Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

egg situation seems to have stabilized

i'm still buying the 5 dozen box from now on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Just for the record, he re-opened the thread himself. Feel free to post any good discounts, though.

Pull the logs

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Johnny Truant posted:

i'm still buying the 5 dozen box from now on

wtf you get 5 dozens

ive only ever seen those at restaurant depot

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Smugworth posted:

Pull the logs

Is this like a mission statement or something?

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I don't think I've ever seen this at Costco before, so I picked it up this morning, and it's actually pretty good. Still probably prefer Win Schulers if I had to choose, but this is also good. Has a tiny bit of heat, but not nearly as much as I was hoping.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

heavy liquid posted:

I don't think I've ever seen this at Costco before, so I picked it up this morning, and it's actually pretty good. Still probably prefer Win Schulers if I had to choose, but this is also good. Has a tiny bit of heat, but not nearly as much as I was hoping.

Looks way better than that black diamond pub cheese losedigee has been shilling in the poo poo club thread

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

gently caress now i want to buy soem spreads but what do i spread it on

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Voted BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE in support of Chinatown

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

i am an executive member and i demand a return of the polish with sauerkraut in response to the chinatown controversy

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

gently caress now i want to buy soem spreads but what do i spread it on

I usually use Stacy's pita chips from Costco for this and Win Schulers cheese. Any kind of cracker like that is good, as long as it's not a mushy one like Ritz.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pretzel thins

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

heavy liquid posted:

I usually use Stacy's pita chips from Costco for this and Win Schulers cheese. Any kind of cracker like that is good, as long as it's not a mushy one like Ritz.

what's the best way to store half eaten bags of chippy chips

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Alan Smithee posted:

egg situation seems to have stabilized

I don't like posting in here without Chinatown but yeah I was at Costco yesterday and they had two dozen cage free eggs for $5.99.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

heavy liquid posted:

And it's from Wisconsin. :hai:

Also I used plain Wheat Thins for spread cheese.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Went again today because I forgot Metamucil yesterday. Also picked up an antipasto sampler with mortadella, etc that may not make it into a sandwich because I'm just gonna eat it from the package. Also got a pep slice.

Why do I need Metamucil?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Considering upgrading to a 4K TV to get sweet super bowl deals.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

SirPablo posted:

Considering upgrading to a 4K TV to get sweet super bowl deals.

Best time of the year to do it!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

heavy liquid posted:

Go for Black Diamond, the one with double D's

like smugworth's girlfriend that i have sex with

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

We ran out of Kerrygold so we went to our Costco and they didn't have any. Supposedly there's a grass-fed Kirkland butter that's very similar but it wasn't where the Kerrygold was (with the other butters). Does Costco put fancy butter somewhere else now?

Our Costco was also very rearranged. Cellphone kiosk was shut down and off to the side. Gift cards weren't by the front. Other madness reigned.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

you know whats fuvcked

self checkout employees making you scan badge with them when the loving kiosk makes you do it again

they dont even let you use the scan gun like home depot whose self checkout owns x3

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Zachack posted:

We ran out of Kerrygold so we went to our Costco and they didn't have any. Supposedly there's a grass-fed Kirkland butter that's very similar but it wasn't where the Kerrygold was (with the other butters). Does Costco put fancy butter somewhere else now?

Our Costco was also very rearranged. Cellphone kiosk was shut down and off to the side. Gift cards weren't by the front. Other madness reigned.

If your Costco has a separate section for like dairy and eggs, check there. That's where I've found it in the past. Doesn't seem like every Costco carries it unfortunately.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

you know whats fuvcked

self checkout employees making you scan badge with them when the loving kiosk makes you do it again

they dont even let you use the scan gun like home depot whose self checkout owns x3

Ours only makes us scan at the machine. However, we do have to call them over to do some scanning gun magic when buying bagels since for some reason the packaging still doesn't have a bar code on it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

you know whats fuvcked

Yeah they’re really bad

One time I was just buying my lady a Costco bouquet and I couldn’t figure out how to use the machine because the barcode was on the side of the vase lmao

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

so +1 for for the old guy

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Goons being thwarted by self checkout reminds of that one goon who was baffled by how to use a sink.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
What, your Costcos suck? At mine they not only let you use the scan gun they'll tell you to use it if you're not because it's way faster since anything gun scanned stays in cart and doesn't have to go on the scale

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Resdfru posted:

What, your Costcos suck? At mine they not only let you use the scan gun they'll tell you to use it if you're not because it's way faster since anything gun scanned stays in cart and doesn't have to go on the scale

that’s the way to do it

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I managed to get myself a new ‘No Exec’ sticker. The harassment was getting so bad I actually found a manager and asked nicely to not be harassed at the checkout any more.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Zachack posted:

You’re thinking of the Kirkland grass-fed New Zealand butter. I don’t think it’s all that similar really, it’s way harder than the Kerrygold. I’m not raving Kerrygold fan but I do think it’s better.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Resdfru posted:

where r u

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Kirkland "Super Premium" Vanilla Ice Cream

Disappointing, if you call something super premium I'm expecting at least Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Dazs level of density. But I guess they took out the air and replaced it with some filler that has the consistency of melted bubblegum or low-viscosity Silly Putty.

For the $15 we would have been better off with three tubs of Breyers, honestly.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Zero VGS posted:

Kirkland "Super Premium" Vanilla Ice Cream

Disappointing, if you call something super premium I'm expecting at least Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Dazs level of density. But I guess they took out the air and replaced it with some filler that has the consistency of melted bubblegum or low-viscosity Silly Putty.

For the $15 we would have been better off with three tubs of Breyers, honestly.

How have you not returned it yet?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Anyone have one of those Kirkland Stearns & Foster mattresses? What are your thoughts? Is it at least less of a rip-off than every other mattress seems to be? Been waking up with aches and pains for awhile and figured it was all downhill from here. That is until I spent the other night in a hotel and realized this dumbass tuft and needle is what’s aging poorly.

Such a disappointing piece of garbage. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Tuft & Needle.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Resdfru posted:

Your Costco has scan guns?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Laterite posted:

Your Costco has scan guns?

just like home depot

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Zachack posted:

Are you in California? Apparently the packaging of Kerrygold butter ran afoul of a new hazardous chemical law. Here’s an article about it. It’s supposedly going to take a bit to get back up to speed. Apparently something similar is happening on New York as well.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Blue Moonlight posted:

Are you in California? Apparently the packaging of Kerrygold butter ran afoul of a new hazardous chemical law. Here’s an article about it. It’s supposedly going to take a bit to get back up to speed. Apparently something similar is happening on New York as well.

the micks were probably making it with horse milk or something like they wer doing with those meatballs at IKEA

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-extra-fancy-mixed-nuts%2C-2.5-lbs.product.100324317.html

Picked this up a few days ago and it’s nearly 2/3rds gone. All killer, no filler. My wife tossed some raisins and m&ms in with them and created a trail mix so extra fancy it made my monocle pop off my face.

Avoid if you can. Jesus didn’t mean for us to have all the good nuts, all at once.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

oops! all nuts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

but does it have deez