Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I want you to know that I saw all of the Emmanuelle movies for sale at the shop today and I thought of you. But I bought an original Ninja Gaiden novella instead.

Ninja Gaiden is good. I believe ninja gaiden nes to be very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

JBP posted:

What's wrong with checkpoint saves lol. You'd rather open a menu and disrupt play than have it happen in the background?

https://youtu.be/33GoFUKShr0

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol they pulled brandon out of retirement for the VO

He still does every one of their review videos and has done since he left the regular show.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Fix posted:

He still does every one of their review videos and has done since he left the regular show.

Ahh i thought he had gone for good, i dont usually watch their reviews tbh

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
Just finished Jedi Fallen Order, and i had a great time with it!. I remember the game being criticized for the platforming, but i thought it was fine? Never got stuck because of a tricky jump or anything.

My only complain is that it could have used some fast travel, the game is already a sekiro-lite, why not go all the way and just let you warp between meditation points?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Just grabbed Frostpunk Complete Collection on PS4/5 for $13.50 on PSN.

Also, Diablo Prime Evil Collection is $20 again. I grabbed it last time it was this low.

It's Diablo II: Resurrected and all of the DLC and Diablo III: Eternal Collection, if I'm not mistaken.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PacoPepe posted:

Just finished Jedi Fallen Order, and i had a great time with it!. I remember the game being criticized for the platforming, but i thought it was fine? Never got stuck because of a tricky jump or anything.

My only complain is that it could have used some fast travel, the game is already a sekiro-lite, why not go all the way and just let you warp between meditation points?

:agreed:

Zeffo was really tedious IMHO, the other planets I've visited (so far), have been fine.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I agree that QoP should either leave or try being funny, fwiw

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Dathomir is also incredibly convoluted and looking at its map is when I’ve given up the plat both times I’ve played

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Arist posted:

I agree that QoP should either leave or try being funny, fwiw
It is interesting the posters getting called out for low-effort shitposting (by one of the most contributive posters in this thread, mind you) could only shitpost in response.

I guess that's what the ignore features are for. I don't know why so many Xbox owners are so miserable and vindictive. 80% of the posts in the Xbox thread are just being mad because Sony exists, it's hilarious/sad.

Personally, I like playing all the games instead of waging some weird imaginary war on my invisible enemies because they play a console I don't own.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Jelly posted:

It is interesting the posters getting called out for low-effort shitposting (by one of the most contributive posters in this thread, mind you) could only shitpost in response.

I guess that's what the ignore features are for. I don't know why so many Xbox owners are so miserable and vindictive. 80% of the posts in the Xbox thread are just being mad because Sony exists, it's hilarious/sad.

Personally, I like playing all the games instead of waging some weird imaginary war on my invisible enemies because they play a console I don't own.

Xbox has kinda been poo poo on for over a decade now since that original Xbox One reveal with mandatory kinect, tried to eliminate game reselling and locking it down to more online only console.

They've got a pretty good system now with gamepass but IMHO their exclusives have suffered for over a decade and it's still struggling. Meanwhile we get Horizon, Ghost of Tushima, Bloodborne, God of War and many more.

Anyways console debate chat is silly. Talk about the games. That's much more fun and engaging. I can't wait to play Deliver Us Mars tonight.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

M$ and Gamepass just got a mega-W with incredible character action battler Hi-Fi Rush, available on Series X/S and PC platforms today!!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I’ve started to seriously resent the release formula and approach from Sony’s internal studios. MS’s exclusives are also barren but at least their distribution model lets me try out a lot of novel games at a relatively low cost

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
After seeing Sony ad trophies for Jumping Flash!, I'm hopeful for some Ridge Racer 2 ones.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

I’ve started to seriously resent the release formula and approach from Sony’s internal studios. MS’s exclusives are also barren but at least their distribution model lets me try out a lot of novel games at a relatively low cost

Sony release games but you have to pay for them

MS release no games but they give them to you for free

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Hector Delgado posted:

After seeing Sony ad trophies for Jumping Flash!, I'm hopeful for some Ridge Racer 2 ones.

Sony just let me buy Ridge Racer 2 separately I will give you $20 American dollars for it (which is coincidentally the price that comes up in the information Google culls from the PSN store page where you can't actually buy it). I'm not such a giant stick in the mud about just ponying up for Premium, it's just that I already own or am not interested in most of the current catalog, I really just want Ridge Racer.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

doctorthefonz posted:

Congrats!

Forspoken is pretty fun, the writing and dialogue isn't great but at least it's not as like shrill and in your face as I feel like the later Borderlands games are for example. Doesn't tonally feel all that off from the spiders-man games I reckon. The bosses just hiss & roar instead of doing terlet puns at you

Forspoken's writing and voice acting (apart from a few weak instances early on when the characterization has yet to be fleshed out and it's explaining a barrage of mechanics) are perfectly fine in the context of the story and genre. In fact the story is really cool. Taking it all out of context reflects as poorly on it as one would expect for an isekai. It's really the conversant animations that can undermine a given moment, sort of an indictment of the wonky technical performance overall, but on the opposite end the parkour/casting animations are simply spectacular. Everything involving moving around the world is just the best poo poo ever if you like traversal in games, and at heart it's one of the most atypical Square games in a long time, unique, fun, and direct. You can play around forever with its many systems or you can blitz through the great story. It's a good game. A cat game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ineffiable posted:

They've got a pretty good system now with gamepass but IMHO their exclusives have suffered for over a decade and it's still struggling.

They don't have exclusives because my PC can play games :colbert:

GamePass rules and I hope the Sony GamePass also gets better. Getting Stray on it day one was a good step in that direction but that was a while ago now and I haven't seen them with any other cool day one stuff yet.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Oxxidation posted:

theres a reason Square was my favorite publisher last year, just release a bunch of mid-budget poo poo and if half of it is mediocre, so be it.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Dewgy posted:

Not who you responded to, but IMO the worst thing about the PCVR space is it’s incredibly expensive to get a good setup, and you’re generally going to be putting up with all the usual PC gaming jankiness like scattershot hardware support, performance issues, and your usual software conflict kind of crap.

VR is basically the ideal example of why console gaming can be a really good thing: The hardware is completely static and every game has to be built for it.

PSVR1 is, on paper, one of the worst headsets on the market right now. But games that come out for it are mandated by Sony to hit at least 60fps internally and not cause headset reprojection (the way the viewpoint moves when you move your head) to drop below 90fps, so the experience of actually playing the games is always going to be smooth, even if not the prettiest thing in the world.

You don’t get that with other platforms. If you have Valve’s Index or another PC headset they essentially expect you to throw more money into your computer to smooth out framerate problems, and Meta just straight up doesn’t give a poo poo because their core focus is taking your money.

The PSVR2 I think is going to be an even bigger leap forward, because the eye-tracking based foveated rendering is a hardware feature of the headset, available to every developer in the same way, with the controllers and headset haptics also available to every developer in the same way.

How would that look with PCVR? My money’s on “the most expensive headset is the only one that does it and the game has to be built specifically to run on it, and also you have to have a specific brand of video card made in the last three months”.

PCVR, just like PC gaming itself, has an enormous amount of potential, but without a unified platform it’s always going to be a much bigger headache to use than console VR and quality’s going to be all over the place from game to game.

Personally I’d much rather plug in my headset, hit play game, and know I’m not about to stick my head into a choppy-framerate slideshow barf factory*.

*i mean i assume it’d be a barf factory anyway, i don’t get vr sick literally ever lol

Thanks, I appreciate this post 👍I was set on not getting it ever but based on what you said I might re-evalute my stance later.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

M$ and Gamepass just got a mega-W with incredible character action battler Hi-Fi Rush, available on Series X/S and PC platforms today!!

i've been hearing more and more that it's ftw

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Iron Crowned posted:

:agreed:

Zeffo was really tedious IMHO, the other planets I've visited (so far), have been fine.

I had no issues with Zeffo but the jungle planet with all the spiders almost got me to quit playing. You could cut the second visit there out and it probably would've been one of my favourite recent games.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

from the psvr thread, video of the free update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpnvFGObiKQ

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

RichterIX posted:

Sony just let me buy Ridge Racer 2 separately I will give you $20 American dollars for it (which is coincidentally the price that comes up in the information Google culls from the PSN store page where you can't actually buy it). I'm not such a giant stick in the mud about just ponying up for Premium, it's just that I already own or am not interested in most of the current catalog, I really just want Ridge Racer.

I was on the fence about Premium but when they added R.R.2, that basically had me hitting the upgrade button. Playing Ridge Racer again is like seeing an old friend after a long time.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
I'm so confused. I originally bought Ghost of Tsushima digitally for the PS4, and got the paid upgrade once I got a PS5. The PS5 version doesn't indicate anywhere if it's the director's cut - is it, or do I also need to download the PS4 bonus content? To make things even more confusing, it's also possible to download a PS Plus version of the game, which is slightly differently in file size.

loving Sony, why is their UI design always so terrible?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Lamont posted:

I'm so confused. I originally bought Ghost of Tsushima digitally for the PS4, and got the paid upgrade once I got a PS5. The PS5 version doesn't indicate anywhere if it's the director's cut - is it, or do I also need to download the PS4 bonus content? To make things even more confusing, it's also possible to download a PS Plus version of the game, which is slightly differently in file size.

The Director’s Cut is the only version of the game for PS5. It launched along with Iki Island.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

So for PC players out there is it true that DualSenseX allows buttons to be remapped as keyboard macros? Because that would be pretty baller combined with paddles, profiles, and deadzone adjustment on the Edge.

Nah it has the same weak PC support as a Dualsense or DS4, it's game-by-game or via third party stuff like Steam Input. People who bought it just for PC are mad because you need a PS5 to change profiles lol. I'm still waiting on a ds4windows pull request that adds support to get merged :mad:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

acksplode posted:

Nah it has the same weak PC support as a Dualsense or DS4, it's game-by-game or via third party stuff like Steam Input. People who bought it just for PC are mad because you need a PS5 to change profiles lol. I'm still waiting on a ds4windows pull request that adds support to get merged :mad:

have you noticed that some game pass games seem to refuse to recognize the dualsense if you're relying on steam's controller back end? i had to launch DS4Windows and "hide" the controller, before Forza Horizon would play nice with it.

raw DirectInput didn't work either.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I bought a thing on steam called DSX which is basically ds4windows except it always works instead of working most of the time and then other times it doesn’t work and you have to janitor the computer until it works.

It lets you make the haptic triggers work and all kinds of fun poo poo, I wonder if they’ll add edge support.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

imhotep posted:

Oh yeah the other day someone asked how star citizen still has funding and that surely there wouldn’t be any new people finding it, but I’ve been reading the star citizen thread and apparently theyve been getting more funding than ever in the last few years lol.

Don't assume it's many new players instead of whales buying in harder and backers becoming whales. Also don't assume it's not somehow money laundering.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Rinkles posted:

have you noticed that some game pass games seem to refuse to recognize the dualsense if you're relying on steam's controller back end? i had to launch DS4Windows and "hide" the controller, before Forza Horizon would play nice with it.

raw DirectInput didn't work either.

I don't think I've run into that, though I don't think I rely much on steam for handling input. 99% of the time I'm using a dualsense via ds4windows emulating an xinput device, so games don't often have the chance to see the actual dualsense. The other 1% is when I'm using a wired dualsense with games that have first-class support, and I haven't run into any issues there.

History Comes Inside! posted:

I bought a thing on steam called DSX which is basically ds4windows except it always works instead of working most of the time and then other times it doesn’t work and you have to janitor the computer until it works.

It lets you make the haptic triggers work and all kinds of fun poo poo, I wonder if they’ll add edge support.

DSX got edge support like the day it released. I'd give it a look if I wasn't already pretty happy with ds4windows. The support for Switch controllers is something I use a lot. And I occasionally do couch multiplayer with multiple controllers, don't think DSX can do that yet.

BP this is making me realize I misread your post, I thought you were asking about the controller rather than DSX. Yeah I believe DSX can let your controller do keyboard and mouse stuff, but I don't know the details of how configurable it is.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

It’s so weird that Sony’s controllers are so poorly supported by windows when they have such great native support for Apple products. They’re even sold at Apple stores. They work really well natively with OSX, iOS, and Apple TV. There’s gently caress all worth playing with them, but they do work out of the box.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The DS is arguably the best pc controller available... but yes in my experience the Windows experience isn't quite flawless.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I run into this bug with my Dual Sense and MacOS: Whenever I press the PS button it brings up Launchpad and I have no idea why.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

That seems like kind of a logical thing for the button to do? It’s the closest equivalent of the dashboard on ps5, which is what the button would bring on the native system.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Bugblatter posted:

That seems like kind of a logical thing for the button to do? It’s the closest equivalent of the dashboard on ps5, which is what the button would bring on the native system.

Correct but it will do it when in using my computer for remote play which makes it not cool.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Sony release games but you have to pay for them

MS release no games but they give them to you for free

This is the kind of double-barrel shade I can really appreciate.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bugblatter posted:

It’s so weird that Sony’s controllers are so poorly supported by windows when they have such great native support for Apple products. They’re even sold at Apple stores. They work really well natively with OSX, iOS, and Apple TV. There’s gently caress all worth playing with them, but they do work out of the box.

Windows support for controllers is just shockingly bad and hacked together in general, the amount of times a game will launch and just not acknowledge my controller until I restart the game is shocking. Then my MacBook will just happily accept any controller I throw at it including the Switch joycons without question. It's really one of the great mysteries why someone at Apple is determined to maintain really good gamepad support in MacOS despite everything about Mac gaming in general.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Yeah, this is the program I mean, I've heard good things, but that's also coming from people who are enthusiast level and are outright modding the controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Lamont posted:

Every gen it's like starting from zero.

:corsair: Some barefoot old man who lives behind a waterfall at HQ has meditated on the precise haiku brush stroke form of feature elimination vs feature creep and decided that maximum spiritual agitation can be achieved via electronics by edging the gently caress out of consumers one previously available feature at a time. It's such a baffling tendency. btw this hypothetical gaming sage also coined we believe in generations.