Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'd like there to be bombs and stuff again rather than simplified sheikah slate stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

External Organs posted:

They are going to shoehorn in some weird obscure switch mechanic -- maybe the stand in the back?

Hope not because mine's been broken for at least 3 years.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I'd like there to be bombs and stuff again rather than simplified sheikah slate stuff

I'm not sorry to say that I really, really like infinite bombs.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Felt like 2 bombs max because of how they worked. Not like in any Zelda games I'm actually ever running out of anything. There's usually some grass or pots around with bombs in it if really need in a pinch.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I would download a Bombchu, actually

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Spellman posted:

I would download a Bombchu, actually

"You wouldn't download a car bombchu."

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Bring back transforming masks

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Even a simple bunny hood will suffice, if masks are too much to ask for

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Bring back the Ocarina of Time and let you travel back to various old Zelda games to get the MacGuffins, bring in the Zelda 2 dungeon

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

socialsecurity posted:

Bring back the Ocarina of Time and let you travel back to various old Zelda games to get the MacGuffins, bring in the Zelda 2 dungeon

I’d take the Z2 dungeon THEME

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Captain Hygiene posted:

Even a simple bunny hood will suffice, if masks are too much to ask for

I'm still grumpy the BOTW bunny hood has a useless climbing-related power when it OBVIOUSLY should have been a speed-up item.

(And why no flameproof helmet when you can get freezeproof and shockproof ones while I'm at it?)

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
No matter what they do in terms of slate powers or item abilities or whatever, it'd be neat to see the return of environmental items, like bomb flowers and bees and horse grass and deku nuts. Most of the time those items were redundant or temporary and meant to be replaced by a permanent dungeon item, but honestly they gave a lot of personality to areas and I miss them

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

socialsecurity posted:

lol I'm actually surprised they haven't done something like this before. I guess it's commendable they've resisted doing something that would probably feel pretty hacky, but it also feels like such an obvious thing given all the time traveling and portal jumping we've accepted over the years

one of the coolest moments of my entire gamer career was going under the sea in WW. that wasn't actually OoT's castle, but it felt like it could be, and the idea of using in-world magic to travel back to the world of a previous game to get something important was so god drat epic and I've been chasing that feeling ever since

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

socialsecurity posted:

legend of zelda: strangers of paradise

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

susan b buffering posted:

legend of zelda: strangers of paradise

I want to kill Ganon. I need to. It's not a hope or a dream. It's like a hunger. A thirst.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

WarpDogs posted:

lol I'm actually surprised they haven't done something like this before. I guess it's commendable they've resisted doing something that would probably feel pretty hacky, but it also feels like such an obvious thing given all the time traveling and portal jumping we've accepted over the years

one of the coolest moments of my entire gamer career was going under the sea in WW. that wasn't actually OoT's castle, but it felt like it could be, and the idea of using in-world magic to travel back to the world of a previous game to get something important was so god drat epic and I've been chasing that feeling ever since

I both loved and hated that. When it happened I thought it was going to do the light/dark world kind of thing, and when it turned out not to be, I was so disappointed. It's why I can never rank WW as highly as many people do.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Dr Pepper posted:

I want to kill Ganon. I need to. It's not a hope or a dream. It's like a hunger. A thirst.

this is gonna be an intrusive thought for the rest of the weekend

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

Winifred Madgers posted:

I both loved and hated that. When it happened I thought it was going to do the light/dark world kind of thing, and when it turned out not to be, I was so disappointed. It's why I can never rank WW as highly as many people do.

yeah, I spent many hours forlornly staring out at the countryside from that one bridge thinking there MUST be more to it than just the castle

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Imagine rolling around causing loving chaos as a Goron in BOTW's overworld.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Yeah I would love a system similar to BotW where you get most of the tools at the start except they’re the masks from MM. Could even pick up a few other masks as the game progressed. Like the mole dudes from SS to go through mountains or something, and a new species to climb better.

As far as Age of Calamity, yeah the lack of adventure mode did it for me. I put in so many hours to the original Hyrule Warriors (for 3 systems) but there wasn’t much to do in AoC after beating it. Also I was in the minority that preferred the combat from the original, possibly just because of how much time I had put into it.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I appreciated the depth of AoC's systems, but I would say the faster, more hectic pace of the original suits me better. I really never felt too often in AoC that I had to switch characters rather than just run where I needed to go, and I suppose in the story mode of the original you didn't too much either, but especially to get the A rankings in adventure mode it was essential to think ahead and place your allies where you wanted to be next.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

maybe you can switch out arms to accomplish different functions

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Rocket punching, calling lightning down, etc

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Runcible Cat posted:

I'm still grumpy the BOTW bunny hood has a useless climbing-related power when it OBVIOUSLY should have been a speed-up item.

(And why no flameproof helmet when you can get freezeproof and shockproof ones while I'm at it?)
no this is cool actually because it's not just a bunny hood, it's ravio's hood and the buff to sideways climbing speed references the wall-merging mechanic from LBW letting you scale walls sideways!

the buff should be a bit better though. lemme really zoom on those walls

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
My favorite part about bombs, I’m realizing, ended up becoming the bomb-makers, the unhinged demolitions enthusiasts with their welded shacks that serve as both test site and store front. It feels like they tried to modernize that with the slate and the research labs, at least.

Also this page is nothing but good ideas.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

My current theory based on nothing besides handfuls of frames from trailers is that in addition to weapons you'll also find tools that provide traditionally Zelda-esque item functionality until they break. Presumably lore-wise they'd connect to your weird arm.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Link is now the 6 million rupee man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Six_Million_Dollar_Man

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Runcible Cat posted:

Ravio would disagree with you there.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm looking forward to the flame thrower shield that everyone here seems to have forgotten about

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm looking forward to the flame thrower shield that everyone here seems to have forgotten about

Yeah I came to say this, plus the fact that that snippet was in some sort of cave gives me hope for proper dungeons/an underworld

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

How is this game out in three months and there's been nothing but radio silence for what seems like an eternity?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nimtedno

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

sigher posted:

How is this game out in three months and there's been nothing but radio silence for what seems like an eternity?

I said it earlier, all major Nintendo releases have the curtain pulled off in a Nintendo Direct at about 3 months out. If they don’t do that soon, I’m expecting it to get a delay, probably till the fall or Holidays.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Tears of the Fandom coming Feb 2023

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

There's pretty loud rumors that a Nintendo Direct is imminent, maybe as soon as next week.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

The finest hype is in the theater of the mind, they can't stop us from hyping.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I'd love a direct so I can update the OP! I don't think it's been touched since 2017.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’ve enjoyed the teaser trailers so far, but it’s time for a real trailer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zw47_q9wbBE

This trailer is so loving good. I haven’t been so hyped for a game based on a trailer since maybe MGS2 Sons of Liberty.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I would like a direct that announces either TotK release date or it is delayed but they are releasing WWHD on switch.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Zat posted:

There's pretty loud rumors that a Nintendo Direct is imminent, maybe as soon as next week.

"Hello! I'm Eiji Aonuma. We hope you enjoyed this Direct! I'm sure many of you were expecting news about The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Unfortunately..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Maroon Hawk posted:

"Hello! I'm Eiji Aonuma. We hope you enjoyed this Direct! I'm sure many of you were expecting news about The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Unfortunately...here is Mario Pickleball instead. Enjoy!"