Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/ukraine_map/status/1621317276392722432
https://twitter.com/ukraine_map/status/1621324685563641856
https://twitter.com/ukraine_map/status/1621578613010169862

this is the severodonetsk counterattack confirmed by telephone guy lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

I don't understand why FF is so horny for Galicia

History brain

It’s usually terminal

We have a couple of support groups set up

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Endman posted:

History brain

It’s usually terminal

We have a couple of support groups set up

Close, but you missed the canada element

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
if balloons are taht big a deal then just pop em? if u cant even pop balloon then how u gonna fite a war with china

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

OctaMurk posted:

if balloons are taht big a deal then just pop em? if u cant even pop balloon then how u gonna fite a war with china

The US air force played too much Spiderman 2 and now they are forever unable to engage with balloons without becoming paralyzed.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

evilmiera posted:

The US air force played too much Spiderman 2 and now they are forever unable to engage with balloons without becoming paralyzed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DELvF8KTfFg

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
When Russia puts a different general in charge in the field or some random oligarch dies it's a big deal, a condemnation of failure and a sign that things are going to fall apart any second now. When Ukraine assassinates or arrests their own politicians and guts entire governmental departments it's perfectly normal anti corruption measures.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Don't make me post the pizzas again.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Starsfan posted:

When Russia puts a different general in charge in the field or some random oligarch dies it's a big deal, a condemnation of failure and a sign that things are going to fall apart any second now. When Ukraine assassinates or arrests their own politicians and guts entire governmental departments it's perfectly normal anti corruption measures.

vaguely-defined "anti-corruption" is a perfect excuse for whatever political shenanigans one wants to do, it's like the One Weird Trick to keep supporters on board

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1621222247808618501

the new human wave understander

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

He won a (fake) Nobel Prize!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

PoundSand posted:

That letter aside wasn't there already some rumbling of mobilizing refugees? I feel like I recall tweets from gov officials that they should start training able bodied refugees with the intent of sending them to help the war effort later.

Ukrainian government updated their laws about military service requiring all Ukrainians liable for military service to register with a local embassy if they're not in Ukraine.

Ukrainian conscription inside Ukraine isn't going so well and there's fewer people going along with it willingly.

So putting the two together it seems possible that someone might think it's a good idea to force some of the men to go back and die for their country.

The alternative speculation is that it's somekind of a racket.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It seems like a one time trap, otherwise you are going to have to have cops around Europe hunting around for Ukrainian refugees. I mean there is plenty of nutty things happening with this war but it may actually start Westerns scratching their heads a bit.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I would simply not register

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Imagine not paying and then you couldn't go back to the smoking rubble of ukraine that would suck

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

mlmp08 posted:

Worked well previously!

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Ardennes posted:

It seems like a one time trap, otherwise you are going to have to have cops around Europe hunting around for Ukrainian refugees. I mean there is plenty of nutty things happening with this war but it may actually start Westerns scratching their heads a bit.

yeah the casual crowd would be skeptical and some of the more fiery but not openly bloodthirsty progressive types would struggle to justify it. i don't think the handful of demoralised formations this could produce would be worth the loss of prestige, and unless they're totally desperate ukrainian authorities probably agree

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

mawarannahr posted:

hmm some nasty Olympics tweets at @DefenceU I had to edit out cause of gore

nice av

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-russia-malofeyev-transfer/32255371.html

quote:

The assets were seized after the indictment of oligarch Konstantin Malofeyev on sanctions-evasion charges. Garland said the assets will be transferred to the State Department to be spent "in support of the people of Ukraine."

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
That's weird, the title says the assets are going to Ukraine

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

sum posted:

Apparently the head of the Ukrainian MoD is being replaced by a guy who seems, uh, a little Political
https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1622310990602723332
https://twitter.com/ArmedMaidan/status/1620445608049000451

any pics of the frog?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

budanov looks exactly like the guy who used to do all the SBU propaganda videos announcing the people they'd captured for collaboration and their crimes, is he that same dude or just a lookalike?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
reported for anti borderlander racism.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I still can't get over Arestovich getting fired because of some minor communication snafu about a missile strike that everyone forgot about 2 days later and then immediately going on an interview and telling everyone Ukraine is hosed and the Russians are obviously going to win.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Home Office, Foreign Office or maybe even the Ministry of Defence would be more plausible. Levelling Up is about making local investments.

The Department of Leveling Up is running the Homes for Ukraine scheme.

Frosted Flake posted:

My favourite deputy prime minister sent a troop (4) of our oldest Leos today

But not even the C2s with MEXAS, the last of the Leopard 2s we bought from the Dutch as a stopgap measure.

Pictured: Tankies at prayer.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

CODChimera posted:

any pics of the frog?

I had a couple pet frogs growing up (Australian Tree Frogs). They both died.

The way the second died was pretty hosed up. I thought that he had escaped somehow, but couldn't find him anywhere. A couple months later I discover that somehow he had gotten stuck under the mat in his tank, and had been devoured by the grubs I had fed to him. Still feel bad about that.

(The first just got sick, because apparently frogs get sick extremely easily due to their permeable skin or something IIRC)

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
tankies are facing towards the Gorky Tank Plant (It is sacred to them)

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Holy poo poo, that artwork.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Do you suppose he's sitting on a darkened office to look menacing, or because there was no electricity?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Pistol_Pete posted:

Holy poo poo, that artwork.

quote:

A painting in Budanov’s office hints at successes he cannot openly discuss. It features planes depicting the GUR evacuating people from Afghanistan during the fall of Kabul in 2021; Ukrainian helicopters representing the daring air missions by his forces to resupply encircled Ukrainian fighters at the Azovstal steel plant in Mariupol; and a satellite, a nod to the reconnaissance his agency conducts daily.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/tvtoront/status/1622288271609929728

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
The ancient ruthenian city of Toronto. FF in shambles.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that new minister of defense was born in '86, that's crazy young

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

It’s in the style of a conspiracy theorist’s van covered in stickers

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I'm not watching that poo poo, are the commentators pro Russia sending rapists and pedophiles off to die as cannon fodder or against it?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Time to kill Russia and china

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ok fine, I'm watching it right now and the guy just called Wanger "Russian Isis" which makes me wonder what does that make the kadyrovites?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ok it's just every single bit of stereotype and lie they can cram into seven minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I need a text to speech bot that converts everything into Alex Jones shouting to read that to me.