Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
The Portofino Canned Yellowfin Tuna at like 5.69$ on sale for the 8 pack is a bargain and I haven’t eaten canned tuna in forever.

Enjoyed the frozen Boba Milk tea bars, how do the Kirkland Vanilla ice cream bars compare to the Haagan Daaz ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

MrQwerty posted:

the gently caress is this poo poo

Sounds like you boneheads need a pronunciation guide.

Incorrect "CosT Co" register:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAaiY2GNZ2Y

Correct Giga-Chad "CossCo" pronunciation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIFCWpn4qQ4

infraboy posted:

The Portofino Canned Yellowfin Tuna at like 5.69$ on sale for the 8 pack is a bargain and I haven’t eaten canned tuna in forever.

Enjoyed the frozen Boba Milk tea bars, how do the Kirkland Vanilla ice cream bars compare to the Haagan Daaz ones?

Yellowfin has a lot of mercury so if you're eating it in bulk you might want to mix in some cilantro to chelate it. Plus cilantro's tasty.

I've had both the Kirkland Bars and Haagan bars, the Kirkland are very similar down to the almond bits. If someone gave me one of either unlabeled I don't think I'd know which it was.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Lol, I was about to say that it wasn’t as good as breyers, but the Costco premium vanilla is good. We ate the crap out of it for a while.
Maybe my ice cream critical abilities are off. I don’t think I’ve ever had baaaaaad ice cream. I mean I don’t love the stuff that has so much air in it that they can’t call it ice cream, but even that tastes pretty good

e: typos

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

DamnitGannet posted:

i want to like the churro but their quality quickly diminishes within minutes of being put on the display. god forbid you get the last one in the batch

They’re so bland

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

namlosh posted:

Lol, I was about to say that it wasn’t as good as breyers, but the Costco premium vanilla is good. We ate the crap out of it for a while.
Maybe my ice cream critical abilities are off. I don’t think I’ve ever had baaaaaad ice cream. I mean I don’t love the stuff that has so much air in it that they can’t call it ice cream, but even that tastes pretty good

Breyer's isn't legally allowed to call their product ice cream. If that's your benchmark for quality you are way off.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Zero VGS posted:

Yellowfin has a lot of mercury so if you're eating it in bulk you might want to mix in some cilantro to chelate it. Plus cilantro's tasty.

Holy gently caress this is (kind of) a real thing. It's also got quite the woo following.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34804896/

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Costco vanilla isn't like the kind of ice cream that's heavy cream tasting. More like the inside of an almond/chocolate bar?

It's still loving delicious.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I have an S&F mattress, but I got it at a regular mattress store. We actually showed the cheaper Costco model to the salesman to negotiate a better price on ours. It's been great for about a year so far, but it's hard to judge a mattress in that little time.

How much did they let you argue it down? The Kirkland is running at $899 right now which I’d be pretty happy with but I’m open to apostasy if the deal is good.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Dick Fontaine posted:

How much did they let you argue it down? The Kirkland is running at $899 right now which I’d be pretty happy with but I’m open to apostasy if the deal is good.

OK, more specifically, the price of the mattress itself stayed the same (closer to $2000), but we got free sheets, pillows, topper, box spring, delivery, and old mattress removal. The one at Costco was medium firmness and we were set on full firmness, so it was a bluff. I'm sure the salesman also felt like he was pulling one over on us, because otherwise he wouldn't have offered those things, but it was a way better deal than what they were offering beforehand.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Fitzy Fitz posted:

OK, more specifically, the price of the mattress itself stayed the same (closer to $2000), but we got free sheets, pillows, topper, box spring, delivery, and old mattress removal. The one at Costco was medium firmness and we were set on full firmness, so it was a bluff. I'm sure the salesman also felt like he was pulling one over on us, because otherwise he wouldn't have offered those things, but it was a way better deal than what they were offering beforehand.

Oh yeah no way am I giving up my faith for that. $899 delivered, removal included, and if it sucks I’ll strap the drat thing to the roof of my car and then it’s Costco’s problem.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I've had my eye on an OLED TV for a while now and it was $1299 for a time. A few months ago I checked and it had gone up to $1399 which I was bummed about but figured I'd just deal with it when it came time to buy. Well the time came to buy and it was $1299! Thanks, Super Bowl TV sales! Thanks, Costco!

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

Cilantro tastes like soap though?

And that sucks, because I need tuna. I usually go with the Genova brand, the ones in the gold cans with olive oil. I limit myself on how much canned tuna I eat, because I know all about the mercury content if it and other fish. But dang if canned tuna and an Italian dressing isn't a good, fast lunch food.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Dick Fontaine posted:

Oh yeah no way am I giving up my faith for that. $899 delivered, removal included, and if it sucks I’ll strap the drat thing to the roof of my car and then it’s Costco’s problem.

I would 100% go for Costco if they have what you're looking for, yeah. Mattress and furniture stores suck.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

ShowTime posted:

And that sucks, because I need tuna. I usually go with the Genova brand, the ones in the gold cans with olive oil. I limit myself on how much canned tuna I eat, because I know all about the mercury content if it and other fish. But dang if canned tuna and an Italian dressing isn't a good, fast lunch food.

Have you considered fish lower on the food chain, like anchovies and sardines? Lower mercury, possibly more sustainable, arguably better tasting.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

That sucks about Yellowfin. I go deep sea fishing with my friends every year to catch some so my freezer's always full of it.

Is red snapper bad too?

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

ShowTime posted:

Sorry you lost the genetic lottery, cilantro owns bones

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Johnny Truant posted:

Yeah I'm making a trip today and checked online, hoping it's just there and their website is wonky

Costco website is like entirely separate from the physical stores, it's contents have zero relation to what's actually stocked in the stores.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

That sucks about Yellowfin. I go deep sea fishing with my friends every year to catch some so my freezer's always full of it.

Is red snapper bad too?

You're an old man just enjoy your loving mercury.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Bum the Sad posted:

Costco website is like entirely separate from the physical stores, it's contents have zero relation to what's actually stocked in the stores.

You can call any store with an item number from the website and and get a stock confirmation and in-store price in just a minute or two.

Don’t call without items numbers unless you want to make new enemies.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Which one of you had the Costco themed birthday party?

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRGPSYSH/

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

namlosh posted:

Yeah I mean ice cream is impossible to gently caress up, the flavor is good, I'm mostly incensed that it's labeled as "super-premium" and carries a $15 price when it's nothing like other super-premiums in texture.

ShowTime posted:

Costco usually stocks this in store and it's my favorite boneless/skinless sardine in oil: https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/season-skinless-and-boneless-sardines-in-100%25-olive-oil%2c-4.375-oz%2c-6-ct.product.100145808.html

It's a more mild sardine with a perfect amount of salt, and even the thoughtful foil lid and the very clean deboning, it's lower effort than tuna and no mercury, and I think it tastes much better.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Is red snapper bad too?

Big fish eat smaller fish which makes them accumulate all the mercury that was in the smaller fish. A Sardine weight an ounce, a Red Snapper maybe 20 pounds, and a Tuna will be the size of a goon, so 200-600 pounds. So extrapolate from that.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

My Costco has the mercury tested tuna so you can eat more tuna

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Have you considered fish lower on the food chain, like anchovies and sardines? Lower mercury, possibly more sustainable, arguably better tasting.

Yea, I love Barramundi and pick a bag up every 2 trips or so. Not only sustainable, but tests very low on Mercury. And it tastes loving delicious. It's also not really expensive. It's probably my favorite fish. (Get some of the Kinder's Seafood seasoning, sprinkle some on the Barramundi and cook it with some olive oil for a fantastic fish).

I just like having tuna around for a fast, easy protein to eat with a salad. I haven't had any in maybe a month, but when I do have it I eat maybe 2 cans a week. I'm in the mood for it again.

El Padrino posted:

Sorry you lost the genetic lottery, cilantro owns bones

And yea, it sucks. My bloodline is weak.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Is the ice cream the chewy kind, like at Cold Stone? If you're not used to that, I could understand it feeling fake and gummy even though it can be premium/real

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Yellowfin is still fine occasionally unless you're pregnant. I eat tinned fish five times a week (minimum) but it's almost all sardines, some mackerel/herring, and occasional tuna (and really occasional cod liver). The Portofino stuff is also really high quality, with decent oil and whole fillets

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

pentyne posted:

Breyer's isn't legally allowed to call their product ice cream. If that's your benchmark for quality you are way off.

Tbh it’s been a long time since I had it… but it was always so good! Little vanilla bean flecks and such. That’s a bummer :(

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Anne Whateley posted:

Is the ice cream the chewy kind, like at Cold Stone? If you're not used to that, I could understand it feeling fake and gummy even though it can be premium/real

Yeah that's exactly what it's like. Which I also had once and hated.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

namlosh posted:

Tbh it’s been a long time since I had it… but it was always so good! Little vanilla bean flecks and such. That’s a bummer :(

Breyers used to be good like that and now it's dreck

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

fischtick posted:

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-extra-fancy-mixed-nuts%2C-2.5-lbs.product.100324317.html

Picked this up a few days ago and it’s nearly 2/3rds gone. All killer, no filler. My wife tossed some raisins and m&ms in with them and created a trail mix so extra fancy it made my monocle pop off my face.

Avoid if you can. Jesus didn’t mean for us to have all the good nuts, all at once.

lol that's a 7000 calorie jar. Hopefully Costco sells Rascal scooters.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Zero VGS posted:

Yeah that's exactly what it's like. Which I also had once and hated.
Yeah that's super primo, it's just New England style. Minimal air and a lot of egg yolks and fat
https://www.seriouseats.com/dense-rich-chewy-new-england-ice-cream-recipe

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

fischtick posted:

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-extra-fancy-mixed-nuts%2C-2.5-lbs.product.100324317.html

Picked this up a few days ago and it’s nearly 2/3rds gone. All killer, no filler. My wife tossed some raisins and m&ms in with them and created a trail mix so extra fancy it made my monocle pop off my face.

Avoid if you can. Jesus didn’t mean for us to have all the good nuts, all at once.
Correction: https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-whole-fancy-unsalted-cashews%2c-2.5-lbs.product.100334738.html

That is the all killer nut mix

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Holy poo poo that is a thing combining the two foods I love the most. Dammit Costco I need quart buckets of this stat!

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I like those unsalted cashews, they're great toasted on top of some pasta tossed with the Costco Pesto.

Pine nuts might be a bit more traditional but those are like 28$/lb.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Bum the Sad posted:

lol that's a 7000 calorie jar. Hopefully Costco sells Rascal scooters.

Yeah. Basically we as a family of three have had an extra meal or so per day for the last week consisting entirely of (extra fancy) nuts. Self-control is winning out, but the damage has already been done.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
PBUC

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

infraboy posted:

Cossco Pesso

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

And don't forget T1W2G (The One With Two G's)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Welcome back my friend. Your communion (hot dog) is waiting.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Praise be unto Chinatown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Welcome back my friend. Your communion (hot dog) is waiting.

Swung by yesterday for a few items and snagged a dog on the way in. :haibrow: