Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Rick Nash out of Columbus can also be a trade for the hit list.

E-

ThinkTank posted:

Both Laine and PLD had signed two year bridge contracts with their old teams as a result of having quietly asked out.

Jones was set to be a UFA the season he was traded to Chicago. He had six months left on his rookie deal when he was traded to Columbus.

For context on the PLD/Laine deal, Roslovic was a throw-in because he wasn't signing in Winnipeg (CBJ got his RFA rights), so the big names were the only ones under contract.

And re: Jones, yep. This was around the time JD was rehired; it was believed Jarmo wanted to have Panarin II: Holdout Boogaloo to get him to stay and JD told him no. Jones would only accept trades to Chicago or Dallas.

(Seth Jones for Adam Boqvist, Jake Bean, Cole Sillinger, and David Jiricek holy :lol:.)

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Even Subban’s only like 5 years ago, right?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
RIP Hanrahan's wife.
https://www.indiewire.com/2023/02/melinda-dillon-close-encounters-christmas-story-dead-1234806629/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m guessing crypto scams, NFTs, and such.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Cartoon Man posted:

There's something earlier in the thread about exotic animals

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

tarbrush posted:

There's something earlier in the thread about exotic animals

Oh poo poo I forgot about the snake farm guy, lol.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just skipped the oil.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
The all-star game jerseys rule

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Cartoon Man posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot about the snake farm guy, lol.

Jake from Snake Farm

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
So Lehner bought a $1.2 million snake collection, and after 6 years and who knows how many millions paid into it over the years from his salary, managed to turn it into a $27.3 million debt. Impressive.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

fermun posted:

So Lehner bought a $1.2 million snake collection, and after 6 years and who knows how many millions paid into it over the years from his salary, managed to turn it into a $27.3 million debt. Impressive.

There's rumors that Goldman Sachs is looking to trade for him for a 2nd round accountant draft pick.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

bored ape hockey club

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Watching the allstar game got me thinking - has a team ever tried to actually rent a player with term at the trade deadline and send him back after the season?

Like, could the Rangers conspire with the Blue Jackets to send a 1st at the deadline for Gaudreau, with an agreement in place that after the playoffs, they'll trade Gaudreau back to the Blue Jackets for like a 6th or something.

I assume the league wouldn't allow this, but has anyone ever tried something like this?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

Watching the allstar game got me thinking - has a team ever tried to actually rent a player with term at the trade deadline and send him back after the season?

Like, could the Rangers conspire with the Blue Jackets to send a 1st at the deadline for Gaudreau, with an agreement in place that after the playoffs, they'll trade Gaudreau back to the Blue Jackets for like a 6th or something.

I assume the league wouldn't allow this, but has anyone ever tried something like this?

There is nothing at all to forbid that. However, you can't trade promises of future moves so the Jackets would be entirely reliant on the Rangers not saying "I don't know what you're talking about" when it came to trading him back in the summer.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

This used to be possible in baseball when players were traded for a "player to be named later" and a few times that player happened to be the same person, but I think the last time it happened was John McDonald to the Tigers and back to the Jays.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

This used to be possible in baseball when players were traded for a "player to be named later" and a few times that player happened to be the same person, but I think the last time it happened was John McDonald to the Tigers and back to the Jays.

Yeah, it's not possible anymore, because nowadays when there's a PTBNL involved in a trade, the team that's sending the PTBNL has to provide the other team with a list of players they can choose (and they have to choose within six months of the trade), and that PTBNL can't be on an active MLB roster at any time between when the trade is filed with the league and when the player is chosen.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

OldSenileGuy posted:

It’s also pretty rare that a player goes back to their team right after being traded at the deadline. A bit different than what you are asking, but still good to note.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Unpopular opinion: I’m kinda enjoying the Fallout Boy performance.

:ninja:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Atlantic won the ASG for the first time, hell yeah! That was fun to watch. Their game against the Metro was awesome, 16 goals lol

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’ve always loved the 3 on 3 all stars tournament. The skills comp has been total crap the past few years though.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
it felt like the Atlantic division team was the only team that was trying. Well "trying" for an all star game that is.

The Tkachuks playing together was fun. Make it happen on Team USA at the Olympics now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Another home run for the Caps GM.

https://twitter.com/Capitals/status/1622021986196021251

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1622026334531633152

Very cheap for an underrated forward. Now go for the hat trick and move Mantha!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Speaking of PBTNL, how long does a team have to send the player? I'm curious to see who Calgary gets for Monahan

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Cartoon Man posted:

It's criminal he wasn't given a contract in the summer. Utterly mind boggling.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Speaking of PBTNL, how long does a team have to send the player? I'm curious to see who Calgary gets for Monahan

future considerations in the nhl basically means nothing. you just can't trade something for nothing so they put 'montreal owes us a favor' in the trade paperwork

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Cartoon Man posted:

Good on ya Sonny! It really was a bummer the Ducks didn't sign him for a few more years. I think it's the only thing Verbeek's done that I don't like so far.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Which team well outside the playoffs is going to try and go all in during the trade deadline? I was thinking the Blues, but the Flyers still strike me as a team too stubborn to throw in the towel.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Hextall actually speaking to the media this afternoon.

Run of the mill presser or is it something more?

Jarry out longer term?

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
florida i would guess. although them winning the lottery and gifting montreal bedard for 2 months of ben chiarot would be amazing

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Florida, Islanders, Calgary.

I could see Nashville or Buffalo adding too, but probably not all-in.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Furnaceface posted:

Which team well outside the playoffs is going to try and go all in during the trade deadline? I was thinking the Blues, but the Flyers still strike me as a team too stubborn to throw in the towel.

Nah, even the Flyers know their season is done. They’re just pretending it’s not to sell tickets.

The Blues also know they’re done. Armstrong is known for two things: signing too many bad contracts for too much term, and trading players at the deadline when the blues are not good.

They may re sign RoR , but Tarasenko and Barbeshev are def gonna get traded.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

clean ayers act posted:

florida i would guess. although them winning the lottery and gifting montreal bedard for 2 months of ben chiarot would be amazing

How do they even go “all-in” they don’t have a first rounder for like 4 more years lol

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Dirty Burger posted:

How do they even go “all-in” they don’t have a first rounder for like 4 more years lol

Didnt the Rangers go like 5 years without a first under Sather and still squeak into the playoffs a few times?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

Didnt the Rangers go like 5 years without a first under Sather and still squeak into the playoffs a few times?

4 drafts in a row, 2013-16. Made the playoffs each year, including the finals.

Only other times Sather didn’t have a first was 2000 and 2002 and they definitely weren’t squeaking into the playoffs those years

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Buffalo really should be looking to add. Probably not all in but making the playoffs should be a big deal for them after years of misery.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/status/1621891102495105027?s=20&t=K0Dvmf38kwlTprc-Vl-Jug

... but why?

Also why are they not ensuring that the only Australian player in NHL history, Nathan Walker of the St. Louis Blues, is part of this?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/status/1621891102495105027?s=20&t=K0Dvmf38kwlTprc-Vl-Jug

... but why?

Also why are they not ensuring that the only Australian player in NHL history, Nathan Walker of the St. Louis Blues, is part of this?

Australia has a pro hockey league. Seems like a decent thing to do to :growthegame:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Krime posted:

Hextall actually speaking to the media this afternoon.

Run of the mill presser or is it something more?

Jarry out longer term?

That's a weird one. Unlikely to be good news I'd think. Unless there is some weird executive re-org and someone stepping away for a bit? or who knows. Probably not good though!

Furnaceface posted:

Buffalo, Calgary, maybe Nashville, and LA*

Judging from Flyers broadcast (who basically take marching orders from Comcast) they're in 'hopeful' mode but mostly just to keep viewers. They're sunk and know it.

Buffalo has hung around enough and with both Washington and Pittsburgh looking vulnerable they the right add(s) they can make it.

Calgary has yet to address their Kylington issue and still seem a bit dysfunctional themselves. They are grinding out results however.

*LA holds a spot right now but if Vegas ever remembers how to play hockey/address their Mark Stone problem now you're dealing with Oilers and maybe a resurgent Calgary.

Nashville actually isn't that far off the WC though if Calgary start making a push WC2 seems far away, but 3rd in the Central isn't actually that far off either. :shrug:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

That's a weird one. Unlikely to be good news I'd think. Unless there is some weird executive re-org and someone stepping away for a bit? or who knows. Probably not good though!

It's not unusual for him to have a mid season press conference. State of the team kinda thing. They did it last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ThinkTank posted:

... but why?

Walker has this year and next year left , I doubt he would be a rental trade this year but the Blues are gonna sell whatever they can (hopefully) so you never know.