Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

panette was mvp of nearly every map I didn't cheese after she joined

thank you, panette

I believe you were the one who recommended Lyn engraved Killer Axe+3 a few pages ago and I would like to officially also say,

thank you, panette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Syrnn posted:

I believe you were the one who recommended Lyn engraved Killer Axe+3 a few pages ago and I would like to officially also say,

thank you, panette

do you have wrath on her? (either inherited or by just putting ike on her)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I barely touched back-up on Hard because in hindsight, AI not being able to help themselves on 0% hit was too abusable.

Warrior Panette/Fogado turns out to be pretty good, especially with Dual Assist.

(Definitely have to drop Yunaka now, 12 str after 15 chapters is literally too little on maddening).

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
My Panette is a monster as on a wyvern with Lyn. Astra Storm can delete dragons or deplete a revival gem in one go, plus she can be a flying archer while engaged. With the engraved killer axe her crit% is around 70-80% - she doesn't even need Wrath.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Yep, I put Ike on her pretty much immediately because I didn't have room for Timerra, as I have a weirdly jacked Alfred who hit Str and Def almost every level so he's been more useful than anyone upthread has seemed to report. As is, Great Aether is overkill, though it did help with Lyn's paralogue at the end there with those tent reinforcements.

Edit: I also elected to keep Panette in berserker after asking if I should second seal her into something else, and she's also leveling nicely so I have no regrets keeping her fashionable.

Syrnn fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Feb 6, 2023

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Are you serious? I had to start the map over to prioritize that dude while not letting my fliers get shot out of the sky. One was more than enough. The item better be worth it!

Edit: Kotaku just shared that atrocious review again and I skimmed through it and realized it contained major plot spoilers. Wow. I’m actually legit mad, wanted to experience the disappointment of the lovely twist for myself!!!

My good friends Rosado and Ivy were able to chase him down just in time.

Honestly was kinda surprised he got slowed down by the tides, I thought there was gonna be a secret Pirate bonus attribute to make him still go full speed but it made it so I had like a full 2 more turns than I expected to catch up to him.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I just want everyone to know because I haven’t seen it mentioned, but after seventeen games they finally added a “restart map” button to the menu. Glory Glory Hallelujah!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Inu posted:

You haven't seen any bathrooms anywhere either, have you?

There's a reason why Alear keeps finding "horse" manure everywhere...

Someone should do a tier list of who’s most likely to survive a camping trip

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
so it turns out that your class outfit affects what you run around in after battle and i'm pretty sure this is the best game ever
https://i.imgur.com/BcZCwRO.mp4
shes fukcing... pubby

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Carlosologist posted:

Someone should do a tier list of who’s most likely to survive a camping trip

I am 200% certain Ivy acquires the coveted G Rank.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Pureauthor posted:

I am 200% certain Ivy acquires the coveted G Rank.

Hey, she does a camping trip with Timerra in their support and uh definitely survives at least.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm pretty sure Ivy is one of those people who become more powerful as the circumstances become more uncomfortable. She'll return from her trip in ripped clothes, covered in mud and blood, and using her fascinator as a makeshift water purifier, but her spirit will be unbowed.

Everyone else will be insane except Amber, who will be unaffected and have failed to notice anything wrong.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Lapis would be SSS Rank on that tier list.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I get what they were trying to do with the post chapter 23 cutscene but I really do not think they pulled it off.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Alear would survive camping mostly by virtue of being able to summon Ike and Lyn, who actually know how to rough it. Then again, even without Emblems they also have Fire Emblem Protagonist power, which allows them to solve any serious personal crisis by having a recruitable person show up to help.

Panette would have a great time. There's bugs all over when you're camping, and also half the cast never learned to camp, so there'd be plenty of ghosts too.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

the gacha refuses to spit out a dire thunder ring, no matter how many times I reset the seed

truly, i am cursed

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
I did Erika's paralogue, and discovered that both Rosado and Goldmary get special dialogue when fighting Erika. I guess it makes sense that the original ring bearer would get dialogue, but was surprised that Goldmary did too. I wonder if, say, Merrin and Panette, in addition to Timerra, got special dialogue with Ike in his paralogue, as they were all introduced in the same chapter

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Blaziken386 posted:

the gacha refuses to spit out a dire thunder ring, no matter how many times I reset the seed

truly, i am cursed

No that’s just the average experience.

I wish the system was different, but it’s absolutely worth it.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

ROFL Octopus posted:

No that’s just the average experience.

I wish the system was different, but it’s absolutely worth it.
I spent a good 15 minutes copying and pasting bond ring data from serene's forest into an excel spreadsheet, and making it all nice and pretty so that I could, at a glance, know which non-skill S-rank rings could be re-rolled on a different character for a better ring, because if I wasn't going to have any luck, I may as well try to get something else good

and then the very next pool i pulled had dire thunder in it :v:

why they decided that only some S-rank rings should have skills, and why only a fraction of those skills should be game-changing, I have no idea.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

posadas posted:

I did Erika's paralogue, and discovered that both Rosado and Goldmary get special dialogue when fighting Erika. I guess it makes sense that the original ring bearer would get dialogue, but was surprised that Goldmary did too. I wonder if, say, Merrin and Panette, in addition to Timerra, got special dialogue with Ike in his paralogue, as they were all introduced in the same chapter
merrin and panette dont, but fogado does.

the most interesting emblem boss dialog is definitely vander and sigurd reminiscing about lumerra.

and in an instance that i dont think is repeated anywhere else, *marth* has dialog with tiki in her map - it'll trigger when someone equipped with him fights her, no matter who it is. weird that they put that trigger in the game and then im pretty sure never have emblems get boss dialog anywhere else.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Endorph posted:

and in an instance that i dont think is repeated anywhere else, *marth* has dialog with tiki in her map - it'll trigger when someone equipped with him fights her, no matter who it is. weird that they put that trigger in the game and then im pretty sure never have emblems get boss dialog anywhere else.
Yeah, it's a little weird that they only do it there, and nowhere else. You'd think that Ike and Micaiah would have dialogue with each other on their respective paralogues, or Edelgard to have something to say on Byleth's, but no. Granted, anything Edelgard might have to say on that map might be a little spoilery, but Micaiah already gives the game away in the intro to hers, so there's no reason not to have Ike go "hey, just like old times :black101:"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also sigurd and leif could have dialog on their paralogues, too. sigurd even mentions leif being his nephew a couple times already

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Blaziken386 posted:

Yeah, it's a little weird that they only do it there, and nowhere else. You'd think that Ike and Micaiah would have dialogue with each other on their respective paralogues, or Edelgard to have something to say on Byleth's, but no. Granted, anything Edelgard might have to say on that map might be a little spoilery, but Micaiah already gives the game away in the intro to hers, so there's no reason not to have Ike go "hey, just like old times :black101:"

Sigurd talks about dying and also leaving his child behind all the time, it should be all or nothing imo

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Endorph posted:

also sigurd and leif could have dialog on their paralogues, too. sigurd even mentions leif being his nephew a couple times already

Sigurd started telling me about how Leif was his relative and was wandering around Somniel with him, before chapter 6. Sigurd time traveling confirmed?!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Its really got to suck to be the 6 Emblems that Lumera gave out to the various nations. At least the 6 that stayed with her got to hang out and talk to each other and Lumera for the last 1k years, the others have ostensibly been stuck just passively watching poo poo and completely unable to communicate until the events of the game.

its also very funny that Firene and Solm got an extra ring each and no one ever like figured out 'wait, if Lumera kept 6 rings and she gave one to each country for safekeeper where the hell are the other two?'

Zore fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Feb 6, 2023

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
So is Chloe post battle thing just glitched since its always the exact same thing when everyone else is talking different things?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
drat, those chapter 15 reinforcements don’t gently caress around. They don’t even seem to give great EXP for being super roided up level 5 warriors either.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Just beat Lyn paralogue on maddening, wasn't too bad at like 16 turns. Basically regrouped and put an ice crystal to bait out Lyn and then pile on the damage. Definitely feels like a mode that heavily incentivizes leaving behind any unit before chapter 10. My entire crew is post chapter 11 outside of Framme who crammed just enough EXP to learn Canto and be a Lucina bond bot.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Endgame plot question:

Are we supposed to have any idea who or what the emblem of foundations is?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

ChrisBTY posted:

Endgame plot question:

Are we supposed to have any idea who or what the emblem of foundations is?

who is the true foundation of all fire emblem? that's right, emblem zero is............ kaga.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

drat, chapter 17 was very rough. 6 bosses with their own rings including goddamn Enemy Sigurd who feels just as able to instantly delete anyone on my team from halfway across the map as he was in his first appearance. Glad I will presumably not need to deal with something like that again.

Felt a lot harder than the last few paralogue maps i'd done which i'm pretty sure had a higher level recommendation. Hope I was just tackling it the wrong way because if the rest of the maps are like this its gonna be rough getting through them.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The DLC will reveal that it's time-displaced Alear trying to quickly think of a fake identity.

'Who, me? I'm the Fffffii... Foundation Emblem. Yes, Emblem of Foundations. That's me. Not the Fire Emblem, that'd just be silly.'
'Then why is your invocation 'Burn us'?
'Oh hey, you know what I really gotta go.'

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

There's a crack theory that Sombron Came from the TCG Cipher universe because it's called Fire Emblem 0 in Japan. And the world was dying because the tcg itself got cancelled recently.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

drat, chapter 17 was very rough. 6 bosses with their own rings including goddamn Enemy Sigurd who feels just as able to instantly delete anyone on my team from halfway across the map as he was in his first appearance. Glad I will presumably not need to deal with something like that again.

Felt a lot harder than the last few paralogue maps i'd done which i'm pretty sure had a higher level recommendation. Hope I was just tackling it the wrong way because if the rest of the maps are like this its gonna be rough getting through them.

17 is a spike for a lot of people from what I've read.

People's ease of handling it seems to vary broadly by whether they discovered Dragon breath stall on Corrin or not.

Turns out when one character can hold an entire front the map gets a lot easier.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

galagazombie posted:

It’s fun to imagine everyone fighting over whose turn it is to use Alears bed. Everyone else just sleeps in a big pile together out on the grass.

Alear doesn't even have a bed.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I definitely didn't stall with corrin (though I did use her to lock down individual enemies) and didn't find 17 to be a big spike; 19 was the really tough map for me. From chatting with people it sounds like the difference in my end was whether you're baiting the bosses out or waiting for their AI to decide its time to start moving; if you immediately aggro each boss right after killing the previous one, you can fight them one on one (though the last two will tend to come together no matter what, I think). If you play sort of passively and let them start moving on their own, they can overwhelm you in a big group

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Feb 6, 2023

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

My theory on the endgame spoiler: The Emblem of Foundations is Sommie. All that poo poo about what a hardcore lone badass the Emblem of Foundations was is Sombron fearing he will look weak if he admits he's razing worlds because he wants his adorable cartoon dog back.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Natural 20 posted:

17 is a spike for a lot of people from what I've read.

People's ease of handling it seems to vary broadly by whether they discovered Dragon breath stall on Corrin or not.

Turns out when one character can hold an entire front the map gets a lot easier.

I knew about the Ice Wall, it came in clutch for Ike's map, but alas the main lane through which I ended up fighting 2 of the bosses at once was 5 squares across so the wall did not help. Also did not help that I spent like 7 uses of the crystal on trying to fight Zephia with 5 units, figuring she'd be as easy as in Chapter 14, which was definitely not the case.

Kind of annoyed each boss had resistance to their class weakeness though. I can understand it being the case for a couple of them but it's lame when everyone has Stalwart.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Ah yeah the other trick is to not split your army in half even though there's two ways to progress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also if you go for the top right boss first and then head left through the fire instead of looping back around to the bottom, you will aggro everyone except Zephia, whose trigger is a little farther back.