Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Bored posted:

There was one here, that trotted by a tree behind the house most nights, that would stop when I said,” hi Fox,” to turn and look at me, as if it was saying,”Hi, hooman” and then would continue jauntily on its way.

The one I sometimes see now is much more nervous and streaks away as soon as it notices me on the patio.

No clue of this guy feeds this fox after every recital:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyetLw6GGNc

withak posted:

I wonder if that guy would have made different fashion choices that day if he knew that this was going to happen on video.

I'm pretty sure a dude rocking a t-shirt, shorts, and some tie-dyed crocs, who plays the banjo is just living his best life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

mcbexx posted:

This is also the feelgood thread, right?

I mean, it makes me hopping mad that it takes a Youtube influencer to spend his money to do this kind of poo poo (while other rich people buy their 8th yacht or just hoard their wealth because number going up is so much fun to them), but drat, those feels ...

What a dude. Don't mind the dumb thumbnail. It's just how YT works these days.
You want clicks, you need a dumb thumbnail.

Edit: poo poo, just as I hit post, he gifts one of the guys a TESLA, of all cars ... ah well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ2ifmkGGus

And yeah, he's a YouTuber, but isn't he like ridiculously generous with his money? The blind fixin' should make him a Saint, besides anything else.
Apparently he's like the 1st most subscribed individual, and 4th subscribed channel. So he brings in that skrilla, but man. He's just loving wholesome. (from what I can tell)

:tipshat: ... if you know something bad about him, just move on and let me have this.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

blight rhino posted:

I'm pretty sure a dude rocking a t-shirt, shorts, and some tie-dyed crocs, who plays the banjo is just living his best life.

Me, except I wear rubber boots with chickens on them.

So I can tend my cute little chickens.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

freeedr posted:

Me, except I wear rubber boots with chickens on them.

So I can tend my cute little chickens.

livin' your best.

pick up the banjo, or a chicken-friendly instrument. some sort of wind or brass, I'd guess

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

blight rhino posted:

livin' your best.

pick up the banjo, or a chicken-friendly instrument. some sort of wind or brass, I'd guess

I bet chickens would like the kalimba. Kind of sounds like tinkly music box music. Actually, I bet chickens could play the kalimba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4we73GHH9k

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I literally already play banjo and kalimba, so this is weird. Also didgeridoo.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Well why aren't you already posting videos of you playing music to chickens?

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Scout had Valentine's photos taken over the weekend

She's such a ham :kimchi:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Wonder if it is one of the Hurricane Harvey puppies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MarfMGJAP1k

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Instant Jellyfish posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :kimchi::kimchi::kimchi:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Ah, Puppy Love. :hmmyes:

(:allears:)

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

This is gonna sound so weird and little, but it's a big deal for us.
We have a rescue lhasa apso called Henry, and house-training him has been... difficult. We've had him since he was less than a year old, and even now, 6 years later, he'll sneak into an upstairs room to pee rather than go outside. He really hates to make any kind of fuss :( Plus outside is a bit scary and random rooms seem like outdoors to him - he has never ever peed in my bedroom, which he regards as his home, other rooms are fair game.

Today, he came up to me and grumbled loudly that he needed *something*, and after a few bad guesses, I realised he needed to pee.

I took him out, and the poor pup was absolutely bursting to have a widdle, so he's finally brave enough to *speak* when he needs something.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Pookah posted:

We have a rescue lhasa apso called Henry, and house-training him has been... difficult. We've had him since he was less than a year old, and even now, 6 years later, he'll sneak into an upstairs room to pee rather than go outside. He really hates to make any kind of fuss :( Plus outside is a bit scary and random rooms seem like outdoors to him - he has never ever peed in my bedroom, which he regards as his home, other rooms are fair game.

Today, he came up to me and grumbled loudly that he needed *something*, and after a few bad guesses, I realised he needed to pee.

I took him out, and the poor pup was absolutely bursting to have a widdle, so he's finally brave enough to *speak* when he needs something.

Please tell Henry that a random internet stranger is proud of him.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

wheatpuppy posted:

Please tell Henry that a random internet stranger is proud of him.

I just this minute told him, and he looked concerned.
Looking concerned is his default state, so I'm taking that as a win :)

Edit: he has a weird rule that he will not go down the steps outside out house to pee unless I specifically threaten to "smack him on the butt with a big stick" He'll literally look back at me until I say it and then look super-satisfied that the ritual has been fulfilled.
I have never hit him with anything, nor would I ever do so, but unless I make this specific weird threat, he'll hang around on top of the steps forever. He has a load of these strange, word-based rules.
He is an extremely weird, and lovely, dog.

Pookah has a new favorite as of 21:06 on Jan 31, 2023

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Pookah posted:

I just this minute told him, and he looked concerned.
Looking concerned is his default state, so I'm taking that as a win :)

Edit: he has a weird rule that he will not go down the steps outside out house to pee unless I specifically threaten to "smack him on the butt with a big stick" He'll literally look back at me until I say it and then look super-satisfied that the ritual has been fulfilled.
I have never hit him with anything, nor would I ever do so, but unless I make this specific weird threat, he'll hang around on top of the steps forever. He has a load of these strange, word-based rules.
He is an extremely weird, and lovely, dog.

I always enjoy Henry’s Lhasa OCD stories. I figure since it appears to be ritual based, OCD is not a frivolous use.

When I groomed, one of my client Lhasa mixes decided its cat-friend had the right idea and started using the litter pan.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Pookah posted:

Yet you didn't post a picture. How am I meant to tell how good a boy he is just from a story?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Bored posted:

I always enjoy Henry’s Lhasa OCD stories. I figure since it appears to be ritual based, OCD is not a frivolous use.

When I groomed, one of my client Lhasa mixes decided its cat-friend had the right idea and started using the litter pan.

He really is incredibly ritualistic; certain things can only be done in various parts of specific rooms, and at specific times.
Minor sample: he complains when I fail to 1.Go upstairs, and 2. Eat potato chips at 6pm.
He likes to eat potato chips, as long as they are the correct brand and flavor, and he strongly objects to us eating them in the wrong place, and at the wrong time.
He's darling, sweet, loving little bear but he has a fuckload of rules about when and where things can happen.

Added image of Henry looking misleadingly meek and tiny

Edit: I am allowed kiss this boy on the nose as long as he is on the fifth stair, and I do so through the bannisters.
He grudgingly allows the 6th stair, but its a reach.

Pookah has a new favorite as of 12:21 on Feb 1, 2023

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Our boy Bishop gets incredibly upset if one of us has to work late up in the office and the other goes down to chill in the living room. He'll run between the two locations and scream at us until we finally reunite.

Here he is looking completely normal.

A cat photoshopping group had some fun with it.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/CatLoverCult/status/1620219992125100032

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Our boy Bishop gets incredibly upset if one of us has to work late up in the office and the other goes down to chill in the living room. He'll run between the two locations and scream at us until we finally reunite.

Is this a common neurotic-cat thing? Our desks are across the apartment from each other, and our idiot Rosie will sit in the living room halfway between them (with clear line of sight to both) and yell at us to pay attention to her. If we're in the same room, she'll flop down happily! No idea WTF is going on in her brain.

Idiot tax:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

God I want some good bread

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
I thought about this a lot.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
There is nothing neutral nor good about that look

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

God I want some good bread

Fine and dandy until someone literally tries to tear it out of your mouth.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

5min of cute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmeGnDeEEf8

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/pZO5Sq0.mp4
Unmute

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/pAVKIYF.mp4

mystes
May 31, 2006

:swoon:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

More snails please:
https://i.imgur.com/AK85xay.mp4

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1620831018201792514?s=20&t=K5tVc8mIxc6ljNVC_vh2wA

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/AIhgOdJ.mp4

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Protoconc is a great word.

mystes
May 31, 2006

It appears to be a typo for protoconch however

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Little Pink Houses

For you and me

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
https://i.imgur.com/8Q2YGK9.mp4

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Msituni just turned 1! The San Diego Zoo helped the birthday girl with custom braces and she’s zoomy now.

https://i.imgur.com/meh4wBT.mp4

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My cat has been making faces

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Is your cat on drugs because those eyes look like the sorts of eyes you see at raves at 3 am.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

QUACKTASTIC posted:

:catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Inceltown posted:

Is your cat on drugs because those eyes look like the sorts of eyes you see at raves at 3 am.

:catdrugs: