Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I have early arthritis computer claws, I can only roll by hand when I've had regular weed. Got one of those RAW rollers but I can't ever seem to get the tension right. Friend of a friend with similar symptoms gave him this tiny sushi mat to give to me for rolling and it's perfect, all the feel and none of the fumbling. Weed folks good folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I found out recently that king palm has flavors now. I don’t really smoke but it’d be cool to have a good flavored blunt wrap alternative.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, the raw rollers are weird.

This style roller:

I had a bamboo OCB roller for years, the strap texture was perfect, almost cloth feel, tension was never an issue once I figured out the sweet spot and pressure. It was really easy to roll fat 110mm joints. Unfortunately, the strap got a tear in it, so it was retired to the trash and I bought a couple Raw branded rollers (gave one away). Shame, it lasted probably 3 years of daily use.

The Raw rollers are really annoying about tension for some reason, I rarely use more than a light drag on the back roller, tuck the paper with the pack flap, then no tension as I roll it, spin (pull front roller) twice after wetting the gum. The rolling strap is stiffer than the OCB, feels thicker, and the texture seems more plastic than cloth. Seemingly small changes end up making drastic differences.

I'm going to see if amazon has the bamboo OCBs in stock, then I can delegate the Raw as the backup. E: gently caress yeah, 7 bucks.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Feb 1, 2023

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

KingShiro posted:

I found out recently that king palm has flavors now. I don’t really smoke but it’d be cool to have a good flavored blunt wrap alternative.
i've had the watermelon and lemon, would recommend both. there's a little bulb in the filter that you crush like a menthol cigarette

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Yeah, the raw rollers are weird.
they are? i have one and it's the only one i've ever used and i have no complaints

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

butt dickus posted:

they are? i have one and it's the only one i've ever used and i have no complaints

For me, personally. I've used a lot of rollers over the last 20 odd years. The Raw has been the most annoying one I've used in at least a decade.

The frame and rollers are fine, but after probably 8 months of very regular use, the strap is still stiff. Reminds me of rolling with a cheap tobacco store Top roller.

I mean, it's fine for a first roller or a spare, and I realize it's something weird to have a preference about, but it likes to spit out tight joints that I have to fool with to loosen to be smokeable. Like I'm overpacking with less than the OCB spit out perfectly.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Just get some jackass to do it for you

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Those are pretty cool, can't deny that.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Waffle! posted:

Just get some jackass to do it for you

Do want.

I think I recall seeing something similar for pens/pencils years back but the details escape me unfortunately.

Unrelated

So I was sorting out to collect a repeat from my weed prescription today. I have 3-4 different things I have prescribed and I only wanted 2 of them filled - I have enough of the others. They also wanted to doublecheck the prescription status of one of the things I wanted so they had to call the doc directly to check it. OK cool no problem. I tell them yeah go ahead and check and invoice me for the 2 things here if its all good - don't worry about the others I don't need em yet.

2 hours later I get an email with the invoice which includes the stuff I didn't need. I email back and say hey don't need $150 of this mind fixing it? They email a corrected invoice back and explain they'd checked with the doc and gotten cleared for all of it so that's why they put it all on.

As weird as it is my thoughts were "doc plz, staaaahp its too much weed." :350:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Carth Dookie posted:

As weird as it is my thoughts were "doc plz, staaaahp its too much weed." :350:

That sounds like the opposite of a problem.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

today I went to the airport

My airport story
Landed in Christchurch nz with a boxful of medical weed, oil and wafers.
Drug dog jumped all over me a couple of times, I said clever boy and the handler just pulled him away.
Noone looked at my bags but my wife was good naturedly called a "bloody Aussie" for having roo poo poo on her hiking boots.
I thought sniffer dogs sat when they got a hit.
Maybe they don't train for weed anymore because why bother with a lot of false positives from arthritic old retirees like me.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Cabbages and Kings posted:

when weed got legal I went bonkers and was all about all weed all the time

then I made my tolerance crazy with shatter

now I am in this weird spot where: I have 1-2ml (50-100mg) of decarb oil at night before bed and sleep great through the night and other than that... sometimes I smoke weed, sometimes I dab, sometimes I completely forget about it?

Just last year I was emphatic about always having a terp pen and bin of shatter with me when skiing. This year I haven't bothered with any of that poo poo, sometimes I throw a bowl and some flower in my poo poo and catch a little buzz on the lift.

More or less I feel like I went from giving a poo poo about "being high" to just viewing weed as a sleep aid which I sometimes consume in higher doses for an intoxicating effect.

At this point there's basically no oral dose that does anything besides make me sleepy, and 50-100mg is just as effective or more as 3-400. Dabbing still kicks me in the face and makes me high as gently caress but I don't do it a whole lot.

Take up shrooms

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Not all drug dogs are trained to sit on detection, and not all detection dogs are trained on drugs.

The "hit" signal is sometimes determined by the handler based on interaction. I bet there's at least one dog out there trained to piss on the target's leg when it gets a hit.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I dont have a Lava Lamp but I have 28 Smart lamps, 6 of which are galaxy/aurora lamps or sunset lamps.

I have various scenes set up (outer space, under water, bender/party mode) that I like to get real stoned and play around with while I listen to Stoner metal.

most of them are USB powered so when our crew goes on camping weekends I take all the lamps, a few power banks and set up a cool neon galaxy light show in the canopy of the trees or projected onto the roof the big rear end portable shelter/marquee/cabana thing.

and then we all eat a handful of shrooms, smoke weed and blow the smoke thru the lazers and go OOOOOHHHHH for 4 hours its great.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

ive flown into nz a few times and they seem a lot more worried about people bringing in foreign fruits, veggies, and honey than they are about weed. i mean i weed is technically sort of a vegetable i guess but i dont think its as much of a threat to their ecosystem

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Bought some poo poo today called Monkey Berries and it's alright for $50/oz. Fruity. Burns consistently.

Also got some guava and lemoncane. My roller tirade was influenced with a gram joint of guava.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I have now emailed Epikai 3 times asking them for a 240v version of the e-nano.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Get a 240v to 110v 60hz step up/down converter. They're about $50 US.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

basically the gutters of every city are overflowing with weed and you can get what used to cost 300$/oz for 50$/oz and you also get a free preroll filled with dust and pieces of bugs.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah it loving owns.

Found out today that a dispensary I like started carrying clones. $15 each.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Get a 240v to 110v 60hz step up/down converter. They're about $50 US.

I have used them before for guitar amps and I am not keen to have an extremely heavy brick hiding on the floor of my loungeroom so my vape can be on the coffee table 24/7

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Laserface posted:

I dont have a Lava Lamp but I have 28 Smart lamps, 6 of which are galaxy/aurora lamps or sunset lamps.

I am jealous! my apartment is all philips hue bulbs I've accumulated over the years (I want more color ones but holy lord are they expensive now, even more so) and while the living room is all white ambience bulbs, the office is color ones, plus an RGB LED strip that's zigbee compatible so it works with the system (philips gently caress off with your rgb strip pricing, come on) which is like a floor-pointing-up light on the wall

it's honestly a very good thing for my mental health. It has a very strong effect on my mood, it's very calming to set the right environment on a cloudy day, or around sunset, etc.

also sometimes I forget, and send photos of the dog to people, and the photo is best described as "photo sensor overload purple" in color

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham

Carlos Lantana posted:

I thought sniffer dogs sat when they got a hit.
Maybe they don't train for weed anymore because why bother with a lot of false positives from arthritic old retirees like me.

Our dogs havent been trained to look for weed for several years now :)

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/300629940/scooby-doobie-dont-customs-dogs-dont-sniff-out-weed-at-border-any-more

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Code Jockey posted:

I am jealous! my apartment is all philips hue bulbs I've accumulated over the years (I want more color ones but holy lord are they expensive now, even more so) and while the living room is all white ambience bulbs, the office is color ones, plus an RGB LED strip that's zigbee compatible so it works with the system (philips gently caress off with your rgb strip pricing, come on) which is like a floor-pointing-up light on the wall

it's honestly a very good thing for my mental health. It has a very strong effect on my mood, it's very calming to set the right environment on a cloudy day, or around sunset, etc.

also sometimes I forget, and send photos of the dog to people, and the photo is best described as "photo sensor overload purple" in color

Same and same. I bought into hue when I lived in a windowless finished basement with florescent lighting. It changed the experience from miserable to kinda cool and cavelike. Totally transformative.

Fast forward seven years and I've replaced almost every bulb in our apartment and am now branching into using motion sensors and building light sculptures. I love LED bulbs.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I have LED poo poo all around my basement. It's a vibe. I really want to do that like, cotton and LED poo poo to make storm clouds type deal, but I have popcorn ceilings. Thanks, 1980s builders

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
$180 out the door for 8 one gram "house" cartridges today, what a loving time to be alive. 2 month supply for less than 1 month has cost me every month for the last 3+ years

been vaping the one I bought last week for a full week now and only halfway through, good %s and tastes just fine, no clogs either.

it's absolutely surreal to have something i buy so regularly suddenly cost literally half what it used to, that is not how the last couple years have been going

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Take up shrooms

psychedellics are cool but not interchangeable with weed, not suitable for situations where I need to drive, and I did so much acid/dmt/etc in my youth that there's not a ton of purpose in low doses of those things. I take moderate to high doses like once every six months, or, did before I had kids, now when I have the necessary 24hrs free I usually prefer to not spend it integrating my current understanding of my ontology. To each their own though. I do want to try skiing on LSD at some point but that's been a desire since 1998 and yet here we are.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

You should smoke joints. They're quite convenient, and it's nice not having to fool with the lighter every minute or so.

I find it way easier to get effective hits off a bowl, especially on a moving lift, and small torch lighters are super easy to use. I use cone prerolls sometimes, because it's easy to run a little snake of shatter down the middle. A typical joint is like 0.5-0.75g of weed and even if it's real good weed and I manage to smoke it all effectively, I just smoked an assload of paper and probably I'm barely high. On the other hand, a 1g cone that's got 100mg of shatter laced through it is Pretty, Pretty Good Indeed for mid-run head change.

Pretty sure I could drop my tolerance staggeringly if I just stopped using concentrates entirely, took a 2 week break from weed and then went back to flower, but why? :shrug: I've got this shatter factory all set up, it begs to be touched.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

$180 out the door for 8 one gram "house" cartridges today, what a loving time to be alive. 2 month supply for less than 1 month has cost me every month for the last 3+ years

yeah that's amazing and that's what I'd do if I didn't enjoy growing & processing. my dumb-high use patterns are a direct result of having costs of 8g of shatter go to like, uh, about $26 based on my last outdoor harvest which is most of what I am vaping these days. Dozens of hours of labor, though.

too bad about all the other things happening in the world, the weed stuff is cool

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Missouri goes recreational in a few days. Been checking their prices and they are sadly a bit on the high side, but less than Illinois at least and it's the difference between a 2 hr round trip and a 15 hr round trip to Colorado.

That being said, it might still be cheaper to make the 15hr round trip to CO and stock up in a major way. Ah well. I'll still check it out. At the very least, I know that if I ever run low (like I am now), it'll be a small trifle to restock somewhat.

Vlaphor fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 3, 2023

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Vlaphor posted:

Missouri goes recreational in a few days.

im going on a short tour starting in st louis in a couple weeks, was planning to bring my own supplies but let me know if there is anywhere worth checking out

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Earwicker posted:

im going on a short tour starting in st louis in a couple weeks, was planning to bring my own supplies but let me know if there is anywhere worth checking out

I don't know if I'll be specifically going on Monday when they all open, but I'll be finding out what's good as go along.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
is it possible to drive coast to coast legally holding now?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nope.

Particularly because of Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama being a wall from the east coast to the midwest. but also Iowa, Kansas, the Dakotas, Wyoming, Idaho, Texas. E: and Nebraska.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Is there a ferry from Illinois to Michigan?

EDIT

or for that matter, from Michigan to New York? are the great lakes international waters? how does that work?

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Feb 3, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Vampire Panties posted:

are the great lakes international waters? how does that work?

the domestic laws surrounding the great lakes are a loving mess because of states

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Vampire Panties posted:

is it possible to drive coast to coast legally holding now?
No because it’s still illegal to carry it across state lines. Washington or whoever out there is trying to change that but I’m sure the courts are going to slap that down hard.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Nope.

Particularly because of Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama being a wall from the east coast to the midwest. but also Iowa, Kansas, the Dakotas, Wyoming, Idaho, Texas. E: and Nebraska.

i thought one of the dakotas legalized but i checked again and i guess i was wrong

anyway yeah there are some states in the way that i suspect will never legalize unless the whole country does. idaho for example is extremely anti-weed and when the other states around them started legalizing they doubled down on their harshness

Vampire Panties posted:

or for that matter, from Michigan to New York? are the great lakes international waters? how does that work?

you can drive from michigan to new york via canada, where weed is also legal, but they still don't like people bringing it back and forth across the border even where its legal on both sides of it (with small personal amounts you'll most likely be fine though)

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 3, 2023

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Vlaphor posted:

Missouri goes recreational in a few days. Been checking their prices and they are sadly a bit on the high side, but less than Illinois at least and it's the difference between a 2 hr round trip and a 15 hr round trip to Colorado.

Prices be damned, I’m just proud that Missouri went from ballots to the cash registers in three months. Too many people told me it would take years of red tape for the med shops to switch over

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Powerful nug jfc. Just wanna roll on the carpet for an hour for no reason

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Can NOT handle staring into the cats eyes in the Dine cat food commercial right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Carth Dookie posted:

3rd pull of my half filled dynavap was so wild the exhale made me lose total sensation in my tongue.

I am going on a journey, wish me luck.

I'm curious to know how high you got from this tongue numbing hit