Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What the gently caress is going on this morning? I got into 5 games where opponents snapped on 2 and retreated on 3. I mean, I'll take the free cubes but that's not normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I don't care about ranks of cubes but I do care about finishing missions and drat it took me over a dozen games last night to beat my "win 4 matches" mission. I was getting bulldozed every game no matter what deck.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
My biggest problem with the game atm is how good the infinite card back looks even tho I dont want to play for more than 10 minutes.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

No Wave posted:

My biggest problem with the game atm is how good the infinite card back looks even tho I dont want to play for more than 10 minutes.

I wonder if there's some incredibly overpowered card that you could easily get to infinite with...

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

New Leaf posted:

What the gently caress is going on this morning? I got into 5 games where opponents snapped on 2 and retreated on 3. I mean, I'll take the free cubes but that's not normal.

the season pass quest that revealed today is win 10 games with a snap

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

uXs posted:

I wonder if there's some incredibly overpowered card that you could easily get to infinite with...
I'm at around .6 cubes per game average with it but I dont wanna play 350 games!!!

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
shadow king showed up in my shop, that seems like a pretty decent card

looking forward to trying it out when I'm able to pull him 18 months from now

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

wyoak posted:

shadow king showed up in my shop, that seems like a pretty decent card

looking forward to trying it out when I'm able to pull him 18 months from now
I think he needs waaaaay more support even with zabu being this broken. Most +/- power effects are ongoing (which he doesnt touch) and the main thing he stomps, surfer, generally will be going second on 6.

The kind of card he'd want is something like injured blademaster in Hearthstone.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

flatluigi posted:

i'm not talking about quake/rhino (since you can't exactly do anything with scarlet witch and storm if you can't play there), i'm talking about move cards like nightcrawler/vision/captain marvel/heimdall/iron fist & add cards like anim zola/ultron/debrii/hela/white tiger (wolverine might count now? worth it if you're playing destroy). all of those cards see play in decks already

Yeah, I've been getting good mileage out of a ramp deck with Dr. Doom.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

flatluigi posted:

the season pass quest that revealed today is win 10 games with a snap

Yeah but they're losing haha. Not that I care, helped me get it done quick.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah, I've been getting good mileage out of a ramp deck with Dr. Doom.

i knew i was going to forget some card, but i'm a little embarrassed it's doom

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

What are the rates on the collector’s cache? Because getting a lovely amount of credits feels really bad when I’m missing pretty much every pool 4 staple.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Pool 4 staple...

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Speaking of, I got Valkrie and would love to play a Valk zoo deck or something - how much longer will Plunder Castle be up?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Kaddish posted:

Speaking of, I got Valkrie and would love to play a Valk zoo deck or something - how much longer will Plunder Castle be up?

The featured location is on Wednesday and Thursday, and gives new locations a 40% chance to appear. Hot locations are on Sunday and have a 60% chance to appear.

Plundered Castle is the featured location.

Edit: And apparently Onslaught's Citadel will be the hot location on Sunday.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 2, 2023

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Mierenneuker posted:

The featured location is on Wednesday and Thursday, and gives new locations a 40% chance to appear. Hot locations are on Sunday and have a 60% chance to appear.

Plundered Castle is the featured location.

Right, I guess my question is what time today is this bullshit going away. I assume there is a standard time for rotations - for some reason I have 7pm est in my head.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I think it's 4 am Central European Time, which is 9 hours and 15 minutes from this post.

Edit: I don't know if that is different depending on server region. 1 hour and 13 minutes from now there is a different card in the token shop for me, for example.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 2, 2023

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Does anyone have a link to those datamined variants?

I just realized I have a variant for every card in my Patriot deck except the man himself and it's pretty slim pickings. He only has four variants, two of which are pixel and chibi which don't count, so it's basically down between the winter variant or a hover hoverboard variant

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Kaddish posted:

Right, I guess my question is what time today is this bullshit going away. I assume there is a standard time for rotations - for some reason I have 7pm est in my head.

dailies update at 7 PST

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Booo, ok thanks guys.

I can finally build a Sera Surfer deck, yay! The following is netdecked, anyone have tweaks or something better? I think armor is here for tech against Death. I'll probably swap out Iceman for Sunspot.

# (1) Iceman
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Armor
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Brood
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Polaris
# (3) Maximus
# (5) Sera

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 2, 2023

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

DrManiac posted:

What are the rates on the collector’s cache? Because getting a lovely amount of credits feels really bad when I’m missing pretty much every pool 4 staple.

You will get 1 pool 4 card out of each group of 40 caches. This could be the first cache out of the first group and the last cache of the second group, which are 948 CL apart. It could be the last cache of the first group and the first cache of the second group, which are 8 CL apart. That’s the max and minimum possible range.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Scrap Dragon posted:

Does anyone have a link to those datamined variants?

I just realized I have a variant for every card in my Patriot deck except the man himself and it's pretty slim pickings. He only has four variants, two of which are pixel and chibi which don't count, so it's basically down between the winter variant or a hover hoverboard variant

https://snap.fan/news/january-31st-battle-mode-patch/

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mierenneuker posted:

Edit: And apparently Onslaught's Citadel will be the hot location on Sunday.
Man, that's sick. Finally a reason to play Darkhawk.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Just got Helicarrier my immediate reaction was please don’t tell me this is a Pool 4 card. It is.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JackDarko posted:

Just got Helicarrier my immediate reaction was please don’t tell me this is a Pool 4 card. It is.

lol confirmed “gently caress you” card Ey

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Kaddish posted:

Booo, ok thanks guys.

I can finally build a Sera Surfer deck, yay! The following is netdecked, anyone have tweaks or something better? I think armor is here for tech against Death. I'll probably swap out Iceman for Sunspot.

# (1) Iceman
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Armor
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Brood
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Polaris
# (3) Maximus
# (5) Sera

Lots of people play Sera Surfer, and if you play that deck you'll know how disruptive Iceman can be. I think it's good.

I'd say that Wolfsbane is the card you'd consider swapping out first.
- Rogue represents less power on your board by default, but could potentially take that away from the opponent. Patriot, Dinosaur, Wong, Darkhawk, etc.
- Storm works her own, but combos nicely with Juggernaut the turn afterwards. At that point you'd be considering taking away a two drop from your list to cram the latter in.

Lizard can be considered as another two drop, since it represents a chance to take priority on turn 2 and I like it more when I miss out on Sera and have to do three drop + two drop on turn 5.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

uXs posted:

Yeah. Running a deck with no way to 'cheat' power into one or more locations is futile. I don't know how this is suddenly news.

I think the complete list of cards that can win at least one type of ‘unplayable’ location is below, though some of them will need assistance e.g. Debrii having Kazar to buff her rock.

Angel
Armor
Arnim Zola
Brood
Captain Marvel
Cloak
Colossus
Debrii
Dr Doom
Dr Strange
Ghost Rider
Heimdell
Hela
Iron Fist
Jubilee
Klaw
M’Baku
Mr Fantastic
Mr Sinister
Mysterio
Nightcrawler
Omega red
Quake
Rhino
Scarlet Witch
Shanna
Squirrel Girl
Storm
Thanos
Ultron
Vision
White Tiger
Wolverine

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Mierenneuker posted:

Lots of people play Sera Surfer, and if you play that deck you'll know how disruptive Iceman can be. I think it's good.

I'd say that Wolfsbane is the card you'd consider swapping out first.
- Rogue represents less power on your board by default, but could potentially take that away from the opponent. Patriot, Dinosaur, Wong, Darkhawk, etc.
- Storm works her own, but combos nicely with Juggernaut the turn afterwards. At that point you'd be considering taking away a two drop from your list to cram the latter in.

Lizard can be considered as another two drop, since it represents a chance to take priority on turn 2 and I like it more when I miss out on Sera and have to do three drop + two drop on turn 5.

Awesome, thanks for the insight.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

^^ You're welcome.

Oh, that Giganto variant was not available until this patch? That makes it even sweeter I unboxed him the day after

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Push El Burrito posted:

I don't care about ranks of cubes but I do care about finishing missions and drat it took me over a dozen games last night to beat my "win 4 matches" mission. I was getting bulldozed every game no matter what deck.

I'll take any number of "Win X Matches" missions over "Win a location with 1 card" or even worse "Win a location with less than 10 power."

Sometimes I cheat those and retreat when meeting the win conditions of the mission.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Brood/Wolfsbane/Surfer is a huge combo for sera surfer T6. That's a guarantee lane win most times, and hopefully you have another one locked already if you've left one open for Brood/Wolf.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Win with less than 10 is fine for me because the thresholds are 1 win and 2 wins and it happens a lot naturally with all the retreats. Win with more than 20 power for some insane reason is 2/4, I complain about it here all the time and also roll it every day.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

gently caress this location. I'm so sick of seeing Patriot Ultron.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Walla posted:

gently caress this location. I'm so sick of seeing Patriot Ultron.

patriot ultron doesn't have a great time with that location b/c it's easy to get hit with the enchantress/rogue/cosmo counterplay when you're stuck to two lanes

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kaddish posted:

Booo, ok thanks guys.

# (1) Iceman
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Armor
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Brood
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Polaris
# (3) Maximus
# (5) Sera

Mine is SLIGHTLY different but the same in spirit. I run:
Iceman
Lizard
Surfer
Brood
Mister Fantastic
Storm
Captain America
Cosmo
Juggernaut
Polaris
Maximus
Sera

Scorp vs Lizard is personal preference. I throw Lizard out early on unknown spots hoping to land on Sanctum or the Island or something I'd otherwise not be able to reach. That way he'd beat an opponent's Mr Fantastic or Nightcrawler. I'd consider slotting in Cap (or even Punisher) over Wolf regardless, he can get played whenever in the sequence and still benefit unlike Wolf who needs cards in place. Juggernaut and Storm work well for controlling a lane, but its dangerous with this stupid island since you can kick cards there and give them an edge.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah, Patriot Ultron is limited by this location. Sure they can drop 4 drones there buffed, but if you don't see that coming a mile away and don't have an answer you shouldn't be sticking around.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Lost ten matches in a row this morning, then got Weirdworld on T1 and was beaten by my own loser deck

The problem is me :negative:

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Hobo Clown posted:

Lost ten matches in a row this morning, then got Weirdworld on T1 and was beaten by my own loser deck

The problem is me :negative:

Lost like "finished all 6 turns and lost" or lost like "retreated?" I'm sure the answer is somewhere in between but nonetheless.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

One of these is obvious (he posted the answer so no cheating) but the other was a bit surprising (though it makes sense)

https://twitter.com/glenn_jones_/status/1621208074634825728?s=46&t=HK2QPPy5qeA1xK70Cj45Yw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The Sean posted:

Lost like "finished all 6 turns and lost" or lost like "retreated?" I'm sure the answer is somewhere in between but nonetheless.

A bit of both, yeah.