Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

I think potentially, someone in whatever circles of people outside the internet still speak with Tats suggested he seek out some treatment, and I am going to guess Tat's took it very badly.

"I'm going to draw Ye as a twitter bird wearing a hoodie and singing outside a talking pig's window about how we should love nazis, that'll show 'em I'm in a perfectly normal state of mind."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

In this vein, a few months ago I had someone at work butt into a conversation I was having when I mentioned having a friend in Portland to say, without a shred of irony, "Portland doesn't exist anymore, it was burned to the ground by antifa Black Lives Matter rioters".

How do these people function?

Because ultimately, what they have to believe has no effect on their lives. They don't live in portland or know anyone personally in Portland, so it's fine if it burned to the ground and anyone who says they live there or know someone who lives there must be a shill. You see it when conservatism bumps up against their lived experience; they either dig deeper into the denial, or speak up and get rejected as deep-cover shills.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

ZZT the Fifth posted:

In this vein, a few months ago I had someone at work butt into a conversation I was having when I mentioned having a friend in Portland to say, without a shred of irony, "Portland doesn't exist anymore, it was burned to the ground by antifa Black Lives Matter rioters".

How do these people function?

Because they've always been taught to never question anything they are told.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

kartikeya posted:

"I'm going to draw Ye as a twitter bird wearing a hoodie and singing outside a talking pig's window about how we should love nazis, that'll show 'em I'm in a perfectly normal state of mind."

I was just listening to a radio programme where an absolutely insufferable libertarian was making the same sing and dance, literally saying "I'm tolerant even toward intolerance!" and then crying out loud about cancel culture and wokeism. It was so mind numbingly stupid I had to close it after a few minutes of his "tolerant" anti-trans propaganda talk points in an hour long programme. There were two other people and the show's host discussing with him and I feel deepest sympathy for their mental health (well, the host got what she deserved for inviting him).

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Neito posted:

Because ultimately, what they have to believe has no effect on their lives. They don't live in portland or know anyone personally in Portland, so it's fine if it burned to the ground and anyone who says they live there or know someone who lives there must be a shill. You see it when conservatism bumps up against their lived experience; they either dig deeper into the denial, or speak up and get rejected as deep-cover shills.
it’s also an ego thing. Q-Anon dupes didn’t just admit they got taken for a ride by 4Chan kids, but instead just create different excuses or, in Garrison’s case, decides Q are just another layer to the Conspiracy. Because being fooled by a dedicated government shadow op designed to fool people feels less embarrassing than falling for some idiot RPing on a dying meme site. It shelters them from having to do any scary, deep introspection about how they got here.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I hear eggs are expensive.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

BonHair posted:

There's been some disagreement about churches being acceptable public art though :black101:

Are eggs in USA like butter in Denmark? The news have been going nuts about ridiculous prices on butter for months, but I have rarely actually paid the full new price and instead have been getting discounts below the old price all the time. And I eat a lot of butter, so I've been paying attention.

Only if Danish butter is essentially a monopoly and there's a very convenient excuse to shift blame away from naked greed.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
It would be nice if these political cartoons made a point about profit taking driving almost the entirety of the inflation, instead of some inane non-joke about number-go-up.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

As if it wouldn't be wall to wall copies of Mein Kampf.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I think the cartoon would have been more effective if there were, like, one book on one shelf with an appropriate title. (Mein Kampf might be a little on the nose, but something like that.) Because the goal isn't to have no learning, it's to take away meaningful learning and replace it with one narrow stream of propaganda.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

idonotlikepeas posted:

I think the cartoon would have been more effective if there were, like, one book on one shelf with an appropriate title. (Mein Kampf might be a little on the nose, but something like that.) Because the goal isn't to have no learning, it's to take away meaningful learning and replace it with one narrow stream of propaganda.

Lone copies of the bible and Art of the Deal spring to mind.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Two Corinthians.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Anything from right-wing grifters like Dinesh D'Souza that get shadow bought by the boatload, so they end up on bestseller lists, then given away at CPAC or whatever. They keep turning up at my local library, and it's irritating.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Adenoid Dan posted:

It would be nice if these political cartoons made a point about profit taking driving almost the entirety of the inflation, instead of some inane non-joke about number-go-up.

They should take a stand and just say eggs aren't very good

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Herbert:

The budget is in May. National cabinet receives Medicare report but fails to reach new agreement for strained health sector (ABC).

Broelman:

Kudelka:

They found the tiny radioactive capsule lost in Western Australia.

Lethbridge:

Rowe:

Badiucao:

Knight:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Pathetic.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Oops, he remembered to tell a joke

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

... I hate to say it, but that's actually a decent daily cartoon joke.

quote:

Shut the gently caress up and go away.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Mike Peters

Drew Sheneman

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

And now for some truly spicy hot takes:

It takes some pretty selective listening to interpret Ye praising Hitler and denying the holocaust as a generic "Love everyone!" message. Ishida has been the only person I've seen who's just been totally up front with his "Kanye West said nothing" beliefs. Everyone else on the right seems to have the self awareness to distance themselves from Ye publicly (even if they agree with him privately), but Ishida lacks that.

Thats not even a yeezy song lmao it's Institutionalized by Suicidal Tendencies, very hip and relevant to the 55 and older crowd

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Been a while since I posted these, but I've had them piling up as we roll from 1949 into 1950...

Okay, Parrish isn't a hateful rear end in a top hat all the time.

Oh, and here are a few if you want to see a conservative cartoonist denouncing farm subsidies:

("Philosofy"? Colonel McCormick, the owner of the Chicago Tribune, was a spelling reformer, which is why you also see stuff like "burocrats" in these cartoons.)

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
some uranium-detecting gizmo*

*latest fad

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

ANY DAY NOW!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Actually laughing

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Ukraine as the Fisherman's Wife

Ted Rall posted:

In the classic fairy tale, the wife of a fisherman keeps demanding more and more of an enchanted flounder. Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky keeps coming back to Joe Biden for more weapons, bigger weapons, always more and more. At the same time, he claims that his country is winning.

First Dog on the Moon: EXCLUSIVE: The octopus sex scandal that rocked the Antarctic

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Trapezium Dave posted:

0/10 the stars are only in the center of the rug around the presidential seal, and the Washington Monument would be over Biden's right shoulder (to the left from our perspective).

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Trapezium Dave posted:

When Russia gets the gently caress out of Ukraine, Rall.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Gary Markstein

Michael Ramirez

Steve Benson

Tom Stiglich

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Pretty funny coming from the side that regards any type of education as child grooming and liberal indoctrination.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

logger posted:

Pretty funny coming from the side that regards any type of education as child grooming and liberal indoctrination.

And believed in pizzagate...

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Plucky little King Tater

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Columbus Day
He couldn’t be stopped

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ooh, and Indigenous People's Day has just run in and tackled Columbus Day hard from the left! Columbus isn't going down without a fight: he's rallying the Italian-American fans in the stands to his side, they're looking like they might rush the field! I haven't seen a match turn this violent since the MLK Day vs Robert E. Lee's Birthday game!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Randalor posted:

... I hate to say it, but that's actually a decent daily cartoon joke.

Yeah, I've been saying for years how I wish TinFish would just stick to actual comics with jokes, because look at that.
It's a perfectly serviceable joke. It's not going to have anybody laughing until it hurts, but it's worth a perfectly good "Heh."

If he'd just stick to that instead of complaining about drunk driving laws and not being allowed to say the N word, the world would be a better place, even if only barely slightly.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Fishman’s pre-Duck work was pretty much that: milquetoast gag comics that you can imagine your grandparents or parents sharing on Facebook. The humor is just above the average zombie comic to sometimes get a chuckle out of you.

He must be getting paid good for this.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Here's a way to deal with this stupid poo poo.

A person who doesn't believe in God can still do God's work, whether intentionally or not.

Most conservatives will agree with this statement. Story of Saul and all that. Now swap out God for white supremacy. Probably won't accomplish anything other than pissing them off in a way they're not really prepared to respond to but eh.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
jesus loving christ

I do love Mother's Day being the loving cheerleader. Sports participation: For Girls!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Father always cums thru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!