about cubes, it's more about "welp, I lost this one. No point in going on." I even dipped into the 10s for a bit this season.

You have a general point but I don't think it's fully applicable.

vvvvvvv - well put

The Sean fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Feb 2, 2023

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Locations are not a neutral battleground, they are the enemy. Bring tools to fight them.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I held off on buying Ultron yesterday, and now the game rewards me with the card from a cache.

boar guy posted:

getting pretty sick of odin/wong/tiger

What did you say? I cant hear you over the sound of all these cubes.

You cant fight against my Tiger and Buff Army Black Panther!

This one took like a minute to do all the effects, for some reason it didnt fast forward.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Feb 2, 2023

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Another amazingly bad location set.

Poor opponent played Hobgoblin on the Pegasus turn, then Shuri on Luke's Bar, then we both skipped a turn into Typhoid Mary on the last turn into my Shang Chi.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
tbh i just think more decks should be teching in cards that can add/move cards to unplayable locations. there's a lot of cards that can do that, and you can probably find one that fits the archetype you're playing

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

flatluigi posted:

tbh i just think more decks should be teching in cards that can add/move cards to unplayable locations. there's a lot of cards that can do that, and you can probably find one that fits the archetype you're playing

Nah, gently caress that. Requiring that every deck run one of the two or three cards that alter locations limits build space considerably. It is a card game, and locations that prevent you from playing the vast majority of cards are not fun.

It should not be possible for a match to roll two or more of the "unplayable" locations.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Feb 2, 2023

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

DurosKlav posted:

I held off on buying Ultron yesterday, and now the game rewards me with the card from a cache.

What did you say? I cant hear you over the sound of all these cubes.

You cant fight against my Tiger and Buff Army Black Panther!

This one took like a minute to do all the effects, for some reason it didnt fast forward.

"I command an army of tigers! Fight on land and sea and sky!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z769xf9ET5A

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Skippy McPants posted:

Nah, gently caress that. Requiring that every deck run one of the two or three cards that alter locations limits build space considerably. Locations that alter how you play the game are good. Locations that prevent you from playing the game are bad. It is a card game, and locations that prevent you from playing the vast majority of cards are not fun.

It should not be possible for a match to roll two or more of the "unplayable" locations.

i'm not talking about quake/rhino (since you can't exactly do anything with scarlet witch and storm if you can't play there), i'm talking about move cards like nightcrawler/vision/captain marvel/heimdall/iron fist & add cards like anim zola/ultron/debrii/hela/white tiger (wolverine might count now? worth it if you're playing destroy). all of those cards see play in decks already

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!

flatluigi posted:

i'm not talking about quake/rhino (since you can't exactly do anything with scarlet witch and storm if you can't play there), i'm talking about move cards like nightcrawler/vision/captain marvel/heimdall/iron fist & add cards like anim zola/ultron/debrii/hela/white tiger (wolverine might count now? worth it if you're playing destroy). all of those cards see play in decks already

Yeah, that's way more than "2 or 3 cards." I think most decks should run something from that list on any day of the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

The Sean posted:

Yeah, that's way more than "2 or 3 cards." I think most decks should run something from that list on any day of the week.

Yeah. Running a deck with no way to 'cheat' power into one or more locations is futile. I don't know how this is suddenly news.