Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Hobo Clown posted:

Any fun Agatha decks? A lot of the online advice is to use a discard deck to get rid of her quickly, which feels like it's defeating the purpose.

The true purpose is feeling the psychic damage your opponent feels when she gets played and your opponent realizes they just lost to an Agatha deck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Hobo Clown posted:

Any fun Agatha decks? A lot of the online advice is to use a discard deck to get rid of her quickly, which feels like it's defeating the purpose.

You need sif+ghost rider and wave to give you two options for getting Agatha out of your hand before she completely fucks you. And you can’t play other 6 drops except chavez because they screw up Sif. So mostly Agatha lists have wave, sif, ghost rider, Agatha, and a bunch of 4 and 5 drops (taskmaster is a good one). Here’s a list that was recently posted on the snap discord:

https://snap.fan/decks/216447/

Get ready to retreat on 4 a whole lot.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

New Leaf posted:

With the Surfer nerf potentially on its way I'm having to shore up side decks. Recently I pulled Venom, so today I'm trying to figure out if he has a place in either of my Death-related decks and.. I don't know if he does. Thoughts? I'm just not sure where Venom is used vs Carnage, who seems to benefit more from eating squirrels and Hood and such.

Basically both sides of the board here are a fairly good endstate for Venom decks.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I don't have Ghost Rider or Hela so my discard deck is often at the mercy of RNG; probably even moreso if I add Agatha to the mix. I figured she's rarely a winning strategy but wondered what could let her cause maximum chaos or confusion.

I played someone the other day with an Infinity-level rainbow Agatha :psyduck:

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Hobo Clown posted:

I played someone the other day with an Infinity-level rainbow Agatha :psyduck:

When you play an Agatha deck, she always gets the boosters, so it's "easy" for her to hit infinity over and over.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Yes. It takes ~30 agatha games to split her. Every other card takes ~360 games.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

That's kinda funny. So at the very least she's good at boosting your CL?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

How do Miles Morales/Sabretooth and Wave interact? They also change cost to a value rather than reducing cost.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Re: Agatha. The benefit that I haven't seen others point out is that not only is she 14 power but she also starts in your hand in addition to your normal opening hand so she lessens the cards in your deck aka increases the chances of drawing cards that you want.

Re: not hitting infinite. It doesn't matter. If you feel it does then run my deck. If you're very close to 100 then you'll get there easily.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I hit CL 500 recently, should I keep an eye out for any particular card to pin in the shop?

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
If you are ever going to play Agatha you should play her now while it's still at least a little fun to have her in a deck. She's already a huge disadvantage in a deck and with power creep she will only get worse

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

The optimal cards to pin are galactus and thanos because there’s no good way to get them other than the shop, whereas you’re guaranteed to get all the other cards eventually.

In terms of cards that will make a difference to get right away, you can’t go wrong with Sera or Aero

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I hit CL 500 recently, should I keep an eye out for any particular card to pin in the shop?

Wong sera Death SheHulk Patriot Wave Mystique Lockjaw Mr Negative

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'd recommend looking at lists and figuring out a list you want. You'll only be able to buy three pool 3s with tokens for a while and you'd like them to work together. Buying patriot she hulk and sera doesnt get you anywhere.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

DrBouvenstein posted:

Season resets tonight (2/6) at 10- PM eastern?

I hit 80 yesterday wondering if it's worth it to try and claw my way to 90 for the extra gold...

Also, curious what everyone else thinks is the WORST card design of the BASE cards?
My vote is Coulson. What is that pose?

It looks like he's sort of doing a "Charlie's Angels" type of thing....but why is his tie floating in midair with a weird crease in it? Why is his back pant leg clinging so perfectly to his calf muscle?

That's the worst card art.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

No Wave posted:

I'd recommend looking at lists and figuring out a list you want. You'll only be able to buy three pool 3s with tokens for a while and you'd like them to work together. Buying patriot she hulk and sera doesnt get you anywhere.

This is the best advice. Don't pin or buy anything until you're drat sure you know which decks you want to play. If you're not dumping hundreds of dollars into the game, that handful of tokens you start out with will be nearly all you get for a long time.

Until you're S3 complete at CL 2800-3500, you'll only get 100 tokens from every half dozen reserves or so. They accrue really fuckin' slow.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

No Wave posted:

Buying just Sera actually lets you play a Sera control deck using just the cards you've already unlocked and it can hit way above its weight class.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

kaschei posted:

How do Miles Morales/Sabretooth and Wave interact? They also change cost to a value rather than reducing cost.

Don't have Miles, but iirc Sabretooth still gets hit by Wave.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Season resets tonight (2/6) at 10- PM eastern?

I hit 80 yesterday wondering if it's worth it to try and claw my way to 90 for the extra gold...

Also, curious what everyone else thinks is the WORST card design of the BASE cards?
My vote is Coulson. What is that pose?

It looks like he's sort of doing a "Charlie's Angels" type of thing....but why is his tie floating in midair with a weird crease in it? Why is his back pant leg clinging so perfectly to his calf muscle?

Emma Frost is doing the can-can... on a staircase... in a library?

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 6, 2023

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Do they do balance changes when the seasons switch or just whenever like with Jan 31st

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Black Widow is also pretty terrible.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Do they do balance changes when the seasons switch or just whenever like with Jan 31st

Whenever. The lack of balance tuning since release is one of the most common complaints. Hopefully, it was just because of the holidays.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
A lot of these seem to be bad because they have to do that 3d poo poo with them so you gotta make something stand out. Just bend your leg and put it out front!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

A lot of these seem to be bad because they have to do that 3d poo poo with them so you gotta make something stand out. Just bend your leg and put it out front!

Actually, I think all three might be the same artist and they just have a thing for that pose?

Edit: oh, nope. Widow and White Queen are the same, Coulson is someone else.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

We've gotten both. Seems more likely that it wont happen tonight but zabu nerfs going live the second he goes off sale would be pretty entertaining.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

No Wave posted:

We've gotten both. Seems more likely that it wont happen tonight but zabu nerfs going live the second he goes off sale would be pretty entertaining.

Five weeks of Zabu is more than enough, thanks. Time to put him in the ground.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Push El Burrito posted:

Buying just Sera actually lets you play a Sera control deck using just the cards you've already unlocked and it can hit way above its weight class.

This. Sera control is still one of my best performing decks across both of my phone and steam accounts. Even having a full series 3 on my phone I still broke 80 quite easily. I only play until I clear all the missions each day, but I'm sure it could push to infinite if I really tried.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Threw together a quick Agatha deck for the hell of it. On my first game, she dropped a T3 Cosmo, blocking Venom from eating Bucky & Deadpool, forcing an immediate retreat.

100% win rate so far, things are looking up!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I despise zabu and I think less of the devs and the game for how this whole season played out. On the plus side a season this dominated by series 5 may have thoroughly killed the "it doesnt matter what you're playing" myth.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

No Wave posted:

I despise zabu and I think less of the devs and the game for how this whole season played out. On the plus side a season this dominated by series 5 may have thoroughly killed the "it doesnt matter what you're playing" myth.

Nah, I still hear that all the time. "Just learn how to snap and retreat properly!" as if playing a 54% win-rate deck vs. a 46% has no bearing on the matter.

Edit: good news is the next two season pass cards are meh so if they get around to nerfing Zabu and Shuri in that time, then that'll be nice. I'd like a Galactus nerf too, but not holding out much hope.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 6, 2023

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Mierenneuker posted:

I kind of like Coulson now with this in mind because he's doing a stereotypical "butt and boobs" pose on a guy

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok I actually listened to a cube fairy and he didn’t gently caress me over yay

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

kaschei posted:

Cards like Sabretooth get their costs changed, so Wave would change them again to 4. Stuff like Death and She Hulk have a discount applied to their base cost, so those ones stack (ie if you've destroyed 3 cards Death is reduced by 3 and costs 6, Wave would change her to cost 4 but then that cost is still reduced by 3 and she actually costs 1 that turn)

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
What's a good Sera control deck? Maybe I'm just bad but the ones I've seen on youtube have not gone that well for me.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Gaussian posted:

What's a good Sera control deck? Maybe I'm just bad but the ones I've seen on youtube have not gone that well for me.

The old reliable is still good, and is a good place to start because then you can read and use this well done guide:

https://marvelsnapzone.com/control-sera-guide/

Once you have that down you can do some wild stuff like putting in zabu and Drax for armor and lizard. This is the list I’m using right now but it might just be worse than the original.

# (1) Titania
# (2) Angela
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Sentinel
# (2) Mysterio
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Zabu
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Drax
# (5) Sera
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTY2FybGV0V2l0Y2gifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlbnRpbmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0ZXJpbyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmlzaG9wIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlcmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyYXgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlphYnUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlRpdGFuaWEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1heGltdXMifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

That's a crazy turn one, but if you draw Patriot and Kazar you will probably win here.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

The basic philosophy is be behind on 5 so enchantress and Shang go off, and maintain maximum flexibility as long as possible so you can win any of the lanes on t6. The guide says it a lot better than that.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sock The Great posted:

That's a crazy turn one, but if you draw Patriot and Kazar you will probably win here.
Highly doubtful lol. The card that can win that game is debrii anyone not running her should gtfo.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I didn't have Mysterio (still don't) but I swapped him for Zabu and lol let me tell you a turn 6 Enchantress/Shang Chi/Killmonger is enough to destroy almost any deck someone plays.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Push El Burrito posted:

I didn't have Mysterio (still don't) but I swapped him for Zabu and lol let me tell you a turn 6 Enchantress/Shang Chi/Killmonger is enough to destroy almost any deck someone plays.

When you have zabu and sera online and drop shang, enchantress, max, Titania and mysterio for 23 power +5-7 ticks on bishop plus whatever you blow up on the other side it feels so nasty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Mierenneuker posted:

My best faith interpretation is that she was about to jump the railing and got a headache