Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

Now I’m just a simple country lawyer, but perhaps with issue is shooting clouds of metal darts at crowds in a dense urban environment with demonstrable disregard for human life, rather than the darts themselves.

The issue with doing this is getting the permission slips from all participants beforehand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

And so it goes: the turn of the screw again and again.”
:twisted:

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Masno posted:

(Click thumbnail to open video)
An incident at the front: AFU militants are trying to extract the American M777 howitzer frozen into the ground with "fire and metal"
(from t.me/NovichokRossiya/23963, via tgsa)

dudes rock

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Imagine going through all of this only to eat a Lancet as you are hooking it to your truck.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

man that would suck

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag2_L9CC0JQ

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1621414391596961792

the russians are going to capture ukraine in minecraft

lmao loving called it:

Comrade Koba posted:

recreating the bakhmut offensive in landminecraft

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Есть такая профессия... 🇷🇺 posted:

(Click thumbnail to open video)
📱⏺⏺⏺
As the head of the Mikhailovsky Artillery Academy said: "The share of artillery in firing losses during the SVO has reached 80%.
And if you count the shooting of tanks from closed firing positions, then there is as much as 90%.

If we take one artillery unit as an example and distribute shares between barrel and reactive artillery, barrel artillery accounts for about 70% of defeated targets, and reactive artillery - 30%.
How does all this relate? First of all, with the tasks carried out by the regiment.
As I have already pointed out, our main task is counter-battery warfare, and the main one is to destroy the enemy reserves. And as the intensity of work of artillery units of the enemy is several times higher than the activity of the reserves, so the share of use of barreled artillery is greater than that of reactive artillery.

Well, as for the issue of military acceptance for the training of artillery officers, one can only rejoice at the level of training and the quality of the training facilities.
I should like to draw our colleagues' attention to the camouflaging of positions and guns. And, once again, I would like to appeal to Vladimir Grubnik and the fairies of his project Narodnaya Set with a request for five kits!
To sum up the video, I can say that there are a few ideas that I will try to bring to life. I recommend all artillerymen to take a look.

Есть такая профессия...
(from t.me/esttakaiaprofessia/354, via tgsa)

Артиллерия posted:

Voyennaya Priyomka "Artillery Academy"

What do the crews of Russian "Smerch" think about American "Hymers", is there a way to stop "Iskanders" and why Russian artillerymen of the future are trained for service under the cover of night. This time, Voyennaya Priyomka goes to the country's main artillery training centre, the Mikhailovsky Military Artillery Academy. Established in 1820 after the wars with Napoleon, the academy for 200 years remains the main forge of artillery staff of the country. And it is very effective: according to the Head of the Academy, the portion of loses inflicted on the enemy by artillery forces during the special military operation is nearing 80 percent.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3O-femJsaA&t=6s
[sub](from t.me/Artillery_Artillery/15142, via tgsa)[/s

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Western media making it sound like he died saving civilians heroically when his previous works were as a marine in afghanistan and as a civilian in iraq, yemen and syria

drat I wonder what all these conflicts had in common :thunk:

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Dr Dunkaroos posted:

because MSF doesn't let you torture Jews and Romani

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.thedefensepost.com/2022/07/06/us-military-balloons/

July 6, 2022

The US military is working on using high-altitude balloons to monitor China and Russia, according to a report by POLITICO.

The balloons, capable of flying at up to 90,000 feet (27.4 kilometers), would reportedly become a part of the country’s extensive surveillance network for tracking hypersonic weapons.

The development comes amid international concern that Russia and China are ahead of the US in hypersonic missile technology.

According to budget documents obtained by the outlet, the US Department of Defense has signaled its intention to move the technology beyond the scientific community to various military services.

“High or very high-altitude platforms have a lot of benefit for their endurance on station, maneuverability and also flexibility for multiple payloads,” senior fellow for the International Security Program Tom Karako said.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
china copying US technology again!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Watch the USA order the balloons from a Chinese factory.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I cant imagine why you'd think that a noble ukrainian pagan symbol and the amount of tanks germany is sending to be nazi adjacent

also its terrible, we are all arguing in good faith with you, just like you do with us. No, we aren't taking a piss at your poo poo pedantic arguments that miss the point entirely.

This trope again? The "ukrainian nazis" thing was debunked over a year ago

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

mila kunis posted:

lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
the term is rehabilitated

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Dr Dunkaroos posted:

seems like he got what he deserved, actually

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mods bad

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
maybe putin shouldve invaded Ukraine with baloons like in red alert hed have this in the bag by now

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

mila kunis posted:

you’re right they’re just sparkling ethnonationalists

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
Say what you want about their politics but the people at The Joseph Goebbels Political Research Center in Kiev are very good at their jobs.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Founded during the Nepal Earthquake, GoDocs is light and fast and was on the ground within 3 days with a 22-member medical and search team. Unlike other organizations,GoDocs provides both allopathic and integrative health practitioners including medical doctors, nurses, paramedics, naturopaths, homeopaths, acupuncturists and psychologists. The organization offers several healthcare modalities providing patients with more healthcare treatment choices.

well this just raises more questions? also you have to be entirely self funded for your deployment, whereas the reputable charities at least cover visa, indemnity and transport in country last time i looked

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Turtle Watch posted:

Say what you want about their politics but the people at The Joseph Goebbels Political Research Center in Kiev are very good at their jobs.

Collection: you do not in fact have to hand it to the SS

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jel Shaker posted:

Founded during the Nepal Earthquake, GoDocs is light and fast and was on the ground within 3 days with a 22-member medical and search team. Unlike other organizations,GoDocs provides both allopathic and integrative health practitioners including medical doctors, nurses, paramedics, naturopaths, homeopaths, acupuncturists and psychologists. The organization offers several healthcare modalities providing patients with more healthcare treatment choices.

well this just raises more questions? also you have to be entirely self funded for your deployment, whereas the reputable charities at least cover visa, indemnity and transport in country last time i looked

I'm a level six combat homeopath with a specialty in acupuncture under fire

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

Slavvy posted:

Collection: you do not in fact have to hand it to the SS

that old canard? That tired meme? Not all members of the SS were members of the German Nazi Party. You have been debunked, get your trope outta here.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Nah that was a good probe. gently caress off if you feel otherwise.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Jel Shaker posted:

Intelligence assets using NGOs as a cover? Has that ever happened before???

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Turtle Watch posted:

that old canard? That tired meme? Not all members of the SS were members of the German Nazi Party. You have been debunked, get your trope outta here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvgZtdmyKlI

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

Unlike other organizations,GoDocs provides both allopathic and integrative health practitioners including medical doctors, nurses, paramedics, naturopaths, homeopaths, acupuncturists and psychologists.

i mean when u think about it, what is an ar-15 but a mechanical acupuncture instrument?

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

free sexpig

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Jel Shaker posted:

That's true of a lot of the really big ones but most nonprofits, reputable or otherwise, don't have the budget to cover those things.

As far as this dead nonprofit worker/ex-marine dude is concerned, it's dumb as dogshit to lionize him without knowing anything about his past life, and it's also dumb as dogshit to say that he was 100% conclusively a spy who deserved to get fragged.

Not So Fast posted:

free sexpig

After that post, no. He can gently caress off. I'm done defending him.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
... you think you defended him?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Cuttlefush posted:

... you think you defended him?

Don't act like you've been tracking my posts on the topic, you immense dipshit.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
frankly im disgusted that you defended that monster hog

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
also don't sign your posts

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Cuttlefush posted:

frankly im disgusted that you defended that monster hog

Dude's a good comrade when he's not chasing drama like a gd Kardashian.:shrug:

In all seriousness, I miss the days when he could post bitingly but not like a loving maniac.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I dunno man I just miss my forums friend. I wish he could keep it together long enough to be able to post with us again.:(

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Majorian posted:

That's true of a lot of the really big ones but most nonprofits, reputable or otherwise, don't have the budget to cover those things.

As far as this dead nonprofit worker/ex-marine dude is concerned, it's dumb as dogshit to lionize him without knowing anything about his past life, and it's also dumb as dogshit to say that he was 100% conclusively a spy who deserved to get fragged.

After that post, no. He can gently caress off. I'm done defending him.

Brave

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
anyway, GRM's website is way too slick and there are way too many credentialed civilians on their board and poo poo. definitely an op. only adventure medics i trust are people who really like quickclot and are willing to get into sniper duels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Lol that was probably a little melodramatic on my part, I’ll admit. Replace the “he can gently caress off” with “he should smoke more weed before posting again.”