Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I made the mistake of buying this. It was a mistake because I have no self control with these and usually eat way too many.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

heavy liquid posted:

I made the mistake of buying this. It was a mistake because I have no self control with these and usually eat way too many.

I pair these with the animal cracker jug for my at work snack station.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Costco Pepsi Co

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

yoloer420 posted:

Do Costco memberships work internationally? I can't log into the US Costco site with my Costco Australia credentials.

I'm now worried that I may not be able to access Costco when I'm in the US!

Costco Online is different from the stores in regards to using international memberships:

https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1266/~/can-a-member-from-outside-the-us-place-an-order-on-costco.com

Seems like a hassle, but the option is there!

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Re: Sardine chat, they are frequently on sale and excellent quality. So excellent, in fact, that one time my extremely crafty beagle got herself up on the kitchen table, balanced herself on our coffee station in such a way that she was able to open the built in cabinet overhead, knocked down the unopened six pack of sardine cans, and opened and ate every single one of them. She was extra glossy for a couple weeks after that, which speaks to Kirkland Quality.

Beagle tax:

Is baby

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Able to open cans is a truly incredible level of crafty. Unironically, stage it again with a phone set up to record it for America's Funniest Videos. $20k if you win an episode, $100k if you win the season

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

MarcusSA posted:

Costco Pepsi Co

im kiknda glad they do pepsi fountains tbh

you can get coke anywhere else, sometimes you gotta mix it up

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

He Has Risen

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

MarcusSA posted:

Costco Pepsi Co

I wish they would have a second diet option like diet mountain dew. Diet pepsi is gross.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Professional Baseball Umpires Corporation?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Posts be unto Chinatown

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Chinatown posted:

Swung by yesterday for a few items and snagged a dog on the way in. :haibrow:

I've been a member for like 6 years, have eaten probably 200 hot dogs from there. I've never once in my life thought to get one on the way in.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Tatsuta Age posted:

I've been a member for like 6 years, have eaten probably 200 hot dogs from there. I've never once in my life thought to get one on the way in.

Food court first. Always. Never shop at Costco when hungry.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Even better is the pack of garlic and onion macadamia nuts that I picked up in Kona once. We have some macadamia nuts in Seattle but nothing as godly as those garlic and onion ones.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Went to Costco today and left with more money than i arrived with.

PBUC

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Chinatown posted:

Plus your frozen stuff isn’t melting while you eat.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

heavy liquid posted:

These things are utterly insane. I used to work somewhere they always had a tub of em in the break room and I was such a greedly little poo poo for them

And this was the BJs brand. I shudder to think of the demonic magic the kirkland signature ones possess

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Chinatown posted:

Agreed. And you also don't clog up the food court with a packed cart this way. People who do it wrong (food court after shopping) always seem to park their drat carts right in front of the garbage cans or blocking tables or that kind of thing.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

ShowTime posted:

And yea, it sucks. My bloodline is weak.

I wouldn't go so far. I just find it extremely interesting that the ability to enjoy cilantro is 100% based on a gene.

You're alright, cilantro-tastes-like-soap goon :unsmith:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Anne Whateley posted:

Yeah that's super primo, it's just New England style. Minimal air and a lot of egg yolks and fat
https://www.seriouseats.com/dense-rich-chewy-new-england-ice-cream-recipe

It says it was invented in Somerville but I’ve lived in and around Somerville my whole life and have never been served up this whack rear end stuff. I think we made it as a joke to trick these Arizona (Coldstone) and Cali (Costco OEM) creameries to make it while we keep the better stuff.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Chinatown posted:

kinda wish shopping carts had a drink caddy

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

kinda wish shopping carts had a drink caddy

thats my left hand bruv

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Chinatown posted:

thats my left hand bruv

wish i had a third hand

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Went to Costco today and left with more money than i arrived with.

PBUC

Did you also return a 3 year old bed frame?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Anne Whateley posted:

Able to open cans is a truly incredible level of crafty. Unironically, stage it again with a phone set up to record it for America's Funniest Videos. $20k if you win an episode, $100k if you win the season

The Season brand they sell at Costco has an easily punctured foil top. Unfortunately my Costco never sells the ones with bones

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

my Costco had water softener salt and I picked up that boba kit the thread recommended

good Costco day even tho I didn't hit the food court up (I got tbell booyakasha)

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Getting ready to go to Costco for home office supplies, since I quit my job for one where I don't have to show up to an office (and my super nice built-for-me chair is about 8 weeks out). Also picking this up since it delivered to the store:

https://www.costco.com/.product.4000102864.html

V excited about pink velvet desk chair. I had one at my previous job and it's comfortable as hell for my short body.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also: has anyone had the ravioli lasagna recently? Might get to feed my nieces and nephews this weekend, since I'm watching them. They're ages 3-10 so it should be fine.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Holland Oates posted:

Also: has anyone had the ravioli lasagna recently? Might get to feed my nieces and nephews this weekend, since I'm watching them. They're ages 3-10 so it should be fine.

It's as good as you imagine, but I enjoyed tossing some additional Rao's sauce on top for some added flavor/sauciness. Definitely optional, especially given how much Rao's costs, but worth it imo.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

pnumoman posted:

It's as good as you imagine, but I enjoyed tossing some additional Rao's sauce on top for some added flavor/sauciness. Definitely optional, especially given how much Rao's costs, but worth it imo.

Eh, I'll grab a pack. They like cheese, I can't eat cheese (I am cursed) so it's worth a shot.

Also I'm getting one of those buckets of G2 pens for like $18 for 50 pens. PBUC.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Chinatown posted:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The superior sardine is the King Oscar bristling but unfortunately Costco doesn't carry it. BJ's does though.

There, I said the hard truth.

I love just dumping a can of KOs into a salad with about half the oil. Add some vinegar and there's your salad dressing. Shake to combine and you now have a bomb rear end lunch that's not making you any friends at work.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I mix my canned fish into one of those microwavable bags of rice. Add some hot sauce and nuts/seeds/beans. Good backup lunch.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm in the parking lot at Costco right now. Hallowed ground. No Sam's Club membership card holder may harm me here.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Propaganda Hour posted:

Did you also return a 3 year old bed frame?

No, Costo credit card rewards redemption.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Renegret posted:

The superior sardine is the King Oscar bristling but unfortunately Costco doesn't carry it. BJ's does though.

There, I said the hard truth.

I love just dumping a can of KOs into a salad with about half the oil. Add some vinegar and there's your salad dressing. Shake to combine and you now have a bomb rear end lunch that's not making you any friends at work.

Truth. Bristling sardines are the best, also don't like them skinless

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
stuck my head inside the sam's club thread and saw that they have their full food court offerings back. stumbling back into the costco thread with my mind reeling, telling myself it's clearly because costco has higher priorities and the sam's food court can't be as good anyway. but the seed has already been planted. I'm questioning everything I ever held true.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I saw an undercover video of Sam's club's food court once and behind the scenes they just have a wet trough full of hotdogs labelled "Bar S" and they just shovel them with a giant shovel with holes for the juice to fall out into the hotdog hopper that feeds the cooker

And they were filling the ket and mus dispensers with Dr Thunder and red/yellow food coloring

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
WTF happened to the good whipped cream.

Now it's awful kirkland brand crap.

Slowly but surely all the good stuff is phased out and replaced with inferior Kirkland brands. Happened with chocolate chips, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Waltzing Along posted:

WTF happened to the good whipped cream.

Now it's awful kirkland brand crap.

Slowly but surely all the good stuff is phased out and replaced with inferior Kirkland brands. Happened with chocolate chips, too.

I haven't noticed a difference in taste between this and the old Land O Lakes cream (which was some third party licensing the Land O Lakes name). It's still better than the "whipped topping" that my local grocery sells.

That being said, you used to get three cans but now only two.