Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Knowledge Fight podcast when

They talk about it at the start of the most recent episode. They don’t like covering his personal life like this and implied the texts were kind of a letdown and don’t have any big reveals other than “Alex Jones has a trainwreck of a personal life” which we all already knew/guessed. Dan was actually involved with the SPLC project dissecting these texts at first but left because he wasn’t comfortable with the direction the reporters were taking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I still think (and few people seem to be with me on this) that the single biggest reason people threw in 1000% with the Trump mythos was just that they all knew him as the avatar of Rich Man from the checkout aisles at the grocery store. He's rich! He's the best businessman ever! If he's president he'll give all his money to ME (or do business magic to make the economy good which means my job won't fire me or whatever, same diff)

His name is a killing word to people's get-rich-quick gambling-addict brain-stems.

The racism and minority-scapegoating stuff is all just a happy accident for them, it all just makes things fit neatly together and explains why nothing has actually improved for them even after the fucker was president for four god drat years.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

Propaganda Hour posted:

Sorry if this has been posted already, but

Silk Now Claims A 'Bio Weapon' Sprayed Into The Air Killed Her Sister Diamond

Bless her silky smooth brain.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Actually explains why cops tend to over react whenever they're being filmed.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1618620144879652865?s=20&t=z2y0jkKqhk-1VikslV65pg

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

I actually find that statue aesthetically ugly, not pleasing to my eye. But I have a sneaking suspicion that dude doesn’t share my feelings about why he hates it.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
At least John Roberts wife Jane can continue hiring people to appear and argue before the court.

The Rot goes deep.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

wtf is up with the statues hair lol

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

madmatt112 posted:

I actually find that statue aesthetically ugly, not pleasing to my eye. But I have a sneaking suspicion that dude doesn’t share my feelings about why he hates it.

I see eggbeaters for arms. I just really don't like whatever they were going for there, they failed at it.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

InsertPotPun posted:

i...think maybe only doing what our slave owner ancestors would find acceptable may lead to some consequences for...oooooohhhhh

oooooooooh.

I wasn't in love with the way they used ancestors.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
it's a poo poo statue

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

A lotus flower base for a rooftop statue? Ok buddy...

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

verbal enema posted:

it's a poo poo statue

I think it might be bronze.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
"Why is that statue of a lady way up on a pedestal?"

"To keep Goebbels' hands off her."

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Statue looks like the first form of a Shin Megami Tensei boss.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I'm going to laugh if chuds start wearing masks to shield themselves from the bioweapon antifa is spritzing into the air from cartoon perfume bottles.

Also any time someone refers to the Babylon Bee as satire my eye twitches. I wish "journalists" weren't absolute poo poo and could call things what they are. It's amazing how after Trump started attacking the media they all fell over themselves to become exactly the thing he said they were. Suck more corporate dick, journos.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Why does she have horns and tentacles?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Not a big fan of the message of an RBG statue or trying to portray a multimillion dollar government art installation as "resistance", but I am looking forward to idiots drawing moral equivalences between demanding it be taken down and demanding the removal of traitors who fought the US so that they could own people.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Tear it down because it's not saying "Ruthkanda Forever", IMHO

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Destroying the RBG statue, something Republicans and leftists can finally agree on.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Polio Vax Scene posted:

wtf is up with the statues hair lol

It symbolises that rbg is in hell, being tortured by Satan

Anyway, it looks like rejected concept art of Mother from hit TV show Raised By Wolves, and I'm going to repost it to the appropriate thread.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

fishing with the fam posted:

Why does she have horns and tentacles?

On this statue

The sculptor's barely disguised fetish

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

sorry bud, the RBG statue is going to be up a lot longer than it should be

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

There will doubtless be no shortage of politics-driven hot takes on this, but I just want to say that this statue looks ugly and the whole premise seems dumb

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

That poo poo is dumb as hell.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
Let's see the right rant about SATAN and the FREE MARKET!!

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

I think we can all agree that we could use some more weird demon statues in public spaces, but there are execution standards that have to be met.

StoryTime posted:

The hair does feel like it's straight out of Catherine.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Cthulu Carl posted:

Tear it down because it's not saying "Ruthkanda Forever", IMHO

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Padical posted:

Me, a really large handsome military with tears in my eyes: "LOOKOUT, SIR, THERE'S AN ANGRY EAGLE SWOOPING AT YOUR HAIR!"

That's the one he pissed off in the WH. Eagles hold grudges

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Data Graham posted:

I still think (and few people seem to be with me on this) that the single biggest reason people threw in 1000% with the Trump mythos was just that they all knew him as the avatar of Rich Man from the checkout aisles at the grocery store. He's rich! He's the best businessman ever! If he's president he'll give all his money to ME (or do business magic to make the economy good which means my job won't fire me or whatever, same diff)

His name is a killing word to people's get-rich-quick gambling-addict brain-stems.

The racism and minority-scapegoating stuff is all just a happy accident for them, it all just makes things fit neatly together and explains why nothing has actually improved for them even after the fucker was president for four god drat years.

The Apprentice being as big of a hit as it was is the single biggest reason this happened. Even during the early 00s Trump was still a joke, an afterthought. Nobody gave a poo poo when he announced "I now own the tallest building in NYC" like five minutes after the WTC collapsed on 9/11. Nor did they care all the other times he announced that he was going to run over the years. It wasn't until he was portrayed as this billionaire genius that built New York City by Mark Burnett that idiots everywhere began clamoring for President Donald J. Trump.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Data Graham posted:

How long till they earnestly introduce a bill to roll back domestic violence laws on this basis

I wonder how many of them have been itching to roll back african american rights and the only reason they don't is because they can't get Thomas on board

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Ah yes. But rather than propose something resembling and actual solution like Sanders, trump just yelled loudly about how he’s the victim and then said again and again that brown and black and gay people were the problem, and was just needed to “drain the swamp.” And that was enough to win the broken, hosed up electoral college.

I know I’m oversimplifying this but 2016 really emphasized just how dumb and stupid and animalistic so many people are.

Honestly this is how Americans work in the modern world. Bitch as loudly about whatever problem they have but do absolutely nothing to fix it because that might take effort on their part.
I suspect a lot of climate deniers understand the climate is changing and why, but they argue against it because they might have to do something that takes effort or requires change in their habits.
It's like watching people bitch about going through a McD's drive thru and repeatedly getting too much ice in their drink. Well, the option to fix it is you go inside and do it your loving self. But that would require more effort than stomping on a brake pedal every few feet.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Hell yeah Raised By Wolves is coming back.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

New Deoxys forme lookin like poo poo

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

madmatt112 posted:

Same dude that saw facebook focus on that one angle of an MLK statue and saw a penis and decided yes, this is what it is and nothing else

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

jokes posted:

Basically people who really love Trump like that he cuts to the heart of their frustrations without making them think about anything, and indeed praising them for not thinking at all. he loves the uneducated lol

It's a small solace, but he really does not, he hates these people. He obviously wants to be a New York Socialite and also the Godfather, but other rich assholes hate his guts. His people are Mike Pillow and Marjorie Taylor Greene and he hates to be seen as one of them.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

steinrokkan posted:

It symbolises that rbg is in hell, being tortured by Satan

Anyway, it looks like rejected concept art of Mother from hit TV show Raised By Wolves, and I'm going to repost it to the appropriate thread.

Reminds me of Autodale

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

SocketWrench posted:

Reminds me of Autodale
the female transformer? kinda, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

StoryTime posted:

"I am thou, thou art I ..."